PSN Weekly Deals - 4/10: Rockstar Sale! $20 Owlboy, $14 Aegis Defenders, $10 Thimbleweed Park, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Index

Current Deals - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 8 AM PT/11 AM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
Ending Soon
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

April’s PS+ Games - Ends 5/1/18

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: 99Vidas

:ps4:  :ps3: In Space we Brawl

:ps4: Mad Max

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted

:ps3: Toy Home

PSVR  :ps4: TrackMania Turbo

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT

:ps4: Dragon's Crown Pro - $44.99 - 10% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

:ps4: Guns of Icarus Alliance: PS4 Edition - $11.24 - 25% Off - Pre-order ends 5/1

:ps4: The Swords of Ditto - $17.99 - 10% Off - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31/18

:ps4: To Leave - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 4/24

:ps4: Trailblazers - $23.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 5/8

:ps4: We Happy Few - $50.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31
:ps4: We Happy Few Digital Deluxe - $67.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Blue-Collar Astronaut - $4.99 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 5/29

:ps4:  :vita:  Rogue Aces - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove - $19.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/18

PS4 - [customspoiler="PSVR Note"]PSVR :ps4: means the game is playable with or without PSVR.[/customspoiler]

Aegis Defenders - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 4/24 N

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Anima: Game of Memories - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/25

Anoxemia - $4.79 - 40% Off - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Castles - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Crazy Strike Bowling EX - $6.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Demon's Crystals - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/24

Ginger: Beyond the Crystal - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Heart & Slash - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Injustice 2 - $23.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Injustice 2 Legendary Edition - $47.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Nightmare Boy - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Streets of Red: Devil's Dare Deluxe - $7.19 - 20% Off - Ends 4/26

PSVR Time Carnage - $15.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Deluxe Edition - $27.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Gold Edition - $32.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Standard Edition - $23.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Vostok Inc - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Zenith - $8.99 - 55% Off - Ends 4/25

PS3

Wicked Monsters Blast! HD - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

Vita PS TV Compatibility

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS1 Classics - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Minis - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Constructor

Crossout

Horizon Zero Dawn

Orcs Must Die! Unchained

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

Warframe

PS3 Add-ons

N/A

Vita Add-ons

N/A

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Without spoilers can someone tell me if last guardian is a satisfying conclusion to ico + sotc? Do you get good lore or conclusions at the end of the game regarding the universe or timeline?

Is it normal to have a US,JPN and EU account? I'm thinking of making a EU account to buy a game or 2 from the psn trade thread.
Yeah, I'm not sure how much difference there is on PS4, but the PS3 versions of each store offer some unique games. Hong Kong might be better than Japan since you have a better chance of getting Asian English versions of games that are only in Japan.

Yeah, I'm not sure how much difference there is on PS4, but the PS3 versions of each store offer some unique games. Hong Kong might be better than Japan since you have a better chance of getting Asian English versions of games that are only in Japan.
Gotcha and thanks for all the hard work you put in to maintain the thread.

Got the entire Uncharted collection digitally! Also Outlast 2 and Dead by Daylight Halloween DLC. Where’s Ratchet & Clank for $8? I’m still regretting now pulling the trigger on that over the summer.

Without spoilers can someone tell me if last guardian is a satisfying conclusion to ico + sotc? Do you get good lore or conclusions at the end of the game regarding the universe or timeline?
I feel like there's a little more story/lore in last guardian than the first 2, but there's no real answers or anything about the world.

Thanks CrepeNuts and Quagmilion for the input on Stories, even for $0.74 doesn't seem like it'll be worth it. I like a good challenge, just not one that'll make me crazy. kelo360 I definitely agree about Second Son being a must play. I put Killzone SF on the maybe list for the very reasons you mentioned. I'll pass on it too.
Stories is not a hard game it's just that going after the Plat becomes a boring grind after you've played through the game about 5 or 6 times getting different endings. Each run is less than an hour but there are 25 different endings plus grinding to max out your level and skills. I burned out about halfway through the grind but I still think the game is worth playing especially for such a low price.

Im shocked to see that no one is talking about Bloodbourne Complete being only $13.49. I hate to be that guy, but is Bloodbourne a decent starting point in the Dark Souls/Demon Souls genre of games? Im looking for something to play on the downside when I get tired of Horizon. Ive wanted to pull the trigger on Bloodbourne before but I question if I have the patience required for a playthrough and the dlc. The same goes for Nioh. 

