PSN Weekly Deals - 9/1: Atlus Sale, PS+ Specials, & 6 New PS+ Games! PWYW Foul Play on PS4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store on PSN.

Index

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 2 PM PT/5 PM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
X - Expires With Next Update
P - Permanent Price Drop
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

September's PS+ Games

:ps4: Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition

:ps4: Grow Home

:vita: La-Mulana EX

:ps3: LittleBigPlanet Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move

:ps4:  :vita: Super Time Force Ultra

:ps4:  :ps3: Teslagrad

:ps3: Twisted Metal

:ps4:  :vita: Xeodrifter

PlayStation Heroes

:ps4: Foul Play - $2.00 to $100.00 [customspoiler='Fine Print'] :ps4: Foul Play is a part of the PlayStation Heroes program, which means that you can pay your choice among a variety of price points for an item that is usually a theme for entries into a contest to win some prize with most of the money going to a charity. There are no details at the moment for what the prize for buying Foul Play offers, so I'll post that whenever it's announced.

Edit: From the PlayStation Heroes app on PS4, the Foul Play promotion is for a trip to PlayStation Experience in December. Once you purchase the game, you're supposed to go here to register for the actual contest, though you should wait until the page is updated for the PlayStation Experience promotion instead of whatever it's on at the moment.[/customspoiler]

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT unless otherwise noted
:ps4: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps3: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps4: Sword Coast Legends - $34.79 - 13% Off - Out Fall 2016 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]170 Platinum for Warframe[/customspoiler]

:ps3: Yakuza 5 - $33.99 - 15% Off - Out Fall 2015 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]PS3 Static Theme[/customspoiler]

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Back to Bed Game & Dynamic Theme Bundle - $14.99 - 25% Off X

:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Nova-111 - $11.99 - 20% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate - $11.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted - $6.99 - 30% Off
:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Q*bert: Rebooted/Pixel Game and Theme Bundle - $8.99 - 25% Off

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: The Stealth Inc 1 & 2 Ultimate-est Edition - $12.99 - 24% Off NP

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones - $9.99 - 33% Off NP
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Titan Attacks! - $3.49 - 75% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: Velocibox - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows Game and PS4 Theme Bundle - $9.99 - 20% Off

PS4

Armello - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

Attacking Zegeta - $5.00 - 50% Off

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $39.99 - 20% Off NX

Daylight - $7.50 - 50% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N

Driveclub - $24.99 - 38% Off

God of War III Remastered - $35.99 - 10% Off NX

J-Stars Victory VS+ - $41.99 - 30% Off NX
The Last Tinker: City of Colors Game and Theme Bundle - $10.19 - 40% Off
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - $29.99 - 40% Off NP
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition - $39.99 - 20% Off NP
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Yorbie - $4.99 - 50% Off NP
Zombie Vikings - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

PS3

AquaPazza - $15.00 - 50% Off NX
Bladestorm: Nightmare - $34.99 - 30% Off NX
BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $34.99 - 30% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off - Move Compatible

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Legion Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

R.I.P.D.: The Game - $3.00 - 70% Off NX
Tears to Tiara II: Heir of the Overlord - $20.00 - 50% Off NX
World Hunter - $8.99 - 10% Off

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

PS1 Classics - Compatible with PS3/PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Vita- PS TV Compatibility

Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars - $19.79 - 34% Off NX

Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $29.99 - 25% Off NX

Draw Slasher - $3.00 - 50% Off
Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
Hyperdimension Neptunia ReBirth2 - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
J-Stars Victory VS+ - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Persona 4 Golden - $19.79 - 34% Off NX
PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate HD - $11.99 - 20% Off
Reel Fishing Master's Challenge - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

Gungnir - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Hexyz Force - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Knights in the Nightmare - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Riviera: The Promised Land - $5.00 - 50% Off NX
Yggdra Union - $5.00 - 50% Off NX

Minis - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Blacklight: Retribution

DC Universe Online

Loadout

PlanetSide 2

Trans-Galactic Tournament

Warframe

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

PS3 Add-ons

Dust 514
Skullgirls Encore

Vita Add-ons

My Singing Monsters

Samurai Warriors: Chronicles 3

Themes

:ps4: Back to Bed Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps4: The Last Tinker Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off

:ps4: Q*bert: Rebooted Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off
:ps4: Velocibox Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps3: Yakuza 5: Fulfiller of Dreams - Free

