PSN Weekly Deals - 9/1: Atlus Sale, PS+ Specials, & 6 New PS+ Games! PWYW Foul Play on PS4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store on PSN.

Index

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 2 PM PT/5 PM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
X - Expires With Next Update
P - Permanent Price Drop
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

September's PS+ Games

:ps4: Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition

:ps4: Grow Home

:vita: La-Mulana EX

:ps3: LittleBigPlanet Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move

:ps4:  :vita: Super Time Force Ultra

:ps4:  :ps3: Teslagrad

:ps3: Twisted Metal

:ps4:  :vita: Xeodrifter

PlayStation Heroes

:ps4: Foul Play - $2.00 to $100.00 [customspoiler='Fine Print'] :ps4: Foul Play is a part of the PlayStation Heroes program, which means that you can pay your choice among a variety of price points for an item that is usually a theme for entries into a contest to win some prize with most of the money going to a charity. There are no details at the moment for what the prize for buying Foul Play offers, so I'll post that whenever it's announced.

Edit: From the PlayStation Heroes app on PS4, the Foul Play promotion is for a trip to PlayStation Experience in December. Once you purchase the game, you're supposed to go here to register for the actual contest, though you should wait until the page is updated for the PlayStation Experience promotion instead of whatever it's on at the moment.[/customspoiler]

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT unless otherwise noted
:ps4: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps3: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps4: Sword Coast Legends - $34.79 - 13% Off - Out Fall 2016 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]170 Platinum for Warframe[/customspoiler]

:ps3: Yakuza 5 - $33.99 - 15% Off - Out Fall 2015 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]PS3 Static Theme[/customspoiler]

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Back to Bed Game & Dynamic Theme Bundle - $14.99 - 25% Off X

:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Nova-111 - $11.99 - 20% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate - $11.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted - $6.99 - 30% Off
:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Q*bert: Rebooted/Pixel Game and Theme Bundle - $8.99 - 25% Off

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: The Stealth Inc 1 & 2 Ultimate-est Edition - $12.99 - 24% Off NP

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones - $9.99 - 33% Off NP
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Titan Attacks! - $3.49 - 75% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: Velocibox - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows Game and PS4 Theme Bundle - $9.99 - 20% Off

PS4

Armello - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

Attacking Zegeta - $5.00 - 50% Off

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $39.99 - 20% Off NX

Daylight - $7.50 - 50% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N

Driveclub - $24.99 - 38% Off

God of War III Remastered - $35.99 - 10% Off NX

J-Stars Victory VS+ - $41.99 - 30% Off NX
The Last Tinker: City of Colors Game and Theme Bundle - $10.19 - 40% Off
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - $29.99 - 40% Off NP
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition - $39.99 - 20% Off NP
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Yorbie - $4.99 - 50% Off NP
Zombie Vikings - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

PS3

AquaPazza - $15.00 - 50% Off NX
Bladestorm: Nightmare - $34.99 - 30% Off NX
BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $34.99 - 30% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off - Move Compatible

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Legion Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

R.I.P.D.: The Game - $3.00 - 70% Off NX
Tears to Tiara II: Heir of the Overlord - $20.00 - 50% Off NX
World Hunter - $8.99 - 10% Off

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

PS1 Classics - Compatible with PS3/PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Vita- PS TV Compatibility

Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars - $19.79 - 34% Off NX

Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $29.99 - 25% Off NX

Draw Slasher - $3.00 - 50% Off
Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
Hyperdimension Neptunia ReBirth2 - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
J-Stars Victory VS+ - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Persona 4 Golden - $19.79 - 34% Off NX
PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate HD - $11.99 - 20% Off
Reel Fishing Master's Challenge - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

Gungnir - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Hexyz Force - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Knights in the Nightmare - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Riviera: The Promised Land - $5.00 - 50% Off NX
Yggdra Union - $5.00 - 50% Off NX

Minis - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Blacklight: Retribution

DC Universe Online

Loadout

PlanetSide 2

Trans-Galactic Tournament

Warframe

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

PS3 Add-ons

Dust 514
Skullgirls Encore

Vita Add-ons

My Singing Monsters

Samurai Warriors: Chronicles 3

Themes

:ps4: Back to Bed Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps4: The Last Tinker Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off

:ps4: Q*bert: Rebooted Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off
:ps4: Velocibox Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps3: Yakuza 5: Fulfiller of Dreams - Free

Protection Plans
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Accidental Damage 36 Months - $53.99 - 10% Off
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Non-Accidental Damage 36 Months - $44.99 - 10% Off

Weird Prices on PSN
:ps3: :psp: 9-in-1 Mega Pack - $2.99 - 70% Off
:ps3: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:vita: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:psp: Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: Psychonauts - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Saints Row 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Sports Champions - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Sports Champions 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Street Fighter III Third Strike Online Edition - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: :psp: The Ultimate Runner Game Bundle - $1.99 - 50% Off [customspoiler=Includes]The Impossible Game and One Epic Game, which are normally $1.99 each.[/customspoiler]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've looked into getting ZombiU recently and one of the major issues seems to be the game is full of crippling bugs.  Run into a bug and it requires a complete game restart and it appears there are many.  No doubt a lot of that was because it was rushed to market to launch with the WiiU, still I'm going to stay cautious about it because I don't trust it'll have all the issues worked out.

