PSN Weekly Deals - 9/1: Atlus Sale, PS+ Specials, & 6 New PS+ Games! PWYW Foul Play on PS4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store on PSN.

Index

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 2 PM PT/5 PM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
X - Expires With Next Update
P - Permanent Price Drop
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

September's PS+ Games

:ps4: Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition

:ps4: Grow Home

:vita: La-Mulana EX

:ps3: LittleBigPlanet Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move

:ps4:  :vita: Super Time Force Ultra

:ps4:  :ps3: Teslagrad

:ps3: Twisted Metal

:ps4:  :vita: Xeodrifter

PlayStation Heroes

:ps4: Foul Play - $2.00 to $100.00 [customspoiler='Fine Print'] :ps4: Foul Play is a part of the PlayStation Heroes program, which means that you can pay your choice among a variety of price points for an item that is usually a theme for entries into a contest to win some prize with most of the money going to a charity. There are no details at the moment for what the prize for buying Foul Play offers, so I'll post that whenever it's announced.

Edit: From the PlayStation Heroes app on PS4, the Foul Play promotion is for a trip to PlayStation Experience in December. Once you purchase the game, you're supposed to go here to register for the actual contest, though you should wait until the page is updated for the PlayStation Experience promotion instead of whatever it's on at the moment.[/customspoiler]

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT unless otherwise noted
:ps4: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps3: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps4: Sword Coast Legends - $34.79 - 13% Off - Out Fall 2016 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]170 Platinum for Warframe[/customspoiler]

:ps3: Yakuza 5 - $33.99 - 15% Off - Out Fall 2015 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]PS3 Static Theme[/customspoiler]

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Back to Bed Game & Dynamic Theme Bundle - $14.99 - 25% Off X

:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Nova-111 - $11.99 - 20% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate - $11.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted - $6.99 - 30% Off
:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Q*bert: Rebooted/Pixel Game and Theme Bundle - $8.99 - 25% Off

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: The Stealth Inc 1 & 2 Ultimate-est Edition - $12.99 - 24% Off NP

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones - $9.99 - 33% Off NP
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Titan Attacks! - $3.49 - 75% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: Velocibox - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows Game and PS4 Theme Bundle - $9.99 - 20% Off

PS4

Armello - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

Attacking Zegeta - $5.00 - 50% Off

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $39.99 - 20% Off NX

Daylight - $7.50 - 50% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N

Driveclub - $24.99 - 38% Off

God of War III Remastered - $35.99 - 10% Off NX

J-Stars Victory VS+ - $41.99 - 30% Off NX
The Last Tinker: City of Colors Game and Theme Bundle - $10.19 - 40% Off
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - $29.99 - 40% Off NP
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition - $39.99 - 20% Off NP
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Yorbie - $4.99 - 50% Off NP
Zombie Vikings - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

PS3

AquaPazza - $15.00 - 50% Off NX
Bladestorm: Nightmare - $34.99 - 30% Off NX
BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $34.99 - 30% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off - Move Compatible

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Legion Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

R.I.P.D.: The Game - $3.00 - 70% Off NX
Tears to Tiara II: Heir of the Overlord - $20.00 - 50% Off NX
World Hunter - $8.99 - 10% Off

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

PS1 Classics - Compatible with PS3/PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Vita- PS TV Compatibility

Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars - $19.79 - 34% Off NX

Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $29.99 - 25% Off NX

Draw Slasher - $3.00 - 50% Off
Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
Hyperdimension Neptunia ReBirth2 - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
J-Stars Victory VS+ - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Persona 4 Golden - $19.79 - 34% Off NX
PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate HD - $11.99 - 20% Off
Reel Fishing Master's Challenge - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

Gungnir - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Hexyz Force - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Knights in the Nightmare - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Riviera: The Promised Land - $5.00 - 50% Off NX
Yggdra Union - $5.00 - 50% Off NX

Minis - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Blacklight: Retribution