Protection Plans
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Accidental Damage 36 Months - $53.99 - 10% Off
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Non-Accidental Damage 36 Months - $44.99 - 10% Off

Weird Prices on PSN
:ps3: :psp: 9-in-1 Mega Pack - $2.99 - 70% Off
:ps3: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:vita: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:psp: Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: Psychonauts - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Saints Row 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Sports Champions - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Sports Champions 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Street Fighter III Third Strike Online Edition - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: :psp: The Ultimate Runner Game Bundle - $1.99 - 50% Off [customspoiler=Includes]The Impossible Game and One Epic Game, which are normally $1.99 each.[/customspoiler]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
No Call of Duty Classic on sale, the one thing I might have bought. Would've considered Black Ops since I did enjoy the second one a bit at my friend's house but $20? No thanks.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/04/21/journey-vinyl-and-limited-edition-art-print-revealed/

Journey is getting an awesome Vinyl soundtrack set and they turned the cover art into its own limited edition art print. $40 for the Vinyl set and $60 for the art print.
So want this as I love the music to Journey, but will probably never get it since it's so limited. There's an old Denon needle on my uncle's hand-me-down turntable from the late 80s just waiting to be used again...too bad I haven't had the time to use it. And don't let the age fool you; music is aStOUNDing with it.

Preliminary list of what's on sale at the moment:

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Digital Pro Edition - PS4 - $69.99 - 30% Off
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Digital Pro Edition - PS3 - $69.99 - 30% Off
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Gold Edition - PS4 - $49.79 - 17% Off
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Gold Edition - PS3 - $49.79 - 17% Off
Call of Duty: Black Ops & Black Ops II Game Bundle - PS3 - $22.14 - 73% Off
Call of Duty: Black Ops Ultimate Edition - PS3 - $44.41 - 53% Off
Call of Duty: Black Ops with First Strike - PS3 - $20.00 - 60% Off
Call of Duty: Black Ops II and Season Pass Bundle - PS3 - $45.00 - 55% Off
Call of Duty: Black Ops II With Revolution Map Pack - PS3 - $19.80 - 67% Off
Call of Duty: Ghosts Digital Hardened Edition - PS4 - $45.00 - 55% Off
Call of Duty: Ghosts Digital Hardened Edition - PS3 - $45.00 - 55% Off
Call of Duty: Ghosts Digital Gold Edition - PS4 - $19.80 - 67% Off
Call of Duty: Ghosts Digital Gold Edition - PS3 - $19.80 - 67% Off
Urban Trial Freestyle - PS3 - $6.99 - 30% Off - Permanent Price Drop
Urban Trial Freestyle Bundle - PS3/Vita - $10.99 - 21% Off - Permanent Price Drop

PS+:

Infinity Runner - PS4 - $6.29 - 10% Off
Shovel Knight - PS4/PS3/Vita - $13.49 - 10% Off - Cross Buy
World Hunter - PS3 - $8.99 - 10% Off

The Call of Duty stuff might get additional PS+ discounts, but they're not up yet at the moment. The God of War HD Collection games are in the PS+ New Arrivals section, but don't have a discount listed that may also change at some point.

another week with nothing on sale for the vita lol whatever sony. whatever. t
Thanks for reminding us that it's Tuesday.

So want this as I love the music to Journey, but will probably never get it since it's so limited. There's an old Denon needle on my uncle's hand-me-down turntable from the late 80s just waiting to be used again...too bad I haven't had the time to use it. And don't let the age fool you; music is aStOUNDing with it.
I doubt very many people actually play the vinyl. I'm sure most of them will stay shrink wrapped and be displayed on a shelf.

Not true, Shovel Knight is 10% off!
cross buy so its not really a vita only game--- stop trying to push a game into a sale :)

really should dump the other 5 year cards off since cant reemmber the last time i got anything from PSN+

know for a fact not a single game this year

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/docs-for-playstation/cid=UP9000-CUSA02319_00-1234123412341234

Was this announced before that I somehow missed Docs for PlayStation?

Docs for PlayStation® is a new digital platform developed exclusively for PlayStation® that delivers a unique way for users to access their documentation. Game manuals, strategy guides, art books, comics, and more can now be accessed and viewed in a dynamic, digital format via console, mobile, tablets and web at https://docs.playstation.com.

• Built for PlayStation®
Docs for PlayStation® offers a new way for users to access their documentation across the PlayStation® family of hardware (PS4TM system, PSTM Vita).

Video output in Full HD 1080p requires 1080p native display.

