PSNOT 2.0 - I kind of want to subscribe to IndieBox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
PS3 or PS4? Don't want to burn those out? It amazes me people still use physical media. I get the collection aspect which is cool. It's just my wife and I used to buy each other DVDs and then realized most were still sealed and we never really watched them. Swore off buying them after that.
My game systems are hooked up to a different TV and I use those when I'm watching movies myself, but the Blu-ray player is hooked up to the living room TV.

My game systems are hooked up to a different TV and I use those when I'm watching movies myself, but the Blu-ray player is hooked up to the living room TV.
Gotcha. 2nd PS4 or PS3? I have a 2nd PS3 in my office. I should probably ditch that old shit and throw a PS4 in there. Might be nice to have a dedicated PS4 for remote play that's hooked up to a wired connection instead of wireless.

Gotcha. 2nd PS4 or PS3? I have a 2nd PS3 in my office. I should probably ditch that old shit and throw a PS4 in there. Might be nice to have a dedicated PS4 for remote play that's hooked up to a wired connection instead of wireless.
A 2nd PS4/PS3 isn't exactly an inexpensive solution and as cheap as blu ray players are these days it seems pretty stupid to risk burning out your gaming system using it for something like that, but I guess it depends on how often you watch movies. Vig seems to watch quite a bit so I assume he'd just want a dedicated player. Unless you're wanting 4k or 3d, you can get a good one for less than $100.

Last edited by a moderator:
A 2nd PS4/PS3 isn't exactly an inexpensive solution and as cheap as blu ray players are these days it seems pretty stupid to risk burning out your gaming system using it for something like that, but I guess it depends on how often you watch movies. Vig seems to watch quite a bit so I assume he'd just want a dedicated player. Unless you're wanting 4k or 3d, you can get a good one for less than $100.
Well a 12GB PS3 is only $112 minus $30 or so you could get for Disney Infinity at Gamestop. http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/consoles/playstation-3-12gb-disney-infinity-marvel-super-heroes-20-edition-bundle/116698

Thanks pretty reasonable.

I was bad at Gun Slugs and I suck at Heroes of Loot too. Not sure how I'm ever going to make it to level 30. I'm not getting even close. Fun games, but I'm not very good at them.
This asshole just keeps playing it. He already has the 100%, what is he doing. lol

I got bored and died on purpose again, im really surprised there aren't higher scores.

This took me like 4 hours. What am I doing with my life. 1st in the world in a random $2.xx game ;)

12063878_10153605849327356_7567157118218651752_n.jpg

also there aren't anymore cutscenes or items or anything past dungeon 100. Even medalions of time and character upgrades stop showing up. The rooms are overcrowded with items and enemies and green acid, and you are regularly attacked by 4-5 minotaurs at a time. but nothing you can't handle by then.

fire > lightning

I got a Sony BR for $40 (or $50--I think $40, though) from BB last BF. Ended up buying three of those things--one for my parents, one for her parents, and one for ourselves. Works great. Can't recall the specific model, but has wifi and all the relevant streaming apps.

The wife still likes collecting BR, but I don't think she's watched more than 1 or 2 that she's bought. Physical media is just so pointless most of the time nowadays. She likes the extra audio tracks and stuff like that in theory, but in practice it seems to be a waste of money.

I was wondering that myself when it was recently on sale for $15 new. Granted that was not the Avengers starter pack but I can't believe there is much difference.
That was the Brave Starter Pack. There is a difference. The Marvel one is still around $40 new.

Where do you get $30 for Infinity?
By selling it on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=disney+infinity+2.0+marvel+ps3&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=disney+infinity+2.0+marvel+ps3+starter&_sacat=0

Any of you big city folk ever go to a Red Bull Sound Select show?  They take a national artist with a couple local ones and put them in a small venue and charge dirt cheap prices to get in, but you're not guaranteed to get in since there's no actual tickets, just an RSVP list.