DC Universe Online

Loadout

PlanetSide 2

Trans-Galactic Tournament

Warframe

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

PS3 Add-ons

Dust 514
Skullgirls Encore

Vita Add-ons

My Singing Monsters

Samurai Warriors: Chronicles 3

Themes

:ps4: Back to Bed Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps4: The Last Tinker Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off

:ps4: Q*bert: Rebooted Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off
:ps4: Velocibox Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps3: Yakuza 5: Fulfiller of Dreams - Free

Protection Plans
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Accidental Damage 36 Months - $53.99 - 10% Off
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Non-Accidental Damage 36 Months - $44.99 - 10% Off

Weird Prices on PSN
:ps3: :psp: 9-in-1 Mega Pack - $2.99 - 70% Off
:ps3: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:vita: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:psp: Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: Psychonauts - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Saints Row 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Sports Champions - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Sports Champions 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Street Fighter III Third Strike Online Edition - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: :psp: The Ultimate Runner Game Bundle - $1.99 - 50% Off [customspoiler=Includes]The Impossible Game and One Epic Game, which are normally $1.99 each.[/customspoiler]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
God of War 3 Remastered announced for PS4

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-03-20-god-of-war-3-remastered-announced-for-ps4

Coming July 14th

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiVk9EKdjq4
I was hoping the PS4 footage of GoWIII would make my jaw drop, but didn't it just look like PS3 footage? The game was, admittedly, beautiful on PS3, but I guess I was expecting even better visuals out of a PS4 'remaster.'

Hopefully the actual game being played looks more impressive.

While that Flash list is updating, I got a chance to play the demo to Tennis in the Face.  I always thought Angry Birds was too slow so this game was appreciated. I would rather have each level load automatically but it's a small complaint. Still, it was fun and worth getting for $5.

Thoughts on Echo Night, Stella Deus, and the Soldner-X games? Unless the flashsale has something, those are the only titles I'm interested in this week.

i am shocked people aren't freaking out here about all these games under $1.

While that Flash list is updating, I got a chance to play the demo to Tennis in the Face. I always thought Angry Birds was too slow so this game was appreciated. I would rather have each level load automatically but it's a small complaint. Still, it was fun and worth getting for $5.

Thoughts on Echo Night, Stella Deus, and the Soldner-X games? Unless the flashsale has something, those are the only titles I'm interested in this week.
echo night -- early From Software game. from what i understand, it's a horror game with similarities to King's Field (precursor to demon's souls). I don't own it.

Stella Dues -- srpg with fairly good reviews. i bought it on sale awhile back. haven't gotten to it.

soldner-x -- very solid shmups. recommended.

echo night -- early From Software game. from what i understand, it's a horror game with similarities to King's Field (precursor to demon's souls). I don't own it.

Stella Dues -- srpg with fairly good reviews. i bought it on sale awhile back. haven't gotten to it.

Thanks for the feedback.

I'm not familiar with King's Field or Demon's Souls. What kinds of games are those?

Is one Soldner-X game better than the other?

Going through the flash sale menu on PSN right now, and there are so many titles I own

... and don't own. Holy crap.

Some of these appear to be free as part of PS Plus. I was ready to list them all but my PS3 froze and reset itself. Even my console can't handle these savings.

Because the games are crap

I am. I literally said "holy shit" out loud as I was reading the list.

bought bof4 anything else worth taking a look?  I already have wild arms 2 physical and 1 digital along with klonoa from the last sale.

I had to make my purchases in 2 transactions.  The first never showed up in my Downloads List, so I assumed it was just a glitch and would appear later.  But then I made my second transaction and it automatically appeared in my downloads.  Has this happened to any of you before?  I still can't download the games from my first purchase.

So I have $1.90 in my psn wallet and wanting to buy 3 games for 2.80 total

So my question is this: is there anyway I can pay with my wallet credit and then pay only the remaining .90 cents with my CC or PayPal or am I stuck having to fund it with at least $5 more on top of the 1.90 balance I already have?

These remasters do not make me want a PS4 more. Still too new. 

Stick with the older stuff like Ducktales and Resident Evil and I'll pay every time. That being said, I wouldn't mind something like a remastered Doom or Timesplitters.

