PSNOT 3.0 - Let's Talk About University of Kentucky, Baby!

Finished Lego Marvel Super Heroes for plat #57.

Didn't like it as much as the two Lego Batman games I've played. It seemed fairly paint by numbers with only a few chuckle moments. Even for a lego game the plot felt quite thin with just a random collection of various locations strung together. Making progress through some levels was quite a chore as you would have to switch characters over and over fairly frequently to clear puzzles, more so than in past games. Some of the side-missions weren't so bad, but the ones where you have to lead a character back were pretty excruciating since you can't make them jump into a car, you have to run back and make sure they don't get caught on an object and left behind. One time the character just stopped moving 95% of the way to the goal so I just had to punch them over and over to slowly move them to the trigger point to end the mission.

I'm also not sure what the purpose of the save points are mid-mission. You can save and exit and come back mid-mission supposedly (I never tried it), but there is also the option to "save and continue." I did that periodically, but then the game crashed at the end of the final mission and when I booted the level up I was back at the beginning so "save and continue" appears to do nothing.

Purchasable vehicles are also fairly pointless in the game. If you need a car it is so much easier to just grab one off the street that is driving around rather than hoofing it to a terminal and then waiting through two loads to grab a car. The air vehicles also aren't as fast as just flying. If you could have accessed vehicles via the same character select screen (holding triangle) once you move into freeplay mode after finishing the story and have them air-dropped to you in a box where you are, they might have had some use. As is, the novelty of driving a certain characters' vehicle isn't worth the several minute detour to acquire it. I only took the time to load up one land-based vehicle from a terminal, a motorcycle, as one of the races had a landing after a jump that a long vehicle like a car would get stuck with the tires unable to touch the ground.

Hey Vig, everyone in Discord wanted me to give you your opinions on the following games:

- FFXV: Terrible

- The Last Guardian: GOTY maybe

- Resident Evil 7: poop poop thumbs down poop
FFXV: Haven't started yet, but hopeful it'll be really really good

The Last Guardian: Won't buy for a little while, but yeah, probably GOTY :whee:

RE7: Loved the final demo, will probably buy day-one

Last edited by a moderator:
FFXV: Haven't started yet, but hopeful it'll be really really good

The Last Guardian: Won't buy for a little while, but yeah, probably GOTY :whee:

RE7: Loved the final demo, will probably buy day-one
Umm we just told you what to think, stop trying to think on your own. - Stotch.

new trophy card style at psnp!

MildObstruction.png

#thisisthetrophycardthread

How do you get the new trophy card as your trophy card?

Also PSNP's new font sucks. And still no friends or custom leaderboards. 

/giphy downgrade

mild almost has the platinum in both ff games before i can even get halfway through one of them :/
ffxv is crazy short compared to most jrpgs. I think if you were organized you could get it done in 30-40 hours or less. there's a lot of silly stuff to do beyond the trophy list though so you'd miss out on some of that.

I kinda like the newer card. It's bigger, which as we know is always better.

Plus, it shows that I have 3 100% games,  as opposed to my lowly 2 Platinums.

that lego dimension starter kit at target for $29 is tempting, but I really don't need to get sucked down into that wormhole.

I looked at the PSNow game list and it's got quite a few things on it that I'd be interested in playing. Doesn't seem that bad of a deal at least if you buy a year for $100. You'd get a fair amount of entertainment out of it. Well, assuming it works really well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did the year sub to psnow. I guess we'll see how much I use it, but I spent the evening finally playing more puppeteer and it is excellent. Also ni no kuni. Unfortunately I can't play hsg because my cloud save has the dlc in it thus destroying my plans of finishing the plat while watching TV.

If I didn't have all these PS4 games to play I'd get PSNow for a year. Can you not use your PS3 cloud saves with PSNow? What about saving them to a flash drive - any way to get them on PSNow?

If I didn't have all these PS4 games to play I'd get PSNow for a year. Can you not use your PS3 cloud saves with PSNow? What about saving them to a flash drive - any way to get them on PSNow?
You can use your ps+ cloud saves with psnow. It's a little irritating in that you have to download them to the virtual ps3, but you can just do it in bulk once and be good to go. Trophy syncing is also manual iirc.

Just like the ps4...

How did sony manage to do auto trophy sync on ps3 and vita but couldnt figure that out for ps4.
Here's my theory for why it doesn't work on PS4. On PS3 you had to set a default account that would get logged in automatically at some time in the night and then it would sync. That worked OK for one person, but it doesn't do any other accounts any good, so it's not ideal. On vita there's only one account and it's always logged in, so it just syncs. On PS4 there's no mechanism for auto-logging in an account, and even if it did that wouldn't do any other accounts on the PS4 any good. Now if they were doing it right they wouldn't require an account to be logged in to sync trophies. It should be able to just sync trophies for all the accounts, but no it doesn't have that. Maybe they'll add it at some point but I kind of doubt it at this point. Wait for PS5.

bread's done
Back