PSN Weekly Deals - 9/1: Atlus Sale, PS+ Specials, & 6 New PS+ Games! PWYW Foul Play on PS4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store on PSN.

Index

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 2 PM PT/5 PM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
X - Expires With Next Update
P - Permanent Price Drop
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

September's PS+ Games

:ps4: Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition

:ps4: Grow Home

:vita: La-Mulana EX

:ps3: LittleBigPlanet Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move

:ps4:  :vita: Super Time Force Ultra

:ps4:  :ps3: Teslagrad

:ps3: Twisted Metal

:ps4:  :vita: Xeodrifter

PlayStation Heroes

:ps4: Foul Play - $2.00 to $100.00 [customspoiler='Fine Print'] :ps4: Foul Play is a part of the PlayStation Heroes program, which means that you can pay your choice among a variety of price points for an item that is usually a theme for entries into a contest to win some prize with most of the money going to a charity. There are no details at the moment for what the prize for buying Foul Play offers, so I'll post that whenever it's announced.

Edit: From the PlayStation Heroes app on PS4, the Foul Play promotion is for a trip to PlayStation Experience in December. Once you purchase the game, you're supposed to go here to register for the actual contest, though you should wait until the page is updated for the PlayStation Experience promotion instead of whatever it's on at the moment.[/customspoiler]

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT unless otherwise noted
:ps4: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps3: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps4: Sword Coast Legends - $34.79 - 13% Off - Out Fall 2016 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]170 Platinum for Warframe[/customspoiler]

:ps3: Yakuza 5 - $33.99 - 15% Off - Out Fall 2015 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]PS3 Static Theme[/customspoiler]

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Back to Bed Game & Dynamic Theme Bundle - $14.99 - 25% Off X

:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Nova-111 - $11.99 - 20% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate - $11.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted - $6.99 - 30% Off
:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Q*bert: Rebooted/Pixel Game and Theme Bundle - $8.99 - 25% Off

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: The Stealth Inc 1 & 2 Ultimate-est Edition - $12.99 - 24% Off NP

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones - $9.99 - 33% Off NP
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Titan Attacks! - $3.49 - 75% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: Velocibox - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows Game and PS4 Theme Bundle - $9.99 - 20% Off

PS4

Armello - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

Attacking Zegeta - $5.00 - 50% Off

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $39.99 - 20% Off NX

Daylight - $7.50 - 50% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N

Driveclub - $24.99 - 38% Off

God of War III Remastered - $35.99 - 10% Off NX

J-Stars Victory VS+ - $41.99 - 30% Off NX
The Last Tinker: City of Colors Game and Theme Bundle - $10.19 - 40% Off
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - $29.99 - 40% Off NP
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition - $39.99 - 20% Off NP
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Yorbie - $4.99 - 50% Off NP
Zombie Vikings - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

PS3

AquaPazza - $15.00 - 50% Off NX
Bladestorm: Nightmare - $34.99 - 30% Off NX
BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $34.99 - 30% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off - Move Compatible

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Legion Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

R.I.P.D.: The Game - $3.00 - 70% Off NX
Tears to Tiara II: Heir of the Overlord - $20.00 - 50% Off NX
World Hunter - $8.99 - 10% Off

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

PS1 Classics - Compatible with PS3/PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Vita- PS TV Compatibility

Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars - $19.79 - 34% Off NX

Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $29.99 - 25% Off NX

Draw Slasher - $3.00 - 50% Off
Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
Hyperdimension Neptunia ReBirth2 - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
J-Stars Victory VS+ - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Persona 4 Golden - $19.79 - 34% Off NX
PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate HD - $11.99 - 20% Off
Reel Fishing Master's Challenge - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

Gungnir - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Hexyz Force - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Knights in the Nightmare - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Riviera: The Promised Land - $5.00 - 50% Off NX
Yggdra Union - $5.00 - 50% Off NX

Minis - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Blacklight: Retribution

DC Universe Online

Loadout

PlanetSide 2

Trans-Galactic Tournament

Warframe

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

PS3 Add-ons

Dust 514
Skullgirls Encore

Vita Add-ons

My Singing Monsters

Samurai Warriors: Chronicles 3

Themes

:ps4: Back to Bed Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps4: The Last Tinker Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off

:ps4: Q*bert: Rebooted Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off
:ps4: Velocibox Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps3: Yakuza 5: Fulfiller of Dreams - Free

Protection Plans
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Accidental Damage 36 Months - $53.99 - 10% Off
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Non-Accidental Damage 36 Months - $44.99 - 10% Off

Weird Prices on PSN
:ps3: :psp: 9-in-1 Mega Pack - $2.99 - 70% Off
:ps3: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:vita: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:psp: Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: Psychonauts - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Saints Row 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Sports Champions - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Sports Champions 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Street Fighter III Third Strike Online Edition - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: :psp: The Ultimate Runner Game Bundle - $1.99 - 50% Off [customspoiler=Includes]The Impossible Game and One Epic Game, which are normally $1.99 each.[/customspoiler]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Because all the accessories are now pretty cheap I bought Move to go along with the Resident Evil Chronicles collection. I got a Move controller, an Eye camera, and a Sharp Shooter for $30. Games afterwards seem like slim pickings, but I'm looking forward to playing Resident Evil rail shooters with a light gun.

