PSN Weekly Deals - 4/10: Rockstar Sale! $20 Owlboy, $14 Aegis Defenders, $10 Thimbleweed Park, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Index

Current Deals - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 8 AM PT/11 AM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
Ending Soon
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

April’s PS+ Games - Ends 5/1/18

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: 99Vidas

:ps4:  :ps3: In Space we Brawl

:ps4: Mad Max

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted

:ps3: Toy Home

PSVR  :ps4: TrackMania Turbo

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT

:ps4: Dragon's Crown Pro - $44.99 - 10% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

:ps4: Guns of Icarus Alliance: PS4 Edition - $11.24 - 25% Off - Pre-order ends 5/1

:ps4: The Swords of Ditto - $17.99 - 10% Off - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31/18

:ps4: To Leave - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 4/24

:ps4: Trailblazers - $23.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 5/8

:ps4: We Happy Few - $50.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31
:ps4: We Happy Few Digital Deluxe - $67.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Blue-Collar Astronaut - $4.99 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 5/29

:ps4:  :vita:  Rogue Aces - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove - $19.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/18

PS4 - [customspoiler="PSVR Note"]PSVR :ps4: means the game is playable with or without PSVR.[/customspoiler]

Aegis Defenders - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 4/24 N

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Anima: Game of Memories - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/25

Anoxemia - $4.79 - 40% Off - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Castles - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Crazy Strike Bowling EX - $6.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Demon's Crystals - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/24

Ginger: Beyond the Crystal - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Heart & Slash - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Injustice 2 - $23.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Injustice 2 Legendary Edition - $47.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Nightmare Boy - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Streets of Red: Devil's Dare Deluxe - $7.19 - 20% Off - Ends 4/26

PSVR Time Carnage - $15.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Deluxe Edition - $27.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Gold Edition - $32.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Standard Edition - $23.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Vostok Inc - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Zenith - $8.99 - 55% Off - Ends 4/25

PS3

Wicked Monsters Blast! HD - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

Vita PS TV Compatibility

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS1 Classics - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Minis - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Constructor

Crossout

Horizon Zero Dawn

Orcs Must Die! Unchained

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

Warframe

PS3 Add-ons

N/A

Vita Add-ons

N/A

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nine games on the latest sale? This has to be one of the worst sales since the post-holiday wasteland. Shame I redeemed the MLB 20% off code, because it looks like I won't be using it.

Hi guys when it says the 20% off code expire 3/30. Does that mean it expires at midnight tonight or do u have until midnight tomorrow night? Have not done one before like this so was wondering how it works. Thanks.

Hi guys when it says the 20% off code expire 3/30. Does that mean it expires at midnight tonight or do u have until midnight tomorrow night? Have not done one before like this so was wondering how it works. Thanks.
It specifically says 3/30/18 11:59 PM PT. Which means until right before midnight tomorrow night if you're on the west coast or right before 3:00 AM tomorrow night/Saturday morning (however you wanna consider it) on the east coast.

No way bro you'd download the Easter DLC Pack where he comes back to life plus there's the 12 other teammates you can build your party from.
Aside from Sephiroth, are there many other examples of JRPGs where you can waste time leveling up a party member, only to have them leave and become one of the antagonists? I'm sure there are, but I'm not well-versed enough in the genre.

EDIT: My mistake, I misremembered. FF VII is one of the most overrated games anyway (IGN lists it at 99 on their Top 100 Games of All-Time, which is too high), so no harm done.

Aside from Sephiroth, are there many other examples of JRPGs where you can waste time leveling up a party member, only to have them leave and become one of the antagonists? I'm sure there are, but I'm not well-versed enough in the genre.
I don't recall sephiroth being able to level. You have that flashback sequence with him in the party but that's scripted.

