PSN Welcome Back (FREE GAMES)

What is dead nation about and I wish they gave out 3D movies and they should have a contest to win a 3D tv bundle :)

[quote name='starmask2k3']What is dead nation about and I wish they gave out 3D movies and they should have a contest to win a 3D tv bundle :)[/QUOTE]

Dead Nation is about a zombie outbreak leaving a nation dead. Its a thumbstick shooter where you fight off zombies. Theres a story... but its cliche. It also supports online, but in the end you walk around shooting zombies. Not the best game but people loved it...

[quote name='sykotek']The small compensation isn't only for the outage, its also for the leaked personal details and credit card info.

Although I'm not sure the above comments were directed at me, since I mainly wished to know whether the free titles were "actually free" or "PS+ free" I'll address them as if they were even though I don't think I was complaining unreasonably...

As a person who has regularly supported Sony through both physical purchases and through the PlayStation Online Store, I own the majority of these offered titles (all except Dead Nation), so the limited selection of titles is not proper compensation for me. Although it doesn't apply to everyone here, having to cancel my cards and update my info has already cost me both time and money in the short term not to mention having your personal details out there could cost you also in the long term, so why would myself or others who are not satisfied by this paltry offering not be entitled to voice our opinion on this limited selection if we find it to be unsatisfactory?

Be grateful? I'd be grateful if this never happened, but since it did, I don't want to be compensated less than those who only suffered from being offline. The selection sucks to me personally and I can complain because...well, I can and I feel perfectly justified in doing so since its just so damn therapeutic.

Say what you will about the XBox Live outage back in 2008 which was caused by a large surge of new users, people that bought Undertow (which admittedly was terrible) were refunded, so nobody lost out who owned the game. If they previously paid for it, they could just buy whatever else they wanted with the credit instead. ...also, during that time, no one's personal or credit info was stolen via XBox Live being down.

Sony can/should do better than what they've planned thus far.[/QUOTE]

None of my comments were directed at you however, if you use Facebook or make any other purchases on the internet, your information is going to get leaked, again. If you don't want that to happen again, you're going to have to drop off the grid.

Sony's Welcome Back Program is more than most people should have expected and I already own the majority of the games being offered.

I bought Undertow (God why?). I never was compensated. Not sure where you're getting that info.

IMO, what's worse about the XBL outage was that MS knew how many 360s were out there and how many were being sold but they still had a lapse in service?! Piss-poor management there.

[quote name='CapnO']Does anyone know if I hook up my PS3 today and sign up to PSN will i be able get in on this action?[/QUOTE]

You had to be a member before April 20th or something like that.

[quote name='sixspeednissan']You had to be a member before April 20th or something like that.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for answering my question.

I was hoping to score LBP for my son.

I've heard rumors of the PSP store coming online today. Does anyone know for sure? I want my free games, but I have to dig my PSP out of a box because we moved recently.

[quote name='Angel.9 Rakou Cobra']It just occurred to me I kinda forgot to mention in my other post that I definitely understand how others were affected by this (especially with the credit card leak), and I don't see anything wrong with those people feeling as though they should get some sort of compensation.

I meant to say I'm personally not affected by this. The only two cards I ever used on PSN are worthless now (one's been issued another number since its last use on PSN[from a different problem] and the other was a non-refillable gift card with about 34 cents left). However, I'm sure there are many, many people who aren't in my situation.

I hope I didn't offend anyone.[/QUOTE]

I think they've gone above and beyond of giving us some type of compensation. Credit cards take about 5 minutes to have one cancelled and have a new one re-issued if anyone was really that worried about that. The personal info can be found all too easily on the internet, and all we really had to go without was online play for 3 weeks. Sony themselves were the ones that lost tons of money and bad press(which they probably mostly deserved). Giving us games and movie rentals for free is causing them to lose even more money and if they wan to offer that as compensation it's more than good enough for me.

Oh, I know you were just expressing your opinion - and I'm not trying to jump on you or anything. Just thought I'd throw in my two cents.

[quote name='Daw19yoyo']Dang i wanted free Stuff. I guess I can't get The free Games huh?[/QUOTE]

Just go to the PSN trading forum. Everyone and their mom will have the freebie games listed with most likely little to no price increase.

