PSP Bundle $150! PS2 Slim Bundle ~$95 Clearance BIG TIME YMMV Longs B&M

PocariSweat

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
I just picked up a PSP bundle with Ape Escape and Wipe Out Pure for $150! At Longs Drugs. The bundle was $299.99 and half off. This was a clearance item that was bundled in a big plastic case. I checked 3 Longs in my area and only 1 of 3 had them. It was the last one.

pspcat.jpg

scan.jpg

Also they had PS2 slim bundle in a similar case with Gran Turismo 3 and Jak 3 and an extra Sony controller. It was marked at $189.99 but was on sale for $95.

I think this is a BIG TIME YMMV. I'm not sure which states have Longs, mods might move this to regional.

Update: You should check the Camera dept and there should be a cardboard stand with a PSP and PS2 bundles but they are for display only. The sign said "last chance 50% off" also it said "til 5-31"(?) whatever that means.

Also the bundles are apparently in a safe somewhere in the store. Have them check. One manager told me they were sold out of PS2. I told him to check in the back because an employee told me they had 4-6 bundles left. The 2 games with the bundle, I think vary. Mine came with Twisted Metal Black and Sly 2.
ps2cat.jpg

I was driving past a Longs when I remembered this thread and went in. No PSPs but I picked up a PS2 bundle for $105. I'm going to see if anyone I know wants it first, but if any CAGs want it let me know.

do they have signs up or the ps2/psp on display? Or do we just have to ask around?

I went into a Long's almost right before they were closed but nobody was around to ask so I just grabbed some soap and left lol

[quote name='hotwls13']Is the $95 for the PS2 bundle just meh?[/quote]
Well $35 off MSRP for a brand new system + 2 free brand new games is a good deal in my book!:D

[quote name='pentapenguin']Well $35 off MSRP for a brand new system + 2 free brand new games is a good deal in my book!:D[/QUOTE]
I thought so too. I guess the PSP is newer so it gets more attention.

Edit: BTW, it's not just the 2 games, there's also an extra controller.

[quote name='imascrub']do they have signs up or the ps2/psp on display? Or do we just have to ask around?

I went into a Long's almost right before they were closed but nobody was around to ask so I just grabbed some soap and left lol[/QUOTE]

You should check the Camera dept and there should be a cardboard stand with a PSP and PS2 bundles but they are for display only. Also don't hesitate to ask. Employees and managers are pretty clueless about this deal.

I also have Ape Escape & Wipe Out Pure Bundle with firmware 2.0

If you score a PSP you can get a 2-in-1 USB/Charger cable at Radio Shack (item # 2600898) for $4.97 clearance.

Good luck hunting!

After finding a PSP bundle, I set out to find some good deals on PSP games. Using wonderful CAG, I put together this PSP shopping list. These are from various clearances etc over the past several months, so YMMV on pricing and availability. So far, I found 6 New games for $13 or less at my local Gamerush.

Here's the list:

Gamerush
Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee $10
Medievil Resurrection $10
Viewtiful Joe: Red Hot Rumble $10
Death Jr. $10
Wipeout Pure $10
Ape Escape: On The Loose $10
World Championship Poker 2 $10
Lumines $13
Me & My Katamari $20
Worms $15
Coded Arms $15
The Con $15
Gradius Collection $15
Madden NFL 06 $15
Metal Gear Acid 2 $15
Neopets: Petpet Adventure $15
X-Men Legends 2 $15
Y's: Ark of Napishtim $15
Burnout Legends $20

Toys R Us
$9.98
Frantix

$14.98
Kingdom of Paradise
Midway Arcade Treasures
MVP Baseball
PQ
Tokobot
Ultimate Block Party
Untold Legends Brotherhood

Kmart
Sony PSP
711719860426 Gretzky NHL $15
014633148381 Tiger Woods PGA Tour $15
711719861324 World Tour Soccer $15

Best Buy
Exit $10 ($5 if you can get the new coupon to work)
Death JR $10 ($5 if you can get the new coupon to work)

Sears
$4
The Con

$5
Metal Gear Acid PSP
Tiger Woods

$7
Gretzky (2005)
MVP Baseball
SSX On Tour
THUG 2 Remix
LOTR Tactics
Ghost in the Shell

$10
Kingdom of Paradise $7.97
Bust-a-move
Astonishia Story
Death Jr
Frantix
Hustle
Namco Museum Battle Collection
Ridge Racer
Untold Legends: BotB
Virtua Tennis

$12
Tiger Woods 06

Circuit City
Frantix $10
Exit $10
Bust-A-Move $10

Radio Shack Posted by Pocarisweat
2-in-1 USB/Charger cable at Radio Shack (item # 2600898) for $4.97 clearance

There were other deals out there, but I limited my list to $15 or less (except for burnout legends cause I want that one).

Good luck hunting.

Edit: Just picked up Me and My Katamari at GR for $20 not $15. I may take it back unless someone convinces me that it's a must have/play.

