PSN Weekly Deals - 7/12: RePlay Sale! $8 N++, $8 Galak-Z, $8 Everybody's GttR, $4 Loud on Planet X, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Index

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 2 PM PT/5 PM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
X - Expires With Next Update
P - Permanent Price Drop
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

July's PS+ Games - Ends 8/2

:ps3: Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood

:ps3: Fat Princess

:ps4: Furi

:vita: Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines

:ps4: Paragon - PS+ Starter Pack

:psp: Prince of Persia: Revelation

:ps4: Saints Row: Gat out of Hell

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT unless otherwise noted

N/A

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Back to Bed Game & Dynamic Theme Bundle - $8.99 - 40% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/18

:ps4: :vita: Color Guardians - $5.99 - 60% Off - $4.49 - 70% Off - Ends 7/29

:ps4:  :vita: Corridor Z - $5.99 - 25% Off - Ends 7/19

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: CounterSpy - $7.49 - 50% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N

:ps4: :vita: Day of the Tentacle Remastered - $10.04 - 33% Off - Ends 7/22 N

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Hohokum - $7.49 - 50% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N
:ps4:  :ps3: Journey - $7.49 - 50% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N
:ps4:  :vita: Last Wings - $7.19 - 10% Off - Ends 8/12 N

:ps4:   :ps3:   :vita: Loot Strategy-Packed Bundle - $14.99 - 40% Off - $9.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/18 [customspoiler=Includes]Back to Bed for PS4/PS3/Vita, Q*Bert: Rebooted for PS4/PS3/Vita, and Whispering Willows for PS4/Vita.[/customspoiler]

:ps4:  :vita: PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate - $11.99 - 20% Off

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert: Rebooted - $7.49 - 25% Off - $5.99 - 40% Off - Ends 7/18

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Rogue Legacy - $8.49 - 50% Off - $6.79 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Sound Shapes - $4.99 - 50% Off - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Sound Shapes - Add-on Bundle - $4.99 - 50% Off - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N

:ps3:  :vita: Stealth Inc: A Clone in the Dark - $3.49 - 65% Off - $2.49 - 75% Off - Ends 7/19 N

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: The Swapper - $5.24 - 65% Off - $3.74 - 75% Off - Ends 7/19 N
:ps4:  :vita: Type:Rider - $7.19 - 10% Off - Ends 7/26 N

:ps4: :vita: Velocibox - $8.74 - 30% Off - $6.24 - 50% Off - Ends 7/18 N

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Whispering Willows Game and Theme - $8.74 - 30% Off - $6.24 - 50% Off - Ends 7/18

PS4

Attacking Zegata - $5.00 - 50% Off

The Banner Saga - $14.99 - 25% Off - Ends 7/19

The Banner Saga Complete Pack - $29.99 - 25% Off - $27.99 - 30% Off - Ends 7/19

The Banner Saga 2 - $17.99 - 10% Off - Ends 7/19

Daydreamer: Awakened Edition - $7.99 - 20% Off - Ends 7/19 N

Driveclub - $7.49 - 63% Off
Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition & Season Pass Bundle - $19.99 - 69% Off

Electronic Super Joy - $6.99 - 30% Off - Ends 9/20

Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N

Fluster Cluck - $4.99 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 7/18

Galak-Z - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N

Ghostbuster Ultimate Game and Movie Bundle - $58.49 - 10% Off - Ends 11/15

The Last Tinker: City of Colors - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 7/18

Lost Sea - $13.49 - 10% Off - Ends 7/19

Loud on Planet X - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 8/2 N

Masquerade: The Baubles of Doom - $4.94 - 67% Off - Ends 8/5

MilitAnt - $7.99 - 20% Off - Ends 7/26 N
N++ - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N

Paragon Challenger Founder's Pack - $47.99 - 20% Off - Ends 8/2

Paragon Master Founder's Pack - $79.99 - 20% Off - Ends 8/2

Push Me Pull You - $13.49 - 10% Off - Ends 7/18 N

Randal's Monday - $6.99 - 50% Off - $5.59 - 60% Off - Ends 7/25 N

Score Rush Extended - $9.59 - 20% Off - $8.39 - 30% Off - Ends 11/15

Soul Axiom - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 7/26

Super Mutant Alien Assault - $7.99 - 20% Off - Ends 7/18 N

PS3

DeathSpank: The Baconing - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 7/19 N
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off - Move Compatible

