PSone/LCD combo $9.99 @ Kmart(may me YMMV)

HOLY CRAP!!!!! Talk about an incredible deal. I got this tidbit of information from briansraregames, who got this at one of their Kmarts a while ago.

I didn't think that it was a legit deal, but I had the clerk check tonight at my Kmart, where they had ONE left.

I snatched that up post haste, this will come in very handy on road trips.

Happy Hunting!

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Actually, MightySlacker, as I said in my last post, there are at LEAST 2 stores that I can think of where I remember seeing the combos IN THE CASE still.

Though, I do admit to finding Kmart stores that still sold PS1 games from when the PS1 first came out in their cases. If Kmart corporate were more organized, they would put up HUGE signs, stating the clearance prices for each item in the game section. THAT would finally allow some of these stores to clean out their cases of the older stuff.[/QUOTE]

No Kidding!

The Kmart that I went to this morning had a ton of things still in the case (and overflowing outside), but NOTHING was marked with a clearance price. They still had 3 Combos left, with the $149.99 sticker still on them. It took 30 minutes and multiple phone calls to various managers and different price checkers to finally get them to allow me to buy one of them for $9.99. There was a bunch of other things that looked interesting, but by then I was fed up with the whole process. I did snag a Baten Kaitos for $7 though, so that was nice. =)

[quote name='CaptPete']No Kidding!

The Kmart that I went to this morning had a ton of things still in the case (and overflowing outside), but NOTHING was marked with a clearance price. They still had 3 Combos left, with the $149.99 sticker still on them. It took 30 minutes and multiple phone calls to various managers and different price checkers to finally get them to allow me to buy one of them for $9.99. There was a bunch of other things that looked interesting, but by then I was fed up with the whole process. I did snag a Baten Kaitos for $7 though, so that was nice. =)[/QUOTE]
wanna run back and grab me a combo?

LOL Pook and neo, knowing my prior luck with buying stuff to try and ebay, I'd buy the FFVII from the local Kmart and the sudden overwhelming demand for it would drop off to nothing.

I'd probably have to end up selling it at a loss, knowing my luck.

But, I may still grab it, if no one else has.

And CaptPete, your Kmart must be like mine, because I think I've seen some of the launch titles for PS2 in the cases.

And people WONDER why Kmart was in bankruptcy, they keep stuff at the same price point forever in some cases.

[quote name='eau']Nice deal. Can this LCD be hooked up to something other than a PSone?[/QUOTE]

Yes, sort-of. There's a `standard' camcorder-style mini audio/video jack that gives you stereo composite input. Power comes from the PSOne power supply though, so you've got to have one of those to use it. It is hackable to get an RGB input though.

This guy was using a PAL version:
http://starfox.ucc.asn.au/carcomp/serio_lcd.htm

This one looks like an NTSC one:http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1558,1766554,00.asp

This guy hacked his to connect to a GBA:http://www.konlabs.com/articles_data/gwgba/index.htm

Eau, I'm not sure about that, but in case you can't find any of the combos left, the standalone screens were $13 a while back. I'm not sure how many people may have ran out and grabbed them, so you may still find one.

And, I remember reading on here that FYE had some LCD screen for PS2 for $10 or so as well, again in case you can't find the screen/psone combo.

Yea, that's crazy about FFVII. I've passed up cheap used copies of the GH version just because the manual was missing or something, but was in otherwise fine condition. How in the hell can this game be rare? Stupid eBay!

Back on topic though, I hit about 4 KMarts in the past week, looking for PSOne/LCD combos. No luck. The last one I went to had boxed/new PSOnes without LCD screens, but they still rang up $29.99. Oh well.

If anyone has extras, I AM STILL INTERESTED! *hint*PM*hint*

[quote name='GuilewasNK']What in the hell? Since when did the GH version get that high?[/quote]
hahaha fools at ebay youll be able to dl that on to psp at the end of the year and why is it so priceie they sell it here for $8.99

I'm going to check out the only K-Mart around here tomorrow, but I'm not optimistic, so if anyone finds one and is willing to sell it (not trade) for a reasonable price, let me know.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']What in the hell? Since when did the GH version get that high?[/QUOTE]

Sad part is I past up soooooo many GH copies in the last year or so. TRU still had them @ 75% off last year and CC had a few when they cleared out the rest of the PS1 stock they had. I know I past up about 20 copies of FF VII GH all of them under 10.00 ... D'oh

[quote name='Kfoster1979']Sad part is I past up soooooo many GH copies in the last year or so. TRU still had them @ 75% off last year and CC had a few when they cleared out the rest of the PS1 stock they had. I know I past up about 20 copies of FF VII GH all of them under 10.00 ... D'oh[/quote]

I saw some at Best Buy last year in Roanoke IIRC.

I have some extra 12 mo xbox live kit with crimson sky.
And one would like to trade the psone combo for it?

Good thing would be if my local Kmart didn't sell outta the car adapter, so then I could sell the one I bought as a 'kid distractor' for parents coming to my flea market stand.

But, I may still pick up the copy of Final Fantasy VII for the PS1 to hawk on ebay for hopefully 40-50 bucks.

bread's done
Back