PSN Weekly Deals - 4/10: Rockstar Sale! $20 Owlboy, $14 Aegis Defenders, $10 Thimbleweed Park, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Index

Current Deals - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 8 AM PT/11 AM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
Ending Soon
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

April’s PS+ Games - Ends 5/1/18

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: 99Vidas

:ps4:  :ps3: In Space we Brawl

:ps4: Mad Max

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted

:ps3: Toy Home

PSVR  :ps4: TrackMania Turbo

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT

:ps4: Dragon's Crown Pro - $44.99 - 10% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

:ps4: Guns of Icarus Alliance: PS4 Edition - $11.24 - 25% Off - Pre-order ends 5/1

:ps4: The Swords of Ditto - $17.99 - 10% Off - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31/18

:ps4: To Leave - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 4/24

:ps4: Trailblazers - $23.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 5/8

:ps4: We Happy Few - $50.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31
:ps4: We Happy Few Digital Deluxe - $67.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Blue-Collar Astronaut - $4.99 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 5/29

:ps4:  :vita:  Rogue Aces - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove - $19.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/18

PS4 - [customspoiler="PSVR Note"]PSVR :ps4: means the game is playable with or without PSVR.[/customspoiler]

Aegis Defenders - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 4/24 N

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Anima: Game of Memories - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/25

Anoxemia - $4.79 - 40% Off - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Castles - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Crazy Strike Bowling EX - $6.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Demon's Crystals - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/24

Ginger: Beyond the Crystal - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Heart & Slash - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Injustice 2 - $23.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Injustice 2 Legendary Edition - $47.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Nightmare Boy - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Streets of Red: Devil's Dare Deluxe - $7.19 - 20% Off - Ends 4/26

PSVR Time Carnage - $15.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Deluxe Edition - $27.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Gold Edition - $32.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Standard Edition - $23.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Vostok Inc - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Zenith - $8.99 - 55% Off - Ends 4/25

PS3

Wicked Monsters Blast! HD - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

Vita PS TV Compatibility

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS1 Classics - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Minis - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Constructor

Crossout

Horizon Zero Dawn

Orcs Must Die! Unchained

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

Warframe

PS3 Add-ons

N/A

Vita Add-ons

N/A

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
https://twitter.com/playstation/status/905777976989638656

Pretty crazy the first Rockstar remaster is LA Noire.
Well dammit, I'm buying that again. The DLC for it was short but sweet as well so it's great to see it included. I miss working for Howard Hughes.

Meh. More of a port. But sure.
This sounds like equal effort imo. I wouldn't expect a major upgrade though I don't remember GTA 5 getting native 4K for Pro so that's a nice extra.

Hey guys new ps4 owner here i bought the Destiny 2 pro bundle and my question is do I need psn+ to play Destiny 2?I have zero ps4 games and need/want something to play.

Hey guys new ps4 owner here i bought the Destiny 2 pro bundle and my question is do I need psn+ to play Destiny 2?I have zero ps4 games and need/want something to play.
Yes. You basically need ps plus for all games with online play. I think you should be able to play through the campaign though? Anyone try that?

https://twitter.com/playstation/status/905777976989638656
Pretty crazy the first Rockstar remaster is LA Noire.
Soooooooo happy this is getting a remaster. Absolutely love this game and it will greatly benefit from current gen hardware. Didn't run amazingly well on last gen, but looked great on PC. Hopefully its closer to resembling that now.

You can play through the story without PS+ but you definitely need it for PvP. Not sure if it's needed for co-op Strikes or Raids as I haven't unlocked any of those yet.

Any thoughts on pac man champ ed 2 for ps4? Loved dx on ps3 last gen but gaming sites haven't given this much coverage
It is not as good. It just doesn't feel as good, I don't like how to eat the ghost train you basically have to eat the first ghost instead of just eating whatever you can. Sure it lets them do some fancy chain eating effects, but it didn't feel good. The other modes also were not as interesting.