Master Reboot - $11.24 - 25% Off - $9.74 - 35% Off - Ends 7/29

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A
VitaPS TV Compatibility

Boss! - $1.99 - 60% Off - $1.49 - 70% Off - Ends 7/29

Gravity Badgers - $0.59 - 90% Off - Ends 7/29

HTR+ Slot Car Simulation - $7.99 - 20% Off

Super Blackout - $1.99 - 60% Off - $1.49 - 70% Off - Ends 7/19CAG Made N

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS1 ClassicsPS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Minis - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS4 Add-ons

DC Universe Online

Dead or Alive 5 Last Round

Driveclub

Electronic Super Joy

Kitten Squad

Neverwinter

Pirates: Treasure Hunters

PlanetSide 2

Warframe

PS3 Add-ons

Ace Combat Infinity

Dead or Alive 5 Last Round: Core Fighters

Vita Add-ons

My Singing Monsters

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
If you've waited this long to play RE2 I'd recommend just waiting for the remaster. PS1 level 3D graphics are rough to go back to especially if you don't need to.

Thoughts on the BloodRayne games? I tried a demo for Betrayal long ago and thought it was too difficult. How are the PS2 classics?
I liked Betrayal, but yes, the controls are a little loose and it can get difficult at times. The HP upgrades help with that some as does learning how to manage the crowds with your explosive saliva. My review

Thoughts on the BloodRayne games? I tried a demo for Betrayal long ago and thought it was too difficult. How are the PS2 classics?
They're nothing like Betrayal, really (which I finished and enjoyed, but it did have some punishing platforming). The PS2 classics are solid 3D platformer-meets-hack-and-slash type games with both supernatural and human enemies (you can actually jump onto them and suck their blood to restore your life).

It's been a while since I played the second (bought the ps2 classic of the first recently)...but I remember liking the first one a lot more (sort of more of an open level design where you have to explore and find your objectives). Both were good, though.

Edit: Btw, for extra fun, look up the cheat codes. Bloodrayne 1 has a fun "gratuitous dismemberment" cheat that results in body parts flying all over during blade combat.

http://www.harmonixmusic.com/blog/everything-you-need-to-know-about-previous-game-soundtracks-in-rock-band-4/

Harmonix has posted a lot of details about exports for Rock Band 4, including that Rock Band 3 is coming along for the ride hopefully by the big 12/8 update that they're working on. RB3 itself is going out of print as soon as retailers run out of stock of the physical version, so grab them while you can. The export itself is $14.99 and there are some important details on that:

• The Rock Band 3 export will be available for $14.99 for people that are verified purchasers of Rock Band 3 only.
  • We will be automatically verifying your purchase electronically, which means that you'll need to have bought a new copy and played Rock Band 3 for our export process to work. If, for some reason, our electronic check doesn't work for you, please contact our Customer Support portal here.
  • While the Rock Band 3 game is expiring, the export offer itself will be valid for the foreseeable future. As long as you have the game, you can take your time and we’ll give you plenty of notice before the export offer is set to expire.
  • We're still working on supporting previously exported Rock Band titles in Rock Band 4 and hope to have that content available for those of you who have already exported into Rock Band 3 later on. Stay tuned for more updates!
And there's an image guide of the entirety of their export support plans:

RB4_Disc_Exports_Chart.png

I liked Betrayal, but yes, the controls are a little loose and it can get difficult at times. The HP upgrades help with that some as does learning how to manage the crowds with your explosive saliva. My review
Anyone wanting a horror game should pick up Siren: Blood Curse. Well worth it at that price.
Was considering both and they are cheap enough so I'm in.

Now I just need another $50 worth of stuff to reach $100 and get that PSN credit.

If you've waited this long to play RE2 I'd recommend just waiting for the remaster. PS1 level 3D graphics are rough to go back to especially if you don't need to.
Agreed, unless you really want to play it on your Vita, esp since PS1 games look a lot better on the smaller screen.

Remake aside, the Gamecube version is the way to go IMO but it's sure as hell not available for $2 =)

I guess Rock Band 3 is going towards my $100 PSN purchase this month.

(Never mind. The PS3 version isn't available for download.)

I think we're getting them this PSX. I'm buying Siren for my ps4 too. Worst case, I have to get my ps3 back out.
Yeah that's what I'm counting on. I don't have a PS3, PSTV, Vita, etc.. to play the games on though.

