PSN Weekly Deals - 4/10: Rockstar Sale! $20 Owlboy, $14 Aegis Defenders, $10 Thimbleweed Park, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Index

Current Deals - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 8 AM PT/11 AM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
Ending Soon
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

April’s PS+ Games - Ends 5/1/18

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: 99Vidas

:ps4:  :ps3: In Space we Brawl

:ps4: Mad Max

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted

:ps3: Toy Home

PSVR  :ps4: TrackMania Turbo

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT

:ps4: Dragon's Crown Pro - $44.99 - 10% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

:ps4: Guns of Icarus Alliance: PS4 Edition - $11.24 - 25% Off - Pre-order ends 5/1

:ps4: The Swords of Ditto - $17.99 - 10% Off - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31/18

:ps4: To Leave - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 4/24

:ps4: Trailblazers - $23.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 5/8

:ps4: We Happy Few - $50.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31
:ps4: We Happy Few Digital Deluxe - $67.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Blue-Collar Astronaut - $4.99 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 5/29

:ps4:  :vita:  Rogue Aces - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove - $19.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/18

PS4 - [customspoiler="PSVR Note"]PSVR :ps4: means the game is playable with or without PSVR.[/customspoiler]

Aegis Defenders - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 4/24 N

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Anima: Game of Memories - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/25

Anoxemia - $4.79 - 40% Off - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Castles - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Crazy Strike Bowling EX - $6.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Demon's Crystals - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/24

Ginger: Beyond the Crystal - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Heart & Slash - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Injustice 2 - $23.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Injustice 2 Legendary Edition - $47.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Nightmare Boy - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Streets of Red: Devil's Dare Deluxe - $7.19 - 20% Off - Ends 4/26

PSVR Time Carnage - $15.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Deluxe Edition - $27.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Gold Edition - $32.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Standard Edition - $23.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Vostok Inc - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Zenith - $8.99 - 55% Off - Ends 4/25

PS3

Wicked Monsters Blast! HD - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

Vita PS TV Compatibility

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS1 Classics - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Minis - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Constructor

Crossout

Horizon Zero Dawn

Orcs Must Die! Unchained

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

Warframe

PS3 Add-ons

N/A

Vita Add-ons

N/A

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
With everyone avoiding releasing on or after RDR2 date, September looks to be the new October this year. Dragon Quest XI, Spider-Man, and Tomb Raider so far--wonder if any other releases jump on the early bandwagon and choke each other out for sales.
I kind of wish Square would push Dragon Quest's release to after the holidays. They already have a fall release in Tomb Raider, plus January/February seems to be a good time for these Japanese releases when they can duck the big money competition and get more coverage.

https://twitter.com/IOInteractive/status/981518538971209728

New physical version of Hitman Season 1 coming out (published by Warner Bros). Includes all the stuff from the first physical release (bonus episodes, Blood Money pack) plus GOTY content (mostly Patient Zero campaign) and three new costumes.

Haven't picked up the GOTY stuff myself, but I'm still overwhelmed at just how much more stuff I have to do in this game. I'll definitely pick up season 2 on release because it really was a well supported game with lots of content.
https://www.polygon.com/2018/4/4/17197174/hitman-definitive-edition-release-date-io-interactive-warner-bros

Thanks for heads up. I've been intrigued by this game, but haven't picked it up yet.

https://twitter.com/IOInteractive/status/981518538971209728

New physical version of Hitman Season 1 coming out (published by Warner Bros). Includes all the stuff from the first physical release (bonus episodes, Blood Money pack) plus GOTY content (mostly Patient Zero campaign) and three new costumes.

Haven't picked up the GOTY stuff myself, but I'm still overwhelmed at just how much more stuff I have to do in this game. I'll definitely pick up season 2 on release because it really was a well supported game with lots of content.
So what is the actual difference between this Definitive Edition and the Steelbook Season 1 Edition that came out last year? I thought it already included all that shit to begin with?

So what is the actual difference between this Definitive Edition and the Steelbook Season 1 Edition that came out last year? I thought it already included all that shit to begin with?
First Season disc includes Prologue + episodes 1-6 on disc with 3 bonus missions (Landslide, Icon, and A House Built on Sand) and Requiem Pack (a suit and a few weapon unlocks) on unlock codes in the case (which would mean you wouldn't get them if you bought the game used).

After that was released they released new content and created a GOTY edition. That edition included a new 4 mission campaign on existing maps called Patient Zero as well as 3 new costumes and 3 new weapons (that you could unlock by doing 3 new escalation contracts). The definitive edition presumably has proglogue + Episode 1-6, the bonus missions, and all of the extra GOTY content on the disc.

