PSN Weekly Deals - 9/1: Atlus Sale, PS+ Specials, & 6 New PS+ Games! PWYW Foul Play on PS4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store on PSN.

Index

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 2 PM PT/5 PM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
X - Expires With Next Update
P - Permanent Price Drop
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

September's PS+ Games

:ps4: Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition

:ps4: Grow Home

:vita: La-Mulana EX

:ps3: LittleBigPlanet Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move

:ps4:  :vita: Super Time Force Ultra

:ps4:  :ps3: Teslagrad

:ps3: Twisted Metal

:ps4:  :vita: Xeodrifter

PlayStation Heroes

:ps4: Foul Play - $2.00 to $100.00 [customspoiler='Fine Print'] :ps4: Foul Play is a part of the PlayStation Heroes program, which means that you can pay your choice among a variety of price points for an item that is usually a theme for entries into a contest to win some prize with most of the money going to a charity. There are no details at the moment for what the prize for buying Foul Play offers, so I'll post that whenever it's announced.

Edit: From the PlayStation Heroes app on PS4, the Foul Play promotion is for a trip to PlayStation Experience in December. Once you purchase the game, you're supposed to go here to register for the actual contest, though you should wait until the page is updated for the PlayStation Experience promotion instead of whatever it's on at the moment.[/customspoiler]

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT unless otherwise noted
:ps4: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps3: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps4: Sword Coast Legends - $34.79 - 13% Off - Out Fall 2016 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]170 Platinum for Warframe[/customspoiler]

:ps3: Yakuza 5 - $33.99 - 15% Off - Out Fall 2015 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]PS3 Static Theme[/customspoiler]

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Back to Bed Game & Dynamic Theme Bundle - $14.99 - 25% Off X

:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Nova-111 - $11.99 - 20% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate - $11.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted - $6.99 - 30% Off
:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Q*bert: Rebooted/Pixel Game and Theme Bundle - $8.99 - 25% Off

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: The Stealth Inc 1 & 2 Ultimate-est Edition - $12.99 - 24% Off NP

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones - $9.99 - 33% Off NP
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Titan Attacks! - $3.49 - 75% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: Velocibox - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows Game and PS4 Theme Bundle - $9.99 - 20% Off

PS4

Armello - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

Attacking Zegeta - $5.00 - 50% Off

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $39.99 - 20% Off NX

Daylight - $7.50 - 50% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N

Driveclub - $24.99 - 38% Off

God of War III Remastered - $35.99 - 10% Off NX

J-Stars Victory VS+ - $41.99 - 30% Off NX
The Last Tinker: City of Colors Game and Theme Bundle - $10.19 - 40% Off
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - $29.99 - 40% Off NP
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition - $39.99 - 20% Off NP
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Yorbie - $4.99 - 50% Off NP
Zombie Vikings - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

PS3

AquaPazza - $15.00 - 50% Off NX
Bladestorm: Nightmare - $34.99 - 30% Off NX
BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $34.99 - 30% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off - Move Compatible

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Legion Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

R.I.P.D.: The Game - $3.00 - 70% Off NX
Tears to Tiara II: Heir of the Overlord - $20.00 - 50% Off NX
World Hunter - $8.99 - 10% Off

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

PS1 Classics - Compatible with PS3/PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Vita- PS TV Compatibility

Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars - $19.79 - 34% Off NX

Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $29.99 - 25% Off NX

Draw Slasher - $3.00 - 50% Off
Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
Hyperdimension Neptunia ReBirth2 - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
J-Stars Victory VS+ - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Persona 4 Golden - $19.79 - 34% Off NX
PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate HD - $11.99 - 20% Off
Reel Fishing Master's Challenge - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

Gungnir - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Hexyz Force - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Knights in the Nightmare - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Riviera: The Promised Land - $5.00 - 50% Off NX
Yggdra Union - $5.00 - 50% Off NX

Minis - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Blacklight: Retribution

