PSN Weekly Deals - 9/1: Atlus Sale, PS+ Specials, & 6 New PS+ Games! PWYW Foul Play on PS4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store on PSN.

Index

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 2 PM PT/5 PM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
X - Expires With Next Update
P - Permanent Price Drop
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

September's PS+ Games

:ps4: Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition

:ps4: Grow Home

:vita: La-Mulana EX

:ps3: LittleBigPlanet Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move

:ps4:  :vita: Super Time Force Ultra

:ps4:  :ps3: Teslagrad

:ps3: Twisted Metal

:ps4:  :vita: Xeodrifter

PlayStation Heroes

:ps4: Foul Play - $2.00 to $100.00 [customspoiler='Fine Print'] :ps4: Foul Play is a part of the PlayStation Heroes program, which means that you can pay your choice among a variety of price points for an item that is usually a theme for entries into a contest to win some prize with most of the money going to a charity. There are no details at the moment for what the prize for buying Foul Play offers, so I'll post that whenever it's announced.

Edit: From the PlayStation Heroes app on PS4, the Foul Play promotion is for a trip to PlayStation Experience in December. Once you purchase the game, you're supposed to go here to register for the actual contest, though you should wait until the page is updated for the PlayStation Experience promotion instead of whatever it's on at the moment.[/customspoiler]

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT unless otherwise noted
:ps4: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps3: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps4: Sword Coast Legends - $34.79 - 13% Off - Out Fall 2016 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]170 Platinum for Warframe[/customspoiler]

:ps3: Yakuza 5 - $33.99 - 15% Off - Out Fall 2015 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]PS3 Static Theme[/customspoiler]

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Back to Bed Game & Dynamic Theme Bundle - $14.99 - 25% Off X

:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Nova-111 - $11.99 - 20% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate - $11.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted - $6.99 - 30% Off
:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Q*bert: Rebooted/Pixel Game and Theme Bundle - $8.99 - 25% Off

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: The Stealth Inc 1 & 2 Ultimate-est Edition - $12.99 - 24% Off NP

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones - $9.99 - 33% Off NP
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Titan Attacks! - $3.49 - 75% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: Velocibox - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows Game and PS4 Theme Bundle - $9.99 - 20% Off

PS4

Armello - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

Attacking Zegeta - $5.00 - 50% Off

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $39.99 - 20% Off NX

Daylight - $7.50 - 50% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N

Driveclub - $24.99 - 38% Off

God of War III Remastered - $35.99 - 10% Off NX

J-Stars Victory VS+ - $41.99 - 30% Off NX
The Last Tinker: City of Colors Game and Theme Bundle - $10.19 - 40% Off
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - $29.99 - 40% Off NP
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition - $39.99 - 20% Off NP
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Yorbie - $4.99 - 50% Off NP
Zombie Vikings - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

PS3

AquaPazza - $15.00 - 50% Off NX
Bladestorm: Nightmare - $34.99 - 30% Off NX
BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $34.99 - 30% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off - Move Compatible

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Legion Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

R.I.P.D.: The Game - $3.00 - 70% Off NX
Tears to Tiara II: Heir of the Overlord - $20.00 - 50% Off NX
World Hunter - $8.99 - 10% Off

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

PS1 Classics - Compatible with PS3/PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Vita- PS TV Compatibility

Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars - $19.79 - 34% Off NX

Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $29.99 - 25% Off NX

Draw Slasher - $3.00 - 50% Off
Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
Hyperdimension Neptunia ReBirth2 - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
J-Stars Victory VS+ - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Persona 4 Golden - $19.79 - 34% Off NX
PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate HD - $11.99 - 20% Off
Reel Fishing Master's Challenge - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

Gungnir - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Hexyz Force - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Knights in the Nightmare - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Riviera: The Promised Land - $5.00 - 50% Off NX
Yggdra Union - $5.00 - 50% Off NX

Minis - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Blacklight: Retribution

DC Universe Online

Loadout

PlanetSide 2

Trans-Galactic Tournament

Warframe

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

PS3 Add-ons

Dust 514
Skullgirls Encore

Vita Add-ons

My Singing Monsters

Samurai Warriors: Chronicles 3

Themes

:ps4: Back to Bed Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps4: The Last Tinker Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off

:ps4: Q*bert: Rebooted Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off
:ps4: Velocibox Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps3: Yakuza 5: Fulfiller of Dreams - Free

Protection Plans
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Accidental Damage 36 Months - $53.99 - 10% Off
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Non-Accidental Damage 36 Months - $44.99 - 10% Off

Weird Prices on PSN
:ps3: :psp: 9-in-1 Mega Pack - $2.99 - 70% Off
:ps3: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:vita: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:psp: Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: Psychonauts - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Saints Row 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Sports Champions - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Sports Champions 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Street Fighter III Third Strike Online Edition - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: :psp: The Ultimate Runner Game Bundle - $1.99 - 50% Off [customspoiler=Includes]The Impossible Game and One Epic Game, which are normally $1.99 each.[/customspoiler]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in for:
Mass Effect (I missed the Trilogy sale and I already own 2 & 3)
Metal Gear Rising Revengence Ultimate Edition  (If the Price is right)

Resonance of Fate

Ar nosurge: Ode to an Unborn Star (maybe)

BioShock Infinite (maybe)

Geometry Wars 3 (maybe)

and probably some of the Red Faction games.