[quote name='lawdood']thx for the list hotwls![/QUOTE]

No problem. As I said, I found 6 games last night at my local GR, I plan to hit a bunch of stores today. $10 is kind of the magic $$ for me, so it's great finding all these "new to me" games for cheap.

Has anyone found the firmware to be later than 2.0?
and I may have an extra bundle with Ape Escape/Wipeout Pure
just pm me...
great site by the way!

Just picked up Me and My Katamari at GR for $20 not $15. I may take it back unless someone convinces me that it's a must have/play.

I also got:

Burnout Legends $20 :bouncy:
Coded Arms Used $11.25
World Championship Poker 2 $10

They also had in-stock
The Con $15
Gradius Collection $15
Metal Gear Acid 2 $15
Neopets: Petpet Adventure $15
Y's: Ark of Napishtim $15

Are any of these MUST HAVES at $15?

I just picked up PSP Hot Shots Golf used at Blockbuster for $7. Has the manual and looks brand new. No Gamerush's up here in Nor Cal though.

I know this is lame to ask but there aren't any Longs in AZ so if anyone sees a PS2 bundle, lemme know and I'll pay ya for it plus shipping and all that. Great gift idea!

Thanks for the organized list, hotwls13!

I finally picked up a PSP bundle from the Longs in DIXON, CA. They still have a few left. Came with Medieval Ressurection and Hot Shots Golf.

And, is that USB cable from radio shack any good? Is it USB 2.0 compatible?

Damn, I might go search one out a Long's. I'm right near the T&C in Palo Alto that was listed earlier...but, I know I shouldn't...ooohh, but it's soo tempting...

Just got the PSP bundle, thanks again OP. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep it or the PS2 bundle, so again if any CAGs want them PM me.

[quote name='foundation']I know this is lame to ask but there aren't any Longs in AZ so if anyone sees a PS2 bundle, lemme know and I'll pay ya for it plus shipping and all that. Great gift idea![/quote]

I'll make the same offer if anyone can pick one up for me (PM me). I want a PS2 slimline and this seems like the best opportunity I'm likely going to get to pick up a cheap one. Seems unlikely the price will drop any more than that.

Too bad the games bundled are kind of meh.

kspiff

[quote name='Shinto555']Thanks for the organized list, hotwls13!

I finally picked up a PSP bundle from the Longs in DIXON, CA. They still have a few left. Came with Medieval Ressurection and Hot Shots Golf.

And, is that USB cable from radio shack any good? Is it USB 2.0 compatible?[/QUOTE]

No problem.

I have no idea about the USB cable, I hope to find one this weekend.

Just got the last PS2 and PSP bundles at the Longs next to Valley Fair Mall (CA). Came with Twisted Metal / NBA and I forgot what PS2 games. Gonna keep the PS2 slim and give my current PS2 fat as a Xmas present to my cousin along with the other bundled stuff. Don't know what I'll do with the PSP though, I already have a 1.5 Black for emulation and another White PSP for regular games. But then I have don't have perfect LCDs in either, maybe this will be my lucky one. Actually, this might be useful as a spare since my wife plays the white PSP sometimes...

If I got that deal, I'd be doing the same as the cat right there!

[quote name='billg']Awesome photos.

Wait, is your cat HUMPING the PS2 bundle?[/quote]

Checked Fremont, CA and Milpitas, CA Longs Drugs and came up empty handed. Fremont location had games, but they said they never got PSPs, and Milpitas gave me a blank stare. Darn.

[quote name='thebrain2u']Checked Fremont, CA and Milpitas, CA Longs Drugs and came up empty handed. Fremont location had games, but they said they never got PSPs, and Milpitas gave me a blank stare. Darn.[/quote]

thanks for the info! saved myself two trips!

Have 2 extra PSP Long's bundles, another member must have changed their mind.
Another one bought at the same time was 2.0 version.
pm if interested, otherwise craigs or the bay....

[quote name='mattheus']I work at longs and last week my assistant store manager got one for 40![/quote]
WOW that's some staff discount!

I'd be very interested in a PSP bundle if anyone has an extra. The games listed are worthless to me, but I'd still pay well for it (especially if you can help me nab that $20 Sonic Rivals!)

[quote name='GoldenJoe']I'd be very interested in a PSP bundle if anyone has an extra. The games listed are worthless to me, but I'd still pay well for it (especially if you can help me nab that $20 Sonic Rivals!)[/quote]

I have an extra bundle (new, unopened) but no Sonic Rivals, pm me if interested.

I have the Long's bundle and those that were opened here are all 2.0
I now have (In addition) a much newer, barely used (10 hours) bought in July '06, PSP with the paperwork from BB showing a extended 2 year warranty under the original owner's name. (I had previously committed to this deal but thought it wasn't going to happen).
I'm just keeping one to give as a gift.
The user will be watching movies, music and most likely just puzzle type games (they prefer 360/PS2 controllers for action).
She is a techie but I'm not sure if homebrew will be appealing, honestly I still do not know what homebrew really is.
So, my new fellow CAGers...what would you do?
Which would you keep and why?
Thank you in advance.

bread's done
Back