There are a number of games where characters leave the party but fewer where they become antagonists. You can likely find a list on tv tropes. Posting any of the games where this happens would likely be considered a spoiler. But I know a couple games where this happens off hand.
seymore from ffx of course again scripted battle and it's the only time you can see his limit break. seifer from ff8 isn't as scripted though. kain from ff4 but he returns to the party at the end of the game iirc. tales of destiny leon magnus/emelio katrea leaves the party after part 1, asch from tales of abyss but he was only temp in the party in part 2 and you can get him back in part 3 via a sidequest, both kratos and zelos from tales of symphonia though it depends on which story route you take, richard from tales of graces but only during parts 2 and 3 of the main story arc. he returns as a party member in the expansion future arc. You can bypass losing him as a party member via narikiri dolls thankfully which is nice because he's one of the best playable characters.klause/xeno from stella glow, random characters in lost dimensions since who betrays you is rng

These are the ones that came to mind.

don't worry. Judas takes care of himself in the Regretful Shame expansion.

I've heard mention of a 'cooldown period' before being able to use a second 20% off code from a similar source to the first (such as the two codes recently given away at live.playstation.com). If so, does anyone know for how long do they make you wait before being able to use the second code?

30th and the 31st of this month.

Still have the one for the 30th left for whoever needs one.
If that 20% off code is from the Far Cry 5 promotion and is still available, I have a friend who could use it.

???

It's somewhat common in Final Fantasy, but Sephiroth wasn't one of them.

Heck, Kain Highwind does face-turn-heel-turn-face-turn-heel-turn-face. Not a waste to level him, though, it all works out eventually.

I don't recall sephiroth being able to level. You have that flashback sequence with him in the party but that's scripted.

There are a number of games where characters leave the party but fewer where they become antagonists. You can likely find a list on tv tropes. Posting any of the games where this happens would likely be considered a spoiler. But I know a couple games where this happens off hand.
seymore from ffx of course again scripted battle and it's the only time you can see his limit break. seifer from ff8 isn't as scripted though. kain from ff4 but he returns to the party at the end of the game iirc. tales of destiny leon magnus/emelio katrea leaves the party after part 1, asch from tales of abyss but he was only temp in the party in part 2 and you can get him back in part 3 via a sidequest, both kratos and zelos from tales of symphonia though it depends on which story route you take, richard from tales of graces but only during parts 2 and 3 of the main story arc. he returns as a party member in the expansion future arc. You can bypass losing him as a party member via narikiri dolls thankfully which is nice because he's one of the best playable characters.klause/xeno from stella glow, random characters in lost dimensions since who betrays you is rng

These are the ones that came to mind.
Since I'm replaying the game right now, I can think of one more ally-turned-enemy:

Algus/Argath in FF Tactics/FFTWotL can be leveled up in those battle he's with you in Chapter 1, but then he eventually leaves towards the end before killing Delita's sister in the final battle of Ch. 1.

Since I'm replaying the game right now, I can think of one more ally-turned-enemy:

Algus/Argath in FF Tactics/FFTWotL can be leveled up in those battle he's with you in Chapter 1, but then he eventually leaves towards the end before killing Delita's sister in the final battle of Ch. 1.
A more current example, from just last year.

In the 'betrayal' telegraphed from the trailers even, and then again in the opening sequence of the game, in Persona 5, Goro Akechi turns on the team and becomes a boss fight.Before that though, you can level him up and waste money buying equipment for him as well.

Question for you guys since I can't seem to find a definitive answer with a google search beyond Sony saying to download cross buy games and a few people saying go to your download list to grab cross buy games.  If I have a Vita do I actually have to connect it to the PS3/PS4 to download cross buy games or can I grab them over wifi?  I ask because I only have a Playstation TV and a PS3 that I acquired very recently so remote play is not an option.  I'm also fairly certain there's no way to connect the two for a transfer.

I have bought a fair number of cross-buy games for my Vita and have never connected the Vita to the PS3/4 to download them. I believe that there are some PSP games, playable on the Vita, that you must first download to a PS3/4 to get them on the Vita. But I think those games you cannot even see on the PS Store from your Vita. If you can access the store page from your PSTV, I believe you'll be able to download that game. That's how it works on the Vita. I dont have a PSTV so I cannot speak to that *specific* hardware.

someone should make a Jesus RPG.
That's pretty amazing. From the makers of Oedipus Dating Sim!

