PSN Weekly Deals - 4/10: Rockstar Sale! $20 Owlboy, $14 Aegis Defenders, $10 Thimbleweed Park, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Index

Current Deals - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 8 AM PT/11 AM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
Ending Soon
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

April’s PS+ Games - Ends 5/1/18

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: 99Vidas

:ps4:  :ps3: In Space we Brawl

:ps4: Mad Max

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted

:ps3: Toy Home

PSVR  :ps4: TrackMania Turbo

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT

:ps4: Dragon's Crown Pro - $44.99 - 10% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

:ps4: Guns of Icarus Alliance: PS4 Edition - $11.24 - 25% Off - Pre-order ends 5/1

:ps4: The Swords of Ditto - $17.99 - 10% Off - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31/18

:ps4: To Leave - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 4/24

:ps4: Trailblazers - $23.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 5/8

:ps4: We Happy Few - $50.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31
:ps4: We Happy Few Digital Deluxe - $67.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Blue-Collar Astronaut - $4.99 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 5/29

:ps4:  :vita:  Rogue Aces - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove - $19.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/18

PS4 - [customspoiler="PSVR Note"]PSVR :ps4: means the game is playable with or without PSVR.[/customspoiler]

Aegis Defenders - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 4/24 N

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Anima: Game of Memories - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/25

Anoxemia - $4.79 - 40% Off - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Castles - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Crazy Strike Bowling EX - $6.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Demon's Crystals - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/24

Ginger: Beyond the Crystal - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Heart & Slash - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Injustice 2 - $23.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Injustice 2 Legendary Edition - $47.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Nightmare Boy - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Streets of Red: Devil's Dare Deluxe - $7.19 - 20% Off - Ends 4/26

PSVR Time Carnage - $15.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Deluxe Edition - $27.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Gold Edition - $32.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Standard Edition - $23.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Vostok Inc - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Zenith - $8.99 - 55% Off - Ends 4/25

PS3

Wicked Monsters Blast! HD - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

Vita PS TV Compatibility

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS1 Classics - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Minis - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Constructor

Crossout

Horizon Zero Dawn

Orcs Must Die! Unchained

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

Warframe

PS3 Add-ons

N/A

Vita Add-ons

N/A

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Any thoughts on Street Fighter V? Is it worth getting the Arcade Edition now plus eventually the season 3 pass or better off to wait for a likely "Ultra" or some such version that contains all of the characters?
I would bet big money that Capcom will inevitably release a "Complete" version of SFV with everything included, but it also depends how long you want to wait: when the game was first launched, Ono (or one of the other producers who had a major role in the game's development) stated that they planned on supporting SFV to the point where it has the largest roster of any other SF game to date (USF4 had 44 characters, just for reference). Here's the article:

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016/nov/25/if-capcom-stays-course-street-fighter-5-will-have-largest-roster-franchises-history-2020/

Come on flash sale! Come on flash sale! No whammy no whammy STOP!
giphy.gif

So I guess we're waiting for the Great Indoors sale to end first? It's kind of troubling since the Easter sale started everywhere except North America, but it makes sense that there wouldn't be two sales concurrently. I was wondering why last week's sale period lasted from 3/13-3/27.

With the 20% coupon I have achieved the holy grail!

rnQOz2R.png
Now comes the really hard part: walking away FOREVER. ;)

It's finally coming:

https://twitter.com/PixelJunkNews/status/977230479987322880

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgtKJwTc40U

They're livestreaming it in a few minutes:

https://www.twitch.tv/spike_chunsoft

Let us know how Titan Quest is. Seems like the port got some pretty harsh reviews for bugs and other issues. A shame because I was interested in picking it up.
There are some bugs like textures not loading properly, sounds not always playing (mainly when you drink a potion), not being able to add points into my mastery until I rebooted the game and the music playing really loudly all of a sudden. I don't know if the issues some have with the movement is something that's able to be fixed. I got used to it pretty quickly though.

My main issue is with the enemy targeting. Sometimes it works fine and at other times the game will just not let me target the enemy I want to attack. Recently had a battle with three bosses at once and the game just did not want to let me target the weakest one. Only way I could target it was if I isolated it but as soon as another boss came close, the game switched me to that boss and wouldn't let me switch back to the one I actually wanted to attack without leading the other 2 bosses away first.