1080p HD Video Output

• Second Screen
Allows for a true second screen experience. The platform automatically adapts to any screen it’s viewed on, from smart phones and tablets, all the way to large HD TVs.

• Dynamic Experience

The platform allows for dynamic content, such as video, expandable screen shots, music / SFX, GIFs, and more.
Visit that link in the quote to see what it has to offer, which right now are mostly manuals and a strategy guide for The Order: 1886.

slidecage has become the new Cheapest in terms of flaunting that he has all of these PS+ cards but no reason to use them.
how well they were doing last year in terms of vita games i grabbed like 8 of them when they were like 35 each (well also needed to spend 150 bucks quick for a credit card deal :)

I don't usually complain about PSN sales, but since I've been on this all digital kick I kind of wanted to buy AW digital... $10 off really?
Well, you can look at it compared to the XBL COD sale... AW isn't even in it. That said no rightful CAG would bite on $10 off.

Is there a demo for Shovel Knight?  $13.49 for cross platform sounds good if the game is worth the hype. 

I seem to recall a time on PSP where they were pushing digital comics. Does Vita have an app like Comixology or something similar to read comics?

There is going to be a new Vita Model Showed off at E3 with an HDMI port and some other upgrades apparently so it seems as if sony isnt stopping Vita support anytime soon but I do wonder like Slidecage does as to why there are hardly any sales for that platform but oh well, the last month or so has been pretty shitty on sales period besides all the awesome indie games but most of the indie games in the spring sale could or can be gotten cheaper for other platforms nameingly pc soooo whatever i guess

Is there a demo for Shovel Knight? $13.49 for cross platform sounds good if the game is worth the hype.

I seem to recall a time on PSP where they were pushing digital comics. Does Vita have an app like Comixology or something similar to do so?
No, they haven't released demos for any of the other platforms that they've been on for about a year now. If you have any friends that own it, they can SharePlay it with you to let you try it out for yourself.

There's no comic app on Vita, but Docs with PlayStation could expand to fill that role since it's supposed to work on PS4 and Vita whenever it goes live on there.

There is going to be a new Vita Model Showed off at E3 with an HDMI port and some other upgrades apparently so it seems as if sony isnt stopping Vita support anytime soon but I do wonder like Slidecage does as to why there are hardly any sales for that platform but oh well, the last month or so has been pretty shitty on sales period besides all the awesome indie games but most of the indie games in the spring sale could or can be gotten cheaper for other platforms nameingly pc soooo whatever i guess
sony has to know you can only beat a dead horse so long until its head falls off... :)

Not like it really matters to Slidecage whether or not they have sales. Everything is wrong with the Vita to him. If he's not bitching about lack of sales, he's bitching about lack of games, lack of this, lack of that. I wish he'd sell his Vita and shut up about it already.

Not like it really matters to Slidecage whether or not they have sales. Everything is wrong with the Vita to him. If he's not bitching about lack of sales, he's bitching about lack of games, lack of this, lack of that. I wish he'd sell his Vita and shut up about it already.
you have to admit the PSN+ has been nothing but mostly crap this year

Jan

Duke

whoa dave lol

FEB

Rouge (had already last great game)

kick and crap

March

oil 2

count spy

april

killzone

monster bag

1 good game this entire year

Jan
Duke
whoa dave lol

FEB
kick and crap

March
oil 2
count spy

april
killzone
monster bag

I'm with you in wanting more sales for Vita, but I'd say OlliOlli 2, Killzone and Counterspy were all pretty good if you didn't own them already (impossible in the case of the first one).

This month's Killzone: Mercenary single handedly killed what was offered on PS4 (Never Alone is okay, but the other two games were crap).

Jan

Duke

whoa dave lol

FEB

kick and crap

March

oil 2

count spy

april

killzone

monster bag

You forgot Run Sackboy! Run! which is an awesome game. :)

I'll probably grab the sunset one.

There's a new PS Heroes theme too, that's not too bad, but not as good as these. It has a video as well but dont have link. I hope this is a standard now for all themes to have videos. I picked up the Snoop Dawg theme blindly last time, though it was what I was thinking it'd be.

Jan

Duke

whoa dave lol

FEB

kick and crap

March

oil 2

count spy

april

killzone

monster bag

So, go sell your Vita and PS3/PS4 already. Bitch, bitch, bitch.

Games that are free are still free and not everyone has your opinion on PS+. I'm more than OK with the free games they had, since I didn't own most of them, so they were a nice variety of items.