They just announced one of my favorite bands (The Joy Formidable) is doing it, so I was curious how packed they can get and how early peeps start lining up.

There's at least one spot so far on Tales from Space about a blob on the vita where you have to use the touch screen to rotate a giant wheel.

Problem is, the screen is zoomed in so far, once you rotate the wheel past the screen, you lose the green spot on it to rotate.

Do any of you have recommendations for a good, reliable, and inexpensive Blu-ray player? My current one (a gift from a relative years ago when Blu-ray was a relatively new concept) is on its last legs and I want to replace it. I suspect Sony is the way to go and that Black Friday will likely produce the best deals (whether at Amazon or Best Buy), but I'd appreciate opinions on specific models or brands to consider.
IDK, Sony owns about half the studios so that seems to be a safe bet. Although I think most major brands should be fine. Do you care about streaming support? If so make sure whatever one you end up with supports the services you care about. If you have no special requirements I say stick with a name brand and I consider these things a commodity at this point.

I have $99 Sony BluRay player I got around BF a few years ago from ToysRUS. Last time it was hooked up it worked fine. I have a no name one hooked up that allows me to play other region DVDs. This one has some issues with video cutting out every so often. I attribute that to it being no name (ok Hi-Sense) junk. Still worth it for us so my wife can play some DVDs she has that are from the UK.

PS3 or PS4? Don't want to burn those out? It amazes me people still use physical media. I get the collection aspect which is cool. It's just my wife and I used to buy each other DVDs and then realized most were still sealed and we never really watched them. Swore off buying them after that.
My wife still likes the BluRay discs. We buy a few (2-10) a year. The years with more are usually collector editions with multiple discs. I don't think we have bought any this year but there is one she wants that should be out for Christmas so we will probably buy 1.

Lots of times there is stuff on the extras discs and stuff you don't get with streaming. I like that many discs come with the Ultra Violet code. Much more convenient to stream that from anyone of a dozen devices we have that support that.

Apparently this Ambien-replacement comes out on October 6th, definitely hope its not part of Plus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JR8KP6dNd7g

Even the description of the game sounds boring as hell.

"A visual short story set in Nebraska, Three Fourths Home follows an extended conversation between Kelly and her family during a drive home through an intense thunderstorm."

http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/09/25/sony-sending-free-ps4-theme-to-those-who-platinumed-bloodborne/

Apparently sony is sending a free theme to people who got the plat for bloodborne? Kind of interesting, I wonder if they'll start doing that for other games.
As soon as I get the message containing that theme, bye-bye Witcher 3 theme.

Last Gen Cod Blops isn't going to have single player.
Weird, but it makes some sense considering the people who don't have a PS4 or XB1 probably don't care about the single-player.

As soon as I get the message containing that theme, bye-bye Witcher 3 theme.

Weird, but it makes some sense considering the people who don't have a PS4 or XB1 probably don't care about the single-player.
Which Witcher theme are you using? I've got the Geralt + Ciri theme right now and its pretty nice. First time I've changed themes since the 20th anniversary one came out.

Which Witcher theme are you using? I've got the Geralt + Ciri theme right now and its pretty nice. First time I've changed themes since the 20th anniversary one came out.
I'm using that same one. The accompanying music, sound effect, and icon changes are pretty cool, but Bloodborne is my GotY, so it trumps Witcher 3.

Those Lego Dimensions level packs are crazy expensive, no? $30 for a new level and character and a couple other things?
The level packs do not seem as crazy in price to me since it is pretty much around the same initial price a DI playset. The base seems to be the most out of whack.

With that said, the full price of any of those toy based games is crazy.

I'm using that same one. The accompanying music, sound effect, and icon changes are pretty cool, but Bloodborne is my GotY, so it trumps Witcher 3.
Still using the dynamic theme from the CE guide. Nothing like the Hunters Dream playing in the background. Love the theme since it's simple and looks great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back