PSone/LCD combo $9.99 @ Kmart(may me YMMV)

HOLY CRAP!!!!! Talk about an incredible deal. I got this tidbit of information from briansraregames, who got this at one of their Kmarts a while ago.

I didn't think that it was a legit deal, but I had the clerk check tonight at my Kmart, where they had ONE left.

I snatched that up post haste, this will come in very handy on road trips.

Happy Hunting!

I'm amazed that any Kmart's still have these left after they've been on clearance for around 2 years. Nice find though.

Thanks Shipwreck, but as I said, credit goes to briansraregames, he PMed me about this deal.

Been thinking bout picking this up for a while now. They also had copies of Radiata Stories in the same store, with a $29.99 clearance tag on them, which may ring up lower. I didn't have them check though.

I bought about 10 of these a couple months back. Most were given to friends and family, but I did manage to sell 4 of them and I still have 1 sealed.

I'm surprised K-Marts still have these, mainly because they were only $13. So really it's only a $3.01 drop, no big deal.

[quote name='Prepster']I bought about 10 of these a couple months back. Most were given to friends and family, but I did manage to sell 4 of them and I still have 1 sealed.[/quote]

Prepster, check my list for anything you'd be interested in for the PS1 combo.

If anybody else can find one and is interested in something from my trade list, pick it up and let me know.

Yea - I picked up about 10 of these for $10 last year. Still have 2 left sealed for myself.
Not surprised some stores still have these, since all the ones i got were either marked at $70 or $115 or something like that.

Wait a second, I just realized you said LCD AND PSOne, holy crap that's an awesome deal. I need to see if my K-Mart still has any of these. Thanks for the heads up.

[quote name='TimPV3']Wait a second, I just realized you said LCD AND PSOne, holy crap that's an awesome deal. I need to see if my K-Mart still has any of these. Thanks for the heads up.[/quote]

Hmmmmm - combo , eh?

If anybody would pick one up for me, I'd be extremely greatful. PM me if you'd be the nicest person in the world. All my K-marts in the madison county/marshal county area dont have squat.

[quote name='neocisco']Prepster, check my list for anything you'd be interested in for the PS1 combo.

If anybody else can find one and is interested in something from my trade list, pick it up and let me know.[/quote]

didn't see anything, sorry man.

[quote name='projecteightysix']If anybody would pick one up for me, I'd be extremely greatful. PM me if you'd be the nicest person in the world. All my K-marts in the madison county/marshal county area dont have squat.[/QUOTE]

Same here, I'd be willing to pay for shipping plus throw in some extra $$ for the trouble, or CML. Or if it's a PS1 combo I'll pay $13 shipped for the the "new" LCD by itself.

There hasn't been a Kmart near this area since.......?.......1995-96. No BS.

Only other Kmart near me where I remember seeing one of these combo PSone/LCDs was a store down in Pittston, PA.

Though, I think the store in Wilkes-Barre, PA also had one or two last time I was down there.

Just a further heads up for the CAGs in my area.

THis clearance price is at least 6 months old, so posting requests for people to fid you one are pretty silly. Unless the store has some in the back and you can get them to actually go look and find them, the odds are about as good as finding a $5 Disgaea at Circuit City

Dave

Actually, MightySlacker, as I said in my last post, there are at LEAST 2 stores that I can think of where I remember seeing the combos IN THE CASE still.

Though, I do admit to finding Kmart stores that still sold PS1 games from when the PS1 first came out in their cases. If Kmart corporate were more organized, they would put up HUGE signs, stating the clearance prices for each item in the game section. THAT would finally allow some of these stores to clean out their cases of the older stuff.

Trust me, when I first found out this price, I could remember a few stores seeing them in the cases, and when I actually went they were gone. Remembering them and having them in hand are two seperate things.

And I still find it funny that the combos are $10 and the screens themselves are $13

Dave

If I'm ever out of the area and see a K-Mart near by I'll be sure to check. Thanks OP!

Hell, these have been on clearance for YEARS. I wish there were still some around here but I haven't seen any. Only place I've seen them in stock is Meijer and as far as I know, they're still full retail of like $175 at Meijer.

Radiata Stories is still $29.99, I had someone scan it tonight. I need to find one of those combos! That is one sweet CAG deal! And to think I just found the car adapters for these tonight for $4!!

The car adapters have been sold out for a while at my local Kmart, or I'd pick one up and have it for the return trips when I go to the auto auction with my one cousin.