If you buy the First Season disc, you can still buy the GOTY upgrade by purchasing it via the in-game store, recently it was on sale for $8. so if they start clearancing out the First season disc in order to make room for the Definitive Edition you are probably better off purchasing that and then waiting for another sale on the GOTY upgrade on PSN.

edit: I just read the info page, one thing that will be included in the Definitive version that GOTY edition / First season disc owners will have to pay for is an anniversary outfit pack with 3 outfits inspired by Io Interactive's other past franchises. There's also the slim chance that the definitive edition may have it's own trophy list + a plat this time.

AnniversaryOutfits-1000x1000.png

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/04/04/russian-subway-dogs-barks-to-ps4-ps-vita-this-year-with-some-new-friends/

Russian Subway Dogs is coming to PS4 and Vita later this year. They've got some cool cameos featuring dogs, cats, and other creatures from other indie games like Uay Chivo from Guacamelee and the Nidhogg from Nidhogg 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30RgX6dljIo

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/04/04/first-person-puzzler-the-spectrum-retreat-launches-this-summer-on-ps4/

The Spectrum Retreat is coming to PS4 this Summer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTum9MZpf2w

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/04/02/city-of-brass-coming-to-ps4-may-4/

City of Brass is coming to PS4 on 5/4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBen29oApuc

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/04/02/chasm-lands-on-ps4-ps-vita-this-summer/

Chasm is coming to PS4/Vita this Summer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjD4l3cLOY8

i'm glad to be a weeb and the only day 1 september release i'm lookin at is dragon quest. Plus i'm sure it'll tie me over until other fall releases start goin on sale for the holidays.

edit: I just read the info page, one thing that will be included in the Definitive version that GOTY edition / First season disc owners will have to pay for is an anniversary outfit pack with 3 outfits inspired by Io Interactive's other past franchises.
Considering how the game is played I'm surprised at the number of costumes they release. I'm always in a new outfit a couple minutes into a mission unless I'm going for a suit only challenge, and I assume most other people are the same.

I kind of wish Square would push Dragon Quest's release to after the holidays. They already have a fall release in Tomb Raider, plus January/February seems to be a good time for these Japanese releases when they can duck the big money competition and get more coverage.
Don't even speak of a DQ XI delay! :D July or early August would have been perfect since there is almost nothing else coming out and the game would have had the full spotlight.

I've never fully understood why June and July are mostly dead for bigger releases. I mean, I get that the holiday season generally offers more opportunities for sales, but given other publishers' trepidation in releasing then, a good game could do really well with no other competition then. Sort of reminds me of the situation Dying Light found itself in a few years ago. It was supposed to be released during the holiday period but got delayed until January, when there wasn't as much competition. In January, it was well received and did really well then. If it had been released in the original holiday window, I don't think it would have done nearly as well.

Dragon Quest really should have aimed for the summer,. a jrpg is the perfect summer time killer. Putting it up against their own release in Tomb Raider and also Spider-Man and whatever else falls in that month is going to be rough.. and I really want it to be a huge success.

I've never fully understood why June and July are mostly dead for bigger releases. I mean, I get that the holiday season generally offers more opportunities for sales, but given other publishers' trepidation in releasing then, a good game could do really well with no other competition then. Sort of reminds me of the situation Dying Light found itself in a few years ago. It was supposed to be released during the holiday period but got delayed until January, when there wasn't as much competition. In January, it was well received and did really well then. If it had been released in the original holiday window, I don't think it would have done nearly as well.
Well I guess it's a good thing that Spider-man is being released in June then!? I am sure it will do very well. I wonder if that was planned to avoid going up against other big blockbusters like Call of Duty: Black Ops IIII and Red Dead Redemption 2 . However even though Sony released a bombardment of AAA exclusive games at the beginning of the 2017, they didn't have any big releases for the holidays and it hurt them a bit.

10tons announced their new game called Undead Horde, which is an action-RPG where you're a necromancer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eF5MZ-oDb8s

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/04/05/its-official-spyro-reignited-trilogy-soars-to-ps4-september-21/

Spyro Reignited Trilogy is coming to PS4 on 9/21.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFD22Yru-UU

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/04/05/divinity-original-sin-2-is-coming-to-ps4/

Divinity: Original Sin 2 is coming to PS4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTBHFU6L38c

Well I guess it's a good thing that Spider-man is being released in June then!? I am sure it will do very well. I wonder if that was planned to avoid going up against other big blockbusters like Call of Duty: Black Ops IIII and Red Dead Redemption 2 . However even though Sony released a bombardment of AAA exclusive games at the beginning of the 2017, they didn't have any big releases for the holidays and it hurt them a bit.
Spider-Man is out in September, unless they messed up their announcement yesterday and changed it.

