PSN Weekly Deals - 4/10: Rockstar Sale! $20 Owlboy, $14 Aegis Defenders, $10 Thimbleweed Park, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Index

Current Deals - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 8 AM PT/11 AM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
Ending Soon
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

April’s PS+ Games - Ends 5/1/18

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: 99Vidas

:ps4:  :ps3: In Space we Brawl

:ps4: Mad Max

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted

:ps3: Toy Home

PSVR  :ps4: TrackMania Turbo

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT

:ps4: Dragon's Crown Pro - $44.99 - 10% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

:ps4: Guns of Icarus Alliance: PS4 Edition - $11.24 - 25% Off - Pre-order ends 5/1

:ps4: The Swords of Ditto - $17.99 - 10% Off - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31/18

:ps4: To Leave - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 4/24

:ps4: Trailblazers - $23.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 5/8

:ps4: We Happy Few - $50.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31
:ps4: We Happy Few Digital Deluxe - $67.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Blue-Collar Astronaut - $4.99 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 5/29

:ps4:  :vita:  Rogue Aces - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove - $19.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/18

PS4 - [customspoiler="PSVR Note"]PSVR :ps4: means the game is playable with or without PSVR.[/customspoiler]

Aegis Defenders - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 4/24 N

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Anima: Game of Memories - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/25

Anoxemia - $4.79 - 40% Off - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Castles - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Crazy Strike Bowling EX - $6.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Demon's Crystals - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/24

Ginger: Beyond the Crystal - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Heart & Slash - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Injustice 2 - $23.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Injustice 2 Legendary Edition - $47.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Nightmare Boy - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Streets of Red: Devil's Dare Deluxe - $7.19 - 20% Off - Ends 4/26

PSVR Time Carnage - $15.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Deluxe Edition - $27.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Gold Edition - $32.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Standard Edition - $23.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Vostok Inc - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Zenith - $8.99 - 55% Off - Ends 4/25

PS3

Wicked Monsters Blast! HD - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

Vita PS TV Compatibility

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS1 Classics - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Minis - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Constructor

Crossout

Horizon Zero Dawn

Orcs Must Die! Unchained

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

Warframe

PS3 Add-ons

N/A

Vita Add-ons

N/A

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm getting really nervous about this last week of sales, although in all honestly, I just hope they reprise some of the earlier deals that I regret passing up on.

What titles are you guys hoping for before all is said and done? I've got several jotted down here, but in particular I've been waiting for Black Mirror, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, Robinson: The Journey, The Vanishing of Ethan Carter and What Remains of Edith Finch to drop down in price. Also, I know it'll never happen, but a massive 70% discount on the pre-order of The Inpatient (1/23) would be fantastic. :whistle2:o In addition, I've been waiting for the rest of the LucasArts remastered games (Secret of Monkey Island 1, 2, Full Throttle) to go down to $3.99. And while we're at it, I'd also take Broken Sword: The Serpent's Curse at that price for my adventure archives.

At this point, it's all about OCD collecting and more, more, more. I need help.
I'm hoping for Valiant Hearts: The Great War, What Remains of Edith, and Sky Force Reloaded to be on sale next week. I didn't think I would be buying anything from week 4. Broke down and picked up Resogun, Vector Unit Triple Pack, and The Unfinished Swan. Still eying Prototype Franchise Bundle and waiting to see what's on sale during finale week 5.

I'm getting really nervous about this last week of sales, although in all honestly, I just hope they reprise some of the earlier deals that I regret passing up on.

What titles are you guys hoping for before all is said and done? I've got several jotted down here, but in particular I've been waiting for Black Mirror, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, Robinson: The Journey, The Vanishing of Ethan Carter and What Remains of Edith Finch to drop down in price. Also, I know it'll never happen, but a massive 70% discount on the pre-order of The Inpatient (1/23) would be fantastic. :whistle2:o In addition, I've been waiting for the rest of the LucasArts remastered games (Secret of Monkey Island 1, 2, Full Throttle) to go down to $3.99. And while we're at it, I'd also take Broken Sword: The Serpent's Curse at that price for my adventure archives.