We've got reviews for Lost Dimension and The Vanishing of Ethan Carter for those that want to check them out.
Good review of Lost Dimension. I'm about 2 hours in and would highly recommend it too, perfect for the Vita. What bugs me during combat is that every time I cast a spell/gift, the screen has to go black, show "loading" and light up again to continue a simple casting animation. If the game really needs to load (which it shouldn't, for a simple casting animation), why can't it just freeze on the previous frame instead of giving me a flash?

Some new Persona 4: Dancing All Night trailers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQ6JROKCAz4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-clVO_n9JM

I think I'm going to bite on it at this price, since the PS3 or X360 versions haven't hit that cheaper than 50% off price yet, and it does look better than the PS3 version. The demo is on my PS4, I just need to give it a try and see if $9 works as a buy price.
Well I downloaded and played the demo, and while the art in this game is very nice, I'm just not feeling the game. It's possible that I didn't give it enough time, so I may try it again later, but for now I'm just going to hold off.

No Persona Q or P4A music no buy. You can do your hobbit, hobbit and backside of the tv all day but Break Out Of... and Laser Beam kick serious ass.

I will also cop to finding no bugs in ZombiU but I have not played it to completion. It's definitely worth a look if they bring it over as there aren't many games in this niche. (Oh shut up heckler. You know what I mean. Deliberate scavenging zombie survival with a linear goal rather than a sandbox grindbox crapfest like Don't Starve or all the Steam copycats, but with a more American flavor than classic RE.)

My only problem with it seems endemic to the genre. When you have to make every enemy slow, powerful, and capable of killing you if you drop your guard, but also you are expected to fight through, then all you've done is create a really padded slow hack and slash/shooter. Yeah, HUH HUH HRRRRRAAAAH PANT PANT battling one zombie with ponderous, tiring swings of a cricket bat is intense, doing that forty times to get to the objective and back is another matter entirely.

Frisky, you know how much I'm slobbering over Etrian Odyssey. You need to put "from the Etrian Odyssey developer" into more of your reviews to guarantee buys from me.

EDIT: Oh, they helped with EO1 and EO2 and don't seem to be credited on EO3 or EO4. Less tempting but still intriguing.

I know this has probably already been answered but I couldn't find it in the sea of posts.

I already own Journey on PS3, and plan on buying Everybodys Gone to the Rapture. Will I still get the 10% coupon?

I'm buying it either way so if not its not a huge deal.

I'm debating between slender and unmechanical extended.I'm interested in nihilumbra but don't have vita.

There's really no urgency to playing most of the PS+ games because they are often types of games that can be played anytime. Rocket League is on a timer though for fun as it requires a community of gamers and at launch or near launch is the best and probably only time to really get into it and have the most fun possible before people became too skilled.
You're right that more people will get skilled, but i think it'll live longer than you think. It's such a fine tuned game with a massive amount of 'skill depth'... that is, you actually -can- get good, and actually can start pulling off crazy air shots eventually. i feel like it could have legs like a fighting game... in fact, I could see it being played competitively at venues that do stuff like that.

It's just so engaging to watch highly skilled players play it, and it's rare that a game pulls that off.

Also double Dragon neon and under defeat HD are good deals.
I bought Double Dragon Neon and they only gave me the demo. Spent a good amount of time with the morons at support and they said I would get an e-mail about a refund and I haven't gotten the e-mail or the refund yet. Now I gotta call them again tomorrow to get it right and I'm rather pissed off about the whole thing because I really want to play the game. Hopefully they fixed that shit so nobody else has to deal with those idiots at support.

You're right that more people will get skilled, but i think it'll live longer than you think.
You may be right. It's entirely possible this game will buck the trend of online competitive games and have more life than the big fps's that release pretty much yearly. I just think that once it drops from PS+ the popularity will drop and the numbers of players will start to diminish (especially as school starts back up). That's not to say the people diehard into it will quit, but the more casual gamers will move on to something else and the newbies will realize they can't complete very well and will more often give up than stick it out. They definitely did a great job with the launch. Getting it out there for free to an entire console generation was smart. People hyping it in the press and stuff brought a lot of awareness. Being out during the summer when kids are out of school was also smart as people were more apt to download it right away and play it. Maybe it'll become an epic classic played for generations to come... but I have a feeling once the fall hits and new games come out and people are more busy than usual that it'll start to nose dive. Not just die, but just not have the hype and user base it currently appears to have.

