PSN Weekly Deals - 4/10: Rockstar Sale! $20 Owlboy, $14 Aegis Defenders, $10 Thimbleweed Park, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Index

Current Deals - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 8 AM PT/11 AM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
Ending Soon
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

April’s PS+ Games - Ends 5/1/18

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: 99Vidas

:ps4:  :ps3: In Space we Brawl

:ps4: Mad Max

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted

:ps3: Toy Home

PSVR  :ps4: TrackMania Turbo

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT

:ps4: Dragon's Crown Pro - $44.99 - 10% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

:ps4: Guns of Icarus Alliance: PS4 Edition - $11.24 - 25% Off - Pre-order ends 5/1

:ps4: The Swords of Ditto - $17.99 - 10% Off - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31/18

:ps4: To Leave - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 4/24

:ps4: Trailblazers - $23.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 5/8

:ps4: We Happy Few - $50.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31
:ps4: We Happy Few Digital Deluxe - $67.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Blue-Collar Astronaut - $4.99 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 5/29

:ps4:  :vita:  Rogue Aces - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove - $19.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/18

PS4 - [customspoiler="PSVR Note"]PSVR :ps4: means the game is playable with or without PSVR.[/customspoiler]

Aegis Defenders - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 4/24 N

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Anima: Game of Memories - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/25

Anoxemia - $4.79 - 40% Off - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Castles - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Crazy Strike Bowling EX - $6.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Demon's Crystals - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/24

Ginger: Beyond the Crystal - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Heart & Slash - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Injustice 2 - $23.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Injustice 2 Legendary Edition - $47.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Nightmare Boy - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Streets of Red: Devil's Dare Deluxe - $7.19 - 20% Off - Ends 4/26

PSVR Time Carnage - $15.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Deluxe Edition - $27.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Gold Edition - $32.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Standard Edition - $23.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Vostok Inc - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Zenith - $8.99 - 55% Off - Ends 4/25

PS3

Wicked Monsters Blast! HD - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

Vita PS TV Compatibility

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS1 Classics - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Minis - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Constructor

Crossout

Horizon Zero Dawn

Orcs Must Die! Unchained

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

Warframe

PS3 Add-ons

N/A

Vita Add-ons

N/A

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Even without kids RPGs are tough for me to handle these days. They just require a mass investment and a lot of the time my time or interest in them just isn't there. We have amazing ones like Persona 5 and many not bad or decent ones and a bunch that are just me toos. I generally prefer games that don't waste your time now.
No kids here either and I agree. Honestly, I would be in a rubber room if I had to deal with one kid and a wife much less multiple kids like some of the people here. I feel like I don't get enough free time just with work and I usually don't even put in 40 hours a week!

Anyway, Persona 5 is probably the best example of a game I think I would have liked more had it been 40-50 hours shorter. I was really enjoying it until I passed the 50 hour mark when my enthusiasm started to wane. By the time I hit 100 hours and still wasn't finished I was really ready for the game to just be over.

In regards to the new Playstation app, is there no longer a way to sort trophies by rarity? That's my preferred way and I can't find the option for it anymore.

Even without kids RPGs are tough for me to handle these days. They just require a mass investment and a lot of the time my time or interest in them just isn't there. We have amazing ones like Persona 5 and many not bad or decent ones and a bunch that are just me toos. I generally prefer games that don't waste your time now. That usually just means VNs since I read very fast and have a good time enjoying the characters and stories.
So true. Many of them take between 40-60 hours. Some being worse like rogue galaxy, persona 3+ (if you are going for social links and such) that hit 80+. Many people said 100 hours for p5 >.> close to 70 for cold steel 1 and 2 ect.

No kids here either and I agree. Honestly, I would be in a rubber room if I had to deal with one kid and a wife much less multiple kids like some of the people here. I feel like I don't get enough free time just with work and I usually don't even put in 40 hours a week!

Anyway, Persona 5 is probably the best example of a game I think I would have liked more had it been 40-50 hours shorter. I was really enjoying it until I passed the 50 hour mark when my enthusiasm started to wane. By the time I hit 100 hours and still wasn't finished I was really ready for the game to just be over.

In regards to the new Playstation app, is there no longer a way to sort trophies by rarity? That's my preferred way and I can't find the option for it anymore.
Granted you can cut that time down considerably if you do a bare minimum of side content. Finish dungeons between 2-4 trips minimal social links and grinding ect.

I wanted to finish a game a month and I'll be lucky if I get to 10 before the end of the year.