Spider-Man is out in September, unless they messed up their announcement yesterday and changed it.
You're probably right. Not sure where I got June from. But I agree I'm not sure why more games don't release in the summer when kids are off for a few months from school.

You're probably right. Not sure where I got June from. But I agree I'm not sure why more games don't release in the summer when kids are off for a few months from school.
I'm guessing they feel like everyone is supposed to be outside or on vacation or something along those lines.. that said last summer seemed to break that mold.. here are some of the big releases last summer:

Tekken 7 - June 2

Dirt 4 - June 6

Wipeout Omega Collection - June 6

Arms - June 16

Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy - June 30

Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age - July 11

Splatoon 2 - July 21

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice - August 8

Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 - August 8

Agents of Mayhem - August 15

Sonic Mania - August 15

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy - August 22

Pretty decent line up for what is normally a drought period.. and this list didn't include a bunch of smaller titles that came out during that time like Pyre, Nex Machina, and so on..

I still have yet to buy Divinity Original Sin (every time it goes on sale I debate too long) but next time it does I'm snatching it up. So it's pretty cool to see that Divinity Original Sin 2 is finally getting ported to consoles. Love me some RPGs.

I still have yet to buy Divinity Original Sin (every time it goes on sale I debate too long) but next time it does I'm snatching it up. So it's pretty cool to see that Divinity Original Sin 2 is finally getting ported to consoles. Love me some RPGs.
Do it!!! I played it on PC but bought it on the PS4 to play it again on my couch. Highly recommended.

Some new deals:

:ps4: Raiders of the Broken Planet - Alien Myths Bundle - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/11

:ps4: :ps3: Rock Band 4 - "Blue Sky" by The Allman Brothers Band - $1.49 - 25% Off - Ends 4/10

:ps4: Rock Band 4 - "Cheerleader (Felix Jaehn Remix)" by OMI - $1.49 - 25% Off - Ends 4/10

:ps4: :ps3: Rock Band 4 - "Could You Be Loved" by Bob Marley and the Wailers - $1.49 - 25% Off - Ends 4/10

:ps4: Rock Band 4 - "Every Morning" by Sugar Ray - $1.49 - 25% Off - Ends 4/10

:ps4: Rock Band 4 - "Summertime Boy" by Seasick Steve - $1.49 - 25% Off - Ends 4/10

:ps4: UFC 3 - $35.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/9

:ps4: UFC 3 Deluxe Edition - $47.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/9

Freebies:

:ps4: 3on3 FreeStyle - 2018 PlayStation Plus Bonus Pack April - Free

:ps4: Atelier Lydie & Suelle - Atellier Series BGM Pack - Free

:ps4: Atelier Lydie & Suelle - Gust Titles BGM Pack - Free

:ps4: Gravel - Free car BMW X6 Trophy Truck - Free

:ps4: Rock Band 4 - Free Pack 01 - Free - Might be free only for those that got this pack for Rock Band on the PS3 back in the day

New Releases:

:ps4: Dangun Feveron - $34.99

:ps4: Flight of Light - $8.99

:ps4: Impact Winter - $19.99

:ps4: Metropolis: Lux Obscura - $7.99

:vita: Metropolis: Lux Obscura - $7.99

:ps4: Raining Coins - $5.99

They removed the deals page from the PS+ section of the webstore, so there will probably be some missed items if that's a permanent thing since not everything went in the general All Deals section of the webstore.

I'm guessing they feel like everyone is supposed to be outside or on vacation or something along those lines.
That's what I always thought which makes little sense to me since I doubt many gamers actually spend a lot of time outside during the summer. I know we had one person recently post in the thread that he won't have any times for games during the summer since he'll be doing things outside but I don't recall anybody else echoing that sentiment.

All I know is that once June rolls around here it's just too damn hot to be outside longer than it takes to walk to and from the air conditioned car. Best time to be inside playing video games to me for sure.

That's what I always thought which makes little sense to me since I doubt many gamers actually spend a lot of time outside during the summer. I know we had one person recently post in the thread that he won't have any times for games during the summer since he'll be doing things outside but I don't recall anybody else echoing that sentiment.

All I know is that once June rolls around here it's just too damn hot to be outside longer than it takes to walk to and from the air conditioned car. Best time to be inside playing video games to me for sure.
You're 100% right. Also, I think it is pretty much common knowledge that there are more kids gaming (and for longer periods of time) during the summer. Streamers know this to be true btw.