Im shocked to see that no one is talking about Bloodbourne Complete being only $13.49. I hate to be that guy, but is Bloodbourne a decent starting point in the Dark Souls/Demon Souls genre of games? Im looking for something to play on the downside when I get tired of Horizon. Ive wanted to pull the trigger on Bloodbourne before but I question if I have the patience required for a playthrough and the dlc. The same goes for Nioh.
I'm decent at games and I played bloodborne for at least six hours, and I still couldn't beat the first boss.

From what I understand, one has nothing to do with the other. There are theories aplenty about how they might be set in the same universe, but you'll have to do some research. For my own, I found it a satisfying journey in and of itself, even though it takes forever for Trico to do anything (you'll have to have lots of patience). Also, The Last Guardian VR Demo was my very first VR experience, so it will always have a memorable place in my heart.

I hate to be that guy, but is Bloodbourne a decent starting point in the Dark Souls/Demon Souls genre of games?
I'd like to know this too. Played a little Salt & Sanctuary, but no Souls games. Still interested in Bloodborne, but not thrilled about just banging my head against a wall.

Bloodborne is far easier than the Dark Souls games due to the rally mechanic. Is it easy? No. Not at all. Bloodborne rewards aggression where the other Souls games reward patience.

I'd like to know this too. Played a little Salt & Sanctuary, but no Souls games. Still interested in Bloodborne, but not thrilled about just banging my head against a wall.
I played Demon Souls for a few hours and couldn't get into it, primarily due to the complete lack of narrative and explanation. I also couldn't get used to the combat. Bloodborne on the other hand kept me riveted from beginning to end. It's one of those games where I never felt it was unfair. Combat controls are tight.

Yeah, you can start with Bloodborne. Bloodborne plays similarly to the others, with a major exception - you don't ever have a shield, and instead, there is a 'regain' system where countering heals you... this encourages fast, frenetic combat whereas in D*Soul's games many players use sword & board and have a more measured approach.

I've plat'd everything but DS3 [next on list].

I feel like this idea people bang their head against a wall is... just untrue.

The way D*Souls games work, basically, is that if you die you start back at the nearest 'checkpoint' [bonfire]. You can get back any experience you lost by going back and recovering it, but even if you don't, it's not really a big deal [though it feels important, it just isn't that important to level up all the time].

There are generally tons of shortcuts too.... so you don't need to actually replay each section if you just think to knock that ladder down, for example. Also, you can generally rush by everything once you've beaten a section, so it's pretty easy to get places.

I mean, they are harder games than most, but not... ridiculous, or anything. I actually found S&S much harder, but mostly because I'm terrible at 2d games.

I feel like this idea people bang their head against a wall is... just untrue.
Yeah I was trying to figure out how to word it without coming off as that guy but the talk around the difficulty of the Soulsborne games is really hyperbolic, I've never at any point in one of the games felt like I was banging my head against a wall or fighting something that seemed legit impossible. Actually I think from a purely gameplay-mechanics level they are really simplistic compared to other action games. What makes them challenging is that there are actual stakes to dying which most games don't really have outside of rogue-likes.

Basically point being don't let all the talk scare you, once you get into the groove of things it's pretty easy to breeze through the games, Bloodborne especially for reasons mentioned above. I actually didn't even die to about half of the required story bosses in Bloodborne and I am certainly not some pro gamer or any crap like that. The myth around the games have just oversold the reality of them.

Game is excellent. Once you understand the fighting mechanic, your good. There are some challenges but if your a person who feels good about accomplishing something then this is the game for you.

Stories is not a hard game it's just that going after the Plat becomes a boring grind after you've played through the game about 5 or 6 times getting different endings. Each run is less than an hour but there are 25 different endings plus grinding to max out your level and skills. I burned out about halfway through the grind but I still think the game is worth playing especially for such a low price.
I should have worded that response better, so it's on me for the misinformation. I didn't think that Stories would be hard game, just a challenge to grind and get the Plat. I'll be picking up because of the low price and it gives me something different to play.

I should have worded that response better, so it's on me for the misinformation. I didn't think that Stories would be hard game, just a challenge to grind and get the Plat. I'll be picking up because of the low price and it gives me something different to play.
It's probably not the sort of game you should grind as quickly as possible if all you want out of it are trophies.