Thanks man! Yea I definitely agree it is, before I got my og one I was completely fine with my ps4 then I got the one and have just been having more fun with it but there are a handful of ps4 titles I would miss and it does seem like a waste with all the money I've spent on ps4 and games that I feel bad letting it just sit for months at a time but maybe it is better to just keep it. Very tough call
Agree that you should keep it. So many insane PS only games coming out & it's better sitting there for months at a time than seeing some exclusive that makes you sell you 1X,& rebuy the PS for much more than you got for it. I don't have 4k tv, so the original PS4 & X1 are still great for me. If you do, I'm not sure the difference it makes to have 4k support (70" 4k tv matters much more than a 32"), but I just don't think you should sell the system. Sell the games if anything & keep ones like persona 5if you haven't beaten. I use my X1 for multiplayer & multiplatform games, & PS4 for single player games & exclusives. Works well. Congrats on the new addition to the family!

Looked at my Sony Rewards to see if the trophies I am getting are being recorded after I opted in.  So far, NOTHING!!

Cursed Castilla EX is out on Vita. Anyone know if it's crossbuy with the PS4 version? There's no mention of crossbuy on the store page so I'm assuming the answer is no.

Some new deals:

:ps4: For Honor - $23.99 - 60% Off - Ends 11/14

:ps4: For Honor Deluxe Edition - $27.99 - 60% Off - Ends 11/14

:ps4: For Honor Gold Edition - $39.99 - 60% Off - Ends 11/14

:ps4: The Walking Dead Collection - $42.49 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/5

Freebies:

:ps4: For Honor Free Weekend Trial - Free

:ps4: Little Nightmares Demo

:ps4: Syberia 3 - An Automaton with a Plan - Free

:ps4: World of Tanks - Starter Kit: Kraken Edition - Free

New Releases:

:ps4: Ace of Seafood - $11.99

:ps4: Arcade Archives NeoGeo Street Hoop - $7.99

:ps4: Arcade Archives Elevator Action - $7.99

:vita: Cursed Castilla - $11.99

:ps4: Dead by Daylight - A Nightmare on Elm Street Chapter - $7.99

What's our over-under on the potential for a flash sale this weekend? I got that 20% coupon in the email, but there's about nothing I really want either from last week or this week, so it's still sitting. 

What's our over-under on the potential for a flash sale this weekend? I got that 20% coupon in the email, but there's about nothing I really want either from last week or this week, so it's still sitting.
Don't hold your breath. Flash sale is pretty much guaranteed to be Thanksgiving weekend.

If you got that 20% discount from the email a week ago or whenever it was, be mindful that there is an expiration date. Mine had an expiration date of 11/13.

None on flash sale, but there's always the chance that they'll have a "spotlight" sale, which is basically a flash sale on only one title.

Sony just extended by ps plus subscription because of natural disaster relief by 30 days.

I was affected by hurricane irma, so not sure if everybody got it. But still pretty cool!!

So long story short I have both an og xbox one and an og ps4 my wife and I just had our 2nd child and gaming time is at a premium anymore. Highly considering selling my ps4 and everything I have for it towards an an xbox one x and just focusing on the xbox since my ps4 will sit for month at a time. Was just wondering what you guys think would be a fair price for my ps4 and everything I have.
I’m in a similar situation where I gave my bro my PS4. But I’m still buying cheap digital games via PSN app since I still have funds in my account. I’m eyeing a PS4 CoD WWII limited edition because it’s on sale this weekend for $229 at the Navy Exchange. But I have so many games on my original Xbox One that I still haven’t played so I’m not even sure if I should get it. I did the same thing last gen where my PS3 and Wii got neglected. I would get a PS4 Pro too but there’s no sale on it at the $250 range I want it to be.

So I kinda want a cheap PS4 on hand because there are some games I’m interested in playing but at the same time I already have a huge backlog for my Xbox One due to gamesharing and a year of Game Pass. So I may just get a Xbox One X instead because I also collect movies and Xbox is the only one with a 4K drive which is better than streaming 4K which would kill our data. I wish the PS4 supported PS3 BC because I have a few unopened PS3 games I want to finally play lol. So yes I want a PS4 but with kids around & a huge backlog on the Xbox One, I’m leaning towards just updating this Day One edition Xbox One I win from that 7/11 contest lol. And since I gifted my PS4 to my bro which he uses more, it’s not an option to get it back.

He said the game For Honor is his game of the year. I made a joke questioning whether we live on the same planet.

You seem to grasp the concept that it is my game of the year yet insist on implying that an opinion is wrong.

