PSN Weekly Deals - 4/10: Rockstar Sale! $20 Owlboy, $14 Aegis Defenders, $10 Thimbleweed Park, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Index

Current Deals - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 8 AM PT/11 AM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
Ending Soon
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

April’s PS+ Games - Ends 5/1/18

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: 99Vidas

:ps4:  :ps3: In Space we Brawl

:ps4: Mad Max

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted

:ps3: Toy Home

PSVR  :ps4: TrackMania Turbo

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT

:ps4: Dragon's Crown Pro - $44.99 - 10% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

:ps4: Guns of Icarus Alliance: PS4 Edition - $11.24 - 25% Off - Pre-order ends 5/1

:ps4: The Swords of Ditto - $17.99 - 10% Off - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31/18

:ps4: To Leave - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 4/24

:ps4: Trailblazers - $23.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 5/8

:ps4: We Happy Few - $50.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31
:ps4: We Happy Few Digital Deluxe - $67.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Blue-Collar Astronaut - $4.99 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 5/29

:ps4:  :vita:  Rogue Aces - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove - $19.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/18

PS4 - [customspoiler="PSVR Note"]PSVR :ps4: means the game is playable with or without PSVR.[/customspoiler]

Aegis Defenders - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 4/24 N

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Anima: Game of Memories - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/25

Anoxemia - $4.79 - 40% Off - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Castles - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Crazy Strike Bowling EX - $6.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Demon's Crystals - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/24

Ginger: Beyond the Crystal - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Heart & Slash - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Injustice 2 - $23.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Injustice 2 Legendary Edition - $47.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Nightmare Boy - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Streets of Red: Devil's Dare Deluxe - $7.19 - 20% Off - Ends 4/26

PSVR Time Carnage - $15.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Deluxe Edition - $27.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Gold Edition - $32.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Standard Edition - $23.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Vostok Inc - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Zenith - $8.99 - 55% Off - Ends 4/25

PS3

Wicked Monsters Blast! HD - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

Vita PS TV Compatibility

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS1 Classics - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Minis - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Constructor

Crossout

Horizon Zero Dawn

Orcs Must Die! Unchained

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

Warframe

PS3 Add-ons

N/A

Vita Add-ons

N/A

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Over the months, you played: 1006 hours

Here are your top most-played games of 2017:
#1 STARDEW VALLEY 163 hours
#2 AGENTS OF MAYHEM 82 hours
#3 FAR CRY 4 81 hours

Your top genre is: Action-Adventure

In 2017, you earned a total of: 844 trophies

In 2017, you downloaded: 60 free games and saved $155.09 in discounts

I guess I got my money's worth.

I rarely ever post but wanted to share my info:

Your path began on January 1 2017 when you played FAR CRY PRIMAL, and the first trophy you earned while playing was:
    BEES!

Over the months, you played: 1309 hours
over 47 different games, while making the most progress in December with 152 hours of gameplay.

#1 - CALL OF DUTY INFINITE WARFARE: 527 hours
#2 - MINECRAFT PLAYSTATION4 EDITION: 145 hours
#3 - MAFIA III: 71 hours

Your top genre is: First Person Shooter

In 2017, you earned a total of: 501 trophies
(Psst, that puts you in the top 10% off all trophy earners! Way to go!)

February was your highest trophy-earning month with 74 trophies.

You also earned your very first platinum trophy in 2017
A Symphony of Horror Trophies while playing UNTIL DAWN.

In 2017, you downloaded: 70 free games and saved $27.54 in discounts.

SF V players: any of you using arcade sticks and which one? Isn’t there an adapter that can be bought as well? I’ve got the Soul Calibur stick for the 360 I still really like.

SF V players: any of you using arcade sticks and which one? Isn’t there an adapter that can be bought as well? I’ve got the Soul Calibur stick for the 360 I still really like.
Brooks converter, about $35-40. Adds lag, from less than a frame to a lot, depending on the stick you're using. Unsure about the Soul Calibur stick.

While the other 2017 stats are somewhat interesting, as a CAG, the only one that really matters is:

"You downloaded 73 free games and saved $260.79 in discounts".  So much winning.  Bigly.

"In 2017, you downloaded 10 free games and saved $52.69 in discounts."

Sometimes I feel like a DAG.

Dang, I only saved $37.99. I feel like I’m not fulfilling my duty of buying Games I don’t have time for.

Where do people see the savings stats? I browsed my path again and do not see it.
You have to click the link in the email. It's all the way at the bottom. I think it only calculates if you have/had PS+.

psn.png

By the way, anyone else curious what Frisky's stats are? He's being uncharacteristically cagey.

X-Morph Defense is a solid game.   It's half top down shmup, half tower defense.   Really polished.   Fantastic physics - city destruction is fun, and a large structure can topple and permanently block a path.  Pathing and all that is very fluid - you can drop towers pretty much anywhere, you don't feel restricted in any way.  [With one exception - obviously, you can't close all paths].   Every thing feels great too, even with lasers and explosions all over the screen, enemies exploding into collectable debris, and buildings toppling.

Your towers will do their fair share of destruction, but you'll need to play clean up, occasionally save the day, and most importantly go into 'ghost mode' [indestructable but no weapons] so you can suck up enemy debris to build more towers during the next wave break.   While fighting, you have many weapons to cycle through - lasers, bullets, bombs, missiles, each with a different charge attack.

