PSNOT 2.0 - I kind of want to subscribe to IndieBox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I know why people list "No AP/FPO" on their Amazon listings.
Yeah I put Continental US only on my Ebay listings and had one of these AP/FPO bidders win. It worked out ok but it was a PIA. I used to sell my games on Ebay (many morons paying almost full retail for them). But rather deal with BB, Amazon or GS now. Even as frustrating as BB can be at times it was better then dealing with some of the jerk offs on Ebay.

Don't discriminate againt our American Service men and women!

Tyler is a commie confirmed.

ETA pharmed!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I put Continental US only on my Ebay listings and had one of these AP/FPO bidders win. It worked out ok but it was a PIA. I used to sell my games on Ebay (many morons paying almost full retail for them). But rather deal with BB or GS now. Even as frustrating as BB can be at times it was better then dealing with some of the jerk offs on Ebay.

Don't discriminate againt our American Service men and women!

Tyler is a commie confirmed.

ETA pharmed!!!
Yeah I prefer to trade in whenever possible. Can't trade in my Ness Amiibo for $40 though. Although really it's closer to a $25 profit after extra APO fees and the fact i paid shipping on the original purchase.

Nintendo has just been getting in the way of themselves way to often. It's almost a shame that the Wii did so well because it gave us the Wii U. I like the idea of the rumored Hybrid handheld home console if it means all teams are making games for 1 platform and they get a good account system in place. Not sure if it would work well though if it's not powerful. We already have a Wii U and a Vita that by sales numbers don't work. 

I'm long past believing in Nintendo to do the right thing though at this point. I got the Wii U for $170 and to me it was worth it to me at that price. If the NX is a screwup; I'll just wait until it's cheap like the Wii U and play the games I want to play then. 

I've always wondered how people like Velo report their income at the end of the year. Does CB give out W2s/1099s?
Is the money funneled through CB? If over a certain amount pretty sure it has to be reported.

I know on ebay if you sell more than a certain amount they have to report it.

CB and Ebay are essentially the same thing right?

I am surprised that Nintendo is so gung-ho about getting back into the console market. If they go high-end to challenge the PS4 and X1, I don't see them having a whole lot of success. I think their success ceiling would be about as high as Windows Phone has had against iOS and Android. They have burnt a lot of 3rd party bridges as well.

Maybe there's a new gimmick out there that's ready to take off, but I'm also not sold that developing around a single new and innovative idea is the way to go either. Carries tons of potential downside and risk. I think someone said it already, but the success of the underpowered and gimmicky Wii may have been the worst thing for Nintendo in the long term. Then again, they've been lagging far behind the competition as early as the Nintendo 64, so who knows.

Is the money funneled through CB? If over a certain amount pretty sure it has to be reported.

People have to buy tokens and I assume he cashes them out at some point.

Yeah the money is all handled by CB. I"m pretty sure they take half of what everyone makes. No doubt they send out tax documents to users who earn X amount of dollars or more.

This guy is at least 30 years younger than I imagine chewy to be.
0.jpg

I am surprised that Nintendo is so gung-ho about getting back into the console market. If they go high-end to challenge the PS4 and X1, I don't see them having a whole lot of success. I think their success ceiling would be about as high as Windows Phone has had against iOS and Android. They have burnt a lot of 3rd party bridges as well.

Maybe there's a new gimmick out there that's ready to take off, but I'm also not sold that developing around a single new and innovative idea is the way to go either. Carries tons of potential downside and risk. I think someone said it already, but the success of the underpowered and gimmicky Wii may have been the worst thing for Nintendo in the long term. Then again, they've been lagging far behind the competition as early as the Nintendo 64, so who knows.
I haven't liked a controller of theirs since SNES. Despite that, the N64 and GC were decent otherwise. Wii and Wii U was them basing the entire system around untested gimmicks. They got lucky with the Wii, but didn't with the Wii U despite the Wii U having, in some ways, a better implementation of the Remote Play concept. Every gimmick they come up with, though, is a step away from being a hardcore gaming system and is a step further out on a ledge. If not for all their 1st party content the Wii U would have killed them, I think. Same with the Wii, probably.