It's probably not the sort of game you should grind as quickly as possible if all you want out of it are trophies.
I forgot to clarify that as well, I'm not a trophy hunter who buys games for easy Plats. I play games at my own pace no matter the difficulty or the length of the game. And with the way I tend to die a million times in some games it might take me longer than normal to finish it, lol.

I'm always confounded as to how anyone has time to do anything, let alone platinum games. For me, I'm content just completing the story and then moving on to the next title. Life is too damn short and my backlog is ridiculously long. It's not like when I was a kid and one game lasted me three months because I had no other choice.

Of course I love the delightful "chime" of a trophy, though. And if a game is short/fun enough, I'll play it again for a chance at the secrets. I also love story-based games (like Telltale's stuff) that basically reward you with 100% platinum just for completing all the episodes (even though there may be multiple endings at stake).

I guess my point is that I'll probably play Stories once or twice and then move on, and I'll still have gotten my 79¢ worth...

Any thought about both Yakuza 0 and Kiwami deals? can they get cheaper or should I just get them both? considering ff xv deluxe edition too. so confused... been out of gaming life for about a year now, and wanting to get back to it again.

I'm always confounded as to how anyone has time to do anything, let alone platinum games. For me, I'm content just completing the story and then moving on to the next title. Life is too damn short and my backlog is ridiculously long. It's not like when I was a kid and one game lasted me three months because I had no other choice.

Of course I love the delightful "chime" of a trophy, though. And if a game is short/fun enough, I'll play it again for a chance at the secrets. I also love story-based games (like Telltale's stuff) that basically reward you with 100% platinum just for completing all the episodes (even though there may be multiple endings at stake).

I guess my point is that I'll probably play Stories once or twice and then move on, and I'll still have gotten my 79¢ worth...
This is my train of thought exactly. I'll play through games once or twice depending on which game it is. I like hearing the "chime" of trophies too. I look up to see what trophy I got, say "okay, cool" and keep playing. If get to 100% and the Plat that's fine, if not that's fine too.

EDIT: This is something else I forgot clarify properly.

Just got a 20% off code from chat support because my PS4 code was expired. Surprised they didn't ask for proof. Worth trying for those that still have stuff to buy. $36 Wildlands Gold Edition, here I come!

Any thoughts on Second Son? Seems like a cool exclusive game. Just missed out on getting it for free on PS+
Story and characters are the worst in the series, but the gameplay is the best and most polished. It's worth a playthrough for sure if you like superhero style open world type games. First Light is worth playing too when you're done with Second Son, and arguably has the best set of powers.

In Second Son I felt the power progression was a bit weak since you don't feel more "powerful", you just gain "new" sets of powers and the way you switch between each set is sloppy. That and the weak story were the only things I wish they had fleshed out more. Otherwise it's a solid game and worth the price.

Just got a 20% off code from chat support because my PS4 code was expired. Surprised they didn't ask for proof. Worth trying for those that still have stuff to buy. $36 Wildlands Gold Edition, here I come!
Damn, was it that easy this whole time? What exactly did you tell them? (It expired before you got a chance to use it?) I don't think I can afford another full cart of games without an extra 20% off.

Damn, was it that easy this whole time? What exactly did you tell them? (It expired before you got a chance to use it?) I don't think I can afford another cart of games without an extra 20% off.
I gave them a code that had expired. They then gave me a new code (which worked even though I had used one a few days ago).

You're a lucky bastard. I had to take photos of the pamphlet included with my PS4 Pro multiple times because they weren't satisfied with the size of my photos or the orientation that I sent them. Trying to get a working code was a nightmare.

I gave them a code that had expired. They then gave me a new code (which worked even though I had used one a few days ago).
fuckin' sweet. I guess I can try haranguing the staff until I get a hit. (Serves them right for not sending me a code in the first place.)

God, I'm such a greedy bastard.

will there be a week 4? 8-[
I believe Week 4 will be the final week of the holiday sale (and when I inevitably retire from CAG until next Black Friday). After spoiling the shit out of us for an entire month straight, I don't know how they expect anyone to pay full price for a game ever again. ;)

I'm wondering if Amazon's "Digital Day" sale on the 29th will even hold a candle to PSN's latest trend.

