PSNOT 2.0 - I kind of want to subscribe to IndieBox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is like when Google revealed manufacturing their phone in the US cost them an extra $4. Except they're stupid because they should be embracing that and charging people a $50 "Made in America" fee. I can't believe Apple hasn't already done it.
I have a hard time believing that is all the difference it would cost. I assume they are planning for very small volumes if it is only $4 per device.

I will say that there is almost no way it would only be $4 for Apple. Their contract manufacturer, Foxconn, keeps extremely large manufacturing facilities running 24/7 cranking out those things. I am not sure there is any current location in the US that could even handle that demand. I do wish they would try though. I do think they could get a lot of positive press for it. At their margins they could even eat the cost and still be making money hand over fist.

I'm looking forward to playing it but am pretty backlogged. I still haven't played Spelunky outside of that monthly challenge we had.
I wasn't a big fan of it at first, but once you start unlocking some of the stronger items, and can actually finish a run, the game becomes a lot of fun. I've sunk a ton of hours into it on my vita.

As much as I liked the first Hotline Miami, it looks like a lot of the same to me. I see they didn't get a new graphics artist. 

Tyler, why did you go heckle the AWD OT thread? There would barely be any posts in there otherwise. You are basically doing the equivalent of responding to a snakey post.
What's wrong with that thread? We don't like it?

I like Rozz. I don't have any problem if that thread gains traction, though it clearly won't at this point.

Can't believe you didn't nominate BoI. Or did you? Not sure if the games we're voting on are all of the nominees or the ones with some minimum number of nominations.
I feel dumb for not nominating Pix the Cat, as I figured at least one person would have named it. :wall:
There were 28 different games that got at least 1 nomination for best PS+ game, biggest of any list. I did the cutoff at 3 nominations, those 8 games up for voting are the 8 that received 3 or more nominations. Isaac was on a list of 8 games that received 2 nominations and just missed qualifying. Pix didn't receive a single nom.

No one mentioned Kirby and the Rainbow Curse, but man, does that look adorable and fun. I also like that it'll have a $39.99 MSRP like Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, if the Canadian and Japanese prices are any indication.
I'm pretty hype for that one. Loved Canvas Curse when it came out. If it's $40 at launch, even better.

any of you guys watching Greg millers and Colin Moriarty's new twitch show?  it's on now and everyday at 11 pacific time and they just talk, gaming, movie, and comic news.  It is actually pretty good and they are averaging 5000 watchers.  Yesterdays show was awesome they had Troy Baker on for the whole show and will have more people in the future

Kindafunnygames if you are searching twitch.

any of you guys watching Greg millers and Colin Moriarty's new twitch show? it's on now and everyday at 11 pacific time and they just talk, gaming, movie, and comic news. It is actually pretty good and they are averaging 5000 watchers. Yesterdays show was awesome they had Troy Baker on for the whole show and will have more people in the future

Can't stream twitch at work, otherwise, I would check it out. It's about the only thing I can't look at here.

Can't wait for Hotline Miami 2 though. More of the same sounds good to me.

Can't stream twitch at work, otherwise, I would check it out. It's about the only thing I can't look at here.

Can't wait for Hotline Miami 2 though. More of the same sounds good to me.
Same here, but I use my phone to stream and just listen, don't really have to see it.

I'm not defending either from a consumer's point of view. Clearly it's indefensible. Only commented on the business rationale. Accessories have a high profit margin. It's a stealthy way to milk people. Lots of companies do it, including our lord and savior. Not sure what's so difficult to understand here.
A power cable is not an accessory, it's a necessity. Memory is an accessory. You take a new 3ds without a power cable, and I'll take my vita without a memory card. We'll see who can play longer. Is that hard to understand?

You can't pull a gun on anyone when you didn't even nominate it, and you apparently loved it so.

You can't pull a gun on anyone when you didn't even nominate it, and you apparently loved it so.
Oh, believe me, I'm angry at myself, too. I hate nominating things because I don't keep lists of my favorite games from any given year (just what I played/finished), and I'm ashamed to admit that Pix the Cat slipped my mind. Since I tend to like most games, it's easier for me to remember what I didn't enjoy as much (e.g., Xillia 2, Magus, Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures 2).

But whatever, according to Tyler it wouldn't have mattered anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
And of course that actually looks somewhat better.
They also have it right side up! One thing I dislike about the 3DS designs is that they always have it so when it would be opened and playing the characters on the top of it are upside down (like the Pikachu with nipples design). Maybe with the new upright charging cradle their designers realized how stupid they have been.