...And here I was thinking I was gonna get off without spending anything this week.

Dues Ex would be on that list if I didn't get it during the Square Enix sale.

In regards to digital downloads: would there ever be a scenerio where the servers remove the games similar to what happen to P.T? With these flash sales, I want to switch to digital to clear space in my home but not if I eventually lose the games.
There is always that chance. Your agreeing to a EULA that probably states if for any reason they want to pull it they can, steam, origin, uplay....

All going to be the same.

That said, I own plants vs zombies on the vita, it's no longer in the PSN store but I can still download it. PT was a rather odd pull no matter how you slice it.

I got a 2TB (my understood limit) in the PS3 and PS4 so I can keep local copies (XBOX One users luck out on offloading USB 3.0 to any External HDD they want).

Any opinion on Midnight Club LA?
It's a solid open world racing game with plenty of vehicle types and customizations. The career mode storyline is slick with lots of sarcasm and trash talk between the racers and various other characters. You won't be disappointed with it, it's easily one of my favorite racing games for PS3.

Side note: Why aren't the prices for Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition Remix for PS2 and Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition for PSP being shown? I take it they're not actually on sale?

Even at this price, is there any real worth in this? Any "good" game that uses this camera for anything? Is it useful whatsoever?

Side-note: I've seen "PS4 fans" that look as though they attach to the unit to keep it from overheating. Anyone have one/is it worth it?
It's much like the Kinect, it's best use is a glorified menu navigation tool. It's not as integrated as the Kinect with things like Bing. It is cool the first time it recognizes my face and my unique controller led logs me into my profile, but honestly going forward, I think it may be required for morpheus and is a luxury add-on.

If your a content creator and intend to use ShareFactory it's a resounding yes.

Really can't recommend the Gradius Collection enough. It includes the excellent Gradius Gaiden which was unreleased here for years until this collection hit and second-hand copies typically sells for $30-40 for that game alone. I'd even go so far to say that the Gradius Collection is the best retro collection available on the PSP. The game can be played on a Vita if you transfer it via a PS3.

Midnight Club: L.A. Remix worth $5 on psp/vita?
In regards to digital downloads: would there ever be a scenerio where the servers remove the games similar to what happen to P.T? With these flash sales, I want to switch to digital to clear space in my home but not if I eventually lose the games.
This is not really something you need to worry about. Delisted games are left on your download list. P.T. is a rare exception, because nobody ever actually bought it.

There might be one or two other examples, but I certainly can't think of any off hand and regardless the risk is extremely low if not zero.

Really can't recommend the Gradius Collection enough. It includes the excellent Gradius Gaiden which was unreleased here for years until this collection hit and second-hand copies typically sells for $30-40 for that game alone. I'd even go so far to say that the Gradius Collection is the best retro collection available on the PSP. The game can be played on a Vita if you transfer it via a PS3.
If the price is right, you sold me. This sale would do a lot of damage if I didn't already own a lot... it will still will do a fair amount.

After replaying TLOU on PS4, I can't wait for this. I plat'd all of them originally, and I didn't think i'd want the remasters... but the more i think about how much -fun- i had with them, the more i want to revisit them in preperation for U4.

Didn't even notice Gradius Collection is gonna be in this flash sale, If it's cheap enough I might just pick it up as well and I don't even have a Vita/PSP/PSTV.

You know just in case I ever get one. 

I have a problem.

Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCEI) has announced that PlayStation®Mobile (PSM) will cease distribution of content after July 15, 2015*1 and in-app purchases/re-download of purchased content will be discontinued after September 10, 2015.
Source: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Mobile-Support/INFO-Update-on-PlayStation-Mobile-PSM/td-p/45023971

Holy crap this is a horrible foresight for ps3 digital games & ps3 only psn items, probably a decade from now.

Holy crap this is a horrible foresight for ps3 digital games & ps3 only psn items, probably a decade from now.
PSM was a failure from the getgo and it was only a matter of time till it got shuttered.

PSN is a successful venture with a huge back catalog of beloved games and franchises that will be a cash cow for a very long time.