I do think the 2DS worked well as a concept (though the hardware was nowhere near as nice as the PSP's) and that it deserved its success, but the 3DS is absolutely a gimmick and was the wrong direction to go IMO.

I think it's time for Pitfall to fund a pharm and Zimm go to a strip club reality show. Every week we go to a new place and we compete against each other to seem the least desperate.

Look, if you like weird, VERY WEIRD Japanese games then you might like it. It turned me off. And the combat wasnt anything extraordinary that I remember. Plus the game looked like shit when it released. I cant imagine trying to look at it now. Your eyes might bleed.
Maybe I'll get lucky and come across a cheap BIN when it first goes up, but if not $20 isn't that bad I guess... I just hate that I passed on this when newegg had it for $10.
Topside, don't listen to that salty degenerate; Nier is one of the greatest games of last gen. He is right in that it's kinda ugly and the combat's nothing special but the music, characters, and especially story are 5/5 diamonds and totally outshine those weaknesses.

And it isn't super Japanese weird at all. There are definitely some unorthodox concepts since it's a Taro Yoko game, but it's really just a story about a father trying to rescue his daughter. You should definitely pick it up for $20, particularly since Nier 2 was just announced!

Topside, don't listen to that salty degenerate; Nier is one of the greatest games of last gen. He is right in that it's kinda ugly and the combat's nothing special but the music, characters, and especially story are 5/5 diamonds and totally outshine those weaknesses.

And it isn't super Japanese weird at all. There are definitely some unorthodox concepts since it's a Taro Yoko game, but it's really just a story about a father trying to rescue his daughter. You should definitely pick it up for $20, particularly since Nier 2 was just announced!
Yeah, I heard great things about the story and it's mainly the reason why I want to pick it up. Atmosphere, story/writing, music... all that stuff weighs pretty heavily for me so I'm sure I'll enjoy it. That's why I enjoyed Lords of Shadow so much.... everything in the presentation was so spot on that any problems I had with the gameplay didn't matter. That musical score still gets stuck in my head sometimes....

The box art looks really nice. I was interested when this was first announced, but I'll probably wait for reviews/a price drop. Not surprised its $60, but I don't even feel like paying the GCU price for this as of now. Terribad E3 demo didn't help the cause any.
I was actually really excited about the game but that E3 demo killed my boner.

I've said this before, so I feel like a broken record.

I sincerely don't understand why Nintendo wants to stay in the console business. The Wii was a huge anomaly, that's not success they're going to have for a while unless they get their act together. They have hardly any support from third parties, and they're just banking on the fact that every six months or so they can release an exclusive game from one of their beaten into the ground IPs. You know the dev team behind the next Zelda game is probably screaming internally, all day long, just dying to make their game for a console that doesn't revolve around some stupid gimmick.

Nintendo should stop making consoles and stick to handhelds. Then they should focus on software development and pimp their shit out to the highest bidders. Sega waited way too long to do this, and look at them now. All of their franchises are complete jokes because they can't put together the resources and money for a solid development team.

So I'm going through this week's sales on PSN and want to take advantage of the $15 back /3x Sony Rewards points offers.  I don't see anything for PS3 I don't already have so I'm looking at the PS4 games.

Thoughts on Mercenary Kings and Watch Dogs? 

Hey guys, I've been playing Shadow of Mordor and just realized that since one of the primary weapons is a bow and you go around collecting artifacts that it's a Tomb Raider clone.  Took me awhile to figure this out because I just learned how comparisons work.

your wrong!

Sega waited way too long to do this, and look at them now. All of their franchises are complete jokes because they can't put together the resources and money for a solid development team.
They do have Phantasy Star Online, which does well. That's really their only solid, semi-current dev effort, though. On the publishing side they've got Football Manager, the Alien games, Company of Heroes, Total War, and Valkyria Chronicles has done fantastic on PC which hopefully will lead to ports of 2 and 3.

They do seem to publish a lot of Sonic games. I know Transformed has done well--have the others not been?

