PSN Weekly Deals - 4/10: Rockstar Sale! $20 Owlboy, $14 Aegis Defenders, $10 Thimbleweed Park, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Index

Current Deals - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 8 AM PT/11 AM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
Ending Soon
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

April’s PS+ Games - Ends 5/1/18

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: 99Vidas

:ps4:  :ps3: In Space we Brawl

:ps4: Mad Max

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted

:ps3: Toy Home

PSVR  :ps4: TrackMania Turbo

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT

:ps4: Dragon's Crown Pro - $44.99 - 10% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

:ps4: Guns of Icarus Alliance: PS4 Edition - $11.24 - 25% Off - Pre-order ends 5/1

:ps4: The Swords of Ditto - $17.99 - 10% Off - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31/18

:ps4: To Leave - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 4/24

:ps4: Trailblazers - $23.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 5/8

:ps4: We Happy Few - $50.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31
:ps4: We Happy Few Digital Deluxe - $67.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Blue-Collar Astronaut - $4.99 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 5/29

:ps4:  :vita:  Rogue Aces - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove - $19.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/18

PS4 - [customspoiler="PSVR Note"]PSVR :ps4: means the game is playable with or without PSVR.[/customspoiler]

Aegis Defenders - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 4/24 N

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Anima: Game of Memories - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/25

Anoxemia - $4.79 - 40% Off - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Castles - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Crazy Strike Bowling EX - $6.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Demon's Crystals - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/24

Ginger: Beyond the Crystal - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Heart & Slash - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Injustice 2 - $23.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Injustice 2 Legendary Edition - $47.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Nightmare Boy - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Streets of Red: Devil's Dare Deluxe - $7.19 - 20% Off - Ends 4/26

PSVR Time Carnage - $15.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Deluxe Edition - $27.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Gold Edition - $32.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Standard Edition - $23.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Vostok Inc - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Zenith - $8.99 - 55% Off - Ends 4/25

PS3

Wicked Monsters Blast! HD - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

Vita PS TV Compatibility

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS1 Classics - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Minis - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Constructor

Crossout

Horizon Zero Dawn

Orcs Must Die! Unchained

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

Warframe

PS3 Add-ons

N/A

Vita Add-ons

N/A

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked up a $20 PSN code from GreenManGaming for 10% off because...sure, why not.

You can still get buy one get one 25% off on PSN credit at Target through tomorrow. It works out to slightly better percentage off at 12.5% if you don't have to go too far to get it. Plus you can grab some clearance Christmas candy and decorations to sweeten the deal.

I need me some 30% off pcgamesupply deals stat.. these sales have wiped out my wallet and then some.

I need me some 30% off pcgamesupply deals stat.. these sales have wiped out my wallet and then some.
Totally agree.

And why can't Rakuten get into the PSN Gift Card business...? XBL Gift Cards at 20% off for days....

Where would you rank Bloodborne with the "Souls" games? Great price on it, and it will probably fatigue me on games of that type for a while. I guess a better question would be should I get this game or DS III?
This is the best price available so far for the complete Bloodborne bundle. The DLC by itself was only on sale one time for $8.

Similarly I would expect the DS3 season pass to also go on sale very infrequently, it's been on sale only once so for $15. Whenever you buy Dark Souls 3 you are going to want to get the Deluxe digital bundle or the Fire Fades edition in physical.

Either DS3 option are going to be considerably more than the cost of the bloodborne bundle, so I would recommend picking up Bloodborne for now.

Dang... just saw that I got a message for a free $10 back in october when I purchased my Pro. It's now expired
Can try doing live chat with sony customer service, explain that you didn't notice it and they might be able to re-issue a new one.

Depends how you feel about top down racing with a fairly steep learning curve. I bought the physical from LRG and it's kicking my ass, but I'm enjoying it.

For most people, I think they would recommend waiting for a sale if you're unsure.
I own a LRG copy but I don't want to open it lol. Rather have the game digital anyways. $11.99 ain't too bad...just was hoping it would be cheaper in one of these sales.

