PSN Weekly Deals - 4/10: Rockstar Sale! $20 Owlboy, $14 Aegis Defenders, $10 Thimbleweed Park, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Index

Current Deals - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 8 AM PT/11 AM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
Ending Soon
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

April’s PS+ Games - Ends 5/1/18

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: 99Vidas

:ps4:  :ps3: In Space we Brawl

:ps4: Mad Max

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted

:ps3: Toy Home

PSVR  :ps4: TrackMania Turbo

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT

:ps4: Dragon's Crown Pro - $44.99 - 10% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

:ps4: Guns of Icarus Alliance: PS4 Edition - $11.24 - 25% Off - Pre-order ends 5/1

:ps4: The Swords of Ditto - $17.99 - 10% Off - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31/18

:ps4: To Leave - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 4/24

:ps4: Trailblazers - $23.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 5/8

:ps4: We Happy Few - $50.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31
:ps4: We Happy Few Digital Deluxe - $67.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Blue-Collar Astronaut - $4.99 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 5/29

:ps4:  :vita:  Rogue Aces - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove - $19.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/18

PS4 - [customspoiler="PSVR Note"]PSVR :ps4: means the game is playable with or without PSVR.[/customspoiler]

Aegis Defenders - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 4/24 N

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Anima: Game of Memories - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/25

Anoxemia - $4.79 - 40% Off - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Castles - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Crazy Strike Bowling EX - $6.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Demon's Crystals - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/24

Ginger: Beyond the Crystal - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Heart & Slash - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Injustice 2 - $23.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Injustice 2 Legendary Edition - $47.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Nightmare Boy - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Streets of Red: Devil's Dare Deluxe - $7.19 - 20% Off - Ends 4/26

PSVR Time Carnage - $15.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Deluxe Edition - $27.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Gold Edition - $32.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Standard Edition - $23.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Vostok Inc - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Zenith - $8.99 - 55% Off - Ends 4/25

PS3

Wicked Monsters Blast! HD - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

Vita PS TV Compatibility

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS1 Classics - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Minis - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Constructor

Crossout

Horizon Zero Dawn

Orcs Must Die! Unchained

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

Warframe

PS3 Add-ons

N/A

Vita Add-ons

N/A

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Some new deals:

:ps3: Armageddon Riders - $2.49 - 75% Off - Ends 11/1

:ps4: BlazeRush - $2.49 - 75% Off - Ends 11/1

:ps3: BlazeRush - $2.49 - 75% Off - Ends 11/1

:ps3: Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories - $4.99 - 50% Off - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 10/31

:ps4: Dungeon Defenders II - Bundle of the Beast - $19.49 - 35% Off - Ends 11/1

:ps3: Planets Under Attack - $1.99 - 75% Off - Ends 11/1

:ps4: Trove - Gourdzilla Pack - $11.99 - 20% Off - $10.49 - 30% Off - Ends 10/31

Freebie:

:ps4: Infinite Minigolf - Hangar 37 - Free

New Releases:

:ps4: Assassin's Creed Origins - $59.99

:ps4: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus - $59.99

Anybody have an opinion on whether the Alien Isolation collection is worth the $12 compared to the base game for $6?
Highly recommend the collection. I loved the DLC missions even more than the base game (which, in itself, was great). The DLC depicts scenes from the original movie, and it's a blast.

I can't decide whether to get Castlevania: Lament of Innocence or not. The graphics would be incredibly dated by now, but I always loved the series' setting and atmosphere. Is the story worth experiencing? The gameplay seems just solid enough and par for the course. I feel like PS2-era games are harder to get into compared to 16-bit or even 8-bit games since those were early 3D games while 16-bit is already pretty mature for a 2D game.
I would say that the story is worth experiencing if you're a fan of the series. It is the origin story for the series in IGA's canon.

