PSNOT 2.0 - I kind of want to subscribe to IndieBox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had PS Plus since the beginning. And I think I can say without hyperbole, that this is the worst month ever. Even in the beginning when we got things like Sega Genesis classics for free, we were happy with those because we didn't know any better.

But giving Vita owners Kung Fu Rabbit and Kickbeat? Things that were just on sale for under a dollar each.

Getting the ps4 titles for vita is a small consolation, but not enough to offset the other slap.
Honestly, this month could have been Super Meat Boy and the podcast crew farting on a snare drum and I would have been happy.

I've had PS Plus since the beginning. And I think I can say without hyperbole, that this is the worst month ever. Even in the beginning when we got things like Sega Genesis classics for free, we were happy with those because we didn't know any better.

But giving Vita owners Kung Fu Rabbit and Kickbeat? Things that were just on sale for under a dollar each.

Getting the ps4 titles for vita is a small consolation, but not enough to offset the other slap.
Gotta say this lineup is still better than:

July 2010:
Critter Crunch - PSN - 7/27/10
Fieldrunners - Minis - 7/6/10
Kahoots - Minis - 7/27/10
Syphon Filter - PS1 - 7/27/10

I'm not really impressed with this month's lineup, but it's definitely still better than almost everything pre-IGC. It's better than August 2015 even IMO. And Kickbeat wasn't $1 otherwise I would own it, which I don't.

Last edited by a moderator:
You'd think with Microsoft backing it would help them work on games even quicker.
There are times when more money and resources are not a good thing. Throwing more people at things can cause the dynamics to change. Also, there is a lot more bureaucracy to deal with in a large company that a small indie dev would not have had to worry about.

Since I still believe MS all but ruined Rare, it does not surprise me that their "assistance" to other small devs could have been less than beneficial.

Pharm last night I picked up this TV for $528 after Samsclub PM.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/vizio-m-series-43-class-42-5-diag--led-2160p-smart-4k-ultra-hd-tv-black/3733004.p?id=1219597974182&skuId=3733004

My old TV was a Vizio 37" E series and I had it for 6 years and still going strong. I'm going to pick up a SquareTrade warranty for if something happens in the future to my new tv. I need to pick up a wall mount now from Monoprice and get it set up by the weekend. I'll let you know what I think of the TV after I get to check out the features.

I see lots of people talk shit on Vizio but all electronics run into problems. If you go in knowing your not getting a $4000+ 4k TV for $550+ there shouldn't be an issue. The problem people are expecting all the high end features on a Vizio set. You get the most bang for dollar on a Vizio. I was looking at other brands but the TV I picked up should be just fine for my gaming and watching needs.

July 2010:

I'm not really impressed with this month's lineup, but it's definitely still better than almost everything pre-IGC. It's better than August 2015 even IMO. And Kickbeat wasn't $1 otherwise I would own it, which I don't.
What would be interesting to me would be creating a bracket of the last 32 months of PS Plus and do head-to-head matchups to see which month came out on top, similar to what we did with the fast food.

July 2010:

Not really a fair comparison as there were no Vita or PS4 games. Back then nearly everything we got was shitty with a ton of PS1 games and mini's.

Since I still believe MS all but ruined Rare
killer-instinct-o.gif

Not really a fair comparison as there were no Vita or PS4 games. Back then nearly everything we got was shitty with a ton of PS1 games and mini's.
True but he said

"I've had PS Plus since the beginning. And I think I can say without hyperbole, that this is the worst month ever. Even in the beginning when we got things like Sega Genesis classics for free, we were happy with those because we didn't know any better."

This PS+ month isn't the best but it's way better than what GWG are getting for Oct. I'm down to checkout SMB since it was an exclusive for Xbox and I love platformers.

True but he said

"I've had PS Plus since the beginning. And I think I can say without hyperbole, that this is the worst month ever. Even in the beginning when we got things like Sega Genesis classics for free, we were happy with those because we didn't know any better."
Yeah then he's nuts. This is like when liberals would claim that no increase in government handouts amounted to a "cut".

We definitely get more now even when it's a lackluster offering.

I think we recently discussed Plus in here. Broken Age and SMB look good for me as Vita games, so the month isn't bad. Does it suck for PS4 and PS3? If the retail game argument is used then yeah, but we're just now entering year 2 of PS4. PS3 side, they could do better.

I love these videos and the whole Fallout Universe but aren't these pretty much the same type of videos we saw in the other Fallout games? I don't see anything that says next gen or different.

I love these videos and the whole Fallout Universe but aren't these pretty much the same type of videos we saw in the other Fallout games? I don't see anything that says next gen or different.
Don't ask me, I just post them for likes from Fallout fans (mainly Topside).

What would be interesting to me would be creating a bracket of the last 32 months of PS Plus and do head-to-head matchups to see which month came out on top, similar to what we did with the fast food.
I joined PS+ the 2nd month after it started. Critter Crunch was my first trophy and I loved that game. I'd be interested to see which comes out on top. We had many great months of games including some sweet slaps in the face from Sony. I love PS+ and think the price is well worth it for the year.

I've wanted to pick up Broken Age since watching the Double Fine Adventure documentary. Just been waiting for a sale, so very happy its on PS+ next month.

K first matchup is up. Competing months are in the OP. I'll probably run 2 at a time in the future but just one for now.

No contest for me in this first matchup.

We'll take the 16 first round losers and match them up to see what the worst month is after we finish the winners bracket.

PSV 3.55 features:

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/system-updates/ps-vita/

Main features in system software update version 3.55

New for 3.55

(PS4 Link)

You can now adjust the setting for video resolution when using remote play on a PS Vita system. Select (PS4 Link) > [Start] > (Options) > [Settings] > [Video Quality for Remote Play] > [Resolution].

If video or audio skips during playback, try selecting [Low (360p)] to help improve the quality.

(Parental Controls)

You can now restrict (Email) from starting.
Edit: Lazy Crunchy'd.

K first matchup is up. Competing months are in the OP. I'll probably run 2 at a time in the future but just one for now.

We'll take the 16 first round losers and match them up to see what the worst month is after we finish the winners bracket.
I have a feeling this first poll will feature a landslide victory.

I won't be voting due to not owning a PS4 or Vita but I look forward to the arguments about which is better and why.

Me either, and your vote is wrong.

Honestly, that was a really bad draw. That was probably 2 of the best months in the entire time span. I just think Rayman is the best game we ever got on Plus. I was shocked how much I loved Galaga Legions DX as well. I am going against the likely winner on this one.

I have a feeling this first poll will feature a landslide victory.
I think the 2013 one would've been better for me except that I still feel the stinging slap of the things I bought prior to them hitting ps+. Rayman Origins, Galaga DX and RE: Chronicles are all awesome gets (and I suppose Ico if you're in to that sort of thing).

edit - after posting this I had to change my vote. 2013 gets the nod.

Me either, and your vote is wrong.

Honestly, that was a really bad draw. That was probably 2 of the best months in the entire time span. I just think Rayman is the best game we ever got on Plus so I am going against the likely winner on this one.
Yeah, unlucky draw. Sept 2013 had some really good games, especially rayman. But I enjoyed the combo of xeodrifter and stfu more than rayman. I still haven't gotten around to RE HD so that also pushed my vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back