PSN Weekly Deals - 4/10: Rockstar Sale! $20 Owlboy, $14 Aegis Defenders, $10 Thimbleweed Park, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Index

Current Deals - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 8 AM PT/11 AM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
Ending Soon
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

April’s PS+ Games - Ends 5/1/18

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: 99Vidas

:ps4:  :ps3: In Space we Brawl

:ps4: Mad Max

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted

:ps3: Toy Home

PSVR  :ps4: TrackMania Turbo

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT

:ps4: Dragon's Crown Pro - $44.99 - 10% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

:ps4: Guns of Icarus Alliance: PS4 Edition - $11.24 - 25% Off - Pre-order ends 5/1

:ps4: The Swords of Ditto - $17.99 - 10% Off - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31/18

:ps4: To Leave - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 4/24

:ps4: Trailblazers - $23.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 5/8

:ps4: We Happy Few - $50.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31
:ps4: We Happy Few Digital Deluxe - $67.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Blue-Collar Astronaut - $4.99 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 5/29

:ps4:  :vita:  Rogue Aces - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove - $19.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/18

PS4 - [customspoiler="PSVR Note"]PSVR :ps4: means the game is playable with or without PSVR.[/customspoiler]

Aegis Defenders - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 4/24 N

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Anima: Game of Memories - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/25

Anoxemia - $4.79 - 40% Off - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Castles - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Crazy Strike Bowling EX - $6.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Demon's Crystals - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/24

Ginger: Beyond the Crystal - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Heart & Slash - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Injustice 2 - $23.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Injustice 2 Legendary Edition - $47.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Nightmare Boy - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Streets of Red: Devil's Dare Deluxe - $7.19 - 20% Off - Ends 4/26

PSVR Time Carnage - $15.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Deluxe Edition - $27.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Gold Edition - $32.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Standard Edition - $23.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Vostok Inc - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Zenith - $8.99 - 55% Off - Ends 4/25

PS3

Wicked Monsters Blast! HD - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

Vita PS TV Compatibility

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS1 Classics - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Minis - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Constructor

Crossout

Horizon Zero Dawn

Orcs Must Die! Unchained

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

Warframe

PS3 Add-ons

N/A

Vita Add-ons

N/A

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, how I love when beautiful 2D games are transformed into simple and ugly PS1-era polygonal 3D.
"EnixSquare-Raping your fond childhood memories". The assholes didn't even have the DECENCY to give us a legitimate release of the original Final Fantasy 3(when they did it for EVERY OTHER Final Fantasy), no they only gave us the butchered 3D version of it on the DS. In this case, thank God for emulators.

On another note, can I purchase a PS Now subscription with an amount gotten from PSN cards or do I have to use a credit card?

Alienation is a fantastic game, worth the full price imo. One of favorite twin-stick games ever, and the best game by Housemarque (and I love all their games).

The next game from the Yakuza studio is a Fist of the North Star game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBRkpUvWc2Y
Jeez that could be sweet as hell if they manage to make it more Yakuza and resist the urge to make it Dynasty Warriors or whatever. So sick of Dynasty Warriors copy/paste games. But a Fist of the North Star Yakuza copy/paste would be fricking awesome!

I had a Fist of the North Star game on Game Boy when I was a kid. That is pretty much my experience with the franchise, but I still think it would be awesome.

Jeez that could be sweet as hell if they manage to make it more Yakuza and resist the urge to make it Dynasty Warriors or whatever. So sick of Dynasty Warriors copy/paste games. But a Fist of the North Star Yakuza copy/paste would be fricking awesome!

I had a Fist of the North Star game on Game Boy when I was a kid. That is pretty much my experience with the franchise, but I still think it would be awesome.
Yes, please no more Ken's Rage. Those were awful. 🤢

The trailer very much shows that it's a Fist of the North Star game made in the style of what the recent Yakuza games have been this generation.

Looks like my ps4 left analog stick crapped out. The sprinting does not seem to work and just stops and starts randomly. Looks like there is a $40 controller on amazon right now so I will just order than and use this old controller for my unity games development.

I'm semi tempted to get Fallout 4, which is weird because for some reason I couldn't really get into Fallout 3. Though that could have been because I wasn't sure what I wanted my style to be, that and I expected it to just be Elder Scrolls with guns basically.

But, I'm not certain if it would be worth getting now or if I should just wait even more until the version with all DLC is out and lower priced for my cheapass needs. Or I may just have money burning a hole in my digital wallet.

I'm semi tempted to get Fallout 4, which is weird because for some reason I couldn't really get into Fallout 3. Though that could have been because I wasn't sure what I wanted my style to be, that and I expected it to just be Elder Scrolls with guns basically.

But, I'm not certain if it would be worth getting now or if I should just wait even more until the version with all DLC is out and lower priced for my cheapass needs. Or I may just have money burning a hole in my digital wallet.
I loved FO1 and FO2, played through and platted FO3(although it wasn't anywhere near as good as I had hoped), played through some of New Vegas, and couldn't get more than about a couple hours into FO4. I'd wait until the complete version is cheaper in your position.

