PSN Weekly Deals - 9/1: Atlus Sale, PS+ Specials, & 6 New PS+ Games! PWYW Foul Play on PS4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store on PSN.

Index

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 2 PM PT/5 PM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
X - Expires With Next Update
P - Permanent Price Drop
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

September's PS+ Games

:ps4: Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition

:ps4: Grow Home

:vita: La-Mulana EX

:ps3: LittleBigPlanet Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move

:ps4:  :vita: Super Time Force Ultra

:ps4:  :ps3: Teslagrad

:ps3: Twisted Metal

:ps4:  :vita: Xeodrifter

PlayStation Heroes

:ps4: Foul Play - $2.00 to $100.00 [customspoiler='Fine Print'] :ps4: Foul Play is a part of the PlayStation Heroes program, which means that you can pay your choice among a variety of price points for an item that is usually a theme for entries into a contest to win some prize with most of the money going to a charity. There are no details at the moment for what the prize for buying Foul Play offers, so I'll post that whenever it's announced.

Edit: From the PlayStation Heroes app on PS4, the Foul Play promotion is for a trip to PlayStation Experience in December. Once you purchase the game, you're supposed to go here to register for the actual contest, though you should wait until the page is updated for the PlayStation Experience promotion instead of whatever it's on at the moment.[/customspoiler]

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT unless otherwise noted
:ps4: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps3: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps4: Sword Coast Legends - $34.79 - 13% Off - Out Fall 2016 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]170 Platinum for Warframe[/customspoiler]

:ps3: Yakuza 5 - $33.99 - 15% Off - Out Fall 2015 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]PS3 Static Theme[/customspoiler]

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Back to Bed Game & Dynamic Theme Bundle - $14.99 - 25% Off X

:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Nova-111 - $11.99 - 20% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate - $11.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted - $6.99 - 30% Off
:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Q*bert: Rebooted/Pixel Game and Theme Bundle - $8.99 - 25% Off

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: The Stealth Inc 1 & 2 Ultimate-est Edition - $12.99 - 24% Off NP

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones - $9.99 - 33% Off NP
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Titan Attacks! - $3.49 - 75% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: Velocibox - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows Game and PS4 Theme Bundle - $9.99 - 20% Off

PS4

Armello - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

Attacking Zegeta - $5.00 - 50% Off

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $39.99 - 20% Off NX

Daylight - $7.50 - 50% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N

Driveclub - $24.99 - 38% Off

God of War III Remastered - $35.99 - 10% Off NX

J-Stars Victory VS+ - $41.99 - 30% Off NX
The Last Tinker: City of Colors Game and Theme Bundle - $10.19 - 40% Off
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - $29.99 - 40% Off NP
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition - $39.99 - 20% Off NP
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Yorbie - $4.99 - 50% Off NP
Zombie Vikings - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

PS3

AquaPazza - $15.00 - 50% Off NX
Bladestorm: Nightmare - $34.99 - 30% Off NX
BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $34.99 - 30% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off - Move Compatible

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Legion Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

R.I.P.D.: The Game - $3.00 - 70% Off NX
Tears to Tiara II: Heir of the Overlord - $20.00 - 50% Off NX
World Hunter - $8.99 - 10% Off

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

PS1 Classics - Compatible with PS3/PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Vita- PS TV Compatibility

Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars - $19.79 - 34% Off NX

Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $29.99 - 25% Off NX

Draw Slasher - $3.00 - 50% Off
Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
Hyperdimension Neptunia ReBirth2 - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
J-Stars Victory VS+ - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Persona 4 Golden - $19.79 - 34% Off NX
PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate HD - $11.99 - 20% Off
Reel Fishing Master's Challenge - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

Gungnir - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Hexyz Force - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Knights in the Nightmare - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Riviera: The Promised Land - $5.00 - 50% Off NX
Yggdra Union - $5.00 - 50% Off NX

Minis - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Blacklight: Retribution