Anyone know if this amazon digital day has any PS4 digital codes? I looked at overwatch but the PS4 digital code says “unavailable”.

Where would I look to find if I got  the 10$ thingy?  Would it be in notifications,  email  messages ect?

Anyone know if this amazon digital day has any PS4 digital codes? I looked at overwatch but the PS4 digital code says “unavailable”.
I was wondering if there'd be anything for us console gamers too. I haven't seen anything really worth it beyond the discounts on comics and graphic novels.

Alright, since none of you seem hostile toward my comments on select games on sale and I've little I can do having come down with the flu on my trip in Italy, I'll continue. :)

Abzu : More a moving (in terms of kinetic motion, rather than emotion), interactive storybook that takes place underwater, please don't let the description turn you away. The soundtrack is ambient and relaxing, and there is still exploration involved in this "game". This is about as relaxing as games / experiences get, and I happened upon this one during a particularly stressful and difficult time in my life and found the experience quite therapeutic. If you're looking for a way to pass a few hours free of stress, just allowing a game to lead you on a journey (from the same developer(s), I believe?), I think you'll enjoy this title. 

BlazBlue - Central Fiction : Guilty Gear and BlazBlue remain among the top fighters of choice for the hardcore within the fighting game community, and for good reason. The Arc System Works fighters tend to emphasize skill over chance--though the latter is certainly present at times--and feature fantastic soundtracks and crisp, stylized 2D graphics that I The only frustrating and wonderful thing about these two titles is the frequency with which they are updated, and the ensuing costs of purchasing said upgrades, but many fighting games have gone down this route, and Arc System Works is at least fair about its pricing structure and less of an offender than other developers out there. Central Fiction is a great introduction for new comers to BlazBlue as it actually fleshes out a story for its roster of distinct, diverse characters. 

Bloodborne - Complete Edition : FromSoft's games hold a very special place in my heart, and I am not exaggerating when I say that Demon's Souls, Dark Souls 1-3, and BloodBorne have influenced my perception of nearly every other game I have played since. Yes, people harp about "Git Gud" and the intense difficulty of these games, but when people claim that the Soulsborne games are their favorites and the best thing to happen to this world, I get the feeling that the majority of them are doing so to show off. I am NOT a video game god. I can't play every video game on the hardest difficulty and enjoy the experience. But what about Bloodborne makes it such that it receives such high esteem in my library? It was the first Soulsborne game I played to completion (the first I owned was Demon's Souls, but its opacity was a bit too much for me upon first taste, and I only returned to it years later), and the Cthulu inspired world in its strangeness and beauty, monstrous character and enemy design, and lightning fast combat had me hooked, despite the many deaths I experienced at the hands of common and boss enemies. Bloodborne is a game for the obsessed and curious, those who are willing to scour item descriptions and interpret character dialogues for story and lore--those who are willing to learn from their deaths and mistakes to chip away just a little more at progression, until they have mastered the tools at their disposal and learned the ins and outs of the enemies they encounter. Some people claim that the Soulsborne games are not for everyone, but I am in the extreme opposite of the camp - these games are suitable for all, but some just do not give them enough time / opportunity for them to sink their fangs into muscle memory and the ensuing sense of accomplishment and learning that is lacking in many modern games. I remember excitement and fear of failure--for loss of progress / time committed--being a very real and major part of my gaming experience during the early 90s, and the Soulsborne games are among the few modern games that have me on the edge of my seat during boss battles. I don't think I slam the ground, pump my fists, or stifle a scream when I play other games, and it's this emotional investment that I find so gratifying about Bloodborne and its cousins. There are HOURS of gameplay to be had here for a very low price. You may find the first five hours while you adjust to this type of game infuriating, but when you get beyond that, you're opening yourself up to an intensity in gaming experience that you seldom find in other titles.