It's a good game at its core but you might want to stick with the PC version if you are able. It goes on sale on Steam for a few bucks fairly often. I have the original version from 2006 on disc as well as the Anniversary Edition on Steam but wanted to play with a controller plus support hopes for a sequel. I am a bit disappointed.

You don’t need a lot of reflexes to beat the game. It helps but every time you die you should learn something about what killed you. You should be able to start recognizing attack patterns and wind ups so that you can anticipate the appropriate dodge or counter. You don’t need to work faster. Learn, adapt, and then anticipate and you can beat anything in the game. I’m 40 and have never been good at twitchy quick reaction games like fighting games, but I beat bloodborne just fine with only a little help from summoning other players.

But that’s another option. Go to a bloodborne reddit or PS4 community and ask for help. There’s still a LOT of people willing to help you out. No hunter is ever alone.
I may have 30 minutes to play anything when i fire up the ps4/xbox etc. If I have to spend it learning something that I will have to re learn when I get the chance to play again (which can be weeks... PS4 was turned on the other day for the first time since mid january) I just walk away.

i'm older than you ;) , a tendon in my right hand is so screwed up right now that holding a controller hurts after about 5 minutes. and that was just playing burnout paradise.

The weather's getting better, so gaming will be dead till late fall soon... I spend most of my time outdoors, i just spend the ugly wintertime indoors.

Oh, so the NA Easter sale isn't likely to start until 3/27.

I am waiting for that sale to buy djmax, under night, and possibly monster Hunter just in case one of those goes on sale. If I don't see any of these for sale in other regions now is it pretty unlikely it will go on sale in NA?

I may have 30 minutes to play anything when i fire up the ps4/xbox etc. If I have to spend it learning something that I will have to re learn when I get the chance to play again (which can be weeks... PS4 was turned on the other day for the first time since mid january) I just walk away.
i'm older than you ;) , a tendon in my right hand is so screwed up right now that holding a controller hurts after about 5 minutes. and that was just playing burnout paradise.

The weather's getting better, so gaming will be dead till late fall soon... I spend most of my time outdoors, i just spend the ugly wintertime indoors.
So if you only play for 30 minutes maybe once every couple months and only in the winter why are you complaining about a game being hard? Even if there was an easy mode it would take you ten years to play through it.

Because during the winter months i can actually sit down and play for a while, rest of the year... maybe 30 minutes every week or so.

Wintertime i have sat on the couch and played multiple games the entire day, like i used to be able to do all the time. 

And the only time to play i've had since mid january i've spent with the Switch instead cause it's portable.

Remember, i just seconded the wish that the game had an easier mode.

Because during the winter months i can actually sit down and play for a while, rest of the year... maybe 30 minutes every week or so.
Wintertime i have sat on the couch and played multiple games the entire day, like i used to be able to do all the time.
And the only time to play i've had since mid january i've spent with the Switch instead cause it's portable.

Remember, i just seconded the wish that the game had an easier mode.
Now I'm curious how you spend your free time or get your entertainment during spring and forward.

Now I'm curious how you spend your free time or get your entertainment during spring and forward.
ATV, dirt bikes, camping, Ham, work, firearms, fishing, boating, etc. If it's outdoors, i'm doing it.

Hate snow and any activity that requires going out in it since i'm stuck in it 10-12 hours a day 6 days a week during the winter.

ATV, dirt bikes, camping, Ham, work, firearms, fishing, boating, etc. If it's outdoors, i'm doing it.
Hate snow and any activity that requires going out in it since i'm stuck in it 10-12 hours a day 6 days a week during the winter.
I have not done half of those things but I'd like to maybe one day I will.

Forgot Whiskey.

Wait.. thats year round..

vrpmbt.png

If video games are truly ART, then the developers should put in a incredibly easy difficulty with invincibility and super strength just so we can all see the story and what they were aiming to achieve.  Imagine reading a book and halfway through, the words are instead in cryptograms, a movie which suddenly is in the ǃXóõ language, etc.  Those things are art and can be enjoyed by all.

I've been playing video games since they only came in black and white.  I was really good at them.  

I'm just not that fast and skilled anymore.  My reaction time is worse, I forget which button is square and which is circle (a lot) and I just forget which button does which command.  

It sucks.  I was great at GTA Vice City and a mess in GTA IV.  

I've lowered the difficulty in Wolfenstein 2 a couple of times already.  I'm still in Manhattan in the game.   How much harder is it going to get!?

You crafted a world and have a story to tell?  Give me a laidback story mode where I don't have to GIT GUD.  