DC Universe Online

Loadout

PlanetSide 2

Trans-Galactic Tournament

Warframe

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

PS3 Add-ons

Dust 514
Skullgirls Encore

Vita Add-ons

My Singing Monsters

Samurai Warriors: Chronicles 3

Themes

:ps4: Back to Bed Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps4: The Last Tinker Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off

:ps4: Q*bert: Rebooted Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off
:ps4: Velocibox Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps3: Yakuza 5: Fulfiller of Dreams - Free

Protection Plans
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Accidental Damage 36 Months - $53.99 - 10% Off
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Non-Accidental Damage 36 Months - $44.99 - 10% Off

Weird Prices on PSN
:ps3: :psp: 9-in-1 Mega Pack - $2.99 - 70% Off
:ps3: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:vita: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:psp: Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: Psychonauts - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Saints Row 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Sports Champions - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Sports Champions 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Street Fighter III Third Strike Online Edition - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: :psp: The Ultimate Runner Game Bundle - $1.99 - 50% Off [customspoiler=Includes]The Impossible Game and One Epic Game, which are normally $1.99 each.[/customspoiler]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
So I bought the $3 Marvel Pinball PS3 game, but when I opened up Zen Pinball 2 on PS4 using the same account and chose the "import tables" option, it couldn't find any tables. How do I access the unlock keys?
https://twitter.com/zen_studios/status/619200724434579456

Try that. The Vita version of Zen Pinball 2 might also work as a substitute.

Edit: https://twitter.com/zen_studios/status/619203123664580608

You should also just see those tables on the web store that you can purchase to get them (PS3/Vita first, then PS4 on the next transaction).

https://twitter.com/zen_studios/status/619200724434579456

Try that. The Vita version of Zen Pinball 2 might also work as a substitute.
Guess I'm SOL, traded my PS3 out for the PS4. Womp-womp... thanks for the info as always Frisky!

I wish they would have abstained from adding guns to the game. I was excited for a unique relaxing experience, but shooting stuff just makes it like every other first-person open world action game. I'm tired of killing everything in every game.
I can't swear to it, but I seem to remember them saying you can play it anyway you want... trader, fighter, pirate, etc, and that the way you outfit your rig really dictates the kind of game you get. BUT.... i might be thinking of something else.

Stealth Inc. sounds good; anyone recommend?
Solid precision puzzle platformer. it is really good, though if you want to 'perfect' each level it really requires split second precision, there is very little wiggle room --- to the point that i found the game too frustrating. If you don't feel obligated to perfect every level [like i do], or if that sounds awesome, then definitely pick it up.

There's no doubt it's well made and plays well. [played on vita]

Alright, so my younger brother just got his hands on a Vita. So I was wondering if any of you could recommend any of these titles on sale (and say if they've been lower or whatever):

AeternoBlade

Ragnarok Odyssey

Ragnarok Odyssey ACE

Rainbow Moon (which isn't on sale?)

Megaman X4/X5

Maverick Hunter X

Justice League Heroes

I got an e-mail from Capcom's Resident Evil site saying to vote for which t-shirt you would like Rebecca to have as a DLC costume in Resident Evil Zero. If you vote you'll get a code for the costume when the game is released.

http://game.capcom.com/bio0hd/

The site actually says you'll get a DLC code for the costumes, so maybe the code will be for more than one costume.

Alright, so my younger brother just got his hands on a Vita. So I was wondering if any of you could recommend any of these titles on sale (and say if they've been lower or whatever):

AeternoBlade

Ragnarok Odyssey

Ragnarok Odyssey ACE

Megaman X4/X5

Maverick Hunter X

Justice League Heroes
Ragnarok Odyssey ACE and both X4 and 5 have been on sale for lower. Maverick Hunter X is the lowest its been. I also heard Aeterno Blade isnt worth it.

Edit: You can also bick up both Ragnarok Odyssey games cheaper at Gamestop.