So much for week 3 being a $0 week for me.  I had that $10 credit from SonyRewards to burn and bought a $20 card so I'd have some buying muscle...

Bought:

-------------------------

Round1:

Breath of Fire IV

Dino Crisis

Dino Crisis 2

Katamari Damacy

Mega Man X4

Mega Man X5

PayDay The Heist

Tekken 2

Wild Arms

WIld Arms 2

Round 2:

Extreme Pinball

Fighting Force

Klonoa

Magic Carpet

Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection

Sam & Max Beyond Time & Space Full Season

Sam & Max The Devil's Playhouse

Syphon Filter

Syphon Filter 3

Zeno Clash 2

Round3: (yes seriously I'm too dang addicted to gaming)

Echochrome

Ferrari The Race Experience (fairly bad reviews but given what I watched of it, I think I'll enjoy it)

Flashback

Myst

Pac-Man Championship Edition DX

Star Wars Battlefront 2

Tennis in The Face (crossbuy!, I played the heck out of the iOS versions of this game)

Twisted Metal Black

Guess I'll have to wait for Syphon Filter 2... but shiesh that was an awesome sale.  I wanted probably 3/4 or more of what I bought and a few of the games it would have cost a boat load more to track down those ps1 discs that the $25'ish I spent on that 28 game bundle.  So I can justify most of the purchases on that thought alone.

So I have $1.90 in my psn wallet and wanting to buy 3 games for 2.80 total

So my question is this: is there anyway I can pay with my wallet credit and then pay only the remaining .90 cents with my CC or PayPal or am I stuck having to fund it with at least $5 more on top of the 1.90 balance I already have?
Why does this question ever pop up? You know any merchant that accepts PayPal or credit cards has to pay for that priviledge, right? It costs something like .30 + 2.9% for each transaction. So no, you can't just add .90 to your balance.

When do games available for pre-download usually become available?  I've never done it before but couldn't resist playing The Show at midnight.  I don't have the fastest high speed internet so I'm hoping it's more than a day out since it's a rather large download.  Also, if there is a "day one" patch is that available to download early as well?

Been wanting to play the King George DLC from Assassins Creed 3 since it came out but never wanted to pay the $30 for the season pass. Has anybody that has played the DLC tell me if it's even worth $12? 

Why did you unhook it, out of space? I still use both PS3 and PS4, as the 4 can't do half as what a 3 can do.
I could get them both hooked up but I have all my wires going through the wall so it would require taking down the tv, fishhooking a cable through the holes in the wall, and such and I just can't be fucking bothered.

I mean, i could also just switch the power and hdmi cable, but i don't have the energy for that either. (worth noting, both consoles are hard to get to due to having a little one running about, so it's not like I can easily just switch the cables - it's a production).

I had to make my purchases in 2 transactions. The first never showed up in my Downloads List, so I assumed it was just a glitch and would appear later. But then I made my second transaction and it automatically appeared in my downloads. Has this happened to any of you before? I still can't download the games from my first purchase.
Log out and back in to the webstore. Known issue for the last month or two.

Thanks for the feedback.

I'm not familiar with King's Field or Demon's Souls. What kinds of games are those?
They are both games that have an rpg-lite system for progression. King's Field (which I played a lot of in my earlier years) is a first person perspective, linear dungeon crawler. The game was not very difficult most fights were 1 vs 1, it was just tedious to grind levels towards the end game. However, swinging weapons using magic would require you to aim properly which many games did not feature in its own time. I would actually equate this game more to Lands of Lore/Might and Magic on PC than I would to Demon Souls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWSBYUPWMk0

Demon Souls is a third person perspective dungeon crawler rpg. Game allows for character creation/customization which King's field did not. It has more of an open world feel to the game with more non-linear objectives. Battles are much more difficult in this game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qud5bORfz2M

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/03/22/the-drop-new-playstation-games-for-324/

Here's The Drop for this week:

New PlayStation Games This Week

2013: Infected Wars
PS Vita — Digital

The year is 2013. The world as we know it has come to an end. Society has completely broken down. The Scourge, an engineered virus released upon the world by terrorists, was intended to send the West back to the Stone Age by turning their citizens into crazed mutated beasts.