Yeah, maybe it a bit hyperbolic what I'm asking for but watching a Let's Play isn't the same experience.

Games are an interactive art; playing is an important part of the experience as well.

I do understand wanting an optional easier play mode, but a God Mode would be like an artist scribbling down on the back of his pieces exactly what he was going for in that work. The end result is neutered and at best you're left thinking, "huh. Neat."

If you want to understand an art piece, there are books for that; if you want to view a game, there are Let's Plays. But I'm not sure the actual gameplay experience should be compromised to be more accessible, even if it's optional. Especially for a game that prides itself on difficulty.

You're right, playing is an important part.  A Let's Play removes that aspect completely.

I can enjoy looking at a painting, movie or book and not understand all of the nuances but still get the general idea, even if it is more simplistic.

Guardians of the Galaxy was about killing the bad guy...and was also about recognizing the importance that being part of a family makes you stronger. 

Also remember, we paid money to not get the full experience.  If I had to go to the dictionary to look up every word on the last 100 pages, I shouldn't have wasted my money on the book.  Yes, I know, reviews tell you if a game is hard.  Watching a cutscene or set piece online is one experience, watching a guy kill 1000 demons is less satisfying.  Me killing 50 demons with little risk is likely more satisfying than never playing a great game.

If I can't kill the giant Nazi death murder massive bot in the ruins of New York, I can't EVER experience the rest of the game except for watching someone else do it.  I haven't played Bloodborne yet.  Maybe I'm great at it.  I used to be great at Nightmare Creatures in the day.

Developers shouldn't compromise their vision but a minimally active (I still have to swing and kill and dodge) may still have benefits for some people.  Actually maybe my whole argument is moot for non-story games.   Should Cuphead have an easier mode?  If it was more accessible, would more people buy it? 

The Konami code exists for a reason though...so people can make it to the end of the game.

"Huh, neat" is better than "..." because I can't experience at all.  

If video games are truly ART, then the developers should put in a incredibly easy difficulty with invincibility and super strength just so we can all see the story and what they were aiming to achieve. Imagine reading a book and halfway through, the words are instead in cryptograms, a movie which suddenly is in the ǃXóõ language, etc. Those things are art and can be enjoyed by all.

I've been playing video games since they only came in black and white. I was really good at them.
I'm just not that fast and skilled anymore. My reaction time is worse, I forget which button is square and which is circle (a lot) and I just forget which button does which command.

It sucks. I was great at GTA Vice City and a mess in GTA IV.
I've lowered the difficulty in Wolfenstein 2 a couple of times already. I'm still in Manhattan in the game. How much harder is it going to get!?

You crafted a world and have a story to tell? Give me a laidback story mode where I don't have to GIT GUD.

Yeah, maybe it a bit hyperbolic what I'm asking for but watching a Let's Play isn't the same experience.
Because LPers tend to yell, mock, laugh at their own jokes, and make it not enjoyable.

Then there’s DSP and he takes it to an extreme

I would argue playing that super easy difficulty isn't the same experience and changes the art. Not all art is accessible and that's okay.

You're right, playing is an important part. A Let's Play removes that aspect completely.
I can enjoy looking at a painting, movie or book and not understand all of the nuances but still get the general idea, even if it is more simplistic.
Guardians of the Galaxy was about killing the bad guy...and was also about recognizing the importance that being part of a family makes you stronger.

Also remember, we paid money to not get the full experience. If I had to go to the dictionary to look up every word on the last 100 pages, I shouldn't have wasted my money on the book. Yes, I know, reviews tell you if a game is hard. Watching a cutscene or set piece online is one experience, watching a guy kill 1000 demons is less satisfying. Me killing 50 demons with little risk is likely more satisfying than never playing a great game.

If I can't kill the giant Nazi death murder massive bot in the ruins of New York, I can't EVER experience the rest of the game except for watching someone else do it. I haven't played Bloodborne yet. Maybe I'm great at it. I used to be great at Nightmare Creatures in the day.
Developers shouldn't compromise their vision but a minimally active (I still have to swing and kill and dodge) may still have benefits for some people. Actually maybe my whole argument is moot for non-story games. Should Cuphead have an easier mode? If it was more accessible, would more people buy it?

The Konami code exists for a reason though...so people can make it to the end of the game.
"Huh, neat" is better than "..." because I can't experience at all.
There are difficulty options with books as well. If a certain book is beyond your current reading level, your options are to come back to it when your skills have developed, you read through by going through a dictionary (as you mentioned) and learning, or drop the book completely.