AeternoBlade

Ragnarok Odyssey

Ragnarok Odyssey ACE

Megaman X4/X5

Maverick Hunter X

Justice League Heroes
ACE is the 'expanded/improved' version of RO so makes RO obsolete. It's sort of a monster hunter type game (you go on quests, kill stuff, fight bosses) that some people didn't like, although I really liked the demo and bought ACE when it went on sale. There are other games in the genre that review better, but it's worth checking out the demo.

Rainbow Moon is a western made jrpg with srpg style combat. Plot is kind of goofy, but the combat is solid. It's got a slight bit of a grind to it, but it's not that bad if you realize you don't need to raise every stat to max. It's got a lot of dlc, but really, none is needed, though there's a couple 'nice to have' pieces. There is a lot of content, so there's a lot of value for your $ if you do like it.

Can someone please tell me if the Destiny Expansion Pass include both The Dark Below and House of Wolves?!

Is any of the expansions worth getting? I haven't been too enthralled into the game but a friend says the expansions will help with that.

THIS IS AMAZING NEWS! This game is seriously great and is a "roguelike" dungeon crawler played in the style of a rhythm game. Bought this during the Steam winter sale and loved it so much.

A listing for XCOM: Enemy Unknown for Vita was spotted. More AAA games, yay.
Hmm, not hopeful on this one. They had to make huge compromises just to get the game on consoles in the first place and had massive struggles doing so. At this point multiple years down the line are they really going to put the time and money into a high quality port for a marginal system when they would probably have to rebuild the entire thing from scratch? The games used Unreal Engine and the only games I know of that have been ported to Vita using that engine were Borderlands 2 and Injustice/MK9. Those games were, at best, not good technically and it would be better to just not bother with XCOM than get a severely cut, low quality port like that.

It's 2K though and they're all about the cash ins so I'm sure it's happening and will probably be ported the same as BL2 was.

THIS IS AMAZING NEWS! This game is seriously great and is a "roguelike" dungeon crawler played in the style of a rhythm game. Bought this during the Steam winter sale and loved it so much.

Hmm, not hopeful on this one. They had to make huge compromises just to get the game on consoles in the first place and had massive struggles doing so. At this point multiple years down the line are they really going to put the time and money into a high quality port for a marginal system when they would probably have to rebuild the entire thing from scratch? The games used Unreal Engine and the only games I know of that have been ported to Vita using that engine were Borderlands 2 and Injustice/MK9. Those games were, at best, not good technically and it would be better to just not bother with XCOM than get a severely cut, low quality port like that.

It's 2K though and they're all about the cash ins so I'm sure it's happening and will probably be ported the same as BL2 was.
Would be totally chill with it being a port of the original PC/PS1 game. Vita could def handle that.

Maybe it'll be some kind of port of the ios/android version. That it's enemy unknown and not within seems kind of weird to me though

Can someone please tell me if the Destiny Expansion Pass include both The Dark Below and House of Wolves?!

Is any of the expansions worth getting? I haven't been too enthralled into the game but a friend says the expansions will help with that.
Yes, the pass contains both existing dlc's but not the large one slated for release in 2 months.

They're worth getting if and only if you put a lot of hours into destiny. If you like the grind and the social aspect of the game, you'll need the dlc packs to do it in a way that's fully competitive and enjoyable.

AeternoBlade

Ragnarok Odyssey

Ragnarok Odyssey ACE

Megaman X4/X5

Maverick Hunter X

Justice League Heroes
If he is going to get Ragnarok Odyssey, just get ACE instead. It has all the same plus more. I liked that game to start, but the more I played it the less I liked it. Get a cheap copy as GS.

Rainbow Moon is a really fun strategy RPG. If possible, I'd recommend he get a few of the cheap DLCs, such as the extra money and pearls (med pack should do fine), or the ring that has lots of slots and extra xp.

I might be in the minority (surprise, surprise), but I really disliked MMX Maverick Hunter. I love the first Megaman X, but this remake was just terrible. The screen is different dimensions and made X's hitbox too big and just generally messed up 'the feel' of the game.