Nice range of difficulty settings, and the game is well balanced.   You -really- feel the back and forth of pure action during waves, and heavy duty tactical planning between waves... and both are done really well, both in 'feel' and interface.

Oh, and it's got couch coop. 

If you like TD and shooters, grab this one.

I checked out the link and it looks like it has been updated to show that it is now available on the U.S. Store. I still don't see it listed as available to download yet for some reason.
It is available. I purchased and downloaded it earlier. Purchased as in free purchase lol

It is available. I purchased and downloaded it earlier. Purchased as in free purchase lol
Thanks for the info. I will check it out after work. Have you had the chance to play at all? If so how is it? I know its a Beta but just wondering your initial reaction. Thanks

Thanks for the info. I will check it out after work. Have you had the chance to play at all? If so how is it? I know its a Beta but just wondering your initial reaction. Thanks
Nah I am at work. Game looks like a heap of shit to be completely honest. Konami is using the Metal Gear name as a cash grab but I don't think many are falling for it. I am a HUGE Metal Gear fan and own every variant of the games across every platform. I am debating buying it though because of the "Metal Gear" title and just because I like to buy stupid shit haha. Shit ain't Metal Gear though. There are quite a few live streams on YouTube right now of it. Check them out if you can.

Finally fired up Infamous First Light, to test out the PS4 HDR, and boy does that game look pretty. Seem very fun too.
Tangent question: How does either PS4 Infamous (the base game or its quasi-DLC) hold up in 2018...? Enjoyable?

I played the first two games on PS3, but never got around to the PS4 entries - even though I have both. (You know: backlog.)

Tangent question: How does either PS4 Infamous (the base game or its quasi-DLC) hold up in 2018...? Enjoyable?

I played the first two games on PS3, but never got around to the PS4 entries - even though I have both. (You know: backlog.)
Fantastic. Look and play great. They're a bit shallow by open world definition, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Just don't expect GTA level details.

Nah I am at work. Game looks like a heap of shit to be completely honest. Konami is using the Metal Gear name as a cash grab but I don't think many are falling for it. I am a HUGE Metal Gear fan and own every variant of the games across every platform. I am debating buying it though because of the "Metal Gear" title and just because I like to buy stupid shit haha. Shit ain't Metal Gear though. There are quite a few live streams on YouTube right now of it. Check them out if you can.
I love Metal Gear as well but the co-op focus in Survive is a big turn-off for me. Hopefully we'll get a good single-player focused game again someday.

So the PlayStation EU Facebook page finally changed their name to PlayStation Europe (instead of confusingly Sony PlayStation, while the US page was just PlayStation). They also have a flash sale this weekend too. Fingers crossed we get the same.

I love Metal Gear as well but the co-op focus in Survive is a big turn-off for me. Hopefully we'll get a good single-player focused game again someday.
As much as we would hope, this probably won't happen with Kojima gone and Konami focused on mobile games. I feel they would just ruin it anyway, unless it was a spinoff title like Rising which won't impact the main story as much.

Wow...this sucks. I'm already seeing deals for games I paid more for. Like Hidden Agenda for $4.99...ouch.

Ugh, I thought I was done spending money. I'm guessing there's going to be one or two too tempting to pass up.

Wow...this sucks. I'm already seeing deals for games I paid more for. Like Hidden Agenda for $4.99...ouch.

Ugh, I thought I was done spending money. I'm guessing there's going to be one or two too tempting to pass up.
I couldn't agree more... I thought I was done for a while as well but here we go again. I am sure I will see a few that will get added to my backlog.

They're both AAA, so if you like Infamous, and you already own them, both are no-brainers. Go play. The first is more polished than the originals, but has slightly less things to do. The variety in powers makes up for it.

The DLC features a great character from the game. Great powers, again, and a lot of the story allows for an 'arena' based setting. I thought this arena was really great - it really focused on combat, powers, etc, and it allowed them to add a significant amount of gameplay [combat] to the DLC.

I'd probably play them both again someday if they were remastered on PS5 or something.

Hidden Agenda for $4.99? Looks like I’ll be returning the unopened physical copy I got for $11.99 with GCU.
Sadly, I think my $14.99 sealed copy is past the return date.

I'm seeing Jazzpunk: Director's Cut for $4.49 now. I distinctly remember paying $8.54 for it a few weeks ago during the Holiday sale, with the extra PS+ discount no less.

And an Oxenfree + Theme bundle is going for $4.83, whereas I just got the game itself for $4.99. Little shit like this really pisses me off.

^^ The only reason I am able to return it is being Elite Plus and purchased in the holiday period. Have until Feb. 13.

Sadly, I think my $14.99 sealed copy is past the return date.

I'm seeing Jazzpunk: Director's Cut for $4.49 now. I distinctly remember paying $8.54 for it a few weeks ago during the Holiday sale, with the extra PS+ discount no less.

And an Oxenfree + Theme bundle is going for $4.83, whereas I just got the game itself for $4.99. Little shit like this really pisses me off.
Buy games at the price you're willing to pay and don't worry about it if it comes up cheaper later.

No reason to stress your body over a theme you were likely to never use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back