People have already started speculating Zelda will be on the NX or on both NX and Wii U as well as a potential 3D mario that is in the works. Makes sense though...I think the Wii U is only around 9 million units sold. I have one now so I'll play some catch up with what I want to play. I was a huge Gamecube fan and that sold like crap too. Hopefully the NX is a smart move up and a system with longevity that will sell well. All they need to do is be as powerful or a bit more powerful than the X1 and PS4 and they should be good to go. Hopefully they don't screw it up.
I'd rather them go big and come out with one hell of a powerful machine than play catch up to the PS4 and Xbone. That's partially what got them in this mess.

Yeah, I heard great things about the story and it's mainly the reason why I want to pick it up. Atmosphere, story/writing, music... all that stuff weighs pretty heavily for me so I'm sure I'll enjoy it. That's why I enjoyed Lords of Shadow so much.... everything in the presentation was so spot on that any problems I had with the gameplay didn't matter. That musical score still gets stuck in my head sometimes....
Oh my God, that Nier soundtrack... so fucking good.

So I'm going through this week's sales on PSN and want to take advantage of the $15 back /3x Sony Rewards points offers. I don't see anything for PS3 I don't already have so I'm looking at the PS4 games.

Thoughts on Mercenary Kings and Watch Dogs?
Mercs was free at some point on Plus and I didn't care for it. I think I thought it would be a fun run n gun but the fun was missing. I think Watch Dogs is too high at $20.09. It's 14.44 new on Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Watch-Dogs-PlayStation-4/dp/B00BI83EVU

If you're not getting Batmang and there's not a good Flash Sale this weekend, I'd just save my money.

Splitting your profits from your shows aint paying for sex?
not at all. it's completely legal. i split the tips we make from viewers for our performance. i said it wasn't performance art before, but for all legal purposes, it is. They could tip me for playing vita or making a sandwich. That's why we don't promise girls any money for time, it's always a % of what we make together. like someone said, it's just acting and we are actors.

I've always wondered how people like Velo report their income at the end of the year. Does CB give out W2s/1099s?
yeah they sure do. i kinda got fucked on that because i was paying out cash all the time but it looked like i earned it all. iv had to start setting up their profiles so i can then send them 'tokens' and then it doesn't get filed as earned income. it says something like vz media group. or something like that. they send me checks every 2 weeks

This UPS delivery status is great for a package that delivered yesterday:

Delivered On:

Tuesday,  06/16/2015 at 7:02 P.M.

Left At:

Met Customer Man

yeah they sure do. i kinda got fucked on that because i was paying out cash all the time but it looked like i earned it all. iv had to start setting up their profiles so i can then send them 'tokens' and then it doesn't get filed as earned income. it says something like vz media group. or something like that. they send me checks every 2 weeks

and out of that group of chix the 2nd one is real at least.

my only problem with nier is i would start it up and walk away and walk back in too late and kaine would already be swearing like a pirate. my kids got used to it but it was fuck this book and fuck you and fuck and i was like omg its f bombs close your ears!

I think it's time for Pitfall to fund a pharm and Zimm go to a strip club reality show. Every week we go to a new place and we compete against each other to seem the least desperate.
Or how about I just fund my own strip club adventures? I feel like that would be more rewarding to myself.

I spent the day with my friend watching the Gwinnett Braves play the Louisville Bats. The Braves won. We were about the only Braves fans in the park. One of the Bats got a called 3rd strike and was complaining to the umpire, so I yelled "Sit down!" and then one of the fuckface Bats fans turned around and said "Why don't you sit down?" I said "I am, genius." fucking Kentuckians, man.

They also gave away a sweet grilling tool set.
Grill_Set_13qadzq5.jpg
Triple A baseball is fun to watch because even the great seats are cheap. We were a few rows behind home and the tickets were only $20 apiece.

No Man's Sky looks dull...there I said it.
No Man's Sky should be called Wander....in space.
You've dethroned the number one slot on the list of posters in this thread who's words have caused me pain. RIP Breakfuss.

I'd definitely start up Helldivers if it went to Plus. Too many of you have sung its praises.
It'll definitely go plus being a sony exclusive and part of the summer games.

Well I know why people list "No AP/FPO" on their Amazon listings.
Next time send it to me. Win/win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back