Unrelated to PSN stuff, this is the last day to redeem any codes acquired from Club Nintendo. I took some time to move my DSi stuff to a 3DS and redeem the codes I had. I'm not sure if I'll start playing the 3DS but it's nice to have this setup and most of my dsi ware saved.

I'm actually hoping for a really good Vita bundle deal in the near future. I have a feeling I'm going to really love that system. They had a deal this past Monday at bestbuy... but I just want it either a little sweeter or to have extra cash to blow (in which case I may just hit Walmart and buy one in person).

Question about the monthly PS+ games: Do those go away on Tuesday with the store update or tomorrow when its August? Want to renew to try out Rocket League, but would have more time tomorrow than today to go pick up a card.

Question about the monthly PS+ games: Do those go away on Tuesday with the store update or tomorrow when its August? Want to renew to try out Rocket League, but would have more time tomorrow than today to go pick up a card.
they will update go away the first Tuesday of each month, not the first day.

I bought Double Dragon Neon and they only gave me the demo. Spent a good amount of time with the morons at support and they said I would get an e-mail about a refund and I haven't gotten the e-mail or the refund yet. Now I gotta call them again tomorrow to get it right and I'm rather pissed off about the whole thing because I really want to play the game. Hopefully they fixed that shit so nobody else has to deal with those idiots at support.
This was a widespread issue and I believe it's been fixed by now.

You may be right. It's entirely possible this game will buck the trend of online competitive games and have more life than the big fps's that release pretty much yearly. I just think that once it drops from PS+ the popularity will drop and the numbers of players will start to diminish (especially as school starts back up). That's not to say the people diehard into it will quit, but the more casual gamers will move on to something else and the newbies will realize they can't complete very well and will more often give up than stick it out. They definitely did a great job with the launch. Getting it out there for free to an entire console generation was smart. People hyping it in the press and stuff brought a lot of awareness. Being out during the summer when kids are out of school was also smart as people were more apt to download it right away and play it. Maybe it'll become an epic classic played for generations to come... but I have a feeling once the fall hits and new games come out and people are more busy than usual that it'll start to nose dive. Not just die, but just not have the hype and user base it currently appears to have.
Well, i mean, yes. Unless you're WoW, Counterstrike, Team Fortress, Dota, etc you're going to see membership trail off... and you're right, people are far less likely to stick with a game for long periods of time nowadays [I blame trophies; once I get 100% i know I often feel 'done' even if I'm having fun, and move on to a game i don't even like as much].

But... I feel like Rocket League is one of the best, if not the best, sports games we've seen in years. Many, many years, even. It's just so... pure. Simple rules, solid pacing, and the aforementioned skill depth... which allows for crowd pleasing saves and goals.

it, like many other great games, may just drown in the tide of upcoming releases. But i'm rooting for it. I'd like to see actual teams develop, maybe an actual Rocket League tournament on twitch [or whereever].

Read about this yesterday didn't see the game choices though. What a sad selection to choose from.
They look great to me.

Grow Home is critically acclaimed, Armello looks really cool (and will get my vote), and zombie vikings is from the people that did stick it to the man, which was alright.

I mean, sure, it's not The Witcher 3 vs Mad Max vs Knack, but what do you expect?

It's an interesting idea, but it's not really going to satiated the whiner part of the PS+ crowd because they'll see that their choices won't really matter anyway.

It's interesting that Grow Home is coming to consoles since I don't recall seeing an announcement for that. I enjoyed the PC version a lot. If people want more big publisher games, that would be the one to choose since it's an Ubisoft game.

Interesting part of the post:

The game with the most votes will automatically be included in our future free game lineup for PlayStation Plus. If your pick didn’t make the lineup, don’t worry. In the first promotion, PlayStation Plus members can get the runner ups at a discount. We love to listen to our fans – and we’re super excited to launch this promotion.

I imagine the choices will likely always be an indie game, which doesn't bother me, but it will continue to annoy those who complain about indies as the freebies. Any retail games, I suspect, would still be picked by Sony. Could be wrong but that's my thinking.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/harmonix/amplitude/posts/1289190?ref=backer_project_update

Interesting update on Amplitude:

"The game is fulfilling all of our hopes and ambitions for it, and at a certain point, we made a major call: We’ve decided to double down, increase the project budget, and make the new Amplitude bigger and better than the scope of game we originally pitched to you all last year."