I'd like to digitize my copies of Akiba's Trip, Estival Versus, and God Eater 2. I'd also take a sale on Blue Reflection and Nonary Games.

I will be so happy if there are reasonable prices for Week 5 on God Eater 2, Toukiden: Kiwami and/or Hyper Light Drifter.
Toukiden Kiwami is a weird one, cheapest the PS4 version has ever been on PSN is $24 yet you can usually find the physical version used between $10 and $20. Thought about just buying one of those copies a few times but with MH world nearly here I figure I'll just wait longer and see if it ever drops to a lower digital price.

What Remains of Edith Finch, Night in the Woods, Horizon Zero Dawn, Nier Automata, Ys VIII are the big ones. Plenty of others I'd grab at the right price but those 8 semi reasonable will be mine.

What Remains of Edith Finch, Night in the Woods, Horizon Zero Dawn, Nier Automata, Ys VIII are the big ones. Plenty of others I'd grab at the right price but those 8 semi reasonable will be mine.
Hopefully there are some Sony spies on this thread who will give us what we want. Personally, I'm waiting for Horizon Zero Dawn and NieR Automata to drop down in price in physical format (probably by end of year), because I honestly can't deal with any more huge games on my poor 500GB hard drive.

I'm finding these digital releases really frustrating when your download speeds are moderate and your monthly data is capped. It kills any sort of spontaneity when I want to delve deep into my library. (Currently waiting 100 minutes for a 9GB game to download...)

games I want on sale, at least according to my wishlist

Tokyo 42

Polybius

Deathstate

Star Hammer

Necropolis

Shadow Complex

Mystery Chronilce [vita]
Fat City

and a large pile of PSP games

oh.  and the dungeon-y game that had modern ascii graphics... can't remember the name.

Really want Ys VIII PS4 to go on sale. Physical has not been going on sale and prices are actually as high as like $80 on eBay. Guess it also must have been limited in print.

I'd like that remaster of Rogue Galaxy to go on sale. I see that it's been on sale for $5-$7.50 in the past, so hopefully that'll happen again soon. Missed out on that one when it originally released on PS2 and have had this strange desire to play it, but never got around to it.

Anybody have any recommendations for real-time party-based hack and slash JRPGs that would be like Rogue Galaxy?

I may sell my unopened Bloodborne copy and just get the $13 digital deluxe. Am I taking too great a risk here? I heard it’s super difficult.
The difficulty if these from soft games are so overblown it’s ridiculous. They are tough but fair, generally speaking. And if you die it’s almost always because of mistakes made by the player. Everyone talks about the difficulty of these games but there’s so much more to them. Get past the initial learning curve and it’s not that hard. Just punishing of mistakes. And it’s some of the best gaming in the past decade.

Anybody have any recommendations for real-time party-based hack and slash JRPGs that would be like Rogue Galaxy?
Don't think there is really anything similar on the sale right now to be honest. There are plenty of action rpgs or action games with light rpg elements but I don't think there is a full blown JRPG with action combat that is also party based. 2 of the Star Ocean games were on sale which would be the closest thing but that seems to be over.

Really want Ys VIII PS4 to go on sale. Physical has not been going on sale and prices are actually as high as like $80 on eBay. Guess it also must have been limited in print.
I don't think it's too limited since I just checked Best Buy and Gamestop and they still have stock. Hopefully you guys holding out get a sale but I would recommend it even at full price since it's such a great game.

I don't think it's too limited since I just checked Best Buy and Gamestop and they still have stock. Hopefully you guys holding out get a sale but I would recommend it even at full price since it's such a great game.
I think it's worth holding out on. Not because it's a bad game, but because the fixed localization patch should come out soon (probably within a couple months). It'll have a better script and voice overs. Really no point playing it until the patch is released, it's so close to being finished.

I fucking hated Everybody's Gone to the Rapture. However, I'd highly recommend people play it. Not really sure how to square that.

The difficulty if these from soft games are so overblown it’s ridiculous. They are tough but fair, generally speaking. And if you die it’s almost always because of mistakes made by the player. Everyone talks about the difficulty of these games but there’s so much more to them. Get past the initial learning curve and it’s not that hard. Just punishing of mistakes. And it’s some of the best gaming in the past decade.
In the past decade? Sold.