It is not as good. It just doesn't feel as good, I don't like how to eat the ghost train you basically have to eat the first ghost instead of just eating whatever you can. Sure it lets them do some fancy chain eating effects, but it didn't feel good. The other modes also were not as interesting.
thanks. I'll probably just buy the dlc for dx on ps3 instead.

defpally, on 07 Sept 2017 - 2:23 PM, said:

Dang. I was going to purchase it sometimes this weekend since DX was a blast to play. Probably will hold off till it's $3.

I have been getting tons of messages from random people on psn. It is always something short and vague like hi or are you free or something like that. Is this happening to anyone else?

I have been getting tons of messages from random people on psn. It is always something short and vague like hi or are you free or something like that. Is this happening to anyone else?
Yep, I've been getting the occasional spam message for at least a few months now. As long as you don't respond or add them as friends, you should hopefully be safe.

LA Noire is a game I never thought we would hear or see again. I would have bet half life 3 shadow dropping over that game.

Not that it was terrible, but rockstar seemed to bury it by shuttering the studio etc

Echoing everyone else, I also have received probably 5 or so in the past month. Always report and block.

RE: Pacman totally agree. A disappointing purchase given how good DX was.

LA Noire is a game I never thought we would hear or see again. I would have bet half life 3 shadow dropping over that game.
Not that it was terrible, but rockstar seemed to bury it by shuttering the studio etc
I'm still pretty sure they're mainly doing to see if there is any interest in The Whore of the Orient to go back in to development. And also, obviously, to make money.

I don't own it yet, but I sent a request in to the Destiny 2 Clan. psn is Taylort210.

I'll plan to pick it up before the end of the week, I think.

I have mixed feelings on LA Noire.  As a big fan of noire in general, and GTA-style open-world games, I was excited for this game since it was announced and played the PS3 version soon after it came out. I felt like the narrative was great, the open-world gameplay was fun, and it exposed me to a lot of good songs and old-time radio shows I may never have heard of otherwise...however, I was not a fan of the whole facial animation thing.  The technology was definitely cutting edge, but it just looked weird that the heads and faces moved so naturally, yet the necks and bodies were stiff as a board. And the gameplay that involved reading the characters facial expressions and trying to guess what they were feeling was just lost on me, I felt like I had to play with a Walkthrough most of the game just get through the questioning segments correctly.

Are you part of alot of communities? I was also getting those spam messages from random accounts until I left all COD communities I had joined in order to find players to help with easter eggs.

Best thing to do is go into settings and set it where only friends can message you. As somebody who plays sports games the spam I got from gambling websites (3 daily messages from players lounge bots,) bots trying to impersonate EA employees to hack my account and the new cam girl bots that begin all messages with basically hey sweetie or something fake that like that not worth the hassle. Block and report once a day fine, block and report 5-6 times a day not worth it.

I have mixed feelings on LA Noire. As a big fan of noire in general, and GTA-style open-world games, I was excited for this game since it was announced and played the PS3 version soon after it came out. I felt like the narrative was great, the open-world gameplay was fun, and it exposed me to a lot of good songs and old-time radio shows I may never have heard of otherwise...however, I was not a fan of the whole facial animation thing. The technology was definitely cutting edge, but it just looked weird that the heads and faces moved so naturally, yet the necks and bodies were stiff as a board. And the gameplay that involved reading the characters facial expressions and trying to guess what they were feeling was just lost on me, I felt like I had to play with a Walkthrough most of the game just get through the questioning segments correctly.
I think I mostly agree. The concept was great but did brush up against the 'uncanny valley' often. Also, yeah, some of the responses to the questioning didn't match up to what the little blub that you chose implied. I don't remember the exact wording, but I remember one time I was "doubting" the person's statement, trying to tease out more info and my detective flew off the handle in a way I was completely unprepared for.

The music was great though. Years later and my wife recently asked me "what ever happened to that game with the good music?"

Me: "What Rock Band?"

Her: "No the detective one."

Me: "Oh, LA Noire?"
Her: "Yeah. I used to like listening to you play it as I fell asleep. They should make another one."

Best thing to do is go into settings and set it where only friends can message you. As somebody who plays sports games the spam I got from gambling websites (3 daily messages from players lounge bots,) bots trying to impersonate EA employees to hack my account and the new cam girl bots that begin all messages with basically hey sweetie or something fake that like that not worth the hassle. Block and report once a day fine, block and report 5-6 times a day not worth it.
Exactly what I did months ago.