DC Universe Online

Loadout

PlanetSide 2

Trans-Galactic Tournament

Warframe

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

PS3 Add-ons

Dust 514
Skullgirls Encore

Vita Add-ons

My Singing Monsters

Samurai Warriors: Chronicles 3

Themes

:ps4: Back to Bed Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps4: The Last Tinker Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off

:ps4: Q*bert: Rebooted Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off
:ps4: Velocibox Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps3: Yakuza 5: Fulfiller of Dreams - Free

Protection Plans
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Accidental Damage 36 Months - $53.99 - 10% Off
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Non-Accidental Damage 36 Months - $44.99 - 10% Off

Weird Prices on PSN
:ps3: :psp: 9-in-1 Mega Pack - $2.99 - 70% Off
:ps3: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:vita: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:psp: Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: Psychonauts - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Saints Row 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Sports Champions - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Sports Champions 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Street Fighter III Third Strike Online Edition - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: :psp: The Ultimate Runner Game Bundle - $1.99 - 50% Off [customspoiler=Includes]The Impossible Game and One Epic Game, which are normally $1.99 each.[/customspoiler]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow.  I was seriously contemplating Shadow Warrior PS4 on disc a few days ago for $20.  I may just have to bite on the digital version at this price.

Is echochrome PSP a straight port of the PS3 version or is it unique in some way?  Don't have either, which should I buy if they're the same thing?

Welp, I'm up from three to four things in my basket to 8-10.

Eldritch nails it!

Someone's got to pick up the slack when Frisky's not around to paste things. At least you appreciate me.

Obligatory.

520x646_Commercial_Handpuppet.jpg

Resogun is showing up as free for me on all three platforms. Perhaps that's because I bought the game. Though it should be saying Purchased and give me the option to download the game to my PS4.

The blog post says it's $3. Maybe someone who hasn't paid for the game can say how the page looks to them.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/games/resogun/cid=UP9000-NPUA80900_00-RESOGUN000000002?smcid=ps:show-now:visit-playstation-store:ps-playstation-store
When they release a new cross buy version after the fact it makes you rebuy it for free.

The deals are good in this flash sale.

Only upsetting aspect is half of the games on sale i have athru ps+.

Wish they would've added a few more games.

I have 3 in my cart :

OlliOlli (Vita), Shadow Warrior (ps4), and Vikings Attack (Vita) 

What's the feeling on these 3? 

I would grab Strike Suit, but i got that thru GWG. 

Everybody buy Shadow Warrior, so worth it. I would get it but I already have it on :xb1:

Now back to looking through this sale for the millionth time to make sure I don't miss anything.

So Costume quest 2 , olliolli for sure. Anyone play that speakeasy game? It combines two of my wife's favorite things: fighting games and 20s set design. Even if the gameplay is crappy I might have to get it.

I have 3 in my cart :

OlliOlli (Vita), Shadow Warrior (ps4), and Vikings Attack (Vita)

What's the feeling on these 3?
All three had had pretty good word of mouth in here and I'm in for all three.

So Costume quest 2 , olliolli for sure. Anyone play that speakeasy game? It combines two of my wife's favorite things: fighting games and 20s set design. Even if the gameplay is crappy I might have to get it.

Reviews are horrendous which is a shame because if it was decent I would probably buy it on a lark. Too bad it's not some wacky period styled game though.

is it worth purchasing the 3-year extended warranty for $40? i bought a USED system from cowboom, so would anyone else warrant this purchase?

Resogun is showing up as free for me on all three platforms. Perhaps that's because I bought the game. Though it should be saying Purchased and give me the option to download the game to my PS4.

The blog post says it's $3. Maybe someone who hasn't paid for the game can say how the page looks to them.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/games/resogun/cid=UP9000-NPUA80900_00-RESOGUN000000002?smcid=ps:show-now:visit-playstation-store:ps-playstation-store
I didn't own any of them, and it showed as free for all three platforms. I picked them up without a hitch.

