PSN Weekly Deals - 9/1: Atlus Sale, PS+ Specials, & 6 New PS+ Games! PWYW Foul Play on PS4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store on PSN.

Index

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 2 PM PT/5 PM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
X - Expires With Next Update
P - Permanent Price Drop
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

September's PS+ Games

:ps4: Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition

:ps4: Grow Home

:vita: La-Mulana EX

:ps3: LittleBigPlanet Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move

:ps4:  :vita: Super Time Force Ultra

:ps4:  :ps3: Teslagrad

:ps3: Twisted Metal

:ps4:  :vita: Xeodrifter

PlayStation Heroes

:ps4: Foul Play - $2.00 to $100.00 [customspoiler='Fine Print'] :ps4: Foul Play is a part of the PlayStation Heroes program, which means that you can pay your choice among a variety of price points for an item that is usually a theme for entries into a contest to win some prize with most of the money going to a charity. There are no details at the moment for what the prize for buying Foul Play offers, so I'll post that whenever it's announced.

Edit: From the PlayStation Heroes app on PS4, the Foul Play promotion is for a trip to PlayStation Experience in December. Once you purchase the game, you're supposed to go here to register for the actual contest, though you should wait until the page is updated for the PlayStation Experience promotion instead of whatever it's on at the moment.[/customspoiler]

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT unless otherwise noted
:ps4: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps3: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps4: Sword Coast Legends - $34.79 - 13% Off - Out Fall 2016 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]170 Platinum for Warframe[/customspoiler]

:ps3: Yakuza 5 - $33.99 - 15% Off - Out Fall 2015 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]PS3 Static Theme[/customspoiler]

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Back to Bed Game & Dynamic Theme Bundle - $14.99 - 25% Off X

:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Nova-111 - $11.99 - 20% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate - $11.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted - $6.99 - 30% Off
:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Q*bert: Rebooted/Pixel Game and Theme Bundle - $8.99 - 25% Off

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: The Stealth Inc 1 & 2 Ultimate-est Edition - $12.99 - 24% Off NP

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones - $9.99 - 33% Off NP
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Titan Attacks! - $3.49 - 75% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: Velocibox - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows Game and PS4 Theme Bundle - $9.99 - 20% Off

PS4

Armello - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

Attacking Zegeta - $5.00 - 50% Off

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $39.99 - 20% Off NX

Daylight - $7.50 - 50% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N

Driveclub - $24.99 - 38% Off

God of War III Remastered - $35.99 - 10% Off NX

J-Stars Victory VS+ - $41.99 - 30% Off NX
The Last Tinker: City of Colors Game and Theme Bundle - $10.19 - 40% Off
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - $29.99 - 40% Off NP
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition - $39.99 - 20% Off NP
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Yorbie - $4.99 - 50% Off NP
Zombie Vikings - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

PS3

AquaPazza - $15.00 - 50% Off NX
Bladestorm: Nightmare - $34.99 - 30% Off NX
BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $34.99 - 30% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off - Move Compatible

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Legion Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

R.I.P.D.: The Game - $3.00 - 70% Off NX
Tears to Tiara II: Heir of the Overlord - $20.00 - 50% Off NX
World Hunter - $8.99 - 10% Off

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

PS1 Classics - Compatible with PS3/PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Vita- PS TV Compatibility

Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars - $19.79 - 34% Off NX

Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $29.99 - 25% Off NX

Draw Slasher - $3.00 - 50% Off
Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
Hyperdimension Neptunia ReBirth2 - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
J-Stars Victory VS+ - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Persona 4 Golden - $19.79 - 34% Off NX
PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate HD - $11.99 - 20% Off
Reel Fishing Master's Challenge - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

Gungnir - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Hexyz Force - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Knights in the Nightmare - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Riviera: The Promised Land - $5.00 - 50% Off NX
Yggdra Union - $5.00 - 50% Off NX

Minis - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Blacklight: Retribution

DC Universe Online

Loadout

PlanetSide 2

Trans-Galactic Tournament

Warframe

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

PS3 Add-ons

Dust 514
Skullgirls Encore

Vita Add-ons

My Singing Monsters

Samurai Warriors: Chronicles 3

Themes

:ps4: Back to Bed Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps4: The Last Tinker Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off