Dragon Age - Inquisition - GotY Edition : A divisive entry among the fans, but a critical hit, I am among the fans of the original that also happened to like this latest incarnation. Yes, the play mechanics have changed, such that combat feels more like that of Final Fantasy XII or a single player MMORPG, but BioWare's strength to me has always been in its ability to build spectacular worlds, design interesting characters, and deliver compelling narratives. For 8-10 bucks, you're getting a massive adventure with combat / gameplay that will be appealing to even to those who have not been fans of cRPGs, and the wonderful sex scene with Iron Bull (who would have thought Freddie Prinze Jr. could be a spectacular voice actor for video games!) is worth the price of admission alone.

Enter the Gungeon : Don't get this if you have a Switch! Otherwise, go ahead. It's a bullet hell rogue-like with near limitless replayability, and with Binding of Isaac, may represent among the greatest values whether the titles are on sale or not. I myself have logged hundreds of hours on this title, and I am looking forward to the Switch port to add to my digital library, so that I can have two of the best rogue-likes at my disposal anytime and everywhere. Each session does not last very long, but that does not mean you won't be invested in the game, as there is just so much to discover, quite a bit to unlock, and the gameplay so tight and solid. 

Final Fantasy X / X2 HD Remaster : I was a Final Fantasy freak for a long time, but the series has taken some controversial turns recently. I played the hell out of the original for the NES, and I'm not blinded by the goggles of nostalgia to think that it was a perfect game. There was a rudimentary story, terrible user interface (you had to buy each potion up to 99X separately), annoying status effects that could wipe out your entire party if you happened to be as unfortunate to be ambushed by a group of wights or cockatrices, and ridiculous need for grinding to get through maze-like dungeons. Final Fantasy II (IV) and Final Fantasy III (VI) were epic, classic jRPGs with fantastic soundtracks, varied character designs, and narratives that hooked you emotionally. I couldn't make sense of Final Fantasy VII's narrative and it seemed more a showcase for the power of the PSX at the time, but I was able to forgive it because the gameplay was still distinctly Final Fantasy. I hated Final Fantasy VIII's gameplay (I am not a fan of the Saga series nor Final Fantasy II for the Famicom), and left enough of a bad taste in my mouth that I never got around to giving Final Fantasy IX a fair chance. Final Fantasy X was the title that brought me back and convinced me the franchise was headed in the right direction, with its lovable cast, fantastic soundtrack, turn-based combat system, and deep customization. Final Fantasy X-2 made me do a face palm. If you like classic jRPGs from the 16 bit era and you somehow managed to miss out on FFX, you're in for a hell of a ride and a long one at that, easily worth the asking price here (though you can probably find physical copies for $10 elsewhere). If you happen to find FFX2 enjoyable, well, you just got double your money's worth. I did not.

Final Fantasy XII - The Zodiac Age : Epic narrative, intriguing characters, hatable villain(s)--another title that fooled me into thinking that the franchise would return to its roots. It was FFXII that convinced me the series doesn't necessarily need to remain rooted in its turn-based combat system to remain enjoyable (FFXIII would later convince me otherwise). Sweeping soundtrack, an optional feature that should be included in all jRPGs (fast forward system), and a surprisingly modern visual with the added benefit of HD remastering that has aged spectacularly well. Not the best deal I have seen (better prices on physical in the past), but you wouldn't be getting ripped off if you enjoy RPGs, epic stories, and fantastic world settings. 

Final Fantasy XV : It's not terrible. If you like action RPGs--with the emphasis on action--you're probably going to enjoy this entry. I just got burnt out by the soulless pretty boy protagonists (Cloud, Squall, Titus, and now all three members of FFXV) and did not find myself emotionally invested in the narrative. Some people are willing to forgive weak character design and narrative for pure gameplay, but I am not one of those people, especially when it comes to jRPGs. But if you want a game that will take you for the long haul with solid combat, you could do worse.

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD : This one is an oddball of sorts. Keep in mind that it was originally designed for the Playstation Portable, so you're getting more of a central hub with brief mission-based play game here, along the likes of Monster Hunter or God Eater. This is also an ACTION rpg, and the roster of characters, while large, is not impressive or individualized (there are no distinct, memorable personalities here). Nonetheless, some people like this sort of thing, and while Monster Hunter is the superior game in this genre, those who must have all things Final Fantasy probably already have this title, and latecomers wouldn't be wasting their time at least giving it a try.