Weird I bought a code and it immediately went to a screen saying they apologize that they're down for maintenance. So I checked my order history and it said pending. No emails or nothing. I check 5 minutes later and it's cancelled...still no email.

I really enjoyed LiS. keep in mind that the voice actress that everyone seemed to love is not a part of this game due to the strike. There is some controversy among LiS fans due to the studio moving on with the project in her absence.

i tend to wait on a sale for these types of games anyway so i will hear good or bad news about the sequel by the time i get around to deciding

I really enjoyed LiS. keep in mind that the voice actress that everyone seemed to love is not a part of this game due to the strike. There is some controversy among LiS fans due to the studio moving on with the project in her absence.

i tend to wait on a sale for these types of games anyway so i will hear good or bad news about the sequel by the time i get around to deciding
Ashley Burch definitely is a part of the game, as she worked on writing for Chloe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JT4vHBBJQo

Looks like my ps4 left analog stick crapped out. The sprinting does not seem to work and just stops and starts randomly. Looks like there is a $40 controller on amazon right now so I will just order than and use this old controller for my unity games development.
this has happened to me with two different controllers. only in certain games... feels like limping, almost.

Could someone maybe point me in the right direction here?

My TV has only 1 HDMI port, and I'd like to have my 360 hooked up too so that if I want to play something on there I don't have to constantly swap cables. I know there are splitters that can be used for this purpose, but I want to make sure I get a good one, while also not spending a bunch of money.

Would this be a decent one? Or is there a better one for roughly the same price?

https://www.amazon.com/Generic-HDMI-1-Out-Switch-Cable/dp/B0018DQYQ2/ref=pd_ybh_a_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=N711W163S09BB076J0P2 

Finally got past Gwendolyn's book in Odin Sphere (after 9 hours, took my sweet time understanding the mechanics). Just started Cornelius and I feel very clunky with him, but can imagine after spending so much time with Gwen. Freaking game is addictive and a lot of fun so no regrets buying it at all, and kinda glad I got it for the PS4, my poor vita can't stand me whenever I play Dragon's Crown :joystick:.

Finally got past Gwendolyn's book in Odin Sphere (after 9 hours, took my sweet time understanding the mechanics). Just started Cornelius and I feel very clunky with him, but can imagine after spending so much time with Gwen. Freaking game is addictive and a lot of fun so no regrets buying it at all, and kinda glad I got it for the PS4, my poor vita can't stand me whenever I play Dragon's Crown :joystick:.
It's a great game.. take your time and enjoy. Cornelius is annoying (not my favorite) but near the top in therms of power if you can control his erratic jumpiness to stay behind the enemy during combos while stacking shock skills. In my opinion the most fun to play are the first and last characters. And then there's #3.. which is something completely different, ha.

Could someone maybe point me in the right direction here?
I've used this one for years without issue (currently $9): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0015YWKYY/

It automatically switches to the newest signal, or you can use the included remote to swap inputs. Automatic switching has always been enough for me, so I don't even know where my remote went. I have PS4, PS3, and Wii U hooked up through it.

Hmm...Yooka-Laylee digital for $28 or physical for ~$21 from Amazon right now--decisions, decisions... :razz:
I have it in my wishlist but I can wait until it hits bargain bin pricing. Owned it and traded it. I know the newest update supposedly fixes a lot but I grew incredibly bored of it after a few hours. It's something I'd like to play again but not for anything over like $10 lol

Hmm...Yooka-Laylee digital for $28 or physical for ~$21 from Amazon right now--decisions, decisions... :razz:
Neither since it's been $20 before GCU a couple times now. For anyone wondering the big patch did make the game a lot more playable and there's some definite fun to be had that is straight out of the old platformers. It's still choppy and inconsistent and far too often fiddly and frustrating because of some core design stuff though. So best to wait for the inevitable $10-15 price point.

I feel the same, but then remind myself that Alienation has only been on sale once since it's release also for $12. If it has a similar trend, this may be the only sale we see on it for the foreseeable future.
Nex Machina is a masterpiece. It's worth every penny. Just buy it... these are the types of games we should support, save the skrimping for the vast number of mediocre games we play to fill in the time between the greats. imo, of course. But damn, Housemarque has earned my support.

Ugh please no

QrOuzpJ0jE2vZsPNeQFFfamK9gQCyn_Wyu6XktWRy4I.jpg

I've used this one for years without issue (currently $9): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0015YWKYY/

It automatically switches to the newest signal, or you can use the included remote to swap inputs. Automatic switching has always been enough for me, so I don't even know where my remote went. I have PS4, PS3, and Wii U hooked up through it.
I've been using that switch for a year or more too! Haven't had any issues except for where I put it in my cabinet it sometimes comes unplugged and then the automatic switching goes haywire.

Is there any degradation of quality or other issues using a switcher? I knew about switchers but never thought there might be auto-switchers. I currently only have a PS4 and AppleTV [bleh] hooked up to the tv, but... this sounds great.

EDIT:

Are there any issues with it? Like, what happens if you leave your PS4 running [so there is output], then use the remote on the Apple TV to start a movie. If a game is 'running', or the background of the PS4 is dynamic, does it cause issues? Would I need to fully 'rest' my PS4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back