The credit card database wasn't touched and they were encrypted. Anybody saying otherwise was just one of the already huge 11 million victims each year of fraud. No one ever posted about it on forums before because it didn't concern others. Now there's a reason to tie it to something, and confirmation bias takes over.

[quote name='Darklurkr23']I heard you can't get the free stuff for an account made before 4/20 right. Or something. Damn I was hoping to get them all :D[/QUOTE]
after

It's to keep people from making new accounts just for the free games. This was they know you were around before the outage hit.

[quote name='Captain Urahara']after

It's to keep people from making new accounts just for the free games. This was they know you were around before the outage hit.[/QUOTE]

That and if they didnt make sure there was no way to exploit this without having done so prior... why make it 2/5? xD

So anyone who bought a system during or the day of the outage gets no love? Looks like I'll contact customer support and provide receipts if that's the case.

[quote name='humidore']So anyone who bought a system during or the day of the outage gets no love? Looks like I'll contact customer support and provide receipts if that's the case.[/QUOTE]

If you're going to seriously complain about how you deserve games for buying a PS3 THIS LATE into the game... I really hope they throw the book at you =\

I was wondering... I made a PS3 account back in December just to check if codes where valid but I have actually never owned a PS3. Can I get two games also?

[quote name='COLDblood']I was wondering... I made a PS3 account back in December just to check if codes where valid but I have actually never owned a PS3. Can I get two games also?[/QUOTE]

Yes, but you would need a PS3 or PSP to claim games.

[quote name='Daw19yoyo']If I buy a used PS3 and he has a psn acc and I get the free games would they work on other acc's created later?[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure its like xbox and the digital rights are console locked.

[quote name='Daw19yoyo']If I buy a used PS3 and he has a psn acc and I get the free games would they work on other acc's created later?[/QUOTE]

You know you could read a FAQ before trying to rip off Sony... just saying =\

All accounts have 5 ps3 activations and 3 psp activations. So you can do whatever on 5 different machines with up to 16 accounts on a ps3 at 1 given time.

I am not trying to rip off sony. I just...well if I can find one for a very low price I could not afford games. Its kind of hard for us now. I, If I can find one for cheap, wil have to sell some of my newer games to be able to buy it. 2 free games makes it eaiser for me to spend the money to buy one.

EDIT: On my last post I ment to type on another acc created on it at a later date, probably an hour or more later, mabye next day.

[quote name='caldazar']anyone else having a problem with not being able to access the store yet via PSP?[/QUOTE]

Store isn't back yet.

[quote name='admiralvic']If you're going to seriously complain about how you deserve games for buying a PS3 THIS LATE into the game... I really hope they throw the book at you =\[/QUOTE]

I ordered it on the 18th of april, it arrived on the 20th. Bad timing on my part, I agree, but it still stands that I was unable to create a PSN account until a few days ago.

[quote name='humidore']I ordered it on the 18th of april, it arrived on the 20th. Bad timing on my part, I agree, but it still stands that I was unable to create a PSN account until a few days ago.[/QUOTE]

Ehh I disagree. If you didnt want to do everything on your PS3 you could have done it online. IE https://store.playstation.com/accounts/register/beginNewAccountRegistrationFlow.action . Not saying you should have done that, or judging... but there were ways to go about this prior.

[quote name='Mixer236']I think they've gone above and beyond of giving us some type of compensation. Credit cards take about 5 minutes to have one cancelled and have a new one re-issued if anyone was really that worried about that. The personal info can be found all too easily on the internet, and all we really had to go without was online play for 3 weeks. Sony themselves were the ones that lost tons of money and bad press(which they probably mostly deserved). Giving us games and movie rentals for free is causing them to lose even more money and if they wan to offer that as compensation it's more than good enough for me.

Oh, I know you were just expressing your opinion - and I'm not trying to jump on you or anything. Just thought I'd throw in my two cents.[/QUOTE]

I do agree there. My first thought seeing that list was "overkill." But I wasn't affected at all, so I assumed that was influencing my own feelings towards it, and that perhaps it was worse for others. To be honest, I didn't even notice PSN was down for about 6 days. lol And my personal data's been leaked/stolen multiple times already - once even by some college thing my school system encouraged me to sign up for a few years back.

