PSP $145, Xbox Arcade $169, Pro $254, Elite $339, PS3 80GB $340 @ Dell.com

Da_man24

CAGiversary!
PSP 2000 Series Slim Unit – Piano Black for $144.49

Microsoft Xbox 360 Arcade Holiday Bundle for $169.99

Sony PlayStation 3 80GB Game Console for $339.99

This deal isn't as good as last time, but if you missed out on the other deal here is your chance to buy a console or a PSP for a cheaper price.It also has Free shipping and it takes anywhere from 3 to 5 days for your order to arrive. The only downside of this deal is that taxes get added. But you're still saving more than $30 dollars if you use the code.

*Dell released a new code for 15% for those that missed this deal.

D$?HDV$KGRJ?D6

Expires Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The code was posted by jeremy517 so thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
The only thing I'm worrying about is the warranty. If we do get one, how long does it last?

Which is the better deal, the arcade or the pro? And do 360s really not have an optical audio out? My receiver can't handle HDMI audio.

[quote name='vtalon']Has anyone got a Jasper Elite from Dell?[/quote]

I ordered on this deal last month and sadly the elite I received had been sitting on shelves in a warehouse. It was made in Aug so it was falcon. I decided to return it and go to Best Buy and get one that was manufactured end of Oct w/ Best Buy's no hassle warranty.

[quote name='TWH']The only thing I'm worrying about is the warranty. If we do get one, how long does it last?[/QUOTE]

Same as the stores. 30 days for returns back to dell and after that you have the regular one year limited warranty offered by Microsft or Sony. If you get the RRod you are covered for 3 years thats only on that problem.

[quote name='Cow_tipper']Which is the better deal, the arcade or the pro? And do 360s really not have an optical audio out? My receiver can't handle HDMI audio.[/quote]

Arcade if you can find a 20 GB HDD laying around, if you're just interested in gamesaves that is. Otherwise the Pro with its 60 GB is a much better deal, installations ;-)

& there should an adapter for 360, plug that into the regular A/V port should you can output audio to a receiver while the HDMI cable handles video.

[quote name='UberNinjaz']Arcade if you can find a 20 GB HDD laying around, if you're just interested in gamesaves that is. Otherwise the Pro with its 60 GB is a much better deal, installations ;-)

& there should an adapter for 360, plug that into the regular A/V port should you can output audio to a receiver while the HDMI cable handles video.[/quote]

Ok, I sort of figured the arcade would be better. I don't really care about installations.

But wouldn't that adapter then just output stereo audio, rather than surround?

[quote name='vtalon']Has anyone got a Jasper Elite from Dell?[/quote]

Yeah, i was wanting to know the same thing. I know some CAG'ers are getting the Arcade version at Best Buy, Walmart, & Dell with the Jaspers but I really want the Elite with the larger HD with this 15% discount but only if it's a Jasper unit.

ANYBODY order the Elite from Dell & get a Jasper? :bouncy:

Well, I did it. Finally ordered an arcade bundle. Says estimated ship date of 1/5/2009. I'll be pissed if they come out with a higher % coupon now :bomb:

This one didn't reach the 7000 uses limit yet, so maybe they'll think they need a bigger discount to get people buying....

Maybe they'll pop a new coupon before shipment, and I can cancel and rebuy?

$254 for a 360 Pro has to be the best value around for a new, current generation gaming system. I'd get one if I didn't have one already.

I had ordered an Arcade (I have a spare 20gb HDD) on Jan 2nd, and was emailed today to say that shipment was delayed until 1/12... :hot:
It better not end up frick'n canceled!

[quote name='CheepGamez']$254 for a 360 Pro has to be the best value around for a new, current generation gaming system. I'd get one if I didn't have one already.[/quote]

What about the wii (assuming you're able to find one in stock)?

i got a jasper left the xbox on for about nine hours and it wasnt even hot and is really quiet w00t

[quote name='Cow_tipper']Ok, I sort of figured the arcade would be better. I don't really care about installations.