:ps4: Q*bert: Rebooted Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off
:ps4: Velocibox Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps3: Yakuza 5: Fulfiller of Dreams - Free

Protection Plans
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Accidental Damage 36 Months - $53.99 - 10% Off
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Non-Accidental Damage 36 Months - $44.99 - 10% Off

Weird Prices on PSN
:ps3: :psp: 9-in-1 Mega Pack - $2.99 - 70% Off
:ps3: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:vita: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:psp: Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: Psychonauts - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Saints Row 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Sports Champions - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Sports Champions 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Street Fighter III Third Strike Online Edition - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: :psp: The Ultimate Runner Game Bundle - $1.99 - 50% Off [customspoiler=Includes]The Impossible Game and One Epic Game, which are normally $1.99 each.[/customspoiler]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Would be nice if they discounted the Muramasa DLC individually, instead of just the whole pack. Paid $2.50 each for the first two when they were on sale a while back, and even though effectively paying $3.75 each for the last two wouldn't be THAT much more, it feels wrong to buy it when I could've been getting all four for a little under $2 each if I had never bought the first two to begin with! To bite the bullet, or hope for a better deal in the future...
Stuck in the same predicament as you.

essentially wasted $5 if i buy the bundle.

Also wish Shadow of Mordor season pass would go on sale.

It's not fair that its on sale on xbox, yet for ps4 we only get the game + dlc on sale not just the dlc.

dont wanna own it digitally, since i prefer my games on disc. If the season pass was on sale for $12-15 i would've bit.

Best Buy Ad 2/22-2/28

:ps4: Last of Us Remastered Bundle - $399.99

(Free Playstation TV when you purchase a PS4 console)

(Save $5 on 12 month PS+ with purchase of a PS4 console)
Shows ps tv was a dud mine wasnt worth 40 for me to many vita games do not work. This ps tv sure wasted sonys money like other stuff besides ps4. Oh well

Went to buy Wolf Among us for PS4 but looks like they did a typo on the blog post and only the PS3 version is discounted. Damn. I have all other telltale games on next gen and was hoping to get that one too. Now to wait for a sale on it some more.

That telltale bundle is tempting but I've already played the walking dead s1 on ps3 and finished season 2 once on ps4. I'm interested in the wolf among us but I feel like all these 3 games could get even cheaper in a couple of months since S1 and S2 were like $6 each on psn a few months ago

[quote name="rpg" post="12511217" timestamp="1424234210"]its working[/quote]Thanks I tried a couple hours ago, it came up invalid, but I finally redeemed it.

This Order 1886 theme is immediately the best one I have because of the music. Poor "Beautiful Rainforest Waterfall", its reign at the top only lasted a few hours.

CAGs- think the spend $100 get $15 back is good on preorders? Thinking of going digital on BF hardline and maybe Bloodbourne.

Oh man why did you have to point SoM TiV out. I am very tempted to go digital too. There is just something about being able to go into and out of games without having to swap discs that makes me just want to switch completely =|
I am at the point where I will buy Diablo 3 digital in this sale... JUST for that reason.

SoM is a great game, I picked it up for $32 at Walmart. Tempted to do that as well.

So many times I have a disc game I think about playing.. but go for the digital ones I have installed just cause I would have to get up and displace my Boston from my lap and tick her off.. and go through the whole process of her getting back in my lap and comfortable, then toss her blanket over her again..

Damn needy dog.. :p

Shows ps tv was a dud mine wasnt worth 40 for me to many vita games do not work. This ps tv sure wasted sonys money like other stuff besides ps4. Oh well
Every Vita game I own works on it.

And Remote play of my PS4 is worth the price. I picked up a DS4 just for the PSTV, now I can relax and play anything.

Which BTW.. is another reason I will be buying a few digital copies of games I already have on Disc with this sale..

Most vita games work, plus it's a kickass psp/ps1 machine. And remote play is ridiculously awesome.

Besides, it was cheap as hell for Sony to make it -- it's a vita in a different casing, it didn't exactly take an army of engineers to get it into production. Sony's a hardware company that has a history of churning out tech - some wildly successful, some not, which is how most businesses of that size operate.

It's a shame it wasn't more successful, but bundling with the ps4 is a smart play either way.