I let one expire because there was nothing I wanted. Then my Far Cry code became unavailable because I didn't know you had to generate the code before it was too late. I kinda got screwed coming and going..

Don’t expect it before 2020 and it will probably be PS5
No kidding, the only thing that actually got Kojima to put a bow on a game and ship it was Konami. As much as I enjoyed MGS5, it was still far from "finished". I wonder how much influence Sony will have over the process.

The thing to consider here is we haven't even seen any gameplay for Death Stranding. Everyone just assumes it will be just like Metal Gear Solid, but who knows? It could be a Pac-Man clone with bizarre cutscenes.

No kidding, the only thing that actually got Kojima to put a bow on a game and ship it was Konami. As much as I enjoyed MGS5, it was still far from "finished". I wonder how much influence Sony will have over the process.

The thing to consider here is we haven't even seen any gameplay for Death Stranding. Everyone just assumes it will be just like Metal Gear Solid, but who knows? It could be a Pac-Man clone with bizarre cutscenes.
tumblr_l5se1iTR0T1qz4w1go1_500.jpg

I don't think anybody assumes it'll be just like Metal Gear Solid. They're enjoying that it's something weird and different from what he's made over the past 30 years.

I don't think anybody assumes it'll be just like Metal Gear Solid. They're enjoying that it's something weird and different from what he's made over the past 30 years.
And again, how do we know? To the contrary, it could be exactly like Metal Gear Solid as well, or one of his other games. People are excited over bizarre cutscenes for which no one has any context. Even his caginess over it is pretty much exactly like what he did for MGS5 at the beginning.

I just don't get that people are salivating over a game and the release date in which they have zero idea what kind of game or genre it is going to be. Sure, one could say people got excited over things like Metroid Prime 4 being just a title screen, but at least then we kinda know what kind of game it will be.

And again, how do we know? To the contrary, it could be exactly like Metal Gear Solid as well, or one of his other games. People are excited over bizarre cutscenes for which no one has any context. Even his caginess over it is pretty much exactly like what he did for MGS5 at the beginning.

I just don't get that people are salivating over a game and the release date in which they have zero idea what kind of game or genre it is going to be. Sure, one could say people got excited over things like Metroid Prime 4 being just a title screen, but at least then we kinda know what kind of game it will be.
Because his entire career all he wanted to do was move away from MGS ever since the release of 2 but Konami pretty much strong armed him to make more. He sometimes got away with games like Zone of the Enders and Revengence and more recently P.T. Kojima games are story focused first and foremost, that's why 5 was such a disappointment for most people because it wasn't finished and they didn't get the Kojima experience that they wanted. Now that there's a game that he himself wanted to create with as much passion as he did the first MGS, it is worth the hype.

Because his entire career all he wanted to do was move away from MGS ever since the release of 2 but Konami pretty much strong armed him to make more. He sometimes got away with games like Zone of the Enders and Revengence and more recently P.T. Kojima games are story focused first and foremost, that's why 5 was such a disappointment for most people because it wasn't finished and they didn't get the Kojima experience that they wanted. Now that there's a game that he himself wanted to create with as much passion as he did the first MGS, it is worth the hype.
That's the ironic part, because he sucks at storytelling and is awesome at making great playing games. I was disappointed the second 25 missions were just retreads of the first 25, but man it was a great playing game with so much detail and freedom. I liked 5 WAY more than 4, because you spent so much time in 4 watching eggs cook and getting pointless exposition broken up with brief disjointed gameplay. And the parts of 5 where you got dropped into a warzone with only general objectives beat the Hell out of the parts crawling around the hospital.

I'm just worried (and what's been shown so far just reinforces this) that he goes full bore into a convoluted storyline with half hour cutscenes and doesn't have anyone with influence that says "Hey, we need to have an actual game here and we need to release it at some point while people still care".

You're getting awfully hung up on trying to nail down exactly what the game is when most people are just enjoying the ride of each new trailer adding a little bit more to the puzzle of whatever weird thing they're working on. It's fun being able to see Kojima and his team work on something that seems cool without a shitty publisher breathing down their neck to interfere with one of their only noteworthy series that was still active.

Where are people salivating about a release date? There's been no such thing announced and I'd imagine most want KojiPro to take their time and do it right.

Now that there's a game that he himself wanted to create with as much passion as he did the first MGS, it is worth the hype.
Yes. Metal Gear Solid was the first game I ever pre-ordered [from a store called Babbages]. I'm really curious to see what he does without Konami and see it only right to pre-order Death Stranding these 20 years later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back