PSNOT 3.0 - Let's Talk About University of Kentucky, Baby!

With my third shift schedule most of the time I'm catching up on the thread at night with maybe a rare appearance during the day here and there.

No big deal but I'm not able to really take part in a real-time chat.
It also sounds like it's harder to keep up on than it used to be on a Monday morning in here.

Granted, I also have to keep in mind that since my posts are not up to the extremely high bar that Prof. Stotch sets around here, I would just bring the overall quality of the chat significantly down, so I stay away for the sake of the community.

Lord of Shadows really is pretty long, it's probably the longest GoW-like I've played. I just now killed the 2nd of the three Lords of Shadows, though it looks like the path to the 3rd is going to be shorter.

Already have these Betas from the PS E3 freebies

Kill Strain Beta : 8H2C-AGNR-56KG
Drawn To Death Beta : JRND-GQN2-3CD5

Yeah Lords of Shadows is way overly long.
It does tend to drag quite a bit and I could have done without all the wall scaling. I literally groaned every time I reached those parts because it slowed things down to a crawl.

Still an awesome game though and one of my last gen favorites... there's something to be said for copying other games when it's done in style.

Last edited by a moderator:
I liked it but didnt love it, but I do agree that it's 100% ok to copy ideas from other games as long as it's well done. To me that's Darksiders in a nutshell. Almost nothing original, but still extremely enjoyable.

Telltale is apparently itching to make a new season of Tales from the Borderlands, but since the first season bridges the gap between BL2 and (most likely) BL3, they're waiting for Gearbox to make their next Borderlands game: https://twinfinite.net/2016/06/telltale-job-stauffer-batman-interview-e3-2016/

Tales from the Borderlands was one of the biggest hits of last year, so I guess what the obvious question is when can we expect to see a bit more news on a second season?

We love, love, love, love working with Gearbox. We’re the biggest Borderlands fans in the world. I shouldn’t say that because every time we go out to an event with those guys we see even bigger fans and y’know people get more and more excited about that universe. Gearbox have announced that they’re going to continue and Tales from the Borderlands is the story canon between Borderlands 2 and wherever they’re going to take things next. I think the Vault Key is in their court and I think whatever is going to happen next to any of those characters, if you’re going to see them again, I think that is a question for our friends at Gearbox and we can’t wait to see what happens next ourselves.

If any of you backed Bloodstained at the $60 level or higher, you should be getting a demo code soon (if not already):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQKm0BAuBgk

It's the same demo as at E3.

Destructoid's Zero Time Dilemma review: https://www.destructoid.com/review-zero-time-dilemma-370574.phtml

9.5/10

Eventually, the poor direction of the story segments stopped bothering me. Not because it got any better (because it didn't), but because the story is so goddamn good. Hands down, Zero Time Dilemma has the best story in the series. It made me laugh, shocked me, sickened me, surprised me, brought a tear to my eye, and taught me to look at Back to the Future in an entirely different light. There are seven endings that "matter," but in truth, every ending you see is significant. Hell, there's even a complete secondary story you have to figure out by yourself that adds another layer to the game and the series as a whole. Zero Time Dilemma is nothing short of a flawed masterpiece.
SO MUCH HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPE

Lords of Shadow was awesome when it was released.  But it aged terribly.  I tried replaying it before getting rid of the PS3 and stopped within a few minutes.  It was one of the best looking games when it released in 2010.  But I think its another example why waiting 6 years to play most games is a bad move. Most dont hold up over time.

Also dont bother with LoS2.  It sucked donkey balls.

It does tend to drag quite a bit and I could have done without all the wall scaling. I literally groaned every time I reached those parts because it slowed things down to a crawl.

Still an awesome game though and one of my last gen favorites... there's something to be said for copying other games when it's done in style.
The main thing I don't like about it is the button that you use for dodge is also a part of so many other combos such as the entire moveset of the gauntlet. I can't count on it working during a fight because if I am moving even slightly when I try to execute it I will roll instead. I pretty much only use the airborne gauntlet moves.

Also holding the R3/L3 down button to suck up magic orbs during a fight is really annoying. I wish that it was a toggle option. Toggle L3 to auto suck up magic orbs to light magic, toggle R3 to auto suck up magical orbs for shadow magic, or have both toggles on to evenly divide it between the two magic gauges.