I might be in the minority (surprise, surprise), but I really disliked MMX Maverick Hunter. I love the first Megaman X, but this remake was just terrible. The screen is different dimensions and made X's hitbox too big and just generally messed up 'the feel' of the game.
Actually have to agree with you on this. I had read good things about the remake, but was like WTF at even the character and enemy sizes that completely throw the game off. Keep having me wanting to duck at some of the flying things (which I couldn't do, of course) with it being seemingly impossible to avoid them due to the hit detection,

I know Mega Man games are hard, but this just felt hard because of the graphical redo and hit box sizes.

Yes, the pass contains both existing dlc's but not the large one slated for release in 2 months.

They're worth getting if and only if you put a lot of hours into destiny. If you like the grind and the social aspect of the game, you'll need the dlc packs to do it in a way that's fully competitive and enjoyable.
I want to put an emphasis that second part. If you are seriously into Destiny, love it, and want to spend more time playing it and grinding with friends (and strangers) then it's a must to have the DLC and that'll get you by for a while. IF not, don't give in because of peer pressure... it's not going to make you love it a game you don't like.

While I found it cool that Crypt of the Necrodancer is coming to PS4/Vita (please future PS+ freebie), I do have to say that it kind of lacks variety in items. It did take me 24 hours to beat the game fully once (it's hard...no joke), but I was seriously getting tired of same items/spells blah blah blah over and over and over. I never get this kind of fatigue with BoI:R but that has so many items. It's still  well worth many, many plays but it feels old too fast in terms of item and monster variety. 

While I found it cool that Crypt of the Necrodancer is coming to PS4/Vita (please future PS+ freebie), I do have to say that it kind of lacks variety in items. It did take me 24 hours to beat the game fully once (it's hard...no joke), but I was seriously getting tired of same items/spells blah blah blah over and over and over. I never get this kind of fatigue with BoI:R but that has so many items. It's still well worth many, many plays but it feels old too fast in terms of item and monster variety.
I suppose you could criticize that but you also can't add too much craziness to it because you're having to play to the beat foremost and some of the weapons already get tricky to use while doing so. Last I paid attention to the game it was still in early access and the dev was adding stuff to it quite frequently which was great.

A listing for XCOM: Enemy Unknown for Vita was spotted. More AAA games, yay.
Just for the record, this isn't the first time -- it's been listed for rating in 3 countries so far iirc, so hopefully where there is smoke there is fire

Also, the same sources seem to think we'll be getting Civilization Revolution 2 on vita.

Fingers crossed!

AeternoBlade

Ragnarok Odyssey

Ragnarok Odyssey ACE

Megaman X4/X5

Maverick Hunter X

Justice League Heroes
X4. Maybe he's too young for it, but X4 is amazing.

My favorite game ever made.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/07/12/the-drop-new-playstation-games-for-7142015/

Here's The Drop for this week:

New PlayStation Games This Week

Arcade Archives Buta San
PS4 — Digital

Buta San is an action game that was released by JALECO in 1987. Players try to survive while throwing bombs at each other. Can you survive the gauntlet of 100 fellow pigs to become the champion Pig? In this title, two players can play together to help or hinder each other.

Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess
PS4, PS3, PS Vita — Digital, Retail

Unleash your inner evil! The Nightmare Princess, Velguirie, uses her kicks and spins in her own quest to revive the Devil by trapping humans. Set over 180 traps in a variety of locales, including all new modern stages!

EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour
PS4 — Digital, Retail

Golf without limits in EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour. Usher in the next generation of golf with the power of the Frostbite 3 engine and play one of the most beautiful sports game to date!

The Fall
PS4 — Digital

Take on the role of ARID, the artificial intelligence onboard a high-tech combat suit. ARID’s program activates after crashing on an unknown planet. The human pilot within the combat suit is unconscious, and it is ARID’s duty to protect him at all costs.

God of War III Remastered
PS4 — Digital, Retail

Set in the realm of brutal Greek mythology, God of War III Remastered is the critically acclaimed single-player game that allows players to take on the fearless role of former Spartan warrior, Kratos, as he rises from the darkest depths of Hades to scale the very heights of Mt Olympus.

