PSN Weekly Deals - 4/10: Rockstar Sale! $20 Owlboy, $14 Aegis Defenders, $10 Thimbleweed Park, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Index

Current Deals - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 8 AM PT/11 AM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
Ending Soon
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

April’s PS+ Games - Ends 5/1/18

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: 99Vidas

:ps4:  :ps3: In Space we Brawl

:ps4: Mad Max

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted

:ps3: Toy Home

PSVR  :ps4: TrackMania Turbo

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT

:ps4: Dragon's Crown Pro - $44.99 - 10% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

:ps4: Guns of Icarus Alliance: PS4 Edition - $11.24 - 25% Off - Pre-order ends 5/1

:ps4: The Swords of Ditto - $17.99 - 10% Off - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31/18

:ps4: To Leave - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 4/24

:ps4: Trailblazers - $23.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 5/8

:ps4: We Happy Few - $50.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31
:ps4: We Happy Few Digital Deluxe - $67.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Blue-Collar Astronaut - $4.99 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 5/29

:ps4:  :vita:  Rogue Aces - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove - $19.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/18

PS4 - [customspoiler="PSVR Note"]PSVR :ps4: means the game is playable with or without PSVR.[/customspoiler]

Aegis Defenders - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 4/24 N

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Anima: Game of Memories - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/25

Anoxemia - $4.79 - 40% Off - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Castles - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Crazy Strike Bowling EX - $6.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Demon's Crystals - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/24

Ginger: Beyond the Crystal - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Heart & Slash - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Injustice 2 - $23.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Injustice 2 Legendary Edition - $47.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Nightmare Boy - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Streets of Red: Devil's Dare Deluxe - $7.19 - 20% Off - Ends 4/26

PSVR Time Carnage - $15.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Deluxe Edition - $27.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Gold Edition - $32.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Standard Edition - $23.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Vostok Inc - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Zenith - $8.99 - 55% Off - Ends 4/25

PS3

Wicked Monsters Blast! HD - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

Vita PS TV Compatibility

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS1 Classics - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Minis - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Constructor

Crossout

Horizon Zero Dawn

Orcs Must Die! Unchained

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

Warframe

PS3 Add-ons

N/A

Vita Add-ons

N/A

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll grab Until Dawn, maybe SOTN for play on Vita, but I'm saving my coupon, hoping a better sale hits later this month. I'll risk losing like 2.00 to not feel stupid when I could have saved 20 later.

The Invisible Hours non-VR version WILL be a free update to the existing version according to the dev on Twitter.

$11.99 with another 20% off. Bought!

Update comes out on 4/24.

Just Count Lucanor on both systems (for the tropheez) and possibly Invisible Hours for me. I'll refrain from using my last 20% discount code in hopes that we get something good for Golden Week or any other week before 4/30.

Likewise, I see a lot that I already own. But two things:

1. Thinking about finally getting TLoU Remastered. Played through it on the PS3, but never got a chance to revisit. It was going for $10 physical last BF, but I missed my chance to pick it up. I mean, it's a likely candidate for a PS+ title when TLoU 2 finally comes out, but I think $8 digital is the sweet spot. 

2. The Invisible Hours looks really interesting, even if it's not that interactive.

Thinking of getting The Invisible Hours and a few cheapies — The Park, Among the Sleep, TLoU Left Behind.

But debating on using my 20% coupon. And to maximize, considering Nights of Azure, Deception IV or the new Regalia game. Any thoughts on those three?

Thinking Yakuza: Dead Souls and Deadly Premonition Ultimate, and then switching to digital for Evil Within bundle and Alien Isolation bundle. The Darkest Dungeon DLC is pretty tempting since it's never been on sale individually before.

I'm really wanting to save my money for GoW though. I wish this was a regular Tuesday sale rather than a flash sale so I could get everything with my 20% off coupon.

Actually changed my mind and am going to just add Project Nimbus: Code Mirai to my haul. Aren’t too many mech games these days and seems to have good reviews on Steam. Also on sale for 20% off at $15.99 so adding that 20% coupon is good for me.

I was also hoping to use Aprils 20% coupon on either a Flash Sale or Golden Week but it doesn't seem likely that Golden Week will be in April. 

2017 Golden Week started April 29 to May 7 (sat to sun)

2017 Golden Week PSN sale May 2 to May 9 (tue to tue)

2018 Golden Week starts April 28 to May 6 (sat to sun)

It seems likely the 2018 Golden Week PSN sale starts on Tue May 1. 

I was also hoping to use Aprils 20% coupon on either a Flash Sale or Golden Week but it doesn't seem likely that Golden Week will be in April.

lalala_cant_hear_cat.jpg

Yep. Unless there is an unlikely second Flash sale to kick off Golden Week, it’ll probably start the day after the coupon expires. With The Invisible Hours and a few others I’m interested in, I think I’m going to use it now.

There are some good games in the flash sale.  Siren Blood curse and the house of the dead 4.  I am thinking siren and use the 20% coupon.

Just wanted to throw in my recommendation for The Invisible Hours. While it works great in VR, those who wait for the non-VR update won't necessarily miss out on much—it is indeed just kind of a tag-along movie experience. But it was just what I'd been looking to experience, and I hope there are more like it.

Converting my copy of last of us remastered to digital. Wondering if any of the associated dlc is worth adding. Can it be earned in game? Is it just cosmetics?

Thanks.

Converting my copy of last of us remastered to digital. Wondering if any of the associated dlc is worth adding. Can it be earned in game? Is it just cosmetics?