Where would you rank Bloodborne with the "Souls" games? Great price on it, and it will probably fatigue me on games of that type for a while. I guess a better question would be should I get this game or DS III?
Get Bloodborne.

Far from fatiguing people of Souls games, Bloodborne actually has had the effect for a lot of people I know of getting them into Souls even after disliking DS, DS and DS II. Bloodborne is a great introduction to the franchise for people who haven't liked previous Souls games, and has a very refreshing effect on those who loved previous Souls games but feel fatigued by them.

I think that answers your question better than an actual answer to your question. But as for the latter: I wouldn't personally rank the two at all myself, but usually it's generally agreed upon that people like Bloodborne more than DS III.

I think that answers your question better than an actual answer to your question. But as for the latter: I wouldn't personally rank the two at all myself, but usually it's generally agreed upon that people like Bloodborne more than DS III.
I liked Demons Souls, but never could really get into the slower pace of it. Platted Bloodborne though.

I think that before playing DS3 and DLC, it is totally worth playing DS1 + DLC to get familiarized with returning characters, lore, etc. (it is fine to skip DS2).

I find the Dark Souls series phenomenal, but I think Bloodborne is better for those without any background. It was my first "souls" game and I loved it, so much in fact that I went back and played DS1 (my favorite overall) and then DS3. That is the order I would recommend, as BB demands a faster pace than DS, and I think it is easier to go into it without the habit of hiding behind a shield.

yall should get gravity rush remastered right now for sure, otherwise you are looking at $70+ physical copies. one of the few times where digital wins

yall should get gravity rush remastered right now for sure, otherwise you are looking at $70+ physical copies. one of the few times where digital wins
Agreed, this one is a no brainer if you’re interested in the game. I got the vita version when it was ps+ but sold off my vita. Been itching to finish this game and this is a killer deal. Forget the physical. It’s ridiculous.

Is Gravity Rush Remastered being delisted or something? Is there any reason to get this immediately or wait for a deeper sale if it’s not on my priority list?
Not being delisted. Just the lowest price it's ever been right now. Physical version is out of print though. Resale market has it going for $70+.

I had Gravity Rush Remastered physical but went digital in some other sale. Now I wish I had hung onto it with prices soaring.

I own Gravity Rush on Vita, only a few hours in. Bought it physically for PS4 for cheap with GCU, opened it and have yet to play it. And I am still tempted to pick up the digital! 

And Gravity Rush 2 is still sealed...what is wrong with me? 

I think that before playing DS3 and DLC, it is totally worth playing DS1 + DLC to get familiarized with returning characters, lore, etc. (it is fine to skip DS2).

I find the Dark Souls series phenomenal, but I think Bloodborne is better for those without any background. It was my first "souls" game and I loved it, so much in fact that I went back and played DS1 (my favorite overall) and then DS3. That is the order I would recommend, as BB demands a faster pace than DS, and I think it is easier to go into it without the habit of hiding behind a shield.
Having recently completed my first playthrough of 3, I would rank it as my 4th favorite behind Demon's Souls, Dark Souls 1, and 2. That could change though as I haven't dug very much into the lore of it yet. They tried to do their own thing story-wise in 2 with a few light connections in the DLC to DaS 1 and then when people lost their shit over that approach, they over-corrected in 3 and went a bit mad with fan service. Still have to get to Bloodborne at some point.

I own Gravity Rush on Vita, only a few hours in. Bought it physically for PS4 for cheap with GCU, opened it and have yet to play it. And I am still tempted to pick up the digital!

And Gravity Rush 2 is still sealed...what is wrong with me?
You're a CAG!

I doubt that!
I bought it on sale with GCU...compared to what it costs now it was cheap enough for me! :D/

Edit: leaving my comment for public shaming. You were right, it was bought from Amazon for 29.99.

Time to hang my head like Charlie Brown...maybe I should play the games that I buy? Nah.