I've been getting spammed by the cam girl bots too, started fairly recently. Doesn't bug me much really, actually had a good laugh a few days ago where something clearly went wrong with whoever is doing it because I got 3 messages from 3 different girls at the exact same second.

Well, if Sony let’s those of us who snagged Knack 2 for free keep it then I’ll consider it payoff for sitting through a bit of Hatoful Boyfriend. Wow, I know the game has some fans but it’s definitely not for me. Guess I kind of thought it would be funny but takes itself too seriously for me. Not the bird dating sim fan.
I enjoyed it quite a bit, some of the beau choices are quite serious, while others are a bit sillier. What you learn from playing each storyline is all in service to final, longer tale.

Some new deals:

:ps4: Pinball Arcade - The Addams Family Pinball Table - $4.49 - 10% Off - $3.99 - 20% Off - Ends 9/29

:ps3: :vita: Pinball Arcade - The Addams Family Pinball Table - $4.49 - 10% Off - $3.99 - 20% Off - Ends 9/29

:ps4: Pinball Arcade - The Addams Family Pro Table Pack - $7.19 - 10% Off - $6.39 - 20% Off - Ends 9/29

:ps3: :vita: Pinball Arcade - The Addams Family Pro Table Pack - $7.19 - 10% Off - $6.39 - 20% Off - Ends 9/29

:ps4: Pinball Arcade - The Addams Family Pro Upgrade - $3.59 - 10% Off - $3.19 - 20% Off - Ends 9/29

:ps3: :vita: Pinball Arcade - The Addams Family Pro Upgrade - $3.59 - 10% Off - $3.19 - 20% Off - Ends 9/29

Freebies:

Domovoy Avatar - Free

:ps4: NBA 2K18: The Prelude - Free

:ps4: Sharefactory - Destiny 2 Theme - Free

New Releases:

:ps4: Arcade Archives NeoGeo Blue's Journey - $7.99

:ps4: Arcade Archives The Ninja Warriors - $7.99

:ps4: :ps3: Cute Bundle - $14.99

:vita: Drive Girls - $29.99

:ps4: :ps3: Grip Anthology - $26.99

:ps4: Senko no Ronde 2 - $39.99

I just beat Persona 5 this week (My personal GOTY) and I now need recommendations on what I should play for the next couple of weeks until Shadow of War releases. Ive narrowed it down to 3 games..... Sleeping Dogs (Beat it on ps3 around launch but never played the dlc), Just Cause 3 (Never played a JC game before) and lastly Infamous: Second Son. I also have Horizon but there's no way I would be able to beat it in a month's time. Help me out my fellow CAG brethren.

Dang. I was going to purchase it sometimes this weekend since DX was a blast to play. Probably will hold off till it's $3.
Yeah, and this opinion comes from someone that still plays DX regularly, I love that game. I can play it over and over again. DX 2 I was looking forward to and bought on the first day, and was highly disappointed. I have it on XB1, but I assume the PS4 version is the same but I'm not about to buy it twice to find out. I usually just end up playing DX using BC instead of the new fangled DX 2 because it is so much better.

I just beat Persona 5 this week (My personal GOTY) and I now need recommendations on what I should play for the next couple of weeks until Shadow of War releases. Ive narrowed it down to 3 games..... Sleeping Dogs (Beat it on ps3 around launch but never played the dlc), Just Cause 3 (Never played a JC game before) and lastly Infamous: Second Son. I also have Horizon but there's no way I would be able to beat it in a month's time. Help me out my fellow CAG brethren.
Horizon is better than those three games. But if you don't want that option, I would suggest:

- Infamous (I think you could knock that out relatively quickly)

- then Sleeping Dogs (really good, but if you've already played it....)

- then Just Cause 3 (which I was greatly disappointed in and I don't know if they've fixed the problems with it).

Horizon is worth the playthrough. You might find yourself enjoying it so much that you push other games out to finish it.

Also, the main storyline isn't that long. If you focus on just that then it will cut down on the play time quite a bit.

