PSN Weekly Deals - 4/10: Rockstar Sale! $20 Owlboy, $14 Aegis Defenders, $10 Thimbleweed Park, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Index

Current Deals - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 8 AM PT/11 AM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
Ending Soon
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

April’s PS+ Games - Ends 5/1/18

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: 99Vidas

:ps4:  :ps3: In Space we Brawl

:ps4: Mad Max

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted

:ps3: Toy Home

PSVR  :ps4: TrackMania Turbo

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT

:ps4: Dragon's Crown Pro - $44.99 - 10% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

:ps4: Guns of Icarus Alliance: PS4 Edition - $11.24 - 25% Off - Pre-order ends 5/1

:ps4: The Swords of Ditto - $17.99 - 10% Off - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31/18

:ps4: To Leave - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 4/24

:ps4: Trailblazers - $23.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 5/8

:ps4: We Happy Few - $50.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31
:ps4: We Happy Few Digital Deluxe - $67.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Blue-Collar Astronaut - $4.99 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 5/29

:ps4:  :vita:  Rogue Aces - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove - $19.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/18

PS4 - [customspoiler="PSVR Note"]PSVR :ps4: means the game is playable with or without PSVR.[/customspoiler]

Aegis Defenders - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 4/24 N

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Anima: Game of Memories - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/25

Anoxemia - $4.79 - 40% Off - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Castles - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Crazy Strike Bowling EX - $6.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Demon's Crystals - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/24

Ginger: Beyond the Crystal - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Heart & Slash - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Injustice 2 - $23.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Injustice 2 Legendary Edition - $47.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Nightmare Boy - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Streets of Red: Devil's Dare Deluxe - $7.19 - 20% Off - Ends 4/26

PSVR Time Carnage - $15.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Deluxe Edition - $27.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Gold Edition - $32.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Standard Edition - $23.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Vostok Inc - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Zenith - $8.99 - 55% Off - Ends 4/25

PS3

Wicked Monsters Blast! HD - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

Vita PS TV Compatibility

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS1 Classics - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Minis - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Constructor

Crossout

Horizon Zero Dawn

Orcs Must Die! Unchained

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

Warframe

PS3 Add-ons

N/A

Vita Add-ons

N/A

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Main reason I would upgrade is because it has 5 ghz WiFi. My Xbox One X gets like 50 mb/s on 5 ghz right next to my OG PS4 that gets like 5-7 mb/s on 2.4 ghz. I know some of the difference is just PSN being slow but I’d be interested to see. Also understand the slim is quieter.
Surprised it wouldn't be for 4K.

Now I know elitewillie prefers guided experiences so I can understand why he would like HZD more than BotW but I want to hear somebody else's reasons. I mean I liked HZD (the base game at least as I found the DLC to be fairly dull) but it's not in the same league as BotW to me. BotW really delivered the joy of exploration that so many open world games lack.
Personally, the mechanics really hurt the game in my eyes. (Weapon Durability, some of the progression on HP and STAMINA, etc) While I enjoy exploration, the game felt like it lacked focus and direction quite often.

Like even with side quests, it felt like you were aimless wondering and it just bugged me.

I enjoyed the fact that HZD had a nice open world, a great story and when you wanted to do things, actually had focus and direction. The only thing I have against it is the limited climbing/jumping.. "Oh sorry you can't climb out of the pit on this end because there is no yellow ledge" even though it is barely chest high.

Talking about going from the OG to the slim not to the Pro. Can’t afford a Pro ATM and honestly am not that interested in it now that I have an X1X.
You're trading, or have traded in the OG? If so, it's definitely worth getting the slim (minus the lack of optical output).

You're trading, or have traded in the OG? If so, it's definitely worth getting the slim (minus the lack of optical output).
I was going to trade. The OG value dropped $20 today. Not sure I’m going to do it. Still would only equate to $40 at GS to upgrade because of the $50 GC. But it’s $90 out of pocket when I’ve been spending a lot lately.

I’ll think about it. May not even have any left tomorrow since it’s a great deal.

Personally, the mechanics really hurt the game in my eyes. (Weapon Durability, some of the progression on HP and STAMINA, etc) While I enjoy exploration, the game felt like it lacked focus and direction quite often.

Like even with side quests, it felt like you were aimless wondering and it just bugged me.

I enjoyed the fact that HZD had a nice open world, a great story and when you wanted to do things, actually had focus and direction. The only thing I have against it is the limited climbing/jumping.. "Oh sorry you can't climb out of the pit on this end because there is no yellow ledge" even though it is barely chest high.
I can agree about the weapon durability. It made sense for a stick to break after killing a few enemies but not a sword. The climbing in HZD was a big issue to me as well since I played the majority of the base game after finishing BotW and then Frozen Wilds right after AC: Origins. Hard to go from being able to climb almost anywhere to being restricted to a set path.