I've played RE2 before but not in a long time. I don't think the remake is coming anytime soon since they're making it from scratch rather than just working to port the remake over.

All the Bloodraynes are cheaper on PC.

I thought Bloodrayne 1 and 2 were fun guilty pleasure but Bloodrayne Betrayal was clunky and mediocre.

All the Bloodraynes are cheaper on PC.

I thought Bloodrayne 1 and 2 were fun guilty pleasure but Bloodrayne Betrayal was clunky and mediocre.
But keep in mind that, despite being older and having fairly low system requirements, there are a lot of video cards and integrated graphics that won't run the first two Bloodrayne games because of the games' strict hardware T&L requirements. So if you have a computer with integrated graphics or one of the video cards on the fairly long list of excluded cards (which you can check out on the system requirements on steam), you won't even get past the menu screen.

So the ps2 classic versions are a decent hassle-free solution.

But is it too scary? I've heard it's way too scary. I'm not joking.
Siren Blood Curse is definitely atmospheric and creepy with tense moments (a lot of hiding and hoping you don't get discovered...or, at times, making a run for it and hoping you escape). But I wouldn't say it's "way too scary"... But I'm a horror fan, so ymmv.

I wouldn't compare a potentially amazing remake with a terrible remake of a movie that's already out. Plus, the person has waited this long. I still say wait for the remaster.
i think it's a valid comparison, i could see some kids not giving the orginal Psycho a chance just because it's black and white just like people dismissing RE 2 for it's dated graphics, those graphics were top notch for its time

i also don't understand how people could have much interest in a remaster of a game they never played, are you really going to buy a remaster?

resident evil 2 is on almost every top 100 games list ever, it wouldn't be getting a remaster if it wasn't a great game and it's only 2 dollars, it's worth a try for any gamer

I like the tank controls in re2, it makes it tricky to dodge zombies. I'll assume that with an updated analog control the zombies would be way less threatening when running away from them.

i think it's a valid comparison, i could see some kids not giving the orginal Psycho a chance just because it's black and white just like people dismissing RE 2 for it's dated graphics, those graphics were top notch for its time

i also don't understand how people could have much interest in a remaster of a game they never played, are you really going to buy a remaster?

resident evil 2 is on almost every top 100 games list ever, it wouldn't be getting a remaster if it wasn't a great game and it's only 2 dollars, it's worth a try for any gamer
I'm much more likely to buy a remaster of a game I've never played then go back and play the old one. I had never played Grim Fandango but it always looked interesting so I bought the remaster when it came out on PS4. There was zero chance I would buy and play the old version when I knew there was a remaster unless for some reason the remaster got terrible reviews/had issues.

I'm guessing that a fair number of gamers that played REmake (either on the gamecube or wii or the newer HD port) never played the original. I know I've gotten remakes/remasters of games where I've never played the originals (the Hyperdimension Neptunia remakes for Vita immediately spring to mind). It's not uncommon at all for people to be really interested in and/or buy remasters/remakes of games without having played the originals.

I'm much more likely to buy a remaster of a game I've never played then go back and play the old one. I had never played Grim Fandango but it always looked interesting so I bought the remaster when it came out on PS4. There was zero chance I would buy and play the old version when I knew there was a remaster unless for some reason the remaster got terrible reviews/had issues.
isn't the grim fandango remaster the same game with updated graphics?

if the RE 2 remaster is anything like the RE 1 remaster there will be plenty of changes with new environments , villains, plus changes to the puzzles

Finished up the fourth episode of Life is Strange so I can jump into Episode Five later this week and that was a hell of a dark, creepy episode. I was expecting it to go that route and haven't felt that way about this sort of episode since Episode Two of The Walking Dead Season One.

[customspoiler='Don't Click Unless You've Beaten Episode Four']I'm sure Nathan has a big part of what's going on, but that he was largely a red herring for the purposes of what Chloe and Max discovered when Mark ends up being the culprit was a big surprise.[/customspoiler]

Finished up the fourth episode of Life is Strange so I can jump into Episode Five later this week and that was a hell of a dark, creepy episode. I was expecting it to go that route and haven't felt that way about this sort of episode since Episode Two of The Walking Dead Season One.

[customspoiler='Don't Click Unless You've Beaten Episode Four']I'm sure Nathan has a big part of what's going on, but that he was largely a red herring for the purposes of what Chloe and Max discovered when Mark ends up being the culprit was a big surprise.[/customspoiler]
Hmm is that how you saw it?