I cannot be the only person who has noticed that all the reviews or stars, have been removed from the PSN store. I assume some kind of glitch or something occured.

I think it's worth holding out on. Not because it's a bad game, but because the fixed localization patch should come out soon (probably within a couple months). It'll have a better script and voice overs. Really no point playing it until the patch is released, it's so close to being finished.
Yeah, I had forgotten about the localization patch. I really didn't have a problem with the original localization outside of the descriptions of an item or two being wrong but I am not as picky about that kind of thing as some.

In the past decade? Sold.
In my opinion, and a lot of other people too, the from soft games (demon souls, dark souls, bloodborne) have been some of the most innovative and best games to come around in a long time. Their take on gaming has directly inspired many other games both indie and big budget creations.

The difficulty of the games gets bandied around to the point that it’s basically a selling point or advertisement for them. But I feel the difficulty is overblown most of the time (there’s a few bosses in each game that you can argue are too hard). The games are so much more than just their difficulty. Yes they’re tough and you will die a lot. But the beauty of the games are that your deaths are tools to make you better. You adapt your strategy, learn from your mistakes, try new tactics, get better at the gameplay, read your opponent better, or avoid getting into the same situation. Through that you get better.

At the same time there’s a fascinating world of history and lore around you. It’s subtle, just under the surface, you can ignore it and just play the game, enjoying the gameplay on the surface, but just below that there’s a whole world that you can easily miss because they don’t spell it out for you. You need to search for it piece by piece by reading item descriptions that slowly, over the course of the game, flesh out a background and story that you may have only slightly noticed or understood.

So yes, it’s some of the best gaming in the past decade. For me it’s some of the best gaming I have ever experienced in my 30 or so years of gaming. Get past the difficulty, just don’t give up and learn from your deaths. If you must, summon help. But do not let the difficulty scare you away. It’s efinitely manageable difficulty. I am not some super pro gamer, I suck at combo heavy multiple input fighting games for instance, but if I can manage to plat bloodborne, almost anyone can.

Someday I want to try at least Bloodborne. I tried Dark Souls on the 360 and while I loved the setting and how pretty it looked, I got frustrated and didn't continue trying. I want to get into those games though because I love medieval RPGs.

Someday I want to try at least Bloodborne. I tried Dark Souls on the 360 and while I loved the setting and how pretty it looked, I got frustrated and didn't continue trying. I want to get into those games though because I love medieval RPGs.
I encourage everyone to at least try them. Dark souls games are slower and require more patience. Bloodborne, in comparison, allows for more active combat. Both should be considered slower paced compared to most action/rpg games though. Your actions need to be deliberate and more planned as hack and slash almost always goes badly.

Hopefully there are some Sony spies on this thread who will give us what we want. Personally, I'm waiting for Horizon Zero Dawn and NieR Automata to drop down in price in physical format (probably by end of year), because I honestly can't deal with any more huge games on my poor 500GB hard drive.
You know those games get installed on your HD anyway, regardless of whether they are physical. Either replace that drive with a 2TB one, or add a USB drive.

I fucking hated Everybody's Gone to the Rapture. However, I'd highly recommend people play it. Not really sure how to square that.
I'm playing it right now and so far I'm enjoying it, it seems to have a decent science fiction story behind it despite the biblical title. Of course it's a walking simulator so don't expect any real gameplay, just an interactive story.

I'm playing it right now and so far I'm enjoying it, it seems to have a decent science fiction story behind it despite the biblical title. Of course it's a walking simulator so don't expect any real gameplay, just an interactive story.
Biggest problem with that game imo was your move speed. Like holy crap that world was massive but you moved so slow even when holding down the run button.

Also it's really easy to miss out on a lot of stuff without a guide. I played it normally then went back for the plat using a guide and it was crazy how much of the game I didn't see. Some of the event triggers are really arbitrary. Made me wish I'd just used a guide from the start.

YS VIII did drop briefly during Black Friday. PS4 version fell to about $40 at GS and Amazon. Only lasted a day or so though.

