PSNOT 3.0 - Let's Talk About University of Kentucky, Baby!

Played one run through Until Dawn... surprised at how much I enjoyed it.  I'm interested in going through and trying out the different paths.

Finished up Lego Batman 3 and all it's DLC with the boy... pretty weak offering as far as Lego games go.  Really pales in comparison to Marvel.  Finally platted Infinity 3.  Moved on to Skylanders Swap Force and it's surprisingly fun... pretty much trumps Infinity in all aspects except in quality of statues/toys and obviously your abiltiy to create your own world.  The skylanders story mode blows Infinity away... horribly.  No comparison there. It's really sad that Infinity couldn't have brought something better to the table rather than putting so much focus in creating your own worlds.  Everything from presentation to graphics are just hands down Skylanders all the way.

100% Frozen Free Fall

And wow  is Talos Principle sooooo satisfying.  What a great game.  I really hope those of you that enjoyed games like Portal and games that make you think in general will give it a go.  I thought I was going to be able to make it through the whole game without a guide but some of those stars are just ridiculously obscure.  This is definitely one of those games that you don't want to use a guide until you're absolutely stuck.  Really excited to hear they're doing a sequel.

So that's all the talking to a wall I've got in me today.... see you.... next month?

rollaway.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Played one run through Until Dawn... surprised at how much I enjoyed it. I'm interested in going through and trying out the different paths.

Finished up Lego Batman 3 and all it's DLC with the boy... pretty weak offering as far as Lego games go. Really pales in comparison to Marvel. Finally platted Infinity 3. Moved on to Skylanders Swap Force and it's surprisingly fun... pretty much trumps Infinity in all aspects except in quality of statues/toys and obviously your abiltiy to create your own world. The skylanders story mode blows Infinity away... horribly. No comparison there. It's really sad that Infinity couldn't have brought something better to the table rather than putting so much focus in creating your own worlds. Everything from presentation to graphics are just hands down Skylanders all the way.

100% Frozen Free Fall bitches.

And holy shit is Talos Principle sooooo satisfying. What a great game. I really hope those of you that enjoyed games like Portal and games that make you think in general will give it a go. I thought I was going to be able to make it through the whole game without a guide but some of those stars are just ridiculously obscure. This is definitely one of those games that you don't want to use a guide until you're absolutely stuck. Really excited to hear they're doing a sequel.

So that's all the talking to a wall I've got in me today.... see you.... next month?

rollaway.gif
People may not be posting but they're definitely reading.

I think I got bored of Nova-111 a couple levels after the first boss. Kinda giving up the idea that I'll ever go back to it. 

I wish I had thought to change duck duck goose/gray duck, to na na Batman as a kid.  

Have the kid tapping people on the head be Joker, Penguin, Catwoman, Two Face, whatever they want, going around the circle saying na with each tap, and then pick the one who is Batman, who then tries to catch them before they sit down.  And, if they start fighting, have a bunch of cutout colored BAM, BOOM, POW, SOCK, and BIFF signs at the ready.

I wish I had thought to change duck duck goose/gray duck, to na na Batman as a kid.

Have the kid tapping people on the head be Joker, Penguin, Catwoman, Two Face, whatever they want, going around the circle saying na with each tap, and then pick the one who is Batman, who then tries to catch them before they sit down. And, if they start fighting, have a bunch of cutout colored BAM, BOOM, POW, SOCK, and BIFF signs at the ready.
post-37094-Tom-Cruise-WHAT-gif-Oblivion-I-wDog.gif

ps+ freebies and zombies dlc just dropped live. now to get as many trophies as i can in the next few hours. no possible way i will find 10% of easter egg tho, lol

lYwgl6.gif

Finished the hard playthrough of Wet. It's a 3rd person action game which lets you go into slowmo whenever you want by shooting whenever you are doing a stunt (wall run, dive, slide, flipping on a horizontal pole, somersault, etc.). As you kill enemies rapidly it increases your multiplier (up to a maximum of 5). The flashier your stunts while shooting and the higher your multiplier, the more points you get which lets you buy new abilities and upgrade your weapons (sword, pistol, shotgun, SMG, explosive tipped crossbow). How high your multiplier is also determines how fast your HP regens, at 4-5X if you are continually doing stunts and killing you can come back to full HP from even a sliver of health. in slowmo one gun targets the nearest enemies, and the other gun you can aim manually, allowing you to be killing 2 enemies at the same time. There is an upgrade you can buy which resets the locked on gun to the enemy you are manually firing at with R3.

There are basically 4 segments of gameplay. There are the normal traversal sections which have you platforming and climbing and are peppered with enemy encounters, not enough to get your multiplier up. There are a couple of vehicle sections in which you ride on top of a car and jump from car to car on a freeway shooting enemies as they poke their heads out of vehicles to shoot you. There are also a few miniguns sequences in which you just mow down waves of enemies. The bread and butter of the game (and where you earn most of your points) are in the arena sequences.

During a level you will enter a sealed area which has several doors that will regularly spawn a set number of enemies a set period of time after all the previous wave from that door has been defeated. It usually has objects to hide behind, crates with ammo, barrels that will explode when shot, and horizontal bars, zip lines, and other methods to move around other than running along the ground. There are also a few pick-ups which say X2 or X3 which you can use to boost your multiplier at the start before you begin killing, or to amp it up mid-fight to improve your health regen. You can close a door at any time you have an opening by slicing the icon next to door 3 times with your sword. Though closing it will make it easier, it deprives you of the points you would have acquired from killing them as eventually the door will stop spawning enemies.