But wouldn't that adapter then just output stereo audio, rather than surround?[/QUOTE]

No, If you buy the official xbox 360 HDMI cable it comes with the adapter for digital audio output as well. It is true digital as well, not just stereo

[quote name='blowmefer']I had ordered an Arcade (I have a spare 20gb HDD) on Jan 2nd, and was emailed today to say that shipment was delayed until 1/12... :hot:
It better not end up frick'n canceled![/quote]

WOW...

Well after being disappointed yesterday with the week long shipping delay email notice, I was emailed AGAIN today that my order had shipped, and after checking the tracking # it is already out for delivery to my house today :D

Their shipping & communications department need to work a little better than this...

In any case, my new Arcade should be here today! Yeah!

The deal is, for all intents and purposes, dead. The Elite is no longer listed on the website, the Pro bundle now has a third game added (endwar or madden) to jack the price pre-coupon to $355 or so, and with tax and free shipping after coupon, that bundle is now $305 dollars. Yes you can still sell the extra game and probably do alright because they are good games, but it seems like a significantly less good deal to me now-especially as my near launch xbox just got its first red ring last night, complete with error 74.

Amazingly enough it works today, we will see for how long.

[quote name='Rincewind']The deal is, for all intents and purposes, dead. The Elite is no longer listed on the website, the Pro bundle now has a third game added (endwar or madden) to jack the price pre-coupon to $355 or so, and with tax and free shipping after coupon, that bundle is now $305 dollars. Yes you can still sell the extra game and probably do alright because they are good games, but it seems like a significantly less good deal to me now-especially as my near launch xbox just got its first red ring last night, complete with error 74.

Amazingly enough it works today, we will see for how long.[/QUOTE]

The arcade 360 is still available.

I ordered an Arcade via Dell.com last week and it arrived today. It is a Jasper unit for those interested. Though I'm not sure this deal is still active.

Edit - I got a 150w PSU with mine for what it's worth.

my arcade just arrived... it's jasper, but got it w/ a 175w PSu instead of 150w.. It's totally fine, since alot of jasper were shipped w/ left over 175 PSU ..

jumped on the 20GB HDD from microsoft also...

w/ taxes and everything got a new 360 w/ HDD for $211 OTD

Been thinking about jumping on an 80 GB PS3 but I'm betting there will be an official price drop to $350 or less in the next few months.

[quote name='Aleman']Been thinking about jumping on an 80 GB PS3 but I'm betting there will be an official price drop to $350 or less in the next few months.[/quote]

I hope you bet correctly....

So, it appears that the bundles now cost 299.99 again-but with the third game. The catch? Of course there is a catch-the 15% off coupon eliminated the 55$ "instant savings" and made the price $305-worse than without the deal.

I know either way its a decent price so there is nothing to be annoyed about, but when your 360 has one red ring and graphical corruption which isn't under the extended warranty it's a little frustrating-why would I pay $120 to repair a console and enter refurb hell when I can just buy a new one. I guess I will keep waiting.

jumped on the 20GB HDD from microsoft also...
where do i get the HDD from MS, does it work with Jasper?
and yes, I got Jasper with 150 too, and i'm surprised how much more quieter it is. It's about the same as a launch ps3 now. it's very quiet and stays quiet. also it doesn't continously spin the disc like it did with my launch (aka Playonline games)

edit, woops, didn't see the link on posts (2) above me.

These are the only deals that are still active

PSP 2000 Series Slim Unit – Piano Black for $144.49

Microsoft Xbox 360 Arcade Holiday Bundle for $169.99

Sony PlayStation 3 80GB Game Console for $339.99

So the Arcade plus cheapy 20gb HDD deal from MS is still good, 100%, even if you get a Jasper? Has everyone who bought an Arcade received Jaspers from this deal?

I just want to make absolutely sure, since returning it would be a pain in the ass.

Thanks for the confirmation guys. A few guys stated that their Jaspers weren't eligible but maybe they entered in their serial wrong.

Ordered my Arcade on Friday and scheduled for delivery on Monday. Woot! But seeing as its UPS you never know...bastards leave shit unsigned for in front of my apartment (with no gated entry and open directly to the sidewalk I might add) all the time.