I checked the Pittston, PA one, they sold the ONE they had remaining, but I DID pick up a copy of Thief for the Xbox for $7. They also had a copy of FFVII(GH) there, but I didn't have it price checked.

What I find more confusing is how the multi taps for the Playstation/PSone cost MORE than this combo still($18), as that same store I hit today had 2 in stock.

I also saw a copy of Midways Arcade Treasures 2 for XBox for $5 and a copy of a Shonen Jump RPG for $8. I can't remember the name offhand though.

I just spotted many great RPGs on Kmart.com as well, I'll post some links. Some appear to be GH versions, I've noted that where necessary.

Final Fantasy Chronicles(GH):
http://www.kmart.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=128674&view=60&Ne=750000000&Ntt=playstation&Ntk=All&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Ns=PRODUCT_IMAGE_FLAG%7c%7cPRODUCT_MINPRICE%7c0&N=4294966997&Nty=1
Final Fantasy Anthology(GH):
http://www.kmart.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=128667&view=60&Ne=750000000&Ntt=playstation&Ntk=All&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Ns=PRODUCT_IMAGE_FLAG%7c%7cPRODUCT_MINPRICE%7c0&N=4294966997&Nty=1
Chrono Cross(GH):
http://www.kmart.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=128669&view=60&Ne=750000000&Ntt=playstation&Ntk=All&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Ns=PRODUCT_IMAGE_FLAG%7c%7cPRODUCT_MINPRICE%7c0&N=4294966997&Nty=1
Final Fantasy Origins 1&2:
http://www.kmart.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=128708&view=60&Ne=750000000&Ntt=playstation&Ntk=All&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Ns=PRODUCT_IMAGE_FLAG%7c%7cPRODUCT_MINPRICE%7c0&N=4294966997&Nty=1
Xenogears(GH):
http://www.kmart.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=128663&view=60&Ne=750000000&Ntt=playstation&Ntk=All&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Ns=PRODUCT_IMAGE_FLAG%7c%7cPRODUCT_MINPRICE%7c0&N=4294966997&Nty=1
Final Fantasy VIII:
http://www.kmart.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=128666&view=60&Ne=750000000&Ntt=playstation&Ntk=All&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Ns=PRODUCT_IMAGE_FLAG%7c%7cPRODUCT_MINPRICE%7c0&N=4294966997&Nty=1
Final Fantasy IX(GH):
http://www.kmart.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=128672&view=60&Ne=750000000&Ntt=playstation&Ntk=All&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Ns=PRODUCT_IMAGE_FLAG%7c%7cPRODUCT_MINPRICE%7c0&N=4294966997&Nty=1

i dont use mine for ps one games. i jsut get a couple cables and hook my GC/xbox/ps2 to iit if i need another screen or have some friends that want to paly another system

I checked the one closest to me today, and no luck. I KNOW there was one at another store further away that I am going to check tomorrow. In the mean time, I would be willing to kick in a little extra for one of these if anybody finds one or has spare, PM please!

If someone finds a combo pack i would REALLY appreciate it if you could pick on up and we can see if we can make a deal to ship it this way, i always wanted a ps1 with a lcd screen.

[quote name='dios']If someone finds a combo pack i would REALLY appreciate it if you could pick on up and we can see if we can make a deal to ship it this way, i always wanted a ps1 with a lcd screen.

I feel like I am pretty late to the party, but if anyone wants to seel one, I would totally be down for buying one. I will keep my eyes open when I find a K-mart as well.

I picked up 2 MORE clearance games from a local Kmart(Pittston,PA). I grabbed the only copies of Midways Arcade Treasures 2 for Xbox for $2 and Shonen Jump's Shaman King for $5.

I was also REALLY tempted to pick up their sole copy of Final Fantasy VII to maybe try and hawk on ebay for a killing, even though they still want $14.99 for what is a 9 year old game now.

Oh well, maybe I'll go back tomorrow.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I was also REALLY tempted to pick up their sole copy of Final Fantasy VII to maybe try and hawk on ebay for a killing, even though they still want $14.99 for what is a 9 year old game now.

Oh well, maybe I'll go back tomorrow.[/quote]

Those things are going for $200 on ebay (crackheads). You should be waiting at the door in the morning.

[quote name='neocisco']Those things are going for $200 on ebay (crackheads). You should be waiting at the door in the morning.[/quote]

Funny thing is - i told him this Tuesday in a PM...:roll:

[quote name='Pookymeister1234']Funny thing is - i told him this Tuesday in a PM...:roll:[/quote]

Didn't you post links? Somebody did and that's where I got the amount from.

bread's done
Back