PSNOT 3.0 - Let's Talk About University of Kentucky, Baby!

vaa3tiQ.png

Aside from the camera being annoying at times and bosses having some unfair attacks (#7's last phase on Furier is particularly rage-inducing), Furi is a phenomenal action game and probably my favorite Plus game this year so far. I really hope the devs make a sequel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finished the main mode of King Oddball. It was ok. It's basically like castle crashers or angry birds, except the firing mechanism is a little like a sling shot. You play the alien King Oddball who is a giant, disembodied, floating head with a long tongue. Your tongue grabs a rock and then you rock back and forth. When in the swing you release determines the path of the rock. You use the rock to destroy tanks, soldiers, and helicopters who have come out to oppose the King.

68wRX7.gif

You get 3 rock throws to clear the stage, or its game over. If you kill 3+ enemies in a single throw, then you get an extra rock. Also if you manage to deflect the rock so that it bounces back and hits the King, you get an extra rock. You can get some crazy combos going in later levels.

As you progress, they add extra obstacles, more enemies, and new gameplay items like explosive barrels, giant balls which will bounce the rock, and shields for the enemies which require 1 or 2 strikes to breach.

In addition to the 130ish main levels there are also some side mission collections with special restrictions like one set that requires you clear the stage with only 1 rock to start with or another set that replaces the 3 rocks with 2 grenades.

100%ing it is going to be a little tedious as you have to replay the main missions 2 more times, one in a mode that requires you to complete every level with 1 rock remaining in reserve (unfortunately, it doesn't count if you complete a level with extra rocks the first time through) and another fairly pointless mode that just mirror-images the level with no other changes.

I liked it for the price I paid, barely more than a $1, as the rocking motion gives you quite a bit of options for angles to throw the rock. If you are feeling like a lot of playthroughs, it is cross-buy for the PS3, Vita, and PS4; all with separate trophy lists, but no cross-save.

alienation stuff, spoilered for annoying:

they really missed the mark if they were trying to make something in the vein of diablo 3.  the post game is aggravatingly uninteresting.  all of the legendary drops are the same in terms of max base power and since you can reroll stats the only reason to keep hunting is to get one with a different unique ability and/or more slots (which there only seems to be 3 or so different ones).  then it's just grinding for cores, but there doesn't seem to be any useful way to do that other than not dying so that you keep your multiplier maxed.

the gameplay is still pretty fun which is keeping me putzing around but it'd be nice if there was more to do.  if they would've had a steady stream of post release content they'd probably be in good shape, but it's been 4 months and they've only added local coop and a higher difficulty.  

trophies aren't brutally grindy, but basically the long part is getting 12 level 6 cores to slot in a weapon that happens to have 12 slots.  I still haven't made an honest try at hardcore either.

anyways, there's that.

petermoore.jpg

Looks like it was done in the clink with a coat hanger, lighter and pen.

Last edited:
Nintendo will release a miniature NES on 11/11 for $60, with 30 games included and additional controllers available for $10 (also compatible with NES Virtual Console games on Wii or Wii U): https://www.destructoid.com/nintendo-is-launching-a-minature-nes-this-holiday-374910.phtml

List of included games:

• Balloon Fight
  • BUBBLE BOBBLE
  • Castlevania
  • Castlevania II: Simon’s Quest
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr. 
  • DOUBLE DRAGON II: THE REVENGE
  • Dr. Mario
  • Excitebike
  • FINAL FANTASY
  • Galaga
  • GHOSTS’N GOBLINS
  • GRADIUS
  • Ice Climber
  • Kid Icarus
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • Mario Bros. 
  • MEGA MAN 2
  • Metroid
  • NINJA GAIDEN
  • PAC-MAN
  • Punch-Out!! Featuring Mr. Dream
  • StarTropics
  • SUPER C
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros.2
  • Super Mario Bros.3
  • TECMO BOWL
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
The retro packaging is pretty dope:

bffacl0uiw5dlicaqxn7.jpg

I'll get one of the controllers and use it with VC. It's cute but I don't think you can add games. They don't mention it at least, so probably not.