Is Agents of Mayhem worth it at $19?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
i bought it at $15 and plat'd it about a week ago. i had a blast. it's more combat focused than saint's row...

you start out with 3 heros, and eventually unlock a bunch more. each plays quite differently - some are melee, one is a archer, some assault, etc. In addition to weapon differences they have other distinct skils. You alway pick 3, and can switch between those 3 [unless one gets knocked out during a mission].

It's open world, but feels more arena combat based.

All the characters are also pretty bold stereotypes - basically, it feels like Saint's Row doing a really good GI Joe game. They clearly went for that, there are some obvious call outs to the old GI Joe cartoons at times, but this game definitely has a potty mouth.

$19 would be at the high range... I was fine at $15.

Main reason I would upgrade is because it has 5 ghz WiFi. My Xbox One X gets like 50 mb/s on 5 ghz right next to my OG PS4 that gets like 5-7 mb/s on 2.4 ghz. I know some of the difference is just PSN being slow but I’d be interested to see. Also understand the slim is quieter.
Ethernet > wifi

Anyone familiar with getting MLB the show from psn store on sale?
I have always pre ordered the disc and traded it towards the next year's version, but this current version has a new mode I'm still interested in. So I figured I might just get it during one of the sales this weekend IF it's cheap enough. I could either trade the disc or just give it to a friend since the trade value probably isn't the greatest.
What's the cheapest it usually goes for?

Let's just assume it won't happen today as well. I mean Sony hasn't even hinted at it like they did last year. I mean they haven't even added a list on their blog of the current sale like last year.

decided to snag an 8tb since on sale

not real happy about having to spend that kinda money repeatedly for storage

gonna move the 5tb over to the xbox one (which already has a 5tb on it) and put the new 8 on the ps4 since the ps4 isn't as accommodating with external storage

crazy to think about how and what I was gaming as a kid to what I do now just to hold my games lol

There’s still some things I’d like to see sales on like the PS4 version of YS VIII and some digital only games like Wonder Boy the Dragon’s Trap.

Just noticed that on the webstore, it logged me out and will not let me log back in.

There’s still some things I’d like to see sales on like the PS4 version of YS VIII and some digital only games like Wonder Boy the Dragon’s Trap.

Just noticed that on the webstore, it logged me out and will not let me log back in.
I'm still logged in on the webstore so check on your end.

I want to buy something. My kids want those Goat Sim DLC's. I'd be a hero if those were on sale and I grabbed them all.

Let's just assume it won't happen today as well. I mean Sony hasn't even hinted at it like they did last year. I mean they haven't even added a list on their blog of the current sale like last year.
Like this?

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/11/17/black-friday-comes-early-for-ps-plus-members/

Blame Frisky not me. I just quoted him. (along with others)
I never posted anything from the PlayStation Blog that proved it, as you claimed. Just went from how the past few years have gone to try to stop people from constantly asking about it. Blame Sony.

my cart is already at like 170 with a coupon code

not sure I can handle any more deals

I've already spent way too much
Isn't there a limit of $150 that you can spend in one transaction? When I tried to buy a bunch of stuff with the Sony Rewards 15% off coupon, it kept saying that I had exceeded the funding limit until I took some things out of my cart.

Isn't there a limit of $150 that you can spend in one transaction? When I tried to buy a bunch of stuff with the Sony Rewards 15% off coupon, it kept saying that I had exceeded the funding limit until I took some things out of my cart.
the cap of adding funds is 150

I think you can hold about 175 or 180$ worth of games in the cart

apply the coupon with one game and add the rest after to fit in more

decided to snag an 8tb since on sale
not real happy about having to spend that kinda money repeatedly for storage
gonna move the 5tb over to the xbox one (which already has a 5tb on it) and put the new 8 on the ps4 since the ps4 isn't as accommodating with external storage

crazy to think about how and what I was gaming as a kid to what I do now just to hold my games lol
Where's that hard drive on sale at?

I need to stop refreshing the PSN store between level loads >_>
Yeah, keep checking too. I have a feeling if we don’t get something by noonish we may not get one. It’d be kind of odd to start s BF flash sale late in the afternoon but who knows?

—-

Just got my 15% code for doing the Trial Blazer reward so really hoping even more for a flash sale to stack with it!

giphy.gif

I am surprised neither Microsoft nor Sony has done something extra for the day.
Well, MS did have something more on their MS store with physical games. And, to be honest, I think overall their week sale was better than what’s in PSN so far. XBL never does flash sales anyway. Wish they would!

we are at the point where I am almost as excited for the meltdown of no flash sale as I am for the flash sale happening
This is why I never count on anything, not disappointed when it doesn't happen but super excited when it does!

For real though, got my trial blazer discount finally so some more stuff I want to buy wouldn't hurt.

This is why I never count on anything, not disappointed when it doesn't happen but super excited when it does!

For real though, got my trial blazer discount finally so some more stuff I want to buy wouldn't hurt.
it'll probably happen but if it doesn't they forfeit best deals to xbox

which would be ridiculous because for years ps was far superior in not only sales but also having digital bundles that didn't exist over on xbox

they've already been barely better for the past year

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back