I've heard mention of a 'cooldown period' before being able to use a second 20% off code from a similar source to the first (such as the two codes recently given away at live.playstation.com). If so, does anyone know for how long do they make you wait before being able to use the second code?
I'm concerned about this too. I've been trapped in the 20% off loop and I don't think it goes away for two months. Apparently we can use the first two 20% codes consecutively just fine (MLB and email), but what about the Far Cry code? I would like to save some possibility for future sales since this month mostly sucks.

Any thoughts on Asemblance
It's a cool concept, but you're going to need a walkthrough (and a stopwatch) to beat it. Trust me.

I have bought a fair number of cross-buy games for my Vita and have never connected the Vita to the PS3/4 to download them. I believe that there are some PSP games, playable on the Vita, that you must first download to a PS3/4 to get them on the Vita. But I think those games you cannot even see on the PS Store from your Vita. If you can access the store page from your PSTV, I believe you'll be able to download that game. That's how it works on the Vita. I dont have a PSTV so I cannot speak to that *specific* hardware.
psvtv wise it lets you download stuff you cant play so i wouldn't be surprised

Question for you guys since I can't seem to find a definitive answer with a google search beyond Sony saying to download cross buy games and a few people saying go to your download list to grab cross buy games. If I have a Vita do I actually have to connect it to the PS3/PS4 to download cross buy games or can I grab them over wifi? I ask because I only have a Playstation TV and a PS3 that I acquired very recently so remote play is not an option. I'm also fairly certain there's no way to connect the two for a transfer.
Huh? Crossbuy games work just like any other game. You can dl from the store page on your vita, or your download list, or push a dl from the web. Crossbuy just means you get more than one version/platform of the game.
[That is, if you buy ps4 you get vita and vice versa]

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/03/29/introducing-a-new-tv-video-discovery-experience-on-ps4/

They've overhauled the TV & Video part of the PS4 dashboard to have one central place for seeing what's available to watch and on what service.

Starting today, the TV & Video experience on PlayStation 4 is getting a complete refresh in the U.S. The new design puts content front and center, making it easier for you to discover and watch the best movies and TV shows available across your favorite streaming services, such as Netflix, Prime Video, Hulu, and YouTube, in addition to PlayStation Video and PlayStation Vue.
  • Browse in one place – You can now find trending content or discover new movies, TV shows, live TV events and user-generated content from your favorite video services in a single place, without jumping in and out of apps. TV & Video is now a central destination for exploring content and easily renting, purchasing, or subscribing to services that give you access to the content you want to watch.
  • Featured and Spotlight categories – The ‘Featured’ section shows you a mix of the best content from various video services. We also have a ‘Spotlight’ section that shows you popular content based on a rotating theme, such as “Superheroes” or “Award Season.”
  • Personalized YouTube experience – You can link your YouTube account to your PlayStation Network account to get personalized recommendations in the YouTube section. Personalized recommendations for other services are coming soon too!
  • Currently trending live channels on PlayStation Vue – The PlayStation Vue section shows you live channels that are most popular now in your area. PS Vue subscribers get one-click access to the livestreams and the content shown will be tailored to your subscription plan.
  • Direct app access – With the updated interface, you still have fast access to the video apps you use most, a full list of all available video services, and your PlayStation Store video library in ‘My Videos.’

