PSNOT 3.0 - Let's Talk About University of Kentucky, Baby!

I can't really help much for the second boss aside from recommending the bubble item (as seen in the video you included) linking to this strategy from PSNP, but for the first (Dagron), I tried to time it so that after using a Super Monster Milk and stunning him the first time, hit him only 10 times, then button-mash like crazy after stunning him again. He's nearly impossible to dodge after speeding up, which he does when his health is low, so you don't want to button-mash him during the first stun. It might not help, but here's the PSNP strategy for that boss, too.
I got the first one done, and I've been doing runs at the second one. I should beat him sometime tonight. I've got the ball patterns down, but I keep making stupid little mistakes like running into the swords.

Hey Pharm, did you ever get an opportunity to use that jumper box thing?

Battery was dead on Friday on one of our cars. My jumper box wasn't fully charged. Had to use jumper cables. Which were locked in the trunk of the dead car, which has an electric release only. Finally got the trunk open and was able to start the car. I only drove it once in almost 3 weeks so hoping it isn't time for a new battery.

Half tempted to get one like you got either way.
Just bite the bullet, go to Costco, and buy a new battery for ~$70-80. It's just not worth having to worry about.

Last time my battery started failing (after leaving a cabin light on) I would try to use a jumper box but I just couldn't ever get enough juice to start it up. After a couple AAA calls (and a "battery conditioning" after the first jump) I decided it wasn't worth having to baby the car by having to make sure I ran it every couple days.

PS: I don't think I understand the flow of this Shiren game at all. I'm not dying or anything since the first dungeons are easy, just can't seem to get a grasp on which items I should be holding onto and which ones to sell off. Too quickly end up with a full inventory even while using the pots.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just bite the bullet, go to Costco, and buy a new battery for ~$70-80. It's just not worth having to worry about.

Last time my battery started failing (after leaving a cabin light on) I would try to use a jumper box but I just couldn't ever get enough juice to start it up. After a couple AAA calls (and a "battery conditioning" after the first jump) I decided it wasn't worth having to baby the car by having to make sure I ran it every couple days.
I don't think the battery is that old but will check it. I was just in a rush Friday morning. If it is 5 years old (I don't think so) I will probably replace it.

Probably closer to $100 though. Don't have Costco around here and heard the one that was SUPPOSED to be coming near my job isn't. Grrr.

Hey Pharm, did you ever get an opportunity to use that jumper box thing?

Battery was dead on Friday on one of our cars. My jumper box wasn't fully charged. Had to use jumper cables. Which were locked in the trunk of the dead car, which has an electric release only. Finally got the trunk open and was able to start the car. I only drove it once in almost 3 weeks so hoping it isn't time for a new battery.

Half tempted to get one like you got either way.
no i havent had to use it since i got a new car and all. hope my battery doesnt die anytime soon! anyway you reminded me i need to charge mine so thanks!

PS you should join discord and pop in every now and then just like Vig....I mean not like Vig, he never comes in...

I would like to rescind my favorable review of Nova-111. This game is way too long and the way it counts scientists and secrets is fucking stupid. You need to collect them all in one run, which wouldn't normally be annoying but some require you to backtrack once you get more powers, so you're basically collecting them more than once. Time to use a map and get this shit game over with.

Vig, Super Meat Boy question, should I do all the light worlds first or do the dark world after I finish the light world of an area?

The game glitched and gave me the trophy for beating the Forest light world without dying halfway through my run. I ended up still going and trying to get it legitimately afterwards but if it does that for me on one of the near impossible worlds, I think I'll just have to count my blessings.

Oh shit, I thought you had to do the world in one sitting starting from the beginning. It gave me the trophy cause I decided to continue for practice after I died that first time and didn't die for the rest of the world. Then when I started over, it was all the easy levels so I got it super quick. fuck, I wasted like an hour.

Vig, Super Meat Boy question, should I do all the light worlds first or do the dark world after I finish the light world of an area?
If you want to play levels in order of difficulty, you might want to do all of the light worlds first, but when I played SMB, I played each dark world once I had finished its light world equivalent.

Oh shit, I thought you had to do the world in one sitting starting from the beginning. It gave me the trophy cause I decided to continue for practice after I died that first time and didn't die for the rest of the world. Then when I started over, it was all the easy levels so I got it super quick. fuck, I wasted like an hour.
Yeah, the fact that you can play the levels in any order--so long as you finish each one without dying in one sitting--is a godsend for the later worlds.