So I have Bloodborne physical but I haven’t played it yet. Should I just get the complete now for $14 since the DLC is so good and sell my physical copy for $5?

So I have Bloodborne physical but I haven’t played it yet. Should I just get the complete now for $14 since the DLC is so good and sell my physical copy for $5?
An easy yes, given that the DLC is so rarely on sale, and Bloodborne is a title that could benefit from not having to switch discs constantly (it'll take you hours to platinum, and you may want a break from it time to time).

Can someone (psychoseoul?) sum up gameplay on Gravity Rush for me? I watched a couple trailers but I can't really get the gist of it. I'm curious why this game is so popular. What titles would you compare it to?

(Not that I have any room for it in my cart right now...)

Not sure if you ever got an answer, but the email I got for my code said it expires 12/31/18.
Thanks. If not much else goes on sale in the next two weeks I'll just hold on to my code. My total isn't that high right now. I'm thinking of getting The Inpatient when it's released. If not then the second Marvel Infinite season pass. So if my total is less than $30 I shouldn't use the code yet.

Can someone (psychoseoul?) sum up gameplay on Gravity Rush for me? I watched a couple trailers but I can't really get the gist of it. I'm curious why this game is so popular. What titles would you compare it to?

(Not that I have any room for it in my cart right now...)
I don't think I can refer to one single title to which I can compare Gravity Rush.

That said, I'll do my best.

If you've played Super Mario Galaxy 1 or 2, you might remember that incredible visceral sensation that came with play on gravity, where you would hop from one planet to the next, with the forces from the masses drawing you in all sorts of crazy directions. You could spin Mario in an orbit around the planets and make seemingly impossible leaps across space from one planet to the next. Gravity Rush has components of that, initially just asking players to go from point A to point B, but with MUCH more focus on the manipulation / use of gravitation forces, gradually expanding its utility from navigation to even combat.

The game isn't difficult, but so much of the fun--for me, anyways--came from doing fun, stylish tricks, kind of like Sunset Overdrive for the XBox, or the Jet Set Radio / Jet Grind Radio for the Dreamcast, where the game itself isn't tough, but mastering your movements and understanding your environment allows you to do all sorts of crazy crap.

The story is serviceable, graphics are top-notch, and don't get me wrong, the game is quite good, but I think part of its desirability / popularity stems from the status of its physical copy, which was an Amazon exclusive, limited in print, and now fetches high prices on the used market. I would suggest watching more specific videos on boss combat and latter areas of the game, which should give you a much better feeling for the game than the trailers do.

Oh shit you are right! Haha, It was GR2 that I bought from BestBuy! OMG I can't keep track of what I am buying...I told you I need help
To be fair if you have Amazon Prime you would have gotten it for the same price as GCU so that is probably why you thought you got it from Best Buy.

I don't think I can refer to one single title to which I can compare Gravity Rush.

That said, I'll do my best.

If you've played Super Mario Galaxy 1 or 2, you might remember that incredible visceral sensation that came with play on gravity, where you would hop from one planet to the next, with the forces from the masses drawing you in all sorts of crazy directions. You could spin Mario in an orbit around the planets and make seemingly impossible leaps across space from one planet to the next. Gravity Rush has components of that, initially just asking players to go from point A to point B, but with MUCH more focus on the manipulation / use of gravitation forces, gradually expanding its utility from navigation to even combat.

The game isn't difficult, but so much of the fun--for me, anyways--came from doing fun, stylish tricks, kind of like Sunset Overdrive for the XBox, or the Jet Set Radio / Jet Grind Radio for the Dreamcast, where the game itself isn't tough, but mastering your movements and understanding your environment allows you to do all sorts of crazy crap.