I wouldn't worry. They aren't suddenly going to stop selling us ps3 games in a decade. You might as well worry about the end of the world or something. They may eventually do something like get rid of the 'ps3 store' and require you to buy games on the website and download to your ps3 through a bare bones download list, like they do with the PSP, but that's just because it's expensive to maintain dead storefronts. But the website is already being maintained, so there's no reason they'd take the games down.

lol, you'd be naive if you think they won't ever take it down. At a certain point, especially with the store gone, it'll cost them money to have them up.

I'm in for:
Mass Effect (I missed the Trilogy sale and I already own 2 & 3)
Metal Gear Rising Revengence Ultimate Edition (If the Price is right)

Resonance of Fate

Ar nosurge: Ode to an Unborn Star (maybe)

BioShock Infinite (maybe)

Geometry Wars 3 (maybe)

and probably some of the Red Faction games.

...And here I was thinking I was gonna get off without spending anything this week.

Dues Ex would be on that list if I didn't get it during the Square Enix sale.
I own ME on PS3 because of the $5 trilogy sale, and just rebought it on the 360 due to BC (ME1 already works, 2 and 3 are supposedly coming soon)

Resonance of Fate is the one I am interested in, maybe a few of the others.

Just curious as to what to get....

I was thinking of Guilty Gear Xrd or Blazblue, but... the former still has to much DLC and I'd rather a packaged deal (Supposedly going to be released by X-mas) and the later is geting a PS4 release, with all the DLC.

My roommate just came into my room freaking out.

Apparently his PS+ account ran out and they never informed him.

Are there any good deals on PS+ right now?

I searched, but so many different articles came up.

My roommate just came into my room freaking out.

Apparently his PS+ account ran out and they never informed him.

Are there any good deals on PS+ right now?

I searched, but so many different articles came up.
The best one right now is get two $50 psn gift card on ebay for $85.

I had it worse when it expired while I am playing a game, and it kicked me out.

The best one right now is get two $50 psn gift card on ebay for $85.
I had it worse when it expired while I am playing a game, and it kicked me out.
That right there is why I like buying my games.
I'm in a tiny town with a bad net infrastructure. I've had the net go out while playing XB1G games, which makes many unplayable offline.

Same with PS+, while they can be used offline now am always worried something like you described.

Bought a lot of games last night before PSM shut down. I didn't care about it before the announcement but I found a lot of indie games that also turned out to be really fun. Some of the games even work on PSTV while others make full use of the Vita's touchscreen, motion sensor and rear touch panels. The saddest part other than the fact that all the bedroom coders will have to find other places to sell their PSM creations is that Sony just killed off an extensive amount of cool games for the Vita that lots of Vita owners will never experience. The fact that most of them were cheap and barely took up any space on a Vita memory card just adds insult to injury. That said, a good number of the games were crap but I hope that the excellent ones make their way to Android so they aren't lost forever.

Does anyone know if there are any issues with switching from a physical copy to a digital copy of a PS4 game?

I'm thinking about trading my GTA5 disc for $58 at Gamestop and buying the $60 GTA5/Shark Card combo deal but wonder if doing so will trigger a snafu. Will I lose my save? Need to download and reinstall? Or can I just buy the game via PSN store and start playing without the disc seamlessly? Thanks guys :)

Does anyone know if there are any issues with switching from a physical copy to a digital copy of a PS4 game?

I'm thinking about trading my GTA5 disc for $58 at Gamestop and buying the $60 GTA5/Shark Card combo deal but wonder if doing so will trigger a snafu. Will I lose my save? Need to download and reinstall? Or can I just buy the game via PSN store and start playing without the disc seamlessly? Thanks guys :)
You will need to delete the physical data, then redownload the digital version. Pretty dumb, but not as bad as Nintendo lol. Also, you would get $56 for GTAV :p $35 x 1.6!

You will need to delete the physical data, then redownload the digital version. Pretty dumb, but not as bad as Nintendo lol. Also, you would get $56 for GTAV :p $35 x 1.6!
Thanks. IIRC deleting game data doesn't affect save data, right? True about the two bucks... deal breaker? :whistle2:k I'll be happy to go digital with this game and pad the ol' GTA wallet for $4.

correct, deleting the game does not delete your saves and digital version uses the same one as physical.  I pretty much do that for all my games, buy physical and convert to digital if I really like it and no problems at all with saves/profiles so far (did it for GTA5 too).  it definitely sucks on PSN having to redownload, on xbox one it auto converts the existing install if you go digital.

correct, deleting the game does not delete your saves and digital version uses the same one as physical. I pretty much do that for all my games, buy physical and convert to digital if I really like it and no problems at all with saves/profiles so far (did it for GTA5 too). it definitely sucks on PSN having to redownload, on xbox one it auto converts the existing install if you go digital.
Thanks for the solid explanation. One more question — do androids dream of electric sheep? ;)

lol, you'd be naive if you think they won't ever take it down. At a certain point, especially with the store gone, it'll cost them money to have them up.