This week's sales are just bad. Was hoping they would throw out some older call of duties like world at war and the first modern warfare for around 5 bucks. Oh well.

That's too optimistic. I assume you're making that judgment based on that tweet by that patent bot, so let me just direct you to this article. It explains why you probably shouldn't get your hopes up.

another week with nothing on sale for the vita lol whatever sony. whatever. t
My guess is that as part of this Spring Fever 'Franchise' promotion they had to agree to keep the various franchises 'center stage' to some degree. They ultimately don't determine what goes on sale or for what price unless they publish it, anyway.

cross buy so its not really a vita only game--- stop trying to push a game into a sale :)
who cares if a game is 'vita only' or not if you're going to be playing it on your fucking vita anyway?

Jan

Duke

whoa dave lol

FEB

kick and crap

March

oil 2

count spy

april

killzone

monster bag

Killzone Mercenaries is probably the best game for Vita they've ever given away - best as in both quality combined with mass appeal. Tied with Uncharted GA, I suppose -- UGA has more mass appeal, KZM is the better game (even though i loved both)

Rogue Legacy is well loved.

Olli Olli 2 has a lot of fans too.

Kick & Fennick is very well received, though I haven't tried it.

Counter Spy is pretty darn good, actually.

You don't even play the damn games. How would you know what is good or not?

Not to mention, as you said you paid $35 per year. That's $2.91 per month. That's $1.45 per VIta game, assuming you don't have a PS3 or PS4 and there is no cross buy games (that is, more than 2 per month, which there often are).

Cry me a fucking river if your $1.50 game isn't a AAA game every month, especially since it seems you don't even want AAA games like Killzone.

I seem to recall a time on PSP where they were pushing digital comics. Does Vita have an app like Comixology or something similar to read comics?

No, they haven't released demos for any of the other platforms that they've been on for about a year now. If you have any friends that own it, they can SharePlay it with you to let you try it out for yourself.

There's no comic app on Vita, but Docs with PlayStation could expand to fill that role since it's supposed to work on PS4 and Vita whenever it goes live on there.
There is sort of a comic reader for Vita. It's a psmobile app, though, called iirc Comic Station. It got 'decent to okay' reviews at launch, I don't know if it's been patched/updated since to make it better.

Obviously, PSM is going away soon so if you want it, grab it now and keep it on your Vita.

I don't know anything about this Docs app, looking into it now because I've wanted an Ereader on my Vita forever.

Wish they sold the Call of Duty DLC separately. Although, two Black Ops games for $22.14 is a pretty good deal.

Curious to hear what you guys think of Shovel Knight.

Jan

Duke

whoa dave lol

FEB

kick and crap

March

oil 2

count spy

april

killzone

monster bag

Didn't Valiant Hearts come out this year?

Driveclub got a big update that added a new beginner-friendly tour with 11 new races on various tracks and some cars you probably won't unlock until later in the game along with a lot of other things. There's a new Ferrari LaFerrari car that you can earn for free by getting Rank 5 in the Ferrari Owners Club Accolade if you don't want to buy it from the PS Store. You can save replays from MP races. There are now options to change audio options for cockpit view and some new options for single event races (half hour intervals for Time of Day and up to 25 lap races). They have more DLC coming soon to go with this update.

Driveclub got a big update that added a new beginner-friendly tour with 11 new races on various tracks and some cars you probably won't unlock until later in the game along with a lot of other things. There's a new Ferrari LaFerrari car that you can earn for free by getting Rank 5 in the Ferrari Owners Club Accolade if you don't want to buy it from the PS Store. You can save replays from MP races. There are now options to change audio options for cockpit view and some new options for single event races (half hour intervals for Time of Day and up to 25 lap races). They have more DLC coming soon to go with this update.
Cool, ill give this a try again then.

slidecage is going from that eccentric relative that's harmless and amusing to the vitriolic conspiracy theorist doomsday prepper one.

Golden week is next week should be great sales
Let's hope they come through so we can all say how glad we are that outside of the flash sales the last two months were crap so we could save our money.

Of course the update comes out right after I plat it. I do have the season pass but I'll probably rebuy DC in a couple months after they released the last 2-3 months of SP content. Evolution is cool in my book though, they turned that horrible start around and have a pretty good racing game out there.

Last weekends flash sale was fantastic, so having a down week isn't that big of a deal really.  I do hope they do another 10% off code soon though, have a couple season passes I want to pick up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back