You seem to care about this way to much.
Yes cause I'm really tired of these dev's making movie games and think they can charge people $60 for it. If you're making a game like this then you need to be charging the price of a blu ray movie, $20. The statement of "normal game length between eight and ten hours" from the studio executive is terrible. Why should any of us pay $60-$80 for a 10 hour game which probably has little replay quality to it? What has happened to games these past years? Full of micro-transactions and DLC crap, and all games that seem to come out are not even finished they are all buggy. The only way Developers Like EA, Ubisoft will learn from there mistakes is by us talking with our wallets and not buying games!!!

Yes cause I'm really tired of these dev's making movie games and think they can charge people $60 for it. If you're making a game like this then you need to be charging the price of a blu ray movie, $20. The statement of "normal game length between eight and ten hours" from the studio executive is terrible. Why should any of us pay $60-$80 for a 10 hour game which probably has little replay quality to it? What has happened to games these past years? Full of micro-transactions and DLC crap, and all games that seem to come out are not even finished they are all buggy. The only way Developers Like EA, Ubisoft will learn from there mistakes is by us talking with our wallets and not buying games!!!
If you don't enjoy these types of games then don't play them. It's pretty simple. If you don't want to pay $60 then you don't. What is an acceptable amount of length a game should be to charge $60? Its all subjective honestly. Ive put a shit ton of hours into Binding of Isaac and that is only $14.99 for it. Using this logic then does this mean we should be paying more then $60 for games like Dragon Age?

Also, this "5 hours long" stuff is total BS. The dude speed ran it and he played in the easiest setting. An average gamer is going to take 8-10 hours to play through it.

I'm pretty sold on Child of Light at $7.50. What's the word on Never Alone? Seems interesting but not sure if it's gonna be worth $10. Think it'll go on sale for cheaper?

In what alternate universe are you paying $80 for your games, particularly as a member of this website?

I'm pretty sold on Child of Light at $7.50. What's the word on Never Alone? Seems interesting but not sure if it's gonna be worth $10. Think it'll go on sale for cheaper?
Never Alone is a good game if you play games for the stories. There's a lot of interesting things in it about the culture and the collectables are actually worth collecting because they unlock "Cultural Insights" videos that are quick 3-5 minute documentaries. Those documentaries also help break up game play. The game is fairly short but it's more than long enough because it's so frustrating at times. There are parts of the game that are absolutely awful to play with poor design and/or bugs. I ran into one game breaking bug and had to look up how to solve several frustrating puzzles.

If you're interested in learning about Alaskan Inuit culture and some of their myths then it's worth it at $10 but the game is deeply flawed. I like story driven games and it was worth it for me when I bought it for $12 a while back. If you aren't into narrative driven games or you are only a little interested in learning about their culture then I'd say wait for 5 bucks because this is a platformer and the platforming is frustrating.

The game has 2 player cooperative play. One person plays the girl, the other plays the fox. If you play by yourself you control both. I played this with my wife (who doesn't play a lot of video games) and she got frustrated several times, unable to make certain jumps and I had to do those parts. We ended up switching characters a bunch of times.

After saying I'll never go digital, I found myself going mostly digital this gen. It really is handy to just select the game and go. My thoughts is that I only buy the games I know I will want to play for the "long haul"

In what alternate universe are you paying $80 for your games, particularly as a member of this website?
the same universe where he pays $20 for a blu ray. hell, even brand new blu rays are usually $15 somewhere on release day, unless he is just getting the 3D version of everything

Do you live in Canada? Exchange rate is bad these days.

PS Vita

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair

$23.99

$27.99

$39.99
i saw that danganronpa 2 on the OP was 19.99 for plus users. i went and checked and it was 23.99 :( 

Damn and I was just wondering when Child of Light would be on sale. 

Gotta remind myself I don't need to games I already have only because I want them on the ps3 or vita as well. 

[quote name="Seshka" post="12511923" timestamp="1424270109"]Damn and I was just wondering when Child of Light would be on sale.

Gotta remind myself I don't need to games I already have only because I want them on the ps3 or vita as well.

[/quote]
Ugh, why did you have to bring that to my attention, now I'm going to need to buy it. I was waiting for a sale too. Lol.