Some new deals:

:ps4: Rock Band 4 - "Iris" by Goo Goo Dolls - $1.49 - 25% Off - Ends 4/3

:ps4: Rock Band 4 - "One Big Holiday" by My Morning Jacket - $1.49 - 25% Off - Ends 4/3

:ps4: Rock Band 4 - "Stop and Stare" by OneRepublic - $1.49 - 25% Off - Ends 4/3

:ps4: Rock Band 4 - "Where Is My Mind?" by Pixies - $1.49 - 25% Off - Ends 4/3

:ps4: Rock Band 4 - "Yellow" by Coldplay - $1.49 - 25% Off - Ends 4/3

:ps4: Shiny Deluxe Edition - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 4/4

Freebies:

:ps4: LEGO Worlds - Showcase Collection Pack 1 - Free

:ps4: Rock Band 4 - Bonus Tracks - Free

New Releases:

PSVR Preta: Vendetta Rising - $19.99

:vita: Reverie - $12.99

anybody play A Hat in Time or Snake Pass?
Dude, a hat in time is a fantastic 3D platformer. Well worth the money. There will be free DLC coming out at a later date.

I was worried I’d be too frustrated by snake pass to pick it up. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Has anyone experienced this PS4 Pro / Dualshock issue?

Just got a PS4 Pro, installed the new hard drive, did the transfer from the original PS4, everything good.  Except the Dualshock.  If I hit the PS button to wake up the PS4 Pro from Rest Mode, everything works fine.  However, if I hit the PS button to turn on the PS4 Pro from powered-off mode, it will turn the PS4 on, and the Dualshock will remain lit up, but the PS4 Pro won't "assign" to me, and the little banner that would originally show my keyboard icon and controller/battery icon simply won't show the controller/battery icon.  So the PS4 Pro won't accept any input from the controller. This happens with both my Dualshocks, so it's definitely not a Dualshock issue here...

Just got a PS4 Pro, installed the new hard drive, did the transfer from the original PS4, everything good. Except the Dualshock. If I hit the PS button to wake up the PS4 Pro from Rest Mode, everything works fine. However, if I hit the PS button to turn on the PS4 Pro from powered-off mode, it will turn the PS4 on, and the Dualshock will remain lit up, but the PS4 Pro won't "assign" to me, and the little banner that would originally show my keyboard icon and controller/battery icon simply won't show the controller/battery icon. So the PS4 Pro won't accept any input from the controller. This happens with both my Dualshocks, so it's definitely not a Dualshock issue here...
Have you tried plugging them in with a USB cable and syncing them that way?

I would suggest pushing the reset button on the back of the controller and syncing it up with a USB cable.

Have you tried plugging them in with a USB cable and syncing them that way?

I would suggest pushing the reset button on the back of the controller and syncing it up with a USB cable.
Yep. In fact, it was plugged into the USB port the very first time I turned it on from the controller and discovered this issue. I then tried disconnecting both Dualshocks via the Devices screen, powering down the PS4 Pro, resetting both controllers using the button on the back of the controller, and then one-by-one attaching it to the PS4 Pro via USB and syncing it up after turning it on. Same deal. PS button powers on the system but the system won't accept it as being assigned. Incidentally, if I push the pin to reset the controller after I've turned on the system with it, it will successfully turn it off and allow me to push the PS button to then assign and use it. Just not during bootup. :(

When you buy a Crossbuy game, you usually get two versions in your Download list, a PS4 version and a PS3/Vita one. You can download the latter directly from your Vita.

Just got a PS4 Pro, installed the new hard drive, did the transfer from the original PS4, everything good. Except the Dualshock. If I hit the PS button to wake up the PS4 Pro from Rest Mode, everything works fine. However, if I hit the PS button to turn on the PS4 Pro from powered-off mode, it will turn the PS4 on, and the Dualshock will remain lit up, but the PS4 Pro won't "assign" to me, and the little banner that would originally show my keyboard icon and controller/battery icon simply won't show the controller/battery icon. So the PS4 Pro won't accept any input from the controller. This happens with both my Dualshocks, so it's definitely not a Dualshock issue here...
Weird. That's happened to me twice in the last week or two with one of my dualshocks on my slim. After turning off the console, though, it turned it on and registered fine. It never happened before that. I wonder if it's a bug in the new firmware or something.

Been debating about possibly picking up Absolver or the Observer. Has anyone played these games and are they worth it for the current sales prices? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back