Godzilla
PS4, PS3 — Digital, Retail

Become the King of the Monsters! Lay waste to cities with brute force and atomic breath! Battle against a cast of monstrous legendary rivals! Play as your favorite monster and take the fight online!

Monster Jam Battlegrounds
PS3 — Digital

Monster Jam Battlegrounds brings the popular touring show straight to the fans with roaring engines and crushing action. Not only does this game replicate the world renowned Monster Jam stadium and arena events, but it also takes fans out of the stadium and into other environments.

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
PS4 — Digital

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter is a first-person, story-driven mystery game focused on exploration and discovery. You play the game as Paul Prospero, an occult-minded detective who receives a disturbing letter from a missing boy.

Demos and Betas
Monster Jam Battlegrounds — PS3 Trial

Dang wish there was a demo for Ethan Carter. Oh well. Rocket League and Rory Golf will be taking up my PS4 time this week 😀

Rocket League is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING.

Like, it's perfect for what it is.   So perfect.   Pure adrenaline, tight controls, great feedback, great rule set, fluid action, nonstop pace.... 

10/10.  Seriously, it's the rare case where a game is everything it tried to be, and just balanced and tightened to perfection.

[i jumped right into online after the tutorial, and now am maybe 6 hours in and am starting to be able to take flying shots and what not.  I haven't played much SP so don't know how it feels against bots]

Been waiting for Ethan Carter so interested in that depending on price. And a huge sucker for Godzilla stuff so intrigued by that even though I'm sure it will be terrible. Also never played God of War 3 so will wait for a drop in that

Crypt of the Necrodancer is outstanding but once I cleared it three or four times with different characters I cooled on it fast. It's masterfully taut and far better than BoI in my opinion but once you've seen the content there's not much else to it. It's a really sharp turn based puzzler with well balanced bits and pieces but since they are randomly assembled it loses out in the long run due to randomness not being clever enough to carry the good bits.

Absolutely fun for the several days of play it will take for you to get good and then you'll be done with it.

Now I think BoI is garbage but I think it works with randomness better because it is a game where you glom a bunch of random crap onto you and become overpowered (Until the game puts two bosses in every room so even when you're overpowered the game slows to a boring-ass crawl.) so it's random from top to bottom and thus plays well in that field. It's more replayable just from variety but Necrodancer's just a tighter more interesting game all around.

EDIT: Oh geez Raiden 4 Overkill is coming to PC. Why do I even BUY console games? Ever?

Crypt of the Necrodancer is outstanding but once I cleared it three or four times with different characters I cooled on it fast. It's masterfully taut and far better than BoI in my opinion but once you've seen the content there's not much else to it. It's a really sharp turn based puzzler with well balanced bits and pieces but since they are randomly assembled it loses out in the long run due to randomness not being clever enough to carry the good bits.

Absolutely fun for the several days of play it will take for you to get good and then you'll be done with it.

Now I think BoI is garbage but I think it works with randomness better because it is a game where you glom a bunch of random crap onto you and become overpowered (Until the game puts two bosses in every room so even when you're overpowered the game slows to a boring-ass crawl.) so it's random from top to bottom and thus plays well in that field. It's more replayable just from variety but Necrodancer's just a tighter more interesting game all around.

EDIT: Oh geez Raiden 4 Overkill is coming to PC. Why do I even BUY console games? Ever?
Probably so you have something to complain about.

I prefer shmups on consoles, already own Raiden 4/Overkill on 360 and PS3. PC is just not practical for me for these types of games.
I generally get them on console myself as well when possible(I have lots on Steam that aren't on console) but shmups are plenty practical on PC with a gamepad.

I generally get them on console myself as well when possible(I have lots on Steam that aren't on console) but shmups are plenty practical on PC with a gamepad.
I agree with you about the gamepad, the issue is wanting to play them on a TV. It's just not convenient to have to hook up the PC every time I want to play on a big screen. And I do have quite a few shmups in my Steam library, and will probably buy this one as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back