Thanks.
Not sure if there's a way to unlock the DLC weapons and perks through play. If there is I couldn't figure it out over dozens of hours of play. You can still use them in the preset loadouts, but you cant equip them in custom loadouts unless you buy the DLC.

Kind of a shitty pay to win scheme if you ask me, but the mp is still fun without them.

I see that the limbo/inside combo pack is back on sale for $8.99.  Is this the lowest it's been digitally?  I prefer physical copies of games and I know it was cheap a couple of months ago and I was going to buy it but something came up and I couldn't in time.  This seems like a game I would want my friends to borrow so have you seen it around the same price physical or should I just go ahead and get it for this price digitally? 

i dont normally preorder digital games, but i was looking to do that with God of War and use the 20% off. But when preordering, i see no way to use a coupon code. do i need to wait until the game is released if i want to use the code?

Omg. Thank you for pointing this out. This looks like some sort of modern version of wings of Fury, which was just an absolutely amazing game from way back when. I guess I'm going to have to check out reviews and pick this up

Edited to add... Well I read one review and now I'm off to definitely buy it. It got 9 out of 10 and sounds like exactly what I wanted, which is a modern, feature filled, content filled update of wings of Fury. Tons of modes, base takeovers, and even in air hijacks. Sold. Even full price it's worth it for me.
I plan to pick it up with a 20% off code before the sale ends. Just waiting to see if anything else I want goes on sale before then.

Dammit. Forgot about Rogue Aces. Here’s my planned haul ATM:

Rogue Aces
Project Nimbus: Code Mirai
The Invisible Hours
The Park
Among the Sleep

$38.59 after 20% coupon

I was thinking about getting Darkest Dungeon but then I kind of recall there is a newer/more DLC attached version coming out soon?
It's getting a physical release ("Darkest Dungeon: Ancestral Edition") on May 8th which will include both the Crimson Court and Shield Breaker DLCs. Not sure if it'll be available digitally.

The Crimson Edition (includes Crimson Court but not Shield Breaker) has been on sale on PSN for as low as $11.99 (PS+ price).

It's a pretty good sale. Unfortunately, as I'm scrolling down the list... Purchased Purchased Purchased Purchased Purchased etc.

Either that, or all the titles I'm interested in are on PS3. Looks like I'm settling on Blue Estate, Home and The Park. Doesn't seem like it's good enough to spend my 20% coupon on, and I don't want to jinx it in case something else better comes along in the next couple of weeks. What to do?

It's a pretty good sale. Unfortunately, as I'm scrolling down the list... Purchased Purchased Purchased Purchased Purchased etc.

Either that, or all the titles I'm interested in are on PS3. Looks like I'm settling on Blue Estate, Home and The Park. Doesn't seem like it's good enough to spend my 20% coupon on, and I don't want to jinx it in case something else better comes along in the next couple of weeks. What to do?
same spot. lets hold hands and wait a while more. HOLD. do not despair senpai

Don't forget it's also a TCGR:Wildlands free weekend through Sat night (14th @ 11pm PDT / 15th @ 2am EDT), with all SKU's of the game (and "Year 1 Pass") are massively on sale ... including the Gold Edition for $32.99 before 20% coupon.  The "Year 2 Pass" isn't currently on sale or bundled with a SKU, but it'll be cheap by this time next year. :lol:

If anyone likes Armored Core but not the customization aspect, check out Project Nimbus: Code Mirai. Played a bit and it’s a really fun mech shooter. Definitely hits the spot for me (love mech games but hate the micromanagement aspect of the AC games).

Don't forget it's also a TCGR:Wildlands free weekend through Sat night (14th @ 11pm PDT / 15th @ 2am EDT), with all SKU's of the game (and "Year 1 Pass") are massively on sale ... including the Gold Edition for $32.99 before 20% coupon. The "Year 2 Pass" isn't currently on sale or bundled with a SKU, but it'll be cheap by this time next year. :lol:
Thanks for the heads up. I'm interested in this game, but I unfortunately don't have time to try the free weekend this weekend. If I were to cold buy the Gold Edition, how does this game compare to Far Cry 5? I've gotten pretty bored of Far Cry 5 already (one region completely finished), but there are some nice QoL changes like the removal of the mini map.

It's getting a physical release ("Darkest Dungeon: Ancestral Edition") on May 8th which will include both the Crimson Court and Shield Breaker DLCs. Not sure if it'll be available digitally.

The Crimson Edition (includes Crimson Court but not Shield Breaker) has been on sale on PSN for as low as $11.99 (PS+ price).
Thanks for the explanation.. I have the base game but none of the DLC.. I was going to grab Crimson Court in this sale but think I'll wait and see if they offer a DLC pack down the line.

Not the biggest fan of the horror genre so this flash sale isn't great for me.. but I may grab Yakuza: Dead Souls just to see how bad (or good) it really is and maybe the Darkest Dungeon DLC even though I haven't played that game yet.. other than that..
I had fun with Dead Souls and it's actually the only Yakuza game where I've finished the story. Not the most polished game but worth a look if you enjoy the main series.

Not the biggest fan of the horror genre so this flash sale isn't great for me.. but I may grab Yakuza: Dead Souls just to see how bad (or good) it really is and maybe the Darkest Dungeon DLC even though I haven't played that game yet.. other than that..
Dead Souls is very good. The only problem is that it expects you to have played 2 and 4 because it has references to those. If you have then you will be at an advantage in the story, if not I don't think it would matter too much. It is a fun game and is pretty funny too. Well worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back