Destructoid's reviews of the three Dead Rising remasters releasing today:

Dead Rising (8/10)

While novel at the time, [the time-management system] can become tiresome in later playthroughs. If you've never played Dead Rising before the gist is that time is constantly running, with the final requirement of Frank needing to be present at the helipad to "escape" and end the game on a certain date. Because of this underlying limitation, you can actually miss out on side missions or core missions entirely by futzing around, which is part of the allure of a sandbox game that takes place in a mall.
How much you enjoy Dead Rising hinges entirely on your acceptance of this principle. As someone who doesn't mind playing games over and over until I perfect them, I like the idea of adding some form of urgency, and feel like in most sessions I have ample time to meander without missing out on much. By that same token I also prefer the leniency of the sequels, and enjoy replaying them more often. It's a give and take, but Dead Rising is worth the squeeze and still holds up after all this time.
Dead Rising 2 (8/10)

But for as uneven as [fighting the psychopaths in] Dead Rising 2 can be, the rest of the experience shines, even today. It's one of those games that pays back the time you invest into it at least double fold. Returning players won't find anything substantially new in this remaster aside from sharper image quality and better performance, but given the budget pricing here, that's a perfectly reasonable offer.
Dead Rising 2: Off the Record (7/10)

When speaking to [other Destructoid reviewers] about the ports for Dead Rising 1 and 2 respectively, they said they had nowhere near this much trouble [with game crashes], barring a few short dips in frame rate. For what it's worth, I tried another PlayStation 4 just to make sure I wasn't having caching issues or the like and found the same experience.
These problems are extra frustrating, because when Dead Rising 2: Off the Record functions properly, I have a blast with it. The story is nothing memorable, but the toybox that is Fortune City allows for all sorts of emergent storytelling that I'll remember for some time. I'm hoping that Frank's return in Dead Rising 4 fares better.
tl;dr: DR1 & 2 are basically prettier versions of the same games and usually run close to 60FPS, but Off the Record has issues.

OK, this is pretty sweet:

Sonic Mania Collector's Edition! Seems to be digital only like Hitman

14242499_10154491961567418_3528545452969358092_o.jpg

Supposedly you can PO only at http://www.sonicthehedgehog.com/en/game-info/sonicmania/collectors/#purchase but it doesn't work for me
But it'll probably cost $100+ and since it won't be available at Amazon or Best Buy, I'll most likely pass.

EDIT: Well, looks like I was wrong--it's up on Amazon for $69.99 before Prime discount. If only this included a physical disc.

Mmm...  Dead Rising 1 on the PS4...  Can't wait to get it!

(I think I've beaten it 3 times on the 360.)

put in an amazon preorder for that sonic ce. haven't decided if I'm going to keep it yet though, it's kinda pricey. depends on how much the game itself will cost i guess. 

AC: The Ezio Collection announced for PS4/XB1 with the single-player stuff for AC2, Brotherhood, and Revelations: http://gematsu.com/2016/09/assassins-creed-ezio-collection-announced-ps4-xbox-one

lol $60 MSRP
Live Ezio’s complete life story – Play as Ezio, the most celebrated and iconic Assassin in the Assassin’s Creed franchise, on his journey from a young man to the most legendary leader of the Assassin Brotherhood, and in his final quest for discovery and revelation through all single-player campaigns and single-player add-on content from the three collected games.
Yeah, that sure sounds like there are no MP trophies, which is nice. I've only played 2 so far, not R or B, so I'll happily play the collection instead on PS4 rather than on the PC versions I have. That puts me down to having only AC3 in my AC PS3 backlog.

Yeah, that sure sounds like there are no MP trophies, which is nice. I've only played 2 so far, not R or B, so I'll happily play the collection instead on PS4 rather than on the PC versions I have. That puts me down to having only AC3 in my AC PS3 backlog.
I know Brotherhood is considered the best one but I still felt like Revelations had the best city.

Maybe I'll finally finish the plat for Liberation and try for it on chronicles so I can have all of the plats

Hot Shots Tennis is awesome.

EDF 5 looks nuts as hell.  

edit - but damn that is an ugly trophy card

also, I'm glad I played that nba2k17 demo with the trophies.  now I know that I never want to play an nba2k game.  although the way they measure your performance in the game is pretty awesome, they should be very proud of that.

Maybe I'll finally finish the plat for Liberation and try for it on chronicles so I can have all of the plats.

Hot Shots Tennis is awesome.

EDF 5 looks nuts as hell.

edit - but damn that is an ugly trophy card
Speaking of Hot Shots...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tdex5Y1MD04

This looks pretty good.

Nice achievement card Stotch.  Man how this place has changed in the last few months. 

Everyone left for Discord.  Tyler and Stotch are earning achievements on XBox One.

I thought I was almost done with The Warriors, but I think I'm only 60% through it!

When you beat the game, you gain access to an arcade cabinet that is a sidescrolling beat-em-up (using the game's 3D assets on a 2D plain).  Pretty cool!

-

Someone probably already posted about this, but Red Dead Revolver was briefly listed in the PSN Store in Australia.

I'm gonna snap-buy that when it hits.  Awesome game.  (It's nothing like Redemption, though.)

Here's hoping for Manhunt 2 and Max Payne 2.

bread's done
Back