I'll get one of the controllers and use it with VC. It's cute but I don't think you can add games. They don't mention it at least, so probably not.
You can't add games, but if you want to play most/all of the 30 that are included, the value is better than if you bought them via VC ($2/game ignoring the hardware cost).

You can't add games, but if you want to play most/all of the 30 that are included, the value is better than if you bought them via VC ($2/game ignoring the hardware cost).
A lot of those games I'm not interested in. Like Donkey Kong. If I play that I want t to be the arcade game, not an NES version

Hey Tyler, I have a spider living inside the side view mirror of my car as I brush off a web every day and, every morning, there's a new web there.  I wonder how big it is.

Hey Tyler, I have a spider living inside the side view mirror of my car as I brush off a web every day and, every morning, there's a new web there. I wonder how big it is.
I have the same situation, but I've seen the spider--it's not exactly small, but it's not that big, either.

PSNOT crew's name in the credits of that game is a blight on us forever.

Someone tell me which of these I want. NFS? REO? Lego games?
If you're a fan of the early RE games, RE Origins has one of the better values at $18 for both the original RE and RE0. I could see it going for $20 new later this year, though.

Hey Tyler, I have a spider living inside the side view mirror of my car as I brush off a web every day and, every morning, there's a new web there. I wonder how big it is.
I had one living in there a couple years back. And then I drowned it at a Mikes car wash.

Oh wren, today I got an email about some training class and it listed all of the people who are signed up for it.  One of them is named "Rong Wang"

Yeah, the Xbox One can wait. Time to get that NES.

Now you have no excuse to miss out on Ninja Gaiden,Tyler/others.

I beat the original Ninja Gaiden. It was pretty damn hard.
I actually beat the second game before I beat the first one.

#shadows

To this day, I haven't finished NG3.
They just had to add two continues and remove the shadow clones. And it was always when I got to the airship that I would have to start all over.

iPhone is back up and running. Screen is streaking in spots, but I can live with it for now. I got the new screen today, but I'll give it a few days and make sure everything else works good before I replace it.
Spoke to soon on that one; and has it really been three days since my last post. The phone wouldn't charge (it wouldn't even recognize a cable being plugged in) so I quickly ran done the new battery; it was only at about 25%. I ended up turning it off and ordering a replacement charge port assembly. It came today, and I just finished installing it. Good news is the phone recognizes when I plug a cable into it. Bad news is the phone says any Apple cable I plug into it is not certified; fucking Apple and their stupid MFi bullshit. I'm trying to see whether or not it will charge with the cable plugged in and the phone powered off; apparently that is a possible work-around. If all else fails, I'll buy a new phone. It's been fun replacing parts piece by piece and getting it to work as it does.

Nintendo will release a miniature NES on 11/11 for $60, with 30 games included and additional controllers available for $10 (also compatible with NES Virtual Console games on Wii or Wii U): https://www.destructoid.com/nintendo-is-launching-a-minature-nes-this-holiday-374910.phtml

List of included games:

• Balloon Fight
  • BUBBLE BOBBLE
  • Castlevania
  • Castlevania II: Simon’s Quest
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • DOUBLE DRAGON II: THE REVENGE
  • Dr. Mario
  • Excitebike
  • FINAL FANTASY
  • Galaga
  • GHOSTS’N GOBLINS
  • GRADIUS
  • Ice Climber
  • Kid Icarus
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • Mario Bros.
  • MEGA MAN 2
  • Metroid
  • NINJA GAIDEN
  • PAC-MAN
  • Punch-Out!! Featuring Mr. Dream
  • StarTropics
  • SUPER C
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros.2
  • Super Mario Bros.3
  • TECMO BOWL
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
The retro packaging is pretty dope:

bffacl0uiw5dlicaqxn7.jpg
That's pretty sweet, but where's Golgo 13.

bread's done
Back