I dunno. I kind of got the idea that Mark was working with Nathan. The bunker they were using was Nathans after all and Nathan seemed to send texts to them about Rachel. I figured they were working together doing the f'd up stuff they were doing. I also always kinda found Mark creepy. I figured he may have been covering up some of the stuff Nathan was doing but didn't think he was actually killing people and crap with him

Did enjoy seeing Chloe get shot in the head though =P She bugs the crap out of me

why is siren blood curse episodes 9-12 on sale?
accidentally bought that instead of 1-12, now i cant add 1-12 to my cart.
PSN does stupid things like that every now and then. Last year, I bought DLC for a delisted version of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire that didn't work with the version of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire that was also on sale during that same week. Sounds like you're going to have to pay for the other episodes separately.

Huh? Why wouldn't I want to play a remaster of a game I've never played? A well-done remaster is like the best of all worlds - the game was probably good in the first place if they bothered to do a remaster, and now it has updated graphics, and it's all-new to me. That's a triple win in my book.

Huh? Why wouldn't I want to play a remaster of a game I've never played? A well-done remaster is like the best of all worlds - the game was probably good in the first place if they bothered to do a remaster, and now it has updated graphics, and it's all-new to me. That's a triple win in my book.
it's not a remaster, it's a remake

which means they aren't the same game, the resident evil remake was not just updated graphics, a remaster is all these HD collections you see nowadays which are basically cheap cash ins

like i said it's 2 bucks for a game that is a large part of gaming history and even created a long movie series, if you want to wait 2 - 3 years for a remake go right ahead

You explained the difference between a remake and remaster but then got it wrong in your last sentence. Unless the new Resident Evil 2 is a remaster? I dunno. I haven't kept up with the news.

I'm pretty sure everyone here knows the difference between a remaster and a remake. It's also not relevant to the conversation. No matter if it's a remaster or a remake I'm going to choose that version over the old version unless like I mentioned before it has issues.

I've never seen so much effort given to trying to talk folks out of spending $2 on a classic AAA game in favor of waiting and hoping that an updated more expensive port of it actually turns out better and is worth just waiting maybe another year or more for.

Spend the $2 or don't, both RE2 & 3 were added to my PSN collection during a past sale (along with some other classic PS1 games)... they are well worth owning especially now that I have a Vita and it's even more convenient to play them.

I've never seen so much effort given to trying to talk folks out of spending $2 on a classic AAA game in favor of waiting and hoping that an updated more expensive port of it actually turns out better and is worth just waiting maybe another year or more for.

Spend the $2 or don't, both RE2 & 3 were added to my PSN collection during a past sale (along with some other classic PS1 games)... they are well worth owning especially now that I have a Vita and it's even more convenient to play them.
PS1 classics are really only worth purchasing if you have a Vita. I bought a PS1 on launch and love the library but the graphics are pretty dated, especially on a big TV. They are perfect for Vita IMO.

Has anyone played the Oregon Trail Zombie game that is on sale this week? Any good?
I have the PC Director's Cut. Not entirely sure what's been added to the ps4/vita version, but it's basically a zombie-themed version of the old Oregon Trail game complete with retro graphics/gameplay and minigames. Probably the most fun for us older gamers that played the original game on an Apple II back in elementary or middle school...sort of combining nostalgia with zombies (BTW, where is zombie lemonade stand??!!! We need zombie lemonade stand!).

Overall, it's largely resource management based. Here's a trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1FUcNkaLPU

Keep in mind that they show mostly the minigames, but the meat of the game is based around text menus where you're making decisions, buying/bartering for supplies, etc.

Update on the PS4 Remote:

After a good first day with it, I was disappointed to get home and find it to be completely unresponsive no matter if I changed batteries or tried to set it up again. There's a light on the remote that blinks whenever an input registers and there were no blinking lights at any point in this process. I returned it to Best Buy yesterday and got a new remote to replace it, which were not on the floor despite having a few in stock. The set-up worked fine and it's still working on day two, so I'll post again should it stop functioning once again.

PS1 classics are really only worth purchasing if you have a Vita. I bought a PS1 on launch and love the library but the graphics are pretty dated, especially on a big TV. They are perfect for Vita IMO.
I don't think they are so bad on the PSTV, PS3 or PSP... but the Vita has moved up the ranks as my preferred platform for PS1 games.

At no point have I tried to talk someone out of anything. I couldn't care less what people do with their money I was stating what I would do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back