I grabbed a copy myself even though I own it on disc for PS2. I tried it out and I thought that the graphics held up surprisingly well for an emulated PS2 game. I also feel that is was a very fun and competent 3D action game for its day and was somewhat underrated. I'm not sure if I'll ever actually play through the game again but it's nice to know that it's there on my PS3, upscaled to HD resolution just in case.

How is the Alien game's story?   I bought the game when it came out, and basically got to the first alien section and was a bit displeased with the 'hide in the closet' mechanic because i'd recently played Outlast.  So... on one hand, i'm not sure i want to revisit the game, but on the other hand, i've watched all the alien movies like a dozen times each.

Geeeeeez... new PS4 owner, and just finished the prologue for The Last of Us.  If this keeps up, what a game!  PS always has those exclusives that tug at heart strings.  Heavy Rain was probably my favorite on PS3

I was way behind on the last of us

so behind that the first time I played it was the remastered on the ps4

one of my favorite gaming expiriences of all time

Geeeeeez... new PS4 owner, and just finished the prologue for The Last of Us. If this keeps up, what a game! PS always has those exclusives that tug at heart strings. Heavy Rain was probably my favorite on PS3
I have only made it to maybe the halfway point during my two attempts at playing TLOU before losing interest but the prologue was far, far more interesting than anything else I did play. This is one of those games I just don't really "get" despite nearly everyone else loving it.

I didn't really love The Last of Us until a few hours in. Really picks up once you're on the road and get to Chicago, I think. And the multiplayer is incredible once you put some time into it and figure it all out. Deserves all the praise it gets IMO.

Geeeeeez... new PS4 owner, and just finished the prologue for The Last of Us. If this keeps up, what a game! PS always has those exclusives that tug at heart strings. Heavy Rain was probably my favorite on PS3
The game takes you on a roller coaster ride but never drops and just keeps you going up and up and up and up and up.Last of us is a damn good game and I want to add after you're done with that and if you're a fan of far cry games check out horizon zero dawn you will not be disappointed.

The game takes you on a roller coaster ride but never drops and just keeps you going up and up and up and up and up.Last of us is a damn good game and I want to add after you're done with that and if you're a fan of far cry games check out horizon zero dawn you will not be disappointed.
Roller coaster?

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Maybe you meant "escalator"?

I Don't like any of the Team Ico games or ThatGameCompany games. Yeah, I'm a monster.
Shadow of the Colossus is amazing, but yeah TGC stuff is just not for me at all. Snoozefest.

Seeing it was you, I was going to write don't be contrary.

But you did write "not that big of a fan" as opposed to "not a fan".

I can respect that.
Yeah I get why its popular and I was engrossed in the story. But I'm not a stealth gaming fan at all so a lot of the gameplay was really meh to me.

And for whatever reason I really enjoyed the DLC.

What are peoples on here view of thumper? Wasnt really into the demo, musics cool and visuals are neat but with only a few buttons I have never really been into this kind of misic game. Maimly the high scores keep making me second guess since its on sale.

What are peoples on here view of thumper? Wasnt really into the demo, musics cool and visuals are neat but with only a few buttons I have never really been into this kind of misic game. Maimly the high scores keep making me second guess since its on sale.
I looooved Thumper but more for the aesthetic than anything else. It gets more mechanically complex as it progresses but not radically so.

If you liked Heavy Rain, definitely grab Until Dawn, which is a horror game inspired by the Heavy Rain-style of adventure game.

Until Dawn is cool indeed. Main thing I like about it is the simple fact your choices through the story actually matter. Too many games focused on player choice feel like a total farce since you always end up with more or less the same outcome by the end of the game or even worse you are making decisions but then bad things happen anyway because reasons. I just really appreciated Until Dawn actually having what you'd call a perfect run and a complete disaster of a run. 

If you liked Heavy Rain, definitely grab Until Dawn, which is a horror game inspired by the Heavy Rain-style of adventure game.
Heavy Rain is like an indie noir while Until Dawn is a B-lasher movie. Similar gameplay and both fun. Just different levels in terms of scripting and style IMO.