I believe Week 4 will be the final week of the holiday sale (and when I inevitably retire from CAG until next Black Friday). After spoiling the shit out of us for an entire month straight, I don't know how they expect anyone to pay full price for a game ever again. ;)

I'm wondering if Amazon's "Digital Day" sale on the 29th will even hold a candle to PSN's latest trend.
i cant tell if this is a troll post

i cant tell if this is a troll post
giphy.gif

Wait, I can't purchase Bloodborne Complete for $14 because I already own the base game of Bloodborne?  So if I want to finally own the DLC, I'll have to pay the DLC Expansion's full, non-sale price of $20...?

C'mon, Sony.  Help me give you money!

Which AAA first party games close down their servers a year after the game's release? When was the last time that happened? There isn't even online multiplayer, it's just online ranking system. I guess times are hard over at Sony. Pretty sad.
If anything, with its origin in a niche PS Vita game (not exactly a hit selling console in the US), and unique niche appeal, Gravity Rush 2 isn't just not a AAA game, it's literally the OPPOSITE of a AAA game: it's a niche game. Which is a compliment. The reason all AAA games feel like the same charmless crap is precisely because big budgets + risk averse publishers = focus grouped garbage. Gravity Rush 2 has the charm that you only get from a decidedly non-AAA title.

I'm sure it did just fine in Japan, but in the US it didn't appear on literally any sales list. It didn't even appear on the Top 20 downloads on PSN for the month it released. Even The Last Guardian outsold Gravity Rush 2 in January, a game that came out a month before and was hardly considered a big seller. Gravity Rush 2 sold abysmally.

I know of at least two other SIE games last year whose servers were shut down in UNDER a year. Neither of them were nearly anywhere as good as Gravity Rush 2, but all three were about equal in being abysmal sales failures, if anything Gravity Rush 2 is more likely to have lost money since Sony might have actually put some money behind it. I honestly can't get upset if they feel they can only support the servers for a year after taking a loss on this game. What other company is even willing to make games like Gravity Rush 2 and The Last Guardian in the first place?

Any thoughts on Second Son? Seems like a cool exclusive game. Just missed out on getting it for free on PS+
It's really good. It's a launch game, so it's not quite as robust in some ways as the earlier Infamous's [ie, iirc you never ride cars defending them, stuff like that] but it felt like they greatly improved what is included. I really liked the powers. I also like the main guy, though some don't.

I'd give it a whirl, for sure.

It's really good. It's a launch game, so it's not quite as robust in some ways as the earlier Infamous's [ie, iirc you never ride cars defending them, stuff like that] but it felt like they greatly improved what is included. I really liked the powers. I also like the main guy, though some don't.

I'd give it a whirl, for sure.
You can ride a car defending it in First Light, though I think that's the only time you can. He might as well play First Light afterward if he likes Second Son anyway, as it gives more backstory to one of the characters and it's decent. First Light improves on some of the gameplay annoyances that Second Son had too

That is very true for Stories as well as Odin Sphere Leifthrasir. Both games require you to replay levels over and over again and you WILL get burned out and start to hate the game if you overdose on it. That said, all this talk about Stories kind of has me wanting to reinstall it and finish off the Plat. Enough time has passed that it finishing it probably won't seem like such a grind.

This is my train of thought exactly. I'll play through games once or twice depending on which game it is. I like hearing the "chime" of trophies too. I look up to see what trophy I got, say "okay, cool" and keep playing. If get to 100% and the Plat that's fine, if not that's fine too.

EDIT: This is something else I forgot clarify properly.
I will get them unless they are time consuming or I have to go out of the way to get them.

Otherwise I just get whatever ones from just playing the game normally. Star ocean broke me very quickly for 100% achievement/trophy hunting.

PS4 4.05 Kernel Exploit Released, Full Jailbreak Round the Corner

Developer Specter has just released a much-anticipated kernel exploit for Playstation 4. Published on Github two hours ago, the exploit states that it does not contain any code related to defeating anti-piracy mechanisms or running homebrew. However, it does contain a loader that listens for payloads on a designated port which it will execute on demand.....

So I got the $10 coupon from psn the other day, exp. at the end of the year. Used the code it transfered $10 to my wallet. There is no exp. on the money in the wallet right, just redeeming the coupon? Nothing I want in the store right now on sale

So I got the $10 coupon from psn the other day, exp. at the end of the year. Used the code it transfered $10 to my wallet. There is no exp. on the money in the wallet right, just redeeming the coupon? Nothing I want in the store right now on sale
It expires on 12/31

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back