YS VIII did drop briefly during Black Friday. PS4 version fell to about $40 at GS and Amazon. Only lasted a day or so though.
Not sure how I missed that. Might have snagged it even though it isn’t that much better than the $47.99 with GCU. Maybe I saw it and hoped BB would also put it on sale.

Still irritates me that just the Vita version was on sale on PSN during the holidays.

Probably will get it when some more Best Buy certs come in — particularly those $10 ones for doing instore pick up because otherwise I’m actually in negative point territory with holiday returns.

Wait, I assumed this was the last week? So we have one more? 5 weeks total?

Shit. I can't find any discounted PSN credit anywhere right now and I'm almost tapped. :(

You know those games get installed on your HD anyway, regardless of whether they are physical. Either replace that drive with a 2TB one, or add a USB drive.
I've wondered about that actually. If you have the physical disc, does it install the entire game data to your HD? If so, why does it still require me to insert the disc before I can play? I always thought that's a hindrance.

I've wondered about that actually. If you have the physical disc, does it install the entire game data to your HD? If so, why does it still require me to insert the disc before I can play? I always thought that's a hindrance.
Yeah, it installs the whole thing. You need the disc to verify that you still own the game.

So you don't rent a game. return it, and are able to still play it.

You didn't think this through very well.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

You didn't think this through very well.
106363-Im-a-little-embarrassed-gif-An-Vwqf.gif

Those bastards think of everything.

Makes perfect sense, now. I should have switched to digital a long time ago.

106363-Im-a-little-embarrassed-gif-An-Vwqf.gif

Those bastards think of everything.

Makes perfect sense, now. I should have switched to digital a long time ago.
With digital you actually get to share with another person so it's like getting 2 of the same game to play with someone else.

You only get to share with another person if you make their console your primary which has plenty of downsides should the internet or psn ever go down.

You only get to share with another person if you make their console your primary which has plenty of downsides should the internet or psn ever go down.
I have two PS4s in the same house so I'm all good. I have no idea how two different households share games. I use it to play with my son or wife.

Still has value if your internet is crap, makes it easy to install/uninstall without having to worry about long download times. Only have to download patches instead.
Have you see the size of the latest patches? If you have shitty internet you're fucked either way.

Its not like Xbox that it kicks one person off if they both play the same game at the same time?
Nope.

My brother and I do this. We buy games and have access to them at the same time. He bought Diablo 3 a while back and we have played together many times no problem.

Have you see the size of the latest patches? If you have shitty internet you're fucked either way.

Just depends on the game, lot of single player stuff (especially from JP devs) don't really have big patches. I reinstall KH 2.8 every once in a while for a playthrough of 0.2 and that patch is only like 900 mb or something.

Just depends on the game, lot of single player stuff (especially from JP devs) don't really have big patches. I reinstall KH 2.8 every once in a while for a playthrough of 0.2 and that patch is only like 900 mb or something.
You're right. All the stuff I've played has had over 3 gig ones. KH is a remaster so patches are small because of that. The new games have all been huge.

I have been playing Deus Ex and not sure how I feel about it. Two things that come to mind is that I have 0 interest in the plot. The other is this is the worst lip syncing I have ever seen in a AAA title. Also, I hate how the takedowns are mini cutscenes. It is extremely jarring, but I think human revolution did that too.

I have been playing Deus Ex and not sure how I feel about it. Two things that come to mind is that I have 0 interest in the plot. The other is this is the worst lip syncing I have ever seen in a AAA title. Also, I hate how the takedowns are mini cutscenes. It is extremely jarring, but I think human revolution did that too.
Human Revolution did do that and I can see why some people find it annoying but I find it bizarrely satisfying

Almost every Tales / Star Ocean / Grandia? How has no one mentioned Tales? I guess there's always WRPGs like Dark Alliance and Dungeon SIege. And if you go further back, Secret of Mana and its immediate sequel.

For anyone who has an external hard drive for your ps4 do you turn off the ps4 when your done gaming or turn off the external hard drive first then the ps4?
Shouldn't you always turn off the system first, unless you eject? Or get a drive that's powered through USB 3.0 instead of externally?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back