"Although we had originally promised about 16 songs total, we have decided to cram as much awesome music into Amplitude as possible. We now upped the total count to 30 songs! If you are a backer at the appropriate tiers, you will also get a 31st song too, voted on by the Song Senate—our group of backers that chipped in at the Song Senate tier. (Side note: In a display of true Amplitude community good will, the Song Senate decided to keep the “most wanted” song in the main game soundtrack, instead of keeping it all to themselves. THANKS, SONG SENATE!)

You guys may also recall that early in the dev cycle, we decided to add a concept album wrapper to the otherwise vanilla solo mode. This is all new for Amplitude and we think it adds a bit more depth and interest to the game and the songs themselves. The core campaign now includes 16 all-original songs, written in-house by our amazing musicians. You have heard some of these tracks in past posts and at the conventions… songs like “Decode Me” and “Wetware”.

In addition to the basic play modes that were promised originally, and the single path/single environment in which they would be presented, we decided to expand both of those dimensions by adding 2 more playable environments, unique path topology per song, and more play modes. We are now shipping a solo campaign, solo free play, 2-4 player “free-for-all”, and an all-new team play mode (1v3, 2v2).

Over the course of the project, we created the original nanoblaster and the backerblaster, and also made 3 additional nanoblasters for players to choose from in solo and multi play. (v0.9 Chubs is my personal fave, displacing v1.1 Raven)"

"Oh! One last thing: There is a new, still-to-be-announced way to play the game that will change the way you think about Amplitude’s 6-lane track. More on that at a later date!"

"So that’s all of the good news. Now for the bad news that comes along with it: It’s impossible for us to finish all of these extra songs, environments, features and modes on the same schedule. Our previous target for shipping the game was this summer. Now that we’ve committed to this expanded scope, though, we won’t be able to complete and ship the game until the end of this year on PS4 (with the PS3 version coming shortly thereafter).

Kickstarter backers who paid for the “early access” reward will be able to play the PS4 version in December, prior to the holiday break. For everyone else, the PS4 version will become available in January. (We’ll follow up with the exact dates in December and January for PS4 as soon as we have them. PS3 will follow shortly behind.)"

"Some of you might wonder—will this delay mean that synchronous online multiplayer will be added? I’m sorry to say, it will not, as that is impossible within our budget means for this game, even with the expanded budget. However, our hope is that this release of Amplitude will be successful enough to justify a sequel or feature expansion pack that could include this. In the meantime, the newly added leaderboard system will enable plenty of heated asynchronous online competition!"

I'm cool with them investing more of their money to expand the scope of the game a bit in exchange for it coming early next year. The secret new feature sounds like it will have Morpheus support.

Also, there's a new song preview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8pUgPpJPXk

I don't see big publishers letting their games be up for a vote. They'd want to be 100% certain about their inclusion in the lineup.
I'm not sure why any developer would want their game to be voted on unless they were sure they were going to win. The whole thing seems crazy to me. It seems like a lot of people will assume that the losing games are just future PS Plus games and will avoid purchasing them for that reason. If the discount pricing for loser games is going to be very significant, then maybe it makes a little more sense.

http://forums.harmonixmusic.com/discussion/258779/rock-band-4-the-official-faq

Harmonix also released a new FAQ for Rock Band 4. I'm not sure what exactly is new, but they confirm that just about all wireless instruments will be compatible and will release a compatibility chart soon. Guitars with just five buttons will still support the Freestyle Solo feature, but obviously it'll work with the limitations that the guitar can handle. They're looking into a way to do RB3 exports, but aren't guaranteeing anything just yet. Standalone instruments won't be available until early 2016, so bundles are the only way to get the new instruments at launch.

I'm not sure why any developer would want their game to be voted on unless they were sure they were going to win. The whole thing seems crazy to me. It seems like a lot of people will assume that the losing games are just future PS Plus games and will avoid purchasing them for that reason. If the discount pricing for loser games is going to be very significant, then maybe it makes a little more sense.
It's exposure if nothing else since a lot of us never have heard of many of these games until they show up in the PS+ list. For an indie dev it probably allows them to really support when they might have just been Sony's third it fourth choice for that month otherwise.

Seems like Sony is doing the same thing Steam does for their Summer and Holiday sales, seems to work for them.

All this love of Rocket League but without a demo I don't even know what the game itself is like.

Speaking of which, this is the best preview of that new Yugioh game I've seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cp4fxe75810&feature=youtu.be

Iconoclasts is from the Noitu Love/Legend of Princess guy. He's got enough credit stored up from both those games that it's an instabuy for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back