If you don't enjoy these types of games then don't play them. It's pretty simple. If you don't want to pay $60 then you don't. What is an acceptable amount of length a game should be to charge $60? Its all subjective honestly. Ive put a shit ton of hours into Binding of Isaac and that is only $14.99 for it. Using this logic then does this mean we should be paying more then $60 for games like Dragon Age?

Also, this "5 hours long" stuff is total BS. The dude speed ran it and he played in the easiest setting. An average gamer is going to take 8-10 hours to play through it.
If I buy a game for $60 that takes 5 hours to complete, and has a fixed storyline.. that I spend half the time watching a movie... not happy.

$60 for a game like say GTA V where the story is one part, but the free roam to do whatever I want.. closer to being worth it.

Would you pay $60 for Binding of Isaac?

How about a Final Fantasy (or any RPG/JRPG) that has 5 hours total gameplay including the in game movies? Worth $60?

Cheap Ass Gamer. not Bend-me-over Gamer.

I was never interested in The Order anyway.. so it doesn't bother me, except that this isn't the first time it's happened.. and it won't be the last.

If the developers would add a multiplayer mode to The Order in the future, then paying $60 for the game, short or not, will probably make more sense.  Who knows?  That may still happen.  As it is now, there's no need to get upset over the actual length of the game yet.  If it's short, and with a lot of cut-scenes, then just rent the game and be content.  If it's around 10 hours long with the cut-scenes, then wait for a price drop like the brilliant Wolfenstein game.

If the developers would add a multiplayer mode to The Order in the future, then paying $60 for the game, short or not, will probably make more sense. Who knows? That may still happen. As it is now, there's no need to get upset over the actual length of the game yet. If it's short, and with a lot of cut-scenes, then just rent the game and be content. If it's around 10 hours long with the cut-scenes, then wait for a price drop like the brilliant Wolfenstein game.
I'd much prefer the Devs put all their effort into crafting a good single player mode then being distracted with a tacked on competitive multiplayer mode (coop is always welcome though). Very few shooters in which single player is the primary focus have good competitive multiplayer modes.

I think the Ready At Dawn guys thought they could integrate the same level of cinematic detail that makes movies memorable while also integrating an accessible and popular game genre. If the story were phenomenal and the game innovative I'd be in for it with GCU but since it's questionable that it has either it's Gamefly fodder at the least and maybe just a plus game once it finally goes that route.

Bioshock was around 12 hours with limited stuff to do and is in my top five all time. That design model is hard to follow but I'd buy a dozen games at MSRP that had they level of quality and type of content.

Never Alone is a good game if you play games for the stories. There's a lot of interesting things in it about the culture and the collectables are actually worth collecting because they unlock "Cultural Insights" videos that are quick 3-5 minute documentaries. Those documentaries also help break up game play. The game is fairly short but it's more than long enough because it's so frustrating at times. There are parts of the game that are absolutely awful to play with poor design and/or bugs. I ran into one game breaking bug and had to look up how to solve several frustrating puzzles.

If you're interested in learning about Alaskan Inuit culture and some of their myths then it's worth it at $10 but the game is deeply flawed. I like story driven games and it was worth it for me when I bought it for $12 a while back. If you aren't into narrative driven games or you are only a little interested in learning about their culture then I'd say wait for 5 bucks because this is a platformer and the platforming is frustrating.

The game has 2 player cooperative play. One person plays the girl, the other plays the fox. If you play by yourself you control both. I played this with my wife (who doesn't play a lot of video games) and she got frustrated several times, unable to make certain jumps and I had to do those parts. We ended up switching characters a bunch of times.
Wow thanks for the detailed reply. From the looks of it I like the art style and I do enjoy narrative based games but I don't have any particular interest in the culture it's based on. So I'll prolly wait for a deeper discount. Thanks again!

Think i'm just buying from the Aksys sale Muramasa full DLC pack and Sweet Fuse.....been waiting for both to go down for a while. I haven't played many of the games they released for PSP but honestly most don't look very good. Only that Gladiator one is tempting me.

I believe so some are purchasing something like Bloodborne to get to that $100.
That is my only purchase I have planned for my PS4. Now to find $40 more to spend on to get $15 back...

*edit*

Hmm, I wish Uncharted 4 had a release date at least. I know I will be getting that so I could always just preorder that but I don't like doing so SOOO far out.

Otherwise I genuinely cannot find anything else to buy..

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back