Not a knock on Until Dawn. Just setting expectations. I loved both.

I was really impressed with Until Dawn as well. Really cool PS+ pick, don't think I would have ever picked it up if it didn't go on PS+, and it didn't get stuck in my backlog either because playing through it didn't feel like a huge time investment. Playing Until Dawn felt like binge watching a new Netflix show. Lots of fun, similar to a telltale experience but in my opinion much better. And really cool use of the sixaxis.

Indigo Prophecy was one of my favorite titles of its generation though, so I should have known it would float my boat.

I Don't like any of the Team Ico games or ThatGameCompany games. Yeah, I'm a monster.
Wait, we're all supposed to be huge fans of ThatGameCompany games? I mean, I love them for what they are, but they're not exactly flagship masterpieces like Shadow of the Colossus or anything. I'm not sure I've ever even finished Journey (somehow always end up playing it really late at night and then it lullabys me to sleep).

Wait, we're all supposed to be huge fans of ThatGameCompany games? I mean, I love them for what they are, but they're not exactly flagship masterpieces like Shadow of the Colossus or anything. I'm not sure I've ever even finished Journey (somehow always end up playing it really late at night and then it lullabys me to sleep).
I love ThatGameCompany (Flower is in my top twenty games of all time) but yeah they are most definitely not for your average gamer.

If you didn't get into it from the demo you probably won't get into the full game

This might have been mentioned before. I know there's a section on the first page for games that were ps plus that you could grab after it expires but I may have a few more to add. My plus ended a few weeks ago, it was a month long sub after not having it for like a year. So just for the hell of it tonight I went through to see if any of those games were free now and the following were for me:

Nova-111 (ps4)

Doki-Doki Universe (ps Vita)

Sportsfriends (ps4)

WE ARE DOOMED (ps4)

all of these are cross buy as usual. So all of them were PSV/PS3/PS4 with the exception of Sportsfriends which is PS3/PS4.

Played the first part of Hidden Agenda and it's pretty good so far. I'm just playing solo since that's how I played Until Dawn, which requires the free HA Playlink app on your phone to play it. The app lets you control the on-screen cursor to choose dialog options or find hidden evidence from crime scenes with it along with tracking story info for each of the characters or story beats if you need to see that. There are no direct control elements like in Until Dawn, so it's mainly just story and dialog choices in HA with only one action moment so far that could be this game's version of a QTE. If you're playing with friends, there's a competitive mode that adds some competitive elements to the game that lets you take control on certain decisions or have hidden ulterior motives for how you want things to play out for some added replay value that seems like a neat party game mode.

As someone who platinumed TLoU, my opinion is that it's one of the best games ever made and only stumbles during the Pittsburgh area that goes on a bit too long. Otherwise, it's pretty much perfect.

As someone who platinumed TLoU, my opinion is that it's one of the best games ever made and only stumbles during the Pittsburgh area that goes on a bit too long. Otherwise, it's pretty much perfect.
My main complaint is that the ending doesn't fit with the rest of the game. 90% of the game is great though

Played the first part of Hidden Agenda and it's pretty good so far. I'm just playing solo since that's how I played Until Dawn, which requires the free HA Playlink app on your phone to play it. The app lets you control the on-screen cursor to choose dialog options or find hidden evidence from crime scenes with it along with tracking story info for each of the characters or story beats if you need to see that. There are no direct control elements like in Until Dawn, so it's mainly just story and dialog choices in HA with only one action moment so far that could be this game's version of a QTE. If you're playing with friends, there's a competitive mode that adds some competitive elements to the game that lets you take control on certain decisions or have hidden ulterior motives for how you want things to play out for some added replay value that seems like a neat party game mode.
Interested in hearing your thoughts when you finish it with playing it solo.

If anyone is even thinking about Swords Coast Legends because it looks like Dragon Age: Origins (the first one): STAY AWAY FROM THIS GARBAGE GAME. 

I tried it. Awful. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back