Arcade Archives Mat Mania Exciting Hour
PS4 — Digital

Mat Mania Exciting Hour is a wrestling game that was released from Technos Japan in 1985. Players use a variety of techniques to be the champion. Enjoy the challenge of facing five strong wrestlers!

Armored Core
PSone Classic — Digital

Chrome and Murakumo Millennium, two corporations vying for power after the Great Destruction, hire giant mechs known as Armored Cores to battle for supremacy.

Bloodborne
PS4 — Digital, Retail

Hunt your nightmares as you search for answers in the ancient city of Yharnam, now cursed with a strange endemic illness spreading through the streets like wildfire. Danger, death and madness lurk around every corner of this dark and horrific world.

Borderlands: The Handsome Collection
PS4 — Digital, Retail

Borderlands: The Handsome Collection includes the definitive versions of both Borderlands 2 and Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, built specifically for new-gen consoles. Experience the highest performance and highest fidelity graphics for any Borderlands game ever played on a video game console.

Damascus Gear: Operation Tokyo
Vita — Digital

The GEAR System was developed sometime in the middle of the 21st century, by the Atsuga Corporation, and allowed pilots unprecedented motor-control and maneuverability with their machines. Mankind developed the system further, to create man-operated mechs and robots, known as GEARs.

Dead or Alive 2: Hardcore
PS2 Classic — Digital

A classic chapter in the iconic fighting game series. Become the strongest champion in the Dead or Alive tournament by defeating the strongest opponents in the world across a variety of stages.

LEGO Ninjago: Shadow of Ronin
Vita — Digital, Retail

There is a new threat in Ninjago, and he goes by the name of Ronin. With help from his army of dark samurai, Ronin steals the Ninjas’ memories using an ancient weapon called the Obsidian Glaive. In LEGO Ninjago: Shadow of Ronin, it is up to players to help the Ninjas regain their memories and reclaim their powers before Ronin completes his plan and releases an even greater evil on Ninjago.

Metal Slug 3
PS4, PS3, Vita — Digital

Metal Slug 3, the masterpiece in SNK’s emblematic 2D run & gun action shooting game series which still continues to fascinate millions of fans worldwide to this day for its intricate dot-pixel graphics and simple and intuitive game controls, lands on PS4! Clear five immense and challenging stages — featuring multiple branching paths, to explore exciting new areas via multiple playthroughs.

Slender: The Arrival
PS4 — Digital

You’re on your own. No one to come for you. No one to help you. No one to hear you scream. Slender: The Arrival is the official video game adaptation of Slender Man, re-created from Mark Hadley’s original nerve-shattering sensation.

Yorbie Episode One: Payback’s a Bolt
PS4 — Digital

The evil Dr. Zox has taken control of the planet Yorbia Prime, destroying the all-powerful Guardians while enslaving the remaining inhabitants. The future of bot-kind now rests on the shoulders of Yorbie, an unlikely hero who was arisen from the remnants of this once great civilization.

Thought this might be a good place to ask even though it's slighlty OT, anybody here have the Playstation Credit card from CO? in order to get the $50 PSN code for my first purchase does it have to be on PSN? I only ask because under the terms it only says "after first qualifying purchase" then there's nowhere that says what is a qualifying purchase. I'm just going to use it for PSN anyway so I get bonus Sony points, but I want to get my new account perk lol.

Been wanting to play the King George DLC from Assassins Creed 3 since it came out but never wanted to pay the $30 for the season pass. Has anybody that has played the DLC tell me if it's even worth $12?
$12 isn't bad at all. It's a unique what if situation and I enjoyed it more than AC3's story :)

Wait, can anyone let me know was Metal Slug 3 a 4 player co-op or 2 player co-op?

I could have sworn it was only 2 player co-op but my friend swears its a 4 player co-op

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back