There are a couple House of the Dead games, and Heavy Rain and Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut are already in my backlog. If reviews say the last two work well with Move I'll pick up the Navigation controller.

WTF

Didn't expect it to be marked up like that, that's ridiculous. Not surprised that GS would take an exclusive and use it to scree everyone though.
They wanted to make up for the cost of the exclusivity. One would think that the extra traffic the exclusive red PS4 controller brings would be enough for them. But this is Gamestop, so it's expected. Business is business, and fair is fair. Personally, I can't stand that red contoller. Too ostentatious. But a lot of people love that color. To each his/her own.

Lightgun offerings on PS3 Move:

Time Crisis Razing Storm collection, includes TC4 and Deadstorm Pirates, the latter is in every arcade I've been in these days. Great set.

HotD3

HotD4

Maybe HotD:Overkill but Overkill is a giant lol nobody cares about that.

Dead Space Extraction (This one is just outstanding with an extremely well presented story to boot. Play it after DS1 though as it spoils everything in DS1 and if you haven't played DS1 the giant fuck you lol that is the final objective will not be apparent.)

Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles and Darkside Chronicles

I didn't like REUC but it wasn't bad. Darkside Chronicles was just terrible though. It doubles down on the glacial pace of REUC and constantly the viewpoint swings about like you're drunk because apparently they couldn't make the game hard otherwise beyond that awful fiddly tip of the crown weak spot. I couldn't play it because I was almost becoming dizzy from the whole thing and I have a cast iron stomach for gaeman.

I mean, seriously, just watch this garbage. It's atrocious.

https://youtu.be/-wUng4g3ZvY?t=436

Wow, that seriously is a lot of swaying. I'm a light gun fan but I hated Umbrella Chronicles. It made me so angry. Time Crisis is good but not recommended if you're a trophy whore. One of those games has a fps included which is utterly horrible. Piss poor controls on that. I think it's because Japanese companies really don't make fps games. And the same game has a dead online PvP component. Be forewarned

Wow, that seriously is a lot of swaying. I'm a light gun fan but I hated Umbrella Chronicles. It made me so angry. Time Crisis is good but not recommended if you're a trophy whore. One of those games has a fps included which is utterly horrible. Piss poor controls on that. I think it's because Japanese companies really don't make fps games. And the same game has a dead online PvP component. Be forewarned
I think the Razing Storm bundle has the unnecessary story/sentry mode nonsense. But it includes Time Crisis 4, which had a previous release with its own unloved guncon PS3 peripheral. But Razing Storm doesn't include the story nonsense in TC4's original release.

If being a trophy whore keeps you from enjoying light gun games, I have tremendous pity for you.

Razing Storm is so AMERICA fuck YEAH it's brilliant, except the entire last level is locked behind one of those do or die shoot fast minigames and the ending is just a stupid cliffhanger. Why on earth would you end an arcade light gun game on a cliffhanger? YOU AREN'T MAKING A SEQUEL YOU LACKWITS.

TC4 is flamboyant, even for the TC series. I mean, your main characters are so flaming it hurts and periodically the game will drift into stuff so stupid I can't even spoil it. If you're interested, youtube the second and final bosses but if you intend to play it I think it's best experienced for the "what the fuck " to be taken live.

It also has Deadstorm Pirates. There's a reason Deadstorm Pirates is in EVERY ARCADE, and why it has almost a dozen cabinet shooter copies and clones following the same formula. Let's Go Jungle, Let's Go Island, Monster Eye, Transformers, etc. These guys are all about excitement and Deadstorm nails it.

None of these are the best of the genre (Confidential Mission and I will fight anyone who says otherwise to the death. Take a seat HotD2 kids, it's an extremely well-deserved second place.) but you aren't going to get even three of these in one place even in the best of arcades and they're all worth playing. HotD4 is the ONLY console release of that game and includes the HotD4SP thing which was a giant room sized cabinet gimmick if I remember correctly so this is a treasure trove of solid games.

I'm still mad as crap we haven't gotten more ports or easy emulation of light gun games. The genre is not dead, not by a long shot, but you can't find the new stuff any more.

I mean, about the only stuff on PS3 that actually can be had elsewhere is HotD3, PC and Wii, and DSE, also on Wii.

