PSP GO $200 Walmart YMMV

moleson

CAGiversary!
Not sure if this is everywhere (or if this is old news) but I went to my local Walmart (Boonton, NJ) and they had a handwritten sign over a enclosed case of PSP Go's that said "RollBack...$200 originally $249).

Like it says in the title, this may totally be YMMV.

I checked on their website while at Walmart via my Blackberry and it was still listed as $249.

I almost bought one but unless they come out with a mechanism to transfer my UMD games over, I am going to use my older PSP until it dies...

It was released on October 1st, 2009.
It's December 2nd. If it's already gone down $50, I suspect that it will keep going.

(The Go has been getting outsold by the Hannah Montana PSP on Amazon after all)

...still, it's a pretty great deal for those people who just have to have a Go, but I'm not one of those people. I love my cheap UMDs and my cheap lilac PSP.

[quote name='KillerRamen']It was released on October 1st, 2009.
It's December 2nd. If it's already gone down $50, I suspect that it will keep going.

...still, it's a pretty great deal for those people who just have to have a Go, but I'm not one of those people. I love my cheap UMDs and my cheap lilac PSP.[/QUOTE]

LOL.

now that's saying something!

[quote name='Penguin1084']LOL.

now that's saying something![/QUOTE]

i think its trying to say that they should release other colors of both the GO and the 300 in the U.S.!

Funny you should mention the Hannah Montana PSP...I just bought one of them for my daughter. She likes Hannah (she is 10) and it was a good deal whereby you get the PSP 3000, a game, another video UMD and some stickers. I bought it at $169 and it was down to $159 this AM. It is actually not that bad looking...a light purple...not as "girlie" as I thought...

[quote name='sasukekun']Not being able to copy PSP Games you already bought to it. I was all ready to buy this, but when I heard they werent gonna let you copy the PSP (UMD) games you already bought to it, that totally killed it for me.

But there is hope! Logitech might be getting a UMD add on for the PSP Go

http://kotaku.com/5417206/rumor-pspgo-getting-umd-add+on-from-logitech[/QUOTE]

+1 I'm not opposed to downloading games but being a major CAG there's no way in hell I'm willing to buy a console where you have to DL all the games from PSN and no way to get discounts due to no competition...

[quote name='moleson']Funny you should mention the Hannah Montana PSP...I just bought one of them for my daughter. She likes Hannah (she is 10) and it was a good deal whereby you get the PSP 3000, a game, another video UMD and some stickers. I bought it at $169 and it was down to $159 this AM. It is actually not that bad looking...a light purple...not as "girlie" as I thought...[/QUOTE]
Down to $139 B&M Wallyworld.

[quote name='kaydigi']Man, how did Sony mess up the PSP Go so bad?[/QUOTE]

I honestly think it's the price. For what it is, I like it.. but I can NOT spend $250 on it! $200 is still pushing it.

[quote name='freeorelse']Down to $139 B&M Wallyworld.[/QUOTE]

I saw that in Sunday's paper but it was sold out everywhere so I bit the bullet and bought it from Amazon. I just checked and Amazon is now up to $191...

Sony just needs to make a transfer cable or SOMETHING to get games on the PSP Go and I am in for one for sure...

Just like the "no rumble" for the original PS3 controllers, I am hoping they change their tune...

[quote name='lilboo']I honestly think it's the price. For what it is, I like it.. but I can NOT spend $250 on it! $200 is still pushing it.[/QUOTE]

It was totally the price. I was going to buy one...until they announced the price. When it hits 150-175 range, I will jump in.

[quote name='havuk']+1 I'm not opposed to downloading games but being a major CAG there's no way in hell I'm willing to buy a console where you have to DL all the games from PSN and no way to get discounts due to no competition...[/QUOTE]

Words of a true CAG. :applause:

I'm with you there. I want my hard copy games with a deal.

[quote name='KillerRamen']

...still, it's a pretty great deal for those people who just have to have a Go, but I'm not one of those people. I love my cheap UMDs and my cheap lilac PSP.[/QUOTE]

lol. i went to ebay and search for psp 3000, you see alot of hannah montana bundle everywhere~

[quote name='havuk']+1 I'm not opposed to downloading games but being a major CAG there's no way in hell I'm willing to buy a console where you have to DL all the games from PSN and no way to get discounts due to no competition...[/QUOTE]

PSN has decent deals every now and then. A side "benefit" of something like this is that you'd never have a giant backlog. How many cheap games have we all bought only to never play?

The real problem is that:
1.) No way to transfer existing UMD licenses to PSN licenses
2.) Offering a PSN version is not a requirement

Sony simply overpriced this thing, simple as that. you would have thought they'd learn from the PS3 launch fiasco.

$599 US DOLLARS!!!

I went with the PSP GT Bundle + