PSN Weekly Deals - 9/1: Atlus Sale, PS+ Specials, & 6 New PS+ Games! PWYW Foul Play on PS4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store on PSN.

Index

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 2 PM PT/5 PM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
X - Expires With Next Update
P - Permanent Price Drop
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

September's PS+ Games

:ps4: Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition

:ps4: Grow Home

:vita: La-Mulana EX

:ps3: LittleBigPlanet Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move

:ps4:  :vita: Super Time Force Ultra

:ps4:  :ps3: Teslagrad

:ps3: Twisted Metal

:ps4:  :vita: Xeodrifter

PlayStation Heroes

:ps4: Foul Play - $2.00 to $100.00 [customspoiler='Fine Print'] :ps4: Foul Play is a part of the PlayStation Heroes program, which means that you can pay your choice among a variety of price points for an item that is usually a theme for entries into a contest to win some prize with most of the money going to a charity. There are no details at the moment for what the prize for buying Foul Play offers, so I'll post that whenever it's announced.

Edit: From the PlayStation Heroes app on PS4, the Foul Play promotion is for a trip to PlayStation Experience in December. Once you purchase the game, you're supposed to go here to register for the actual contest, though you should wait until the page is updated for the PlayStation Experience promotion instead of whatever it's on at the moment.[/customspoiler]

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT unless otherwise noted
:ps4: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps3: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps4: Sword Coast Legends - $34.79 - 13% Off - Out Fall 2016 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]170 Platinum for Warframe[/customspoiler]

:ps3: Yakuza 5 - $33.99 - 15% Off - Out Fall 2015 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]PS3 Static Theme[/customspoiler]

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Back to Bed Game & Dynamic Theme Bundle - $14.99 - 25% Off X

:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Nova-111 - $11.99 - 20% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate - $11.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted - $6.99 - 30% Off
:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Q*bert: Rebooted/Pixel Game and Theme Bundle - $8.99 - 25% Off

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: The Stealth Inc 1 & 2 Ultimate-est Edition - $12.99 - 24% Off NP

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones - $9.99 - 33% Off NP
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Titan Attacks! - $3.49 - 75% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: Velocibox - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows Game and PS4 Theme Bundle - $9.99 - 20% Off

PS4

Armello - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

Attacking Zegeta - $5.00 - 50% Off

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $39.99 - 20% Off NX

Daylight - $7.50 - 50% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N

Driveclub - $24.99 - 38% Off

God of War III Remastered - $35.99 - 10% Off NX

J-Stars Victory VS+ - $41.99 - 30% Off NX
The Last Tinker: City of Colors Game and Theme Bundle - $10.19 - 40% Off
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - $29.99 - 40% Off NP
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition - $39.99 - 20% Off NP
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Yorbie - $4.99 - 50% Off NP
Zombie Vikings - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

PS3

AquaPazza - $15.00 - 50% Off NX
Bladestorm: Nightmare - $34.99 - 30% Off NX
BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $34.99 - 30% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off - Move Compatible

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Legion Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

R.I.P.D.: The Game - $3.00 - 70% Off NX
Tears to Tiara II: Heir of the Overlord - $20.00 - 50% Off NX
World Hunter - $8.99 - 10% Off

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

PS1 Classics - Compatible with PS3/PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Vita- PS TV Compatibility

Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars - $19.79 - 34% Off NX

Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $29.99 - 25% Off NX

Draw Slasher - $3.00 - 50% Off
Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
Hyperdimension Neptunia ReBirth2 - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
J-Stars Victory VS+ - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Persona 4 Golden - $19.79 - 34% Off NX
PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate HD - $11.99 - 20% Off
Reel Fishing Master's Challenge - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

Gungnir - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Hexyz Force - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Knights in the Nightmare - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Riviera: The Promised Land - $5.00 - 50% Off NX
Yggdra Union - $5.00 - 50% Off NX

Minis - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Blacklight: Retribution

DC Universe Online

Loadout

PlanetSide 2

Trans-Galactic Tournament

Warframe

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

PS3 Add-ons

Dust 514
Skullgirls Encore

Vita Add-ons

My Singing Monsters

Samurai Warriors: Chronicles 3

Themes

:ps4: Back to Bed Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps4: The Last Tinker Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off

:ps4: Q*bert: Rebooted Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off
:ps4: Velocibox Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps3: Yakuza 5: Fulfiller of Dreams - Free

Protection Plans
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Accidental Damage 36 Months - $53.99 - 10% Off
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Non-Accidental Damage 36 Months - $44.99 - 10% Off

Weird Prices on PSN
:ps3: :psp: 9-in-1 Mega Pack - $2.99 - 70% Off
:ps3: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:vita: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:psp: Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: Psychonauts - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Saints Row 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Sports Champions - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Sports Champions 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Street Fighter III Third Strike Online Edition - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: :psp: The Ultimate Runner Game Bundle - $1.99 - 50% Off [customspoiler=Includes]The Impossible Game and One Epic Game, which are normally $1.99 each.[/customspoiler]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name="Romeo" post="12575720" timestamp="1426705653"]Thank you for the heads up. I bought the white Vita bundle at launch years back yet to date never finished the game. I know there was a patch or two for it, do you know if it was ever fixed?[/quote]A patch was released for it but someone on playstationtrophies.com had the bug happen to them as recently as last June with the patch, so I am not sure. The key is to backup your save frequently, the only way though is ps+. I have the same bundle you do from Amazon Black Friday, and I am glad a remastered PS3 version came out so I'll beat it on there instead of the vita.

I've been a PS+ subscriber since early 2012. I was about to buy Demon's Souls when I saw it was free on PS+ in April 2013. This is actually the one PS+ title that I didn't add to my account for some reason. Whaa? How did that happen? Souls games are some of my favorites.
it's happened to me twice now..

First day of the PS+ free drop.. I go to the webstore now and add ALL to my cart. Even if I don't care for the game(s).. Tastes change, games get updates etc.

First day of the PS+ free drop.. I go to the webstore now and add ALL to my cart. Even if I don't care for the game(s).. Tastes change, games get updates etc.

Exactly what I've been telling a friend of mine and he won't listen. I've missed a couple games years back and regret it now.

WARNING, Possible removal & desisting for TxK!

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/atari-lawyers-demand-vita-game-txk-is-removed/1100-6426001/

Now while I AGREE Atari is right in the game essentially being Tempest, Atari fuck-ing however have REFUSED to work something REASONABLE out with Jeff Miner.

Again, I don't blame Atari for saying https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/txk/cid=UP4461-PCSE00397_00-LLAMASOFTTXK0001 is pretty much Tempest, but it would have been better if Atari just worked something out since Minter did help them with Tempest 2000 back in the day and like the "new" Atari has produced much of anything good besides mobile MEH stuff.
Thanks for the head's up. I've been thinking of getting this for a while now (wasn't a member of PS+ when it was free) and was hoping for a sale. Now, maybe I need to grab it before it's gone.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2015/03/18/tkx-developer-says-former-employer-atari-applying-legal-pressure-over-tempest-similarities.aspx

The situation between Llamasoft (Jeff Minter) and Atari is crazy right now, so if you had any interest in buying TxK, you might want to consider grabbing it in the near future before Atari potentially has their way and gets it delisted.
What a sad situation. TxK is a fantastic game plays beautifully on the Vita; I would love to have seen a PS4 version, but it's pretty clear that will never happen. The current "Atari" is a joke, not even remotely related to the original one. I hope this backfires on them, at least in terms of negative PR, if not actual losses.

re:dds party issues.

i must have gotten lucky and kept the important party members the whole game. but even if i didn't, i view that as an inherent problem with jrpgs of that era (and sometimes in general) where you have to play specific characters from a set. it's always annoying, and it's prevalent in many franchises.

overall though, i stand by loving that game. due to the lack of demon fusing in exchange for a party based team with skill trees, it's very much the purest dungeon crawler in the ps2 smt lineup.

What a sad situation. TxK is a fantastic game plays beautifully on the Vita; I would love to have seen a PS4 version, but it's pretty clear that will never happen. The current "Atari" is a joke, not even remotely related to the original one. I hope this backfires on them, at least in terms of negative PR, if not actual losses.
TxK is one of my favorite vita games. also, it's supposed to have an oculus/morpheus VR version that's insane. shame its getting legal woes. damn it atari.

Yeah, this was a dick move of the highest order. The only reason this game is still relevant is due to Jeff's work. I understand Atari wanting to keep control, but he has made several similar games in the past, why now the BS? It's like a kid who lets everyone play with his toys, only to take them away because everyone is having more than than he ever did. Atari has no plans or interest in this game, and hasn't for a long time, but now that everyone is having fun, they want to be little brats, and kill the fun. What A' Holes.

Yeah, this was a dick move of the highest order. The only reason this game is still relevant is due to Jeff's work. I understand Atari wanting to keep control, but he has made several similar games in the past, why now the BS? It's like a kid who lets everyone play with his toys, only to take them away because everyone is having more than than he ever did. Atari has no plans or interest in this game, and hasn't for a long time, but now that everyone is having fun, they want to be little brats, and kill the fun. What A' Holes.
To be fair, there have been a few incarnations of Atari during Llamasoft's life, so most seemed to be at least indifferent to their work and this latest version feels like bullying a small developer around. The new Atari seems to be committed to replicating their classic IPs on new platforms.

To be fair, there have been a few incarnations of Atari during Llamasoft's life, so most seemed to be at least indifferent to their work and this latest version feels like bullying a small developer around. The new Atari seems to be committed to replicating their classic IPs on new platforms.
That's cool, I don't want to say they are entirely in the wrong, but based on the legal docs, they are just throwing around lies and untruths. If they want to resurrect the classics, I'm all for it, but you don't take a former employee who has kept "Tempest" alive all these years and kick him in the nuts. That's not cool, and won't score you any points.

If anything, they should hire him to do what I'm sure they have no clue how to do right. How many current consumers give a rates ass for any old Atari games? TxK is really the only decent work I've seen in forever, and I've been gaming since Atari came on the scene.

There's a "right" and "wrong" way to do things, and this is definitely the "wrong" way.

Played the PC demo of Adventures of Pip, which will be coming to PS4 in May:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4ArJ9dF214

Some more videos of Hand of Fate and Hotline Miami 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfuA2db5-9Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yys6JVgQMEM

Also, pretty easy to replace. I've done it in the slim, super slim, and ps4 and all just took a few minutes. Just look up a guide online. Takes longer to reinstall the firmware than to replace the drive.
What about reinstalling everything? I am in the process of upgrading my PS3's HDD, have already backed up my saves to another HDD(hopefully I don't have any DRM protected ones, it is hard to tell what got backed up), and now just wonder about all the games and stuff I have bought.

Will it automatically redownload everything or will I need to manually do it via the Playstation Store's web site? I dread having to click "download to..." on 10+ pages of stuff and that download queue limit.

I held back on buying it since it was a "permanent" drop to 5.00 figuring I could always get it when I needed to spend some extra money (like the spend $100.... promotion). Oh well, I didn't really need to add it to my backlog. Maybe (ha) I'll have less of a backlog when it eventually goes on sale.

What about reinstalling everything? I am in the process of upgrading my PS3's HDD, have already backed up my saves to another HDD(hopefully I don't have any DRM protected ones, it is hard to tell what got backed up), and now just wonder about all the games and stuff I have bought.

Will it automatically redownload everything or will I need to manually do it via the Playstation Store's web site? I dread having to click "download to..." on 10+ pages of stuff and that download queue limit.
If you didn't back up the games, you'll have to redownload them manually.

Somewhat on topic question... I'd like to get Southpark for ps3, but my 500gb harddrive in my slim is full. Can anyone recommend a larger capacity replacement drive? Also how long does it take to setup a new drive? Thanks!
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822149377

I've been using this drive in my PS3 slim (originally a 160 gig model) for 3 years strong. I don't think I've experienced any issues to my knowledge.

As far as time to change the drive out, it is really a 10-20 minute process to format/install the new firmware from a flash drive once the drive is installed IIRC. The long process is if you were going to back-up your existing 500 gig and restore it to the 1 tb drive.

Backing up my 160 gig drive (80-90% full) took probably a 4 hours for back-up and another 5-6 hours to restore from a USB 2.0 external HD to the new drive.

I wish they have AC Liberation on PS3 stand alone disc, not in the American Collection cuz I have the other 2.

I guess DLC is the only option for me.

[quote name="ClevelandBrowns" post="12575462" timestamp="1426699231"]This WD would be pretty solid:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00C9TEBJQ/ref=mp_s_a_1_6?qid=1426699016&sr=8-6π=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70&keywords=1+tb+2.5+hard+drive&dpPl=1&dpID=41-08h2FPnL&ref=plSrch

But there's a couple cheaper ones from Toshiba & Seagate I believe on Amazon. Just make sure it's a 2.5 drive, Sony recommends 5400 rpm, I've heard the 7200 can lead to over heating but might just be a rumor.

Also, pretty easy to replace. I've done it in the slim, super slim, and ps4 and all just took a few minutes. Just look up a guide online. Takes longer to reinstall the firmware than to replace the drive.[/quote]
Thank you! I was actually just looking at that one. I think that's the one I'll get then.

[quote name="MetalMegaGio" post="12576380" timestamp="1426722468"]South Park is back up to $20.[/quote]
Awesome! Well now I can wait on that new hard drive. Lol.

i can't decide if i'm elated or pissed that i didn't grab south park at $5.
I'm personally glad because I was only tempted to buy it for digital hoarding purposes and would probably never have gone back to finish it since I didn't enjoy it that much when I attempted it at launch.

But patent trolls are usually looking to get paid for doing nothing, aren't they? If that was the case, wouldn't they want to cut a deal with this guy, instead of having him C&D?
These companies make no sense most of the time and would rather just squat on stuff and threaten people. I was reading a story about the company that got the rights to System Shock 2 sorted out and rendered it for PC and about their attempt to bring back No One Lives Forever. Kind of similar thing where the franchise was literally abandoned to the point of it not even being clear who owns the rights (with the constant mergers, software licensing, etc.). They did all the leg work trying to sort it out, offered to pay licensing fees up front plus royalties (so that there was no risk for anyone else), were going to do all the work on the games and were met with complete apathy from the megacorps involved (Activision who swallowed up Sierra I believe, Fox who published the games, and WB who I believe had a stake in the code/engine) before they got legal bullied into dropping it entirely.

The whole thing is a joke really.

So I haven't pulled the trigger on the AC IV Gold edition sale yet..

Sony needs to clarify what exactly is included in bundles like this, the Gold edition on PC includes all the DLC. Was reading on another site that for the PS4 version it does not include the Aveline DLC?

Has anyone purchased the Gold edition for PS4 and can verify what all comes with it?

Edit: Ok, I knew I was going to buy it anyway... the Gold edition includes everything *but* Aveline DLC.

The next question, is it worth the $5? no trophies with it right?

I just used the cloud storage with ps+ for all my saves and I think that way the drm saves work (don't quote me on that though). Then redownload all the games through the download list in account management (will have everything you've ever purchased including demos so you may have to filter through some stuff) making sure to set them to download in the background as I go, then I just go to power it off in the xmb an click the box to turn off when downloads are complete and forget about it for a day.

Takes a little time but still worth it imo.

So I haven't pulled the trigger on the AC IV Gold edition sale yet..
Sony needs to clarify what exactly is included in bundles like this, the Gold edition on PC includes all the DLC. Was reading on another site that for the PS4 version it does not include the Aveline DLC?

Has anyone purchased the Gold edition for PS4 and can verify what all comes with it?

Edit: Ok, I knew I was going to buy it anyway... the Gold edition includes everything *but* Aveline DLC.
The next question, is it worth the $5? no trophies with it right?
The PS4 version of Black Flag Gold DOES INCLUDE AVELINE DLC. I can tell you cause I finished the game 2 weeks ago. It isnt very good though, Freedom Cry is miles better and longer. I recommend base Black Flag + Base Freedom Cry than Black Flag Gold (unless you play MP).

Wait so you are saying you added the game to your cart and checked out and then you didn't get the license?

The PS4 version of Black Flag Gold DOES INCLUDE AVELINE DLC. I can tell you cause I finished the game 2 weeks ago. It isnt very good though, Freedom Cry is miles better and longer. I recommend base Black Flag + Base Freedom Cry than Black Flag Gold (unless you play MP).
The Aveline DLC was suppose to just be an hour long exclusive content for PS users. It was never suppose to compete with Freedom Cry which is a more traditonal DLC costing $10 or $15 originally.

The Aveline DLC was suppose to just be an hour long exclusive content for PS users. It was never suppose to compete with Freedom Cry which is a more traditonal DLC costing $10 or $15 originally.
I know, but I finished it in 30 minutes, whithout rushing (there is nothing to do...) and it's no really good.

Flash sale expected this weekend right? There's a GAF thread showing the button on the store Tuesday
Hopefully, though it could have also just been a mistake, just as South Park was when it was reduced to $5. I can only assume that they have a "Flash Sale" template that can be activated with a single press of a button.

Big FFXI news:
Today, Square Enix, Inc. announced the “Vana’diel® Project” for the massive multiplayer online roleplaying game (MMORPG) FINAL FANTASY® XI, which includes three major initiatives to coincide with the game entering its 14th year of service this May. FINAL FANTASY XI and Vana’diel, the fictional world that forms its setting, have continued to evolve alongside the many players that have adventured there in the years since the official launch in 2002, and this project aims to further expand FFXI and continue to satisfy its players for years to come.

The Final Scenario

The first chapter in the final scenario of the FINAL FANTASY XI story, “Rhapsodies of Vana’diel,” will be released alongside game updates taking place in May 2015.

It will serve as the pinnacle of the FINAL FANTASY XI story, bringing together major characters and elements from more than 13 years of history. The epic tale will come to a close in three parts that are scheduled to release in May, August and November this year. These updates will also see the introduction of new content, such as exciting battles and never-before-seen reward items.

After the final chapter of “Rhapsodies of Vana’diel,” the major updates to the game will cease, but maintenance to fine-tune content will continue. Operation of game services for the Playstation® 2 and Xbox 360 platforms will cease in March 2016, but players can continue to enjoy the Windows PC version of FINAL FANTASY XI beyond that date.

Further, “The Goddess’s Gala” in-game event will also be held - a festival to thank all players who have stepped into Vana’diel over its storied lifetime. This festival will consist of numerous campaigns to be enjoyed by all - from those who still play regularly, to those who have taken a break from adventuring.

* “Rhapsodies of Vana’diel” is not a disc based expansion or premium downloadable content

ALL of the DLC show "Free/Purchased" to me. (Except the time saver stuff)

Aveline still shows $4.99

Base game + Freedom Cry is more expensive than the Gold Edition, which also includes FC.

358xxj4.jpg

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/03/19/pocket-god-vs-desert-ashes-coming-to-ps4-ps-vita/

Pocket God vs Desert Ashes is coming to PS4, Vita, and PSTV.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/03/19/q-u-b-e-directors-cut-out-this-summer-on-ps4-ps3/

QUBE Director's Cut is coming to PS4 and PS3 this summer via Grip Games.
I'm confused why Desert Ashes is already having a "spin-off." I downloaded the free campaign and one of the DLC and it took me literally under an hour to beat the whole thing. Haven't bothered with the third campaign, because I figure it's going to be another campaign that's done in minutes...

Hopefully, though it could have also just been a mistake, just as South Park was when it was reduced to $5. I can only assume that they have a "Flash Sale" template that can be activated with a single press of a button.
It's around that time of the month, so I can see a flash sale this weekend.

ALL of the DLC show "Free/Purchased" to me. (Except the time saver stuff)
Aveline still shows $4.99

Base game + Freedom Cry is more expensive than the Gold Edition, which also includes FC.

358xxj4.jpg
I'm sorry, Aveline shows as purchased for me, they must have changed something and now its not included in Gold Edition (you should contact support by the way) as it was exclusive to PS3/PS4/PC gold editions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back