But no need for me to drag this out. I just didn't want to look like I was arguing with anyone.

[quote name='Angel.9 Rakou Cobra']I do agree there. My first thought seeing that list was "overkill." But I wasn't affected at all, so I assumed that was influencing my own feelings towards it, and that perhaps it was worse for others. To be honest, I didn't even notice PSN was down for about 6 days. lol And my personal data's been leaked/stolen multiple times already - once even by some college thing my school system encouraged me to sign up for a few years back.

But no need for me to drag this out. I just didn't want to look like I was arguing with anyone.[/QUOTE]

No problem :)

I wouldn't have even noticed/cared PSN was down if it weren't for trophy sync and browsing the store. I pretty much never play anything online. lol

[quote name='Strigol']http://ps3.ign.com/articles/116/1169006p1.html

Short version: hackers are exploiting the password reset now, wonder how long it'll be down this time, and how much longer it'll extend a full return[/QUOTE]

While I don't think it'll have too much of an effect(as they say no actual hack took place), that was pretty stupid of them to not realize that something like that could happen. That's a pretty obvious loophole, there. :roll:

little further reading, the log in's of most sony sites are down, but PSN should still work if you've changed your password already.

Of course whomever stole everyones login / personal info can just change it to whatever they want. Will be interesting watching this one get fixed.

And as an aside, anyone played dead nation? I liked zombie apocalypse and ghostbuster was ok, hoping this is a step up from both of them.

[quote name='Strigol']little further reading, the log in's of most sony sites are down, but PSN should still work if you've changed your password already.

Of course whomever stole everyones login / personal info can just change it to whatever they want. Will be interesting watching this one get fixed.

And as an aside, anyone played dead nation? I liked zombie apocalypse and ghostbuster was ok, hoping this is a step up from both of them.[/QUOTE]

I have. It was really popular for the side things... but I never found it that amazing. Its basically zombie apoc but you move around and zombies are a bit more diverse.

[quote name='admiralvic']Ehh I disagree. If you didnt want to do everything on your PS3 you could have done it online. IE https://store.playstation.com/accounts/register/beginNewAccountRegistrationFlow.action . Not saying you should have done that, or judging... but there were ways to go about this prior.[/QUOTE]

The website was down as well though. It never occurred to me to create an account prior to having a system (if I knew they'd be hacked,i would've signed up through the website whole the system was in shipping).

In any case, I didn't mean to hijack the thread,i only meant to point out people who had no way of creating an account during the outage if they bought a system while our just before it happened.

Wow, the amount of greedy crybaby bitches on here is saddening. You aren't that important people, you think Sony should ship out 10s of millions of disc based games for you to just resell? That is fucking retarded. Get over yourselves.

as a psp user with 2 accounts, 4 free games sounds great, and they are all titles i wanted. Very happy with this solution. In all fairness sony could have offered nothing.

Also, got an email for free identity protection service on sony. I would have been happy with just that.

lol kinda funny seeing the Sony fanboys coming to Sony's defense, Sony screwed up and lost personal information of its customers these free games are the least they could do and hell they should have offered newer/better games

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']lol kinda funny seeing the Sony fanboys coming to Sony's defense, Sony screwed up and lost personal information of its customers these free games are the least they could do and hell they should have offered newer/better games[/QUOTE]

Better? If you can't find a top tier game out of those 5, you are the most jaded gamer on here.

[quote name='M3wThr33']Better? If you can't find a top tier game out of those 5, you are the most jaded gamer on here.[/QUOTE]

They could have done better... I am NOT disagreeing with you, but Super Stardust HD for Pixeljunk Shooter (not 2 but 1). However I will disagree that they could have included a specialty item (avatar/home costume/etc) for the % that has all of the games.

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']lol kinda funny seeing the Sony fanboys coming to Sony's defense, Sony screwed up and lost personal information of its customers these free games are the least they could do and hell they should have offered newer/better games[/QUOTE]

I honestly have no idea what's going on with all this Sony shit, I only use my ps3 as a blu-ray player, other than the rare exclusives that actually interest me, so I don't know all the details, but how did Sony screw up? I thought this was all stemming from them getting hacked, and damn near anything can get hacked. Nothing on the internet is ever 100% safe.