Picked up Final Fantasy Origins, Final Fantasy III, Final Fantasy V, Final Fantasy VI, OlliOlli, and Shadow Warrior with the 10% off coupon. Not too shabby.

Sony is too clever.  They drop a massive flash sale on us while giggling knowing that we still can't save more than a couple dollars because of the 10 item limit and everything only being $3-6!  Too bad they didn't spite us more with a $1 flash sale of comparable size.

Sony is too clever. They drop a massive flash sale on us while giggling knowing that we still can't save more than a couple dollars because of the 10 item limit and everything only being $3-6! Too bad they didn't spite us more with a $1 flash sale of comparable size.
Well you don't have to buy the $3-$6 games.. you could buy more expensive games and maximize the extra 10% off. Either way, I'm not complaining about the sale because we at least got a few sales here to pick through to stack the code on top of which I didn't actually expect.

When they release a new cross buy version after the fact it makes you rebuy it for free.
I was going to ask why Unfinished Swan was already free and you posted. Thanks.

Thoughts on Resogun, Dungeon Defenders, Super Frog, and Shadow Warrior?

Super Frog and Shadow Warrior look like the best ones, but I'd like to know what you guys think before I do anything.

Sony thinks this 10% off code is a great deal, so they're not going to let us double up with some great flash sale in addition to it.
I'll be the first to admit when i'm wrong. This is a nice looking flash sale, however, I have a nagging feeling that most of these games will be PS Plus freebies later this year.

All I could find was Mini Ninjas, Mafia 2, and Oddworld: Munch's Odyssey HD. Sad that nothing in this flash sale really interests me besides the stuff I already have. I really tried to find stuff to buy. Just glad I can save 10% on those 3.

It was free on PS+ a while back... maybe you grabbed it then like I did. Either way thanks go to deadofnight for noticing it had been upgraded to crossbuy.
It was crossbuy on vita the day it went up.

I was going to ask why Unfinished Swan was already free and you posted. Thanks.

Super Frog and Shadow Warrior look like the best ones, but I'd like to know what you guys think before I do anything.
Resogun is amazing.

Dungeon Defenders is sort of a tower defense game where you set up towers in between waves and then control your character to kill stuff. Most coop I think? It reviewed well and I think people really like it, don't know if the community is there or not though.

I already own or "own" a lot of the games in the flash sale, which isn't a complaint, just a reason for not getting more. Definitely getting Shadow Warrior, OlliOlli, and Costume Quest 2. Is Alien Spidy any good?

So Costume quest 2 , olliolli for sure. Anyone play that speakeasy game? It combines two of my wife's favorite things: fighting games and 20s set design. Even if the gameplay is crappy I should probably get it.

For the price of one of the new games from this week (Citizen's of Earth, Splice, Ironclad) 

All of which are retailing for $15-12.

I was able to get four games for the same price (Olliolli, Shadow Warrior, Viking Attack, Costume Quest)

Not Bad. We need more flash sales like this, especially for the more obscure indie games from less famous developers. 

Dungeon Defenders is still playable?  I thought the servers were shut down during the GameSpy ordeal.

Must not have been if they're putting it on sale.  Great game btw.

edit: Well, apparently the servers were shut  down, at least according to this list: https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/22fz75/list_of_games_affected_by_gamespy_shutdown

It might still be fun single-player, but the multiplayer mode was a pretty huge part of it.  I'd recommend picking it up on Steam instead, where the servers are still up last I heard.

Nabbed Just Cause 2 Ultimate Edition and Gex: Enter the Gecko and used the 10% off code. Nothing of major interest in the Flash Sale so I'm happy with what I bought.

Holy crap at this sale.

For people wanting recommendations:

PS4 --

Fez - highly regarded platformer with a really interesting twist -- you can rotate your view and climb up the sides/backs of things, creating really cool 3d worlds even though you're always 2d.

Guacamelee! -- fantastic metroidvania style game, great combat

Resogun - masterpiece.