And seriously if you liked Dead Space 1 even a little DSE is a must play.

Damn. I just read Umbrella Chronicles covers what happens in Resident Evil Zero. Now I might hold off from playing it until after Zero comes out next year. Eh, it's not like the Resident Evil storylines are mind blowing. So I first experience the events through Chronicles instead of Zero. It won't be that bad.

About Gamestop charging more for their exclusive controller. It's not surprising considering they marked up the price of the PS4 camera when they were the first ones to get a re-stock.

RollingSkull, I forgot that the game was called Razing Storm so you're right. I've always wished that they ported the Virtual Cop collection. Since they did that for House of The Dead, I figured they'd do the same thing with Virtua Cop. I played them in the arcades but never got to finish any if them.

I'm happy to see all 3 platforms had rpgs at the top of their respective list.  The Mass Effect Trilogy for $5 is the steal of the century.  It's my favorite series of all time.  Suikoden II, rightly so, beating out FFVII.  Love that soundtrack of Suikoden II.

I'm really glad to see Earth Defense Force getting localized for PS4, and more Legend of Heroes coming.

I'm not sure about Estival Versus, need to play Shinobi Versus and see how I like it.

I'm happy to see all 3 platforms had rpgs at the top of their respective list. The Mass Effect Trilogy for $5 is the steal of the century. It's my favorite series of all time. Suikoden II, rightly so, beating out FFVII. Love that soundtrack of Suikoden II.
Having played all three Mass Effect games on 360, I will probably never play the Mass Effect Trilogy that I bought during the $5 PSN sale, but I am glad that I can say that I did so simply because I can say that I was there.

[quote name="josekortez" post="12728229" timestamp="1433540312"]Having played all three Mass Effect games on 360, I will probably never play the Mass Effect Trilogy that I bought during the $5 PSN sale, but I am glad that I can say that I did so simply because I can say that I was there.[/quote]
I played 3-5 hours of ME1 on 360 and never went back. I have a dealed CE that I was going to sell but the value tanked so i missed the boat

I'm gonna come right out and say it. EDF is musou with giant bugs and is only fun for novelty. You can't dodge most enemy attacks. The entire game is skilless grind. You should play it but once the wow factor is gone kick it to the curb like the useless trivial game it is.

Speaking of trivial, Time Crisis 5 showed up in my local D&B and I bought $20 worth of play to be sure to clear it, so imagine my shock when I beat it in 6 continues (And not because I was good. I played like dog shit, though I almost want to blame the red shot timings for being ridiculously strict.). It's criminally short. You literally only have the weapon select available to you for like three or four screens. It ends on a cliffhanger claiming TC5 TRUE MASTERMIND EDITION COMING IN 2015 which explains it: they released half a game now and expect to finish it later.

Of course every other person I saw walk up to the machine cratered at 1-1 or 1-2 and didn't continue so I guess maybe they know their audience better than me.

This is all irrelevant since it's not PSN but I'm mad as shit so you can read my blog posts.

Did anyone pick up Jurassic Park back when it was on sale for really cheap a while back? I did, and figured id go play it with the new movie coming out. Instead of just d.loading the whole game it downloaded 4 episodes individually. WHich is a bit odd but i figured no biggie. Unfortunately it then installed them as separate games. What the heck? I have 4 different games on my HDD called ep 1, ep 2, ect. Is this how its supposed to be? Seems really derpy and dumb. Isn't there a way to... you know, install it like a real game? Like the walking dead, or wolf among us? Does that also mean theres different trophies for each one? Friggin weird

Also, anyone know what the lowest Okami HD has been? Im considering getting it for the $5 sale price. I have the original and the wii ones though so not sure if its really worth it

Did anyone pick up Jurassic Park back when it was on sale for really cheap a while back? I did, and figured id go play it with the new movie coming out. Instead of just d.loading the whole game it downloaded 4 episodes individually. WHich is a bit odd but i figured no biggie. Unfortunately it then installed them as separate games. What the heck? I have 4 different games on my HDD called ep 1, ep 2, ect. Is this how its supposed to be? Seems really derpy and dumb. Isn't there a way to... you know, install it like a real game? Like the walking dead, or wolf among us? Does that also mean theres different trophies for each one? Friggin weird

Also, anyone know what the lowest Okami HD has been? Im considering getting it for the $5 sale price. I have the original and the wii ones though so not sure if its really worth it
That's how it is. It was one of their earlier episodic titles before they did it as a single game.

I didn't pick up ME trilogy, but I already plat'd 2 and 3.   I'll wait for the inevitable PS4 remaster and then still ignore it.

Going back to The Last of Us, however, was magnificent.