Konami codes existed because of the difficulty of games back then, which were far more difficult in comparison. Also, there were plenty of games without an actual story that utilized those codes so you definitely weren't experiencing that aspect anyway.

I actually kind of see both sides of the difficulty argument: on the one hand, the feeling of accomplishment and satisfaction after beating an incredibly difficult game by spending hours, days, weeks, months and/or even years playing to learn enemy patterns, how to solve puzzles, finding secret paths and items...there’s no euphoria quite like it. On the other hand, although I know I wouldn’t feel the same if I accomplished that goal via cheats THE FIRST TIME I played through it, there are many people out there (my brother is one of them) who have no problem throwing in a God mode code or Gameshark code or whatever to make the game super easy to play through and beat, and get the exact same fun and enjoyment out of it the way I did. People are different, which is fine, and just because I like playing through a game through at least once the legit way doesn’t mean that’s the only way to enjoy it.

I think we're ignoring the more important question. Ham?

Anyone know when that 20% off code from watching the MLB The Show video needs to be used by?

I may give mine away to someone if I can't find something expensive to buy in time.  Right now all I got is the Burly Men game.

With the hype around Yakuza 6, I’m really hoping 0 is going to be on sale this coming week for the supposed giant Easter blowout. I want to join in the action. I already own Kiwami and I have 5 on my PS3 from +.

Been playing MLB The Show 18 and it's a nice improvement over last year's game. They revamped progression for Road to the Show, so your attributes just improve as you play well in those areas of your game or when regress when you don't without gathering XP to spend on improving specific attributes. I continued my Road to the Show pitcher from last year's game, which prompted me to pick an Archetype for my pitcher that artificially caps certain attributes that that archetype would not be as proficient in as others. I made my pitcher a flame thrower pitcher that had already maxed out my fastball's speed attribute, so that's just naturally where I was headed anyway. They still have the bug where my guy's glasses bug out in the RttS menus when they show your player model without glasses on, which is annoying since that was in last year's game.

For those that enjoyed Retro Mode in last year's game, you can play every game in Franchise mode in the retro style so you can have all of the franchise management stuff behind that classic style of gameplay for a more substantial experience, if that's what you want.

Diamond Dynasty seems like it has received a big improvement to the Challenge "Programs" that just give you a variety of tasks to do in exchange for profile XP, card packs, and in-game currency since there are a bunch more in there than were in last year's game to reward you for doing more things. I wish they had some of that in the other modes to have some more profile rewards for doing things in Franchise or Road to the Show.

Has anyone been able to confirm that if you use the 20% code from the MLB The Show quest and/or the 20% code sent via e-mail that one code will not work based on the timeframe per account?  I'm tempted to use a 20% code this week on some cheaper items, but am debating to hold off if we can't use both codes.  Anyone know?  Thanks in advance for any help.

Has anyone been able to confirm that if you use the 20% code from the MLB The Show quest and/or the 20% code sent via e-mail that one code will not work based on the timeframe per account? I'm tempted to use a 20% code this week on some cheaper items, but am debating to hold off if we can't use both codes. Anyone know? Thanks in advance for any help.
It's been confirmed that you can use both codes on two separate transactions. You just can't stack them.

Has anyone been able to confirm that if you use the 20% code from the MLB The Show quest and/or the 20% code sent via e-mail that one code will not work based on the timeframe per account? I'm tempted to use a 20% code this week on some cheaper items, but am debating to hold off if we can't use both codes. Anyone know? Thanks in advance for any help.
Literally answered five posts up, but someone else said they were able to do it so take that for what it's worth.

Let us know how Titan Quest is. Seems like the port got some pretty harsh reviews for bugs and other issues. A shame because I was interested in picking it up.
It sounds like Killbomb has played more than me so far, but the game does have some rough edges. I too have played and enjoyed the PC version, but I wanted to be able to play with a friend who doesn't do PC gaming. I haven't yet had trouble with monster targeting, but targeting items when there are multiple things on the ground is definitely an issue. I also couldn't get a healing spell in Nature Mastery to work correctly, and the game crashed on me after a few hours of running the server. I'm hoping they will patch some of these issues, but we'll see how it goes.

I like playing walking sims for easy trophies/achievements............but damn Everbody's Gone to the Rapture is probably the boringest/ most drug out one I've played. And seems you have to play it more then once to get all the trophies.  -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back