Road Not Taken -- not for everyone, but it's sort of like a roguelike version of one of those ios games where you combine tiles to make more powerful ones (like threes, etc). Except this has a full story, a world to explore, etc, etc. Also quite hard. I love it. Many don't.

honorable mentions for games i haven't played, but heard good things about -- olli olli, rollers of the realm, futuridium, unfinished swan

PS3 --

Tokyo Jungle -- masterpiece.

The Last Guy -- really cool game, one of the first psn games I bought. You go around the map collecting survivors and avoiding baddies in a really cool game sort of reminiscent of 'snake'... your 'trail' of survivors gets longer and longer and you need to come up with workable routes around the map. highly recommended.

Dead Nation - great zombie dual stick shooter

Hoard -- way better than expected dragon game. Fun coop.

Savage Moon - -surprisingly good tower defense

Limbo

Joe Danger - really fun, sort of a cartoony time trials type of game on a motorcycle

Lumines - it's lumines!

HMs for games I haven't played but heard good things about: Castle Crashers, Brothers,

VITA --

Any mentioned above, plus

PJ monsters HD -- great tower defense game

My potential haul --

Aqua Kitty

Kill all Zombies

Futuridium

Olli Olli

Rollers of the Realm

Strike Suit Zero

Shadow Warrior

Costume Quest 2

maybes -

hustle kings vita

kilka card gods

don't die mr robot

this sale just punched my wallet in the face.

also getting legend of mana from the 'main' sale.

FRISKY -- are any games from this sale NOT cross buy that you know of?

So I guess Ironclad Tactics isn't particularly good? Love the idea but the one PS4 review is bad and the PC ones are mostly mediocre.
I'm definitely buying it at some point. It's by the guys who created Spacechem which is amazing, and I like card type games. Reviews do seem mixed, but it's right up my alley and some people do really like it... i'm guessing I'll be one of them.

Still trying to figure out if echochrome deserves a double dip or if they're basically identical.

Well you don't have to buy the $3-$6 games.. you could buy more expensive games and maximize the extra 10% off. Either way, I'm not complaining about the sale because we at least got a few sales here to pick through to stack the code on top of which I didn't actually expect.
That's the best stuff from the sale though!

Resogun is absolute must have. Dungeon Defenders is one of the gems of the 360/PS3 era but it's one of those games that's meh in SP and shines in MP. With it's age I don't know if you'll have much lucky finding people to play it with.

I'm definitely buying it at some point. It's by the guys who created Spacechem which is amazing, and I like card type games. Reviews do seem mixed, but it's right up my alley and some people do really like it... i'm guessing I'll be one of them.
Yeah, I'll get it further down the line when it's inevitably 75% off or PS+ or something.

Yeah I'm probably gonna grab about 15 games.  I think the cart can only hold 10 at one time so i'll have to put in the 10 priciest ones for the best 10% savings.

Costume Quest 2! Squeeeeee!!!!!

And I get an extra 10% off because I have the ability to wait 5 minutes to see if there might be a flash sale before immediately cashing it in.

I oddly enough own almost all the game in the Indie Flash Sale...is that true for most of the PS+ people?

It seems like the right time to spend money on cheap games to add to the backlog.

Is Limbo cross-buy? Been thinking about picking it up and $3 seems right.

Also, any recommendations?
Looking for Vita or cross-buy stuff mainly.

Between the importance of multiplayer and some video on YT, I decided to pass on Dungeon Defenders. Looks too complicated and I'm use to more overhead view tower defense games.

Resogun looks like a keeper.

Super Frog looks like a fun platformer in the style of Rayman. Am I mistaken?

So my current list for the moment is:  

Gex 1, American Mensa Academy, Crystal Defenders, Legend of Mana, Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain, Resogun, and Super Frog.

And as a bonus, I just got another email from Sony announcing a 5 day extension to my Playstation Plus subscription. It's automatically applied; no code necessary. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back