They begin with basic grunts with clubs but later in the same the enemies have upgraded weapons (swords, SMGs, and shotguns) as well as heavy armor. One of the last arena's even had suicide enemies that would blow up so you can't kill them at close range. Some of the arenas are set up well so that you can constantly be moving and shooting whether you are diving and gunning on the ground, or flipping through the air, but others have an awkward above ground configuration which cause you do stop dead in your tracks making you a sitting duck.

There is also a variation on this, the rage sequences, in which bloods splashes on Rubi's face at scripted times causing everything to color shift red with blood appearing as white. In this mode the arena is longer (more like an obstacle course) and the enemies do not usually infinitely spawn. As you kill the counter goes up, but every few seconds you aren't killing the counter quickly dips by 1. The goal is to get as quickly through the sequence as possible while constantly killing to keep your counter up.

One problem with the point structure is the lion share of the points come from the arena sequences, so though some of the other sequences (like the last freeway sequence) are incredibly difficult, they provide very few points. Another problem is there isn't really enough ammunition for your other guns (pistol has infinite ammo). Ammo is never refilled between chapters. On some this makes sense as times it flows directly from one to the other (like existing a stronghold to a freeway chase). On others, like when Rubi retreats to meet her contacts and is shown checking her own weapons before traveling to attack another target, it makes zero sense. More than a few times my character would jump the wrong way or miss a jump, the traversal system is not as tight as it needs to be, the wall run is very unreliable.

The story is a very simple and forgettable tale of revenge and feels like a thinly strung together set of different environments, though given it's grindhouse cinema aesthetics (there is a scratchy film filter that you can turn off if you wish, loading screens with old "let's all go to the lobby" film commercials) it is possible this is a purposeful choice.

When everything is clicking and you are effortlessly flipping from ledge, to bar, to bar and back again killing as you hang onto a sliver of health so that you can get your multiplier up to regen HP Wet is intense and pretty amazing. Though problems with the traversal system and some arena designs mean it doesn't come together effortlessly too often. Platting the game is also a slog as it requires a hard, very hard, golden guns (every enemy dies in one hit, but you are also very fragile), and points mode (in which you have to acquire a certain point threshold each level) playthroughs, so at least 4. There is also a challenge room filled with obstacle course time trials in which you have to get gold ranks.

Unless you are really good at shooters, if you have this on your backlog I would go for one normal playthrough and then move on as it is a bit too frustrating on hard difficulty.

This is the most hilarious dlc rollout iv ever seen. 8 people in my chat party are freaking out cuz it keeps saying live and nothing is happening and now they just dropped 1.16 another 9 gig patch update! lol what is happening?! hype freakout :) so fun

How does KoF XIV compare to SF V, Mild?
I haven't played a ton of kof in my life, but it can be pretty overwhelming compared to sf5. there's a lot of movement options (small hop, running hop, regular jump, high jump, forward/backward standing rolls, dashes, runs, walks, crouch) and they're all situational. the inputs for a lot of characters are more complicated/annoying than sf5 too with things like qcb->hcf+punch are not uncommon. there is a dial-a-combo in this one which is nice as it lets you focus on learning how to get in, but when I came up against people that knew how to play kof I stood zero chance. I was usually lucky to take a half bar of their life. The SP content isn't life changing in either one. kof does have 50 characters to play with that are all pretty different though, sf5 has like 10-12 without dlc.

currently the online in kof has a lot of scrubs so it can be pretty fun to play but as usual that'll last a few weeks and then only the serious folks will still be around. It took me about 100 matches to get 59 ranked wins.

I actually ran into a fellow scrub on SFV using the casual option and won! And that says a lot, because I am real bad. Then I tried some ranked matches and got owned. So maybe in casual you can still find fellow newbs on SFV?

Also where is my discounted Arcade Pack, Vig???

I actually ran into a fellow scrub on SFV using the casual option and won! And that says a lot, because I am real bad. Then I tried some ranked matches and got owned. So maybe in casual you can still find fellow newbs on SFV?

Also where is my discounted Arcade Pack, Vig???
I wish I knew. :-({|=

I can't say I'm a fan of this "Have a crappy sale week after giving a pretty-OK one the previous week" mentality; there don't need to be 100+ games at 60-70% off, but give us something every week besides 2K or Rockstar "sales" (the Plus games don't count).

You finally get your copy of ZTD from Amazon?
Not exactly. I had to contact Danny from Aksys Games via email and he sent me a code for the Vita version after I explained that Amazon hadn't sent me the game yet despite promising they'd do so. :whistle2:$

It's pretty great so far, but I wish they had stuck with how Virtue's Last Reward looked--it's weird to watch cutscenes where only mouths and/or arms move when people talk.

zombies map is alot more awesome than i expected. if you have ever played zombies in waw, blops 1, blops 2 or blops 3 they combine locations from so many different zombie maps. so far we have seen der eisendrache, origins, mob of the dead, nacht der untoten, kino der toten, verukt, shangri la, and snippits of buried/shi no numa(zetsubou), and enemies/weapons from shadows of evil. my buddys want to see stuff from the moon but i think we blew up the moon in der eisen. awesome wootwoot

so we found some radios of sarah michelle gellar and mcnamara from blops 1 zombie maps that werent included (call of the dead/five(pentagon) and they just said they are sole survivors. pretty awesome

also my buddy found a kronorium book on an mp map and i just found a dragon egg in citadel (also an apothican servant creature in a past mp map)

i also found 4 buttons in nacht and they make noises but no idea what they do.

wootwoot i love this stuff

Risk of Rain spoilers! final boss videos!\

Here i am being super lazy with an enforcer, none shall pass!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YdyJLlXriQ&feature=youtu.be

and then i beat it as a loader with like 20 attack drones

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xpZnKqOJGM&feature=youtu.be

i also beat it as the acrid monster but didn't save it. hit me up if ya wanna co op this

bread's done
Back