Horizon is better than those three games. But if you don't want that option, I would suggest:

- then Just Cause 3 (which I was greatly disappointed in and I don't know if they've fixed the problems with it).
I second this. Horizon is excellent, but of the three you listed I found Second Son the most enjoyable. And this is coming from someone that didn't care for Infamous or Infamous 2.

I agree I would play Horizon Zero Dawn. I have played and beaten all 4 games.

According to howlongtobeat.com (and roughly matches my memory)

Infamous Second Son is the shortest at 10 hours. (I was a bit disappointed with this compared other Infamous games)

Sleeping Dogs is 15.5 hours (great game)

Just Cause 3 is 17 hours (still long load times and laggy at times). Finished it and returned it to GS. Debated picking up the DLC for $10. Figured I would never play it though with the slow load times and crappy performance. Maybe when I get a Pro?

Horizon Zero Dawn 22 hours.

Call in sick one day to get the 6.5 hour you need to finish Zero Dawn IMO. I didn't love it as much as others but though it was very well done and better then JC3 and Infamous SS.

Nice,let me ask you did you get the platinum? How many hours did it take? I'm looking to buy my first ps4 rpg and I'm eyeing persona 5 and or tales of berseria.

Infamous Second Son is the one I'd recommend. Should be able to complete it within your timeline.

Nice,let me ask you did you get the platinum? How many hours did it take? I'm looking to buy my first ps4 rpg and I'm eyeing persona 5 and or tales of berseria.
I have not beaten P5 but a few friends have and they all spent 80+ hours. Tales of Berseria is another good RPG that I would recommend at some point. Surprising because Zestiria was a letdown.

I've plat'd all 3... my thoughts:

Horizon -- GOTY contender. It's a masterpiece, with an absolutely spectacular world and backstory. If you like sci-fi, this game is just top of the line.

Infamous -- it's a great Infamous game, though feels more bare bones than the others, probably because they had to spend more time getting it to be launch ready for ps4. Still, it's great, and so is the expansion.

JC3 -- way more fun than some people say. you're OP early on, just destroying everything with infinite helicopter missiles and grappling/wingsuiting around. it's fun, fun, fun. But janky too!

I'd play them in the above order, personally.

As for Sleepy Dogs, I plat'd it on PS3 and rebought on ps4... looking forward to it, someday.

I got about 70% of the trophies on my first playthrough. You'll need 2 playthroughs for the Platinum, but it seems fairly doable aside from trying to summon the most powerful persona and defeating the twins. I finished at 124 hours played (I only put that much time into Pokemon games) and I loved every single second. I had never played a prior game in the series, but that didnt matter since as far as I know this one doesn't tie in with previous entries. The only, and I mean only gripe I had with the game was the last palace. It was the only part of the game that was tedious (Mementos is also but not as much as the last palace.) Never had i played a game where every piece of music was stuck in my head for weeks on end. As you can see I really really liked this game and highly reccomend it. At $60 your still getting a steal, but if you can wait im sure it'll go on sale again at Best Buy if not PSN.

Also thanks to everyone for the recommendations. As much I want to start Horizon(and see if it can top Persona for my GOTY) I can't. Like I said there's no way I can do side missions, explore, gather, and finish the main campaign by October 10th. I want to give the game the proper time it deserves, so im going with Infamous. Yet again thank you guys

I think I mostly agree. The concept was great but did brush up against the 'uncanny valley' often. Also, yeah, some of the responses to the questioning didn't match up to what the little blub that you chose implied. I don't remember the exact wording, but I remember one time I was "doubting" the person's statement, trying to tease out more info and my detective flew off the handle in a way I was completely unprepared for.

The music was great though. Years later and my wife recently asked me "what ever happened to that game with the good music?"

Me: "What Rock Band?"

Her: "No the detective one."

Me: "Oh, LA Noire?"
Her: "Yeah. I used to like listening to you play it as I fell asleep. They should make another one."
Just found this out yesterday: The original idea was for the three options to be "coax, force, lie" instead of "truth, doubt, lie". When they decided to change things, they didn't go back and re-record the dialogue so you're seeing the original force dialogue option when you choose doubt. Finally explains why he always seemed to go ballistic on people just because they couldn't remember what time they got home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back