Naive? No, not really, not in a time frame worth worrying about.

You are forgetting they'd still have the web store to sell them, just like they do with PSP games (many of which still sell decently/well, especially with sales). There are still markets for ps1/ps2/ps3 and psp games, so there is no reason to stop selling them. And while you're correct it costs money to run the web store, that is a sunk cost since they already need to have the infrastructure and do the maintenance/etc for the webstore for the vita and ps4, or ps5/ps6/etc. There's no reason to stop selling the other games on the webstore. It's not like removing stuff that is still selling would save them money.

PSM was a completely separate entity and truly cost them unrecoverable money and had few sales to show for it. Of course that came down. Acting like that is in any way similar to actual classics on PSN is simply wrong.

Will the store be up in 2100? Who knows, who cares. Will it be up in 10 or 20 years? Odds are so strong it's not worth worrying about. there are far better things to worry about than psn or steam or whatever going away. Even if Sony went completely bankrupt, which is unlikely, odds are someone would buy PSN in the fire sale and keep it going because it makes money and there will always be a market for old games.

not a single thing buying on the vita... due to no space.
Or, you know, you could just delete something. My 64 gig is full too. I probably have 150 gigs worth of games at this point. Why would I stop buying what I want just because it means I'd need to delete something else?

Even at this price, is there any real worth in this? Any "good" game that uses this camera for anything? Is it useful whatsoever?

Side-note: I've seen "PS4 fans" that look as though they attach to the unit to keep it from overheating. Anyone have one/is it worth it?
It can automatically sign you in with face recognition. And... uh...

That's all I've used it for so far. It saves a single button press and I get to see myself mugging for the camera on my TV instead.

Naive? No, not really, not in a time frame worth worrying about.

You are forgetting they'd still have the web store to sell them, just like they do with PSP games (many of which still sell decently/well, especially with sales). There are still markets for ps1/ps2/ps3 and psp games, so there is no reason to stop selling them. And while you're correct it costs money to run the web store, that is a sunk cost since they already need to have the infrastructure and do the maintenance/etc for the webstore for the vita and ps4, or ps5/ps6/etc. There's no reason to stop selling the other games on the webstore. It's not like removing stuff that is still selling would save them money.

PSM was a completely separate entity and truly cost them unrecoverable money and had few sales to show for it. Of course that came down. Acting like that is in any way similar to actual classics on PSN is simply wrong.

Will the store be up in 2100? Who knows, who cares. Will it be up in 10 or 20 years? Odds are so strong it's not worth worrying about. there are far better things to worry about than psn or steam or whatever going away. Even if Sony went completely bankrupt, which is unlikely, odds are someone would buy PSN in the fire sale and keep it going because it makes money and there will always be a market for old games.
Due to my field of study and degrees, I actually agree with the former.

There will be a time when our games will be taken off line, due to the fact the cost of keeping the servers up would be more expensive than the profit they were earning.

The only problem is, when will this happen?
What about games that are already taken down?

I do think as digital distribution becomes more wide spread and accepted, that we'll see more government intervention and fair practices on how long these items should remain available to the consumers who have already purchased them.

I'll always prefer physical, but digital is a good compromise for now when you can get it for cheap and may not want to play the game multiple times.

Bought a lot of games last night before PSM shut down. I didn't care about it before the announcement but I found a lot of indie games that also turned out to be really fun. Some of the games even work on PSTV while others make full use of the Vita's touchscreen, motion sensor and rear touch panels. The saddest part other than the fact that all the bedroom coders will have to find other places to sell their PSM creations is that Sony just killed off an extensive amount of cool games for the Vita that lots of Vita owners will never experience. The fact that most of them were cheap and barely took up any space on a Vita memory card just adds insult to injury. That said, a good number of the games were crap but I hope that the excellent ones make their way to Android so they aren't lost forever.
There certainly are some gems among the PSM games, I agree with you. I was tempted to get a few of the Appli Archives games, but at $3 a pop, they seem too expensive; they really should all have been a buck each. There are other PSM games that are also higher-priced, in the $3-5 range, that I'm just unwilling to pay for, especially considering I might lose them later. My 64gb card got corrupted a few months ago, couldn't add games to it, it reported a capacity of zero bytes total, so I had to reformat it. Thankfully my saves for all those games were in the cloud, but if this had happened after the PSM takedown, I would have lost all those games.

Which brings up another point; if you have a 4gb card lying around unused (most people do, the capacity is way too small for much), it might be a good idea to d/l all the PSM games onto that card separately, just as a safeguard. Then if something happens to your main card, like it did with mine, you'd have a backup. I believe you can also backup the PSM games to a PC, another recommended approach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back