Does anybody know if the Muramasa Rebirth DLC ever goes on sale? I just started the game on my new PS TV and I can already tell I will want the DLC in the future but I'm not paying $5 a piece for them lol. Just curious if they've ever been on sale yet so I can have some semblance of hope for a future sale.

Yes, there are separate trophy lists for each episode. All of Telltale's pre-Walking Dead games are like this - Sam & Max, Back To The Future, Jurassic Park.
Physical version of Back to the Future has all its trophies in a single list with a Platinum.

It doesn't go on sale very often, but I'm pretty sure it's never been lower than $5.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/06/07/the-drop-new-playstation-games-for-692015/

Here's The Drop fort his week:

New PlayStation Games This Week

Arcade Archives Gradius
PS4 — Digital

Gradius is a shooter released in 1985. Players control the Super Dimension fighter Vic Viper and fight Bacterian with the aid of devastating power-ups. This shooter is the first of a masterpiece series from Konami that has had lasting impact on the genre.

The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
PS4 — Digital, Retail

The award-winning fantasy role-playing series, The Elder Scrolls goes online — no game subscription required. Experience this multiplayer role-playing game on your own or together with your friends, guild mates, and thousands of alliance members.

Hustle Kings
PS4 — Digital

Rack ’em up and get ready to hustle as the king of pool games comes to PS4, packed with exciting new features. Compete against the world in 1-on-1 matches and multiplayer tournaments to rise up the online league.

Invokers Tournament
PS4 — Digital

Fight your way through frenetic online battles in this new action MOBA! Collect and learn to use the different invocations and rise to the title of Tournament Champion! Acquire all the invocation rings and equip your character with different combinations in fun and exciting online matches.

LEGO Jurassic World
PS4, PS3, Vita — Digital, Retail (Out June 12th)

LEGO Jurassic World is the first video game to let players experience all four Jurassic films in humorous LEGO form. The thrilling adventure recreates unforgettable scenes and action sequences from the films, allowing fans to play through key moments and giving them the opportunity to fully explore the expansive grounds of Isla Nublar and Isla Sorna.

Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy
Vita — Digital, Retail

Paranormal phenomenon threaten Tokyo. The city’s only hope lies in the Xth Squad — a covert team of youths armed with technology from the Code Physics Agency. Unleash the genetic legacy of history’s greatest heroes and fight back against the Abyss!

Demos and Betas
Tropico 5 –PS4 Demo

It's the most wonderful time of the year. Hype levels increasing...

HitSRMD.png

Does anybody know if the Muramasa Rebirth DLC ever goes on sale? I just started the game on my new PS TV and I can already tell I will want the DLC in the future but I'm not paying $5 a piece for them lol. Just curious if they've ever been on sale yet so I can have some semblance of hope for a future sale.
yeah they have had them on sale twice already. I bought the first 2 for 50% off ($2.50 each) but the last sale I think was all 4 bundled for $10 I think, maybe cheaper. I felt slapped in the face so I didn't buy the last 2 yet, hoping for another individual sale and not bundled.

yeah they have had them on sale twice already. I bought the first 2 for 50% off ($2.50 each) but the last sale I think was all 4 bundled for $10 I think, maybe cheaper. I felt slapped in the face so I didn't buy the last 2 yet, hoping for another individual sale and not bundled.
Thanks for the info bro, I appreciate it greatly. Not that I sleep very often to begin with but I was up until like 6am playing this shit last night haha, it's awesome and I'll definitely have to keep an eye out for the next sale on the DLC. Game is extremely colorful too, I am really impressed by it.

Thanks for the info bro, I appreciate it greatly. Not that I sleep very often to begin with but I was up until like 6am playing this shit last night haha, it's awesome and I'll definitely have to keep an eye out for the next sale on the DLC. Game is extremely colorful too, I am really impressed by it.
Thanks for reminding me I wanted add this game to my wish list. But I am torn between $25 physical copy from Amazon, or going digital and getting the bundle with all the DLC for $35. Either way I'll wait and hope for a price drop.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/06/08/super-meat-boy-coming-to-ps4-ps-vita-yes-really/

Super Meat Boy is coming to PS4/Vita and it'll be free for PS+ during its launch month.

The Capcom remaster train rolls on with a new Mega Man collection for $15:
The newly announced Mega Man® Legacy Collection includes faithful reproductions of the original six Mega Man® games along with a new Challenge Mode and a Museum collection of art assets that will appeal to both new players and diehard fans. This digital collection will be available across North America and Europe this summer for PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, and PC, followed by a winter release on Nintendo 3DS™.

[quote name="awp" post="12732154" timestamp="1433777334"]Played it on 360 and it's a great game. One that spawned a lot of copycats to the fast and insanely difficulty short form platformer.

Wonder if the PS4/Vita edition will have any exclusive content?[/quote]
Your download will work exclusively on a sony system

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back