The story is serviceable, graphics are top-notch, and don't get me wrong, the game is quite good, but I think part of its desirability / popularity stems from the status of its physical copy, which was an Amazon exclusive, limited in print, and now fetches high prices on the used market. I would suggest watching more specific videos on boss combat and latter areas of the game, which should give you a much better feeling for the game than the trailers do.
I appreciate the write-up, man. The concept kind of reminds me of Mirror's Edge for some reason. I haven't played either of the Super Mario Galaxies before (I know, I know), but I think you've just about sold me on the fun factor. Actually, I just noticed that there's a free demo for Galaxy Rush 2, so I guess I'll be able to make up my own mind. Either way, thanks!

I had Gravity Rush Remastered physical but went digital in some other sale. Now I wish I had hung onto it with prices soaring.
ya i had one from amazon when it was 20 and traded it during flipageddon to gamestop for $44, thought I was getting a good deal then LOL

Need some advice. Should I pickup Assassin’s Creed Origins at GameStop, or should I get Battlefront 2 on psn with my 20% off coupon?

Side note, I still need to finish Assassin’s Creed Syndicate...

Bloodborne - Complete Edition : FromSoft's games hold a very special place in my heart, and I am not exaggerating when I say that Demon's Souls, Dark Souls 1-3, and BloodBorne have influenced my perception of nearly every other game I have played since. Yes, people harp about "Git Gud" and the intense difficulty of these games, but when people claim that the Soulsborne games are their favorites and the best thing to happen to this world, I get the feeling that the majority of them are doing so to show off.
I dunno.. when I tell people Dark Souls is my favorite game, I always try to tell them there's ways around the difficulty.. and what sticks out in my mind is how immersive the world and lore is.. There's a couple bosses that actually made me cry, and if I mention it to anyone they always assume it was from difficulty, which it wasn't.. x.X;

Need some advice. Should I pickup Assassin’s Creed Origins at GameStop, or should I get Battlefront 2 on psn with my 20% off coupon?

Origins is miles better than Syndicate, imo. In fact it may be my new favorite AC game. I've always wanted to explore Egypt, and they finally did it and it's a blast to explore. For me anyway.

Now all they need to do is give me a feudal Japan AC game.

How much do you enjoy Battlefront’s multiplayer? Dogfights are pretty fun. The campaign is okay.

Assassins creed origins has an amazing setting. Got mauled by a leopard in my first thirty minutes.

Both good games.

Demon's Souls -is- one of the best things to happen to gaming.  It came at a time when gaming was under a lot of changing forces - the casual market was booming, and many/most/all other genres were adapting to that.    Even traditionally hard genres, like platforming, were under fire - I've mentioned it before, but famously we had Prince of Persia, which magically rescued you from failed jumps. 

2007's critically acclaimed [and great] Bioshock had those revive tubes, and if you recall, enemies didn't heal between your revives so you had unlimited lives to whittle down any foe [ie, you couldn't fail, given enough time].  

There are plenty of other examples, and the point is, from a gaming history standpoint, those years were sort of the apex of games not letting you fail.  Ever.  

And then Demon's Souls hit.   And for many of us [certainly, anyone who grew up dying on coin-ops and wizardry's and such] it was a massive, massive breath of fresh air.   It wasn't even particularly difficult [like, say, a hardcore bullethell shmup]... it just didn't hold your hand, it had actual penalties for death, and it required you paid attention and tried to get better.   It was the right game at the right time - and certainly, Dark Souls bringing it cross platform was doubly so, due to the expanded audience.

And, of course, like Nirvana heralding in the age of alt-rock, the massive success of D*Souls impacted the entire gaming scene.  In another case of glorious timing, the indie scene was just finding it's footing around then, soon to enter a massive boom.   Roguelike.  Permadeath. All that good stuff, all part of the natural evolution of gaming [not that these things never existed before, but it was about time they came around]. The franchise really is an important piece of gaming history.

Just realized a lot of these games are on sale past next week. Are we going to have new deals popping up?
The sale is called the 5 weeks of savings or something like that and we are only on week 3, so probably lots more deals.

Gotta say for me this one has really made up for the past couple of months where I barely bought anything. Spent too much on this one so far.

I got a 20% off PSN coupon when I bought my gold PS4 this summer. Anyone know if this stacks with sale prices? It expires tomorrow so I need to use it or lose it

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back