[quote name='henhowc']Thanks for the confirmation guys. A few guys stated that their Jaspers weren't eligible but maybe they entered in their serial wrong.

Ordered my Arcade on Friday and scheduled for delivery on Monday. Woot! But seeing as its UPS you never know...bastards leave shit unsigned for in front of my apartment (with no gated entry and open directly to the sidewalk I might add) all the time.[/quote]

They always leave my packages outside, in the open.

But our neighbors are trustworthy. So it's all good.

[quote name='HenryHSH']They always leave my packages outside, in the open.

But our neighbors are trustworthy. So it's all good.[/quote]

I just have stuff delivered to my work address. Don't have to worry about it that way. Unless it delivers on the weekend, then you might have to wait an extra day or two.

[quote name='darkclawsofchaos']You are kidding right? NY tax alone is an evil $30 for the PS3.[/QUOTE]

And now with Patterson's new "Everything we Tax gets a Tax" Tax, you can add another 50% increase on to that.
:D

[quote name='spooie_redux']And now with Patterson's new "Everything we Tax gets a Tax" Tax, you can add another 50% increase on to that.
:D[/quote]
How else are they going to pay for the deficit? They have to tax someone...

How long does it usually take to arrive? I just ordered my Arcade like 5 mins ago....

btw 1st post! HELLO CHEAP GAMERS!!

[quote name='Superchivo']How long does it usually take to arrive? I just ordered my Arcade like 5 mins ago....

btw 1st post! HELLO CHEAP GAMERS!![/quote]

Welcome Superchivo!!! It tells you how long it should take, but it's usually about week after you place your order to 2 weeks (max).

[quote name='terra-kun']Welcome Superchivo!!! It tells you how long it should take, but it's usually about week after you place your order to 2 weeks (max).[/QUOTE]

Thanks Terra, i can't wait to get my hands on it.... and to display it next to my PS3 ;) lol

I ordered the xbox arcade for 185 shipped! (tax in WA is ~$15)

Ordered an Arcade last Friday and received it this afternoon. I'm amazed UPS was so fast. Usually when they say 3-5 days it usually takes 5 days. (As you can probably tell I'm not a fan of UPS)

Got a Jasper as advertised. The noise level is about the same as my old pre-HDMI 360 but its definitely cooler to the touch. Hopefully I'll have no more issues with RROD through the 360's lifespan (knock on wood).

Just as a reminder. The Arcade does not come with a headset or HD cables.

[quote name='Superchivo']How long does it usually take to arrive? I just ordered my Arcade like 5 mins ago....[/quote]

And it's not there yet? :shock: ;)

[quote name='rickonker']And it's not there yet? :shock: ;)[/QUOTE]

I know! It has been about 15 hour since I ordered!!! What's going on! Man, i hate UPS!:cry::roll: lol

[quote name='henhowc']Ordered an Arcade last Friday and received it this afternoon. I'm amazed UPS was so fast. Usually when they say 3-5 days it usually takes 5 days. (As you can probably tell I'm not a fan of UPS)

Got a Jasper as advertised. The noise level is about the same as my old pre-HDMI 360 but its definitely cooler to the touch. Hopefully I'll have no more issues with RROD through the 360's lifespan (knock on wood).

Just as a reminder. The Arcade does not come with a headset or HD cables.[/quote]

I was disappointed that mine shipped UPS as well. Thought Dell was using Fedex. Would have got mine on a saturday, instead of monday, if it had been sent Fedex.

Mine shipped from Fresno on Jan 3rd. Seeing the size of the 150W power supply, I'm really glad that I didn't get a 175W (or are they all the same size, just lighter?)

HDMI cables can be had cheap online. Component cables can be had cheap via GS and the 20% off used accessories coupon and/or EDGE card

I just got a chat pad. The instrucion manual says you can plug any standard 2.5mm headset into it. Does the same go for the jack on the controller?

If so, headsets from the original XBOX could be used, albeit without volume or mute controls.

bread's done
Back