[quote name='opterasis']I honestly have no idea what's going on with all this Sony shit, I only use my ps3 as a blu-ray player, other than the rare exclusives that actually interest me, so I don't know all the details, but how did Sony screw up? I thought this was all stemming from them getting hacked, and damn near anything can get hacked. Nothing on the internet is ever 100% safe.[/QUOTE]

The bulletpoint version...

1. Tons of hackers were failing
  2. Geohotz of Iphone fame wanted more fame
  3. He found a hole in OtherOS which was missing from Slims anyways... and Sony just removed it.
  4. This pissed hackers off and they wanted it back. This also started a campaign for how much they loved that feature.
  5. Geohot posted the key
  6. Sony sued Geo
  7. Fanboys cried and shit happened
  8. Annon got involved and was a constant joke
  9. Geohot settled and that was that
  10. Annon kept being annoying
  11. Someone hacked the PSN and Sony pulled the plug
  12. Sony mentioned data might have been stolen
  13. People complained that Sony is a worthless company
  14. Sony said that credit card information should be safe
  15. people called their security into question and complained
  16. Sony offered PSN plus for 1 month + time back for people who paid for a service + a "Welcome back" package
  17. PSN comes back online in select area's. Japan's still offline.
  18. Sony details the welcome back program (as mentioned here)
  19. Welcome back program did not suit everyone and mostly people who had everything complained. People who generally gained from the package were happy and called them ungreatful.
  20. Several sites posted outrage or support for one of the two sides and usually picked an unreasonable solution like cash. This problem is still going on and will most likely last for a while.
  21. Sony had a new flaw that was preventable and people are mad at Sony again.
  22. Today.

Thats the gist... I might be out of order on some events. Its hard to remember annoying things XD

[quote name='opterasis']I honestly have no idea what's going on with all this Sony shit, I only use my ps3 as a blu-ray player, other than the rare exclusives that actually interest me, so I don't know all the details, but how did Sony screw up? I thought this was all stemming from them getting hacked, and damn near anything can get hacked. Nothing on the internet is ever 100% safe.[/QUOTE]

No, the internet is perfectly safe. Nobody here has ever had their information compromised/sold on a website before. Also, their information is worth hundreds of thousands of dollars, and they all deserve new release titles in a physical format.

You forgot about the part about Sony waiting almost a week after pulling the plug on PSN before notifying the public that their personal info may have been stolen. That's the key point to alot of people being pissed at Sony.

[quote name='admiralvic']The bulletpoint version...

1. Tons of hackers were failing
  2. Geohotz of Iphone fame wanted more fame
  3. He found a hole in OtherOS which was missing from Slims anyways... and Sony just removed it.
  4. This pissed hackers off and they wanted it back. This also started a campaign for how much they loved that feature.
  5. Geohot posted the key
  6. Sony sued Geo
  7. Fanboys cried and shit happened
  8. Annon got involved and was a constant joke
  9. Geohot settled and that was that
  10. Annon kept being annoying
  11. Someone hacked the PSN and Sony pulled the plug
  12. Sony mentioned data might have been stolen
  13. People complained that Sony is a worthless company
  14. Sony said that credit card information should be safe
  15. people called their security into question and complained
  16. Sony offered PSN plus for 1 month + time back for people who paid for a service + a "Welcome back" package
  17. PSN comes back online in select area's. Japan's still offline.
  18. Sony details the welcome back program (as mentioned here)
  19. Welcome back program did not suit everyone and mostly people who had everything complained. People who generally gained from the package were happy and called them ungreatful.
  20. Several sites posted outrage or support for one of the two sides and usually picked an unreasonable solution like cash. This problem is still going on and will most likely last for a while.
  21. Sony had a new flaw that was preventable and people are mad at Sony again.
  22. Today.

Thats the gist... I might be out of order on some events. Its hard to remember annoying things XD[/QUOTE]

[quote name='opterasis']I hope netflix goes down some day so I can feel entitled to a stack of free blurays.[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping Warcraft goes down from info being compromised, then they owe me a real-life fantasy experience. I want half naked women painted purple with elf ears, dancing on mailboxes, IRL.

bread's done
Back