It has QTEs, but they aren't too annoying. When it pops up on the screen its a large circle that is shrinking until it is inside a smaller static circle. You just have to press any button when the larger circle becomes smaller than the other circle, but before it shrinks to nothing. Then the other QTEs are the "mash this particular button over and over" variety so even if you press the wrong button at the start, there is still time to mash the right button.

Destructoid's Zero Time Dilemma review: https://www.destructoid.com/review-zero-time-dilemma-370574.phtml

9.5/10

SO MUCH HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPE
5 days, hopefully I finish up with gravity rush before then. This will be the first Saturday in like a month that I haven't had other commitments

I wish they would have released the port of 999 sooner so that I could have replayed that again before ZTD as its been over 5 years since I played it.

I guess I should finish VLR. I really liked 999 but the structure of VLR turned me off after playing for a bit. Rather than playing through to an ending you keep running into dead ends and having to pick other choices, which makes the game front-loaded with not too much interesting stuff happening. I guess eventually there is supposed to be some good story payoff, though. 

ok so I finished mighty no 9's main game.  I'll putz around a bit more and hopefully find someone to try out coop with.  

I'll stick with my original assessment.  the game is totally fine.  it's not the greatest game ever, but it's fun to play and a reasonable challenge.  the bosses are pretty cool (although they are just a big pile of patterns so once you figure them out they're pretty easy peasy).  I like the game.  I don't think I would've paid $20 for it in retrospect, but a $5 pickup would be pretty good.

trophywise it's not for the faint of heart.  I think if I put some effort in I could get 50% of the trophies maybe, but I don't know that I'll bother.

there's some dlc that backers got where if you beat this super boss you can play as him which looks kinda fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_dzxeDtJWk

K adding a permentant discord invite link to the OP, this should work....

https://discord.gg/USurY4g

Only use it to create your account once (make sure to claim it) then on subsequent uses of discord, just go to discord.com and sign in. if you use this link every time you're going to end up making like 100 discord accounts.

(I personally just recommend downloading the desktop app if at all possible. very easy to use)

N.E.R.O. (Nothing Ever Remains the Same) got a plat:

http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/5025-N-E-R-O-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_dGEetKt5A

Looks like an artsy first-person puzzle game with a strong narration element. There's a full playthrough with all collectibles from the Steam version that weighs in at 1h55m, so it should be a pretty quick plat. It's $15.99 on XB1 and $13.99 on Steam.

N.E.R.O. (Nothing Ever Remains the Same) got a plat:

http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/5025-N-E-R-O-

Looks like an artsy first-person puzzle game with a strong narration element. There's a full playthrough with all collectibles from the Steam version that weighs in at 1h55m, so it should be a pretty quick plat. It's $15.99 on XB1 and $13.99 on Steam.
The gameplay might not be all that good, FYI: http://www.pushsquare.com/reviews/ps4/n_e_r_o_nothing_ever_remains_obscure

N.E.R.O. intrigues as an interactive visual novel, but it fails in its attempts to be a game. The puzzles here are laughably easy, and they subsequently get in the way of the storytelling. There are some beautiful cutscenes and an interesting story here, but they're too often impeded by unenjoyable gameplay.

Did anyone here play Transistor on Vita, and if so, did that version run OK? Depending on how quickly I plat Bastion, I may try to squeeze in Transistor before Zero Time Dilemma next week.

This game is going to be fun, I don't care what Therm says.
Somebody brought up neoGAF suddenly hating on the game and I said the one battle with the Titan showed at e3 looked super boring and that's probably why there are suddenly a bunch of people complaining. I also said it looked fine otherwise. :shame:

I hope I can stay awake a bit after the kid goes to sleep tonight.  I need to finish an episode of GoT and play some more Crew and TLoU.

#facebook

Wouldn't it be easier to copy and paste his answer instead of the actual response link?

#hoops

#worksmarternotsmartassier
To elaborate on why those two are an awesome combo: If you select all of the left-side upgrades for the Pike (i.e., the ones not related to throwing it), it can pierce through armor; if you upgrade the aiming speed and damage output for the Mortar, it demolishes enemy crowds.

bread's done
Back