Don't forget Best Buy! $32 with GCU, will be very tempting.
Best Buy might have another Wii U/3DS deal like their "Buy 1, Get 1 40% Off" from last year that would stack with GCU, in which case I'd get both Captain Toad and Rainbow Curse then.

Null voted, haven't played any of the PS+ games nominated so I am not going to assume a game is good even though I haven't even played it, like some of you voting have :whistle2:

edit: man, the "non-nonchalantly whistling" smiley looks really creepy on black background since the musical note doesn't show up.

Oh, believe me, I'm angry at myself, too. I hate nominating things because I don't keep lists of my favorite games from any given year (just what I played/finished), and I'm ashamed to admit that Pix the Cat slipped my mind. Since I tend to like most games, it's easier for me to remember what I didn't enjoy as much (e.g., Xillia 2, Magus, Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures 2).

But whatever, according to Tyler it wouldn't have mattered anyway.
If Pix slipped your mind it wasnt really a top game even in your mind anyway. You dont have to nominate every game you enjoyed. I enjoyed a shit ton of games but only put down up to 5 in each category.

Null voted, haven't played any of the PS+ games nominated so I am not going to assume a game is good even though I haven't even played it, like some of you voting have :whistle2:

edit: man, the "non-nonchalantly whistling" smiley looks really creepy on black background since the musical note doesn't show up.
Wait, we're supposed to vote for games we actually played? Those Best of E3 awards got me all confused. :whistle2:

Why did no one tell me?

little-caesars-hot-n-ready-soft-pretzel-crust-pizza-hold-music-small-7.jpg

If Pix slipped your mind it wasnt really a top game even in your mind anyway. You dont have to nominate every game you enjoyed. I enjoyed a shit ton of games but only put down up to 5 in each category.
I also suck at narrowing down the number of games I really liked to just 5.

Yeah, everyone is offering preztel crust now on pizzas.  Whats up with that?  I know some of the folks here said they like it, but why?  I would think the pizza is already salty enough.  Especially if you have peperoni or some other meat on it.  I would rather have a flavored crust like what Hungry Howies has always done and what Pizza Hut started recently.  Although I havent eaten the Hut in a long time and probably wont since its not very good.

Yeah, everyone is offering preztel crust now on pizzas. Whats up with that? I know some of the folks here said they like it, but why? I would think the pizza is already salty enough. Especially if you have peperoni or some other meat on it. I would rather have a flavored crust like what Hungry Howies has always done and what Pizza Hut started recently. Although I havent eaten the Hut in a long time and probably wont since its not very good.
Hungry Howies is the best pizza when you are drunk.

A power cable is not an accessory, it's a necessity. Memory is an accessory. You take a new 3ds without a power cable, and I'll take my vita without a memory card. We'll see who can play longer. Is that hard to understand?
Can you play a Vita-1000 without a memory card? I didn't think so. I thought it stored saves on the memory card. No? Vita-2000 they added built-in memory, of course.

Can you play a Vita-1000 without a memory card? I didn't think so. I thought it stored saves on the memory card. No? Vita-2000 they added built-in memory, of course.
You can play, you just can't save some games. I'd have to look up the list, but I'm pretty sure there were some early carts that kept saves on them.

I've kind of enraged one of the GG writers with my editorial, and he hasn't even read it yet.  Already told me he's going to issue a rebuttal before I've even published it. 

Good times.  

I've kind of enraged one of the GG writers with my editorial, and he hasn't even read it yet. Already told me he's going to issue a rebuttal before I've even published it.

Good times.
A rebuttal sounds good, since there are two sides to every story. But enraged? Really?

any of you guys watching Greg millers and Colin Moriarty's new twitch show? it's on now and everyday at 11 pacific time and they just talk, gaming, movie, and comic news. It is actually pretty good and they are averaging 5000 watchers. Yesterdays show was awesome they had Troy Baker on for the whole show and will have more people in the future

I was shocked that they left IGN, but I think it was a good move. I'm liking their channel so far.

If you think about it, independent news via youtube is the future of journalism. No special interests - just content that is specifically tailored to the audience that directly funds the channel. These guys can say anything they want to say without worrying about pissing off Micro$oft or Sony. They need to shrug corporate sponsorships and learn to subsist off of patreon subscriptions.

One day mainstream news anchors will go this route.

Derx, if you're fine with an 8gb card, more power to you.  I have two 32gbs and whatever doesn't fit on them, gets copied over to the PS3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back