Nier and Shadow of War were fantastic. I spent close to 300 hours in Breath of the Wild when it released and haven't even touched the trial yet, but I've easily spent much more than that in For Honor. The combat is unique and rewarding. Its fun mastering all of the classes, and with active friends its the best competitive multiplayer experience I've had. There hasn't been a week I haven't played it since its release in February.

Horizon did nothing for me. I couldn't even finish it. It just wasn't fun or interesting to me which I assure you I take no pleasure in saying. I was surprised and disappointed because I'm generally a sucker for SciFi.

You seem to grasp the concept that it is my game of the year yet insist on implying that an opinion is wrong.

Nier and Shadow of War were fantastic. I spent close to 300 hours in Breath of the Wild when it released and haven't even touched the trial yet, but I've easily spent much more than that in For Honor. The combat is unique and rewarding. Its fun mastering all of the classes, and with active friends its the best competitive multiplayer experience I've had. There hasn't been a week I haven't played it since its release in February.

Horizon did nothing for me. I couldn't even finish it. It just wasn't fun or interesting to me which I assure you I take no pleasure in saying. I was surprised and disappointed because I'm generally a sucker for SciFi.
I read the first few sentences, not sure I said you were wrong but implied you weren’t tied to reality. If I say Showgirls is my favorite movie of all the past few decades, it’s my opinion, but it means I’m probably not sane. For Honor is your Showgirls.

Tromeo and Juliet is still one of my favorites. Some like Toxic Avenger and Terror Firmer and some other Troma films just aren't too great to re watch, but I get a kick when I watch that one. Decent enough story haha. Everyone has their own opinions.

I read the first few sentences, not sure I said you were wrong but implied you weren’t tied to reality. If I say Showgirls is my favorite movie of all the past few decades, it’s my opinion, but it means I’m probably not sane. For Honor is your Showgirls.
a movie with Elizabeth Berkley naked the entire time is the worst movie you could think of?

300 hours on BotW?

Bruh you need a full time job lol

Sony just extended by ps plus subscription because of natural disaster relief by 30 days.

I was affected by hurricane irma, so not sure if everybody got it. But still pretty cool!!
The other day I went to download something on the PS3 that I had recently purchased and all of the PS+ games were at the top of the download list, like what happens when you extend PS+. Now I know why. Thanks.

Also Irma too. And just yesterday the piled up tree debris in my neighborhood was finally removed. Yay all around.

Whew. I was worried they would sell out before I could log in next week.

Seriously though not sure why they even bothered to do this.
At least you'll be able to see if they have any decent deals before your BF haul. Last time I got AC: Syndicate at Best Buy, they put the Gold Edition on sale. I bought that instead and returned my BB copy.

At least you'll be able to see if they have any decent deals before your BF haul. Last time I got AC: Syndicate at Best Buy, they put the Gold Edition on sale. I bought that instead and returned my BB copy.
Good point didn't think of that. This time of year I try not to open too many games till all the sales are done so I can easily return them.

Whew. I was worried they would sell out before I could log in next week.

Seriously though not sure why they even bothered to do this.
Gives PS+ members a chance to see if there's any retail deals they'll want to aim for or avoid and grab some of the PSN deals early anyway. Not seeing the bad side of this. I enjoy that the BF deals on Amazon, Best Buy, or whatever tend to go up way before BF so I can buy what I want and can avoid the mess later on.

Claiming I'm not tied to reality and saying my opinion is wrong are one in the same. You're using your own opinions as the baseline for what is acceptable.

300 hours on BotW?

Bruh you need a full time job lol
I work a minimum of 40 hours a week, thanks.

Claiming I'm not tied to reality and saying my opinion is wrong are one in the same. You're using your own opinions as the baseline for what is acceptable.

I work a minimum of 40 hours a week, thanks.
You’re right. You win the little forum bitch and whine award of the week. Your poor opinion! So worthless to me.

So how about those Black Friday deals. Physical vs digital anything besides whining.

You’re right. You win the little forum bitch and whine award of the week. Your poor opinion! So worthless to me.

So how about those Black Friday deals. Physical vs digital anything besides whining.
You've been whining about somebody's opinion on For Honor for the past day. Maybe give it a rest?

You've been whining about somebody's opinion on For Honor for the past day. Maybe give it a rest?
Frisky, I have so little joy in my life and you ask these people to stop their pointless argument.

Well, back on topic, with this month's offering, I wonder if PS+ is worth the money. Especially when I consider that a physical copy of a game might be better than digital. Any one else have thoughts about this?

Well, back on topic, with this month's offering, I wonder if PS+ is worth the money. Especially when I consider that a physical copy of a game might be better than digital. Any one else have thoughts about this?
I save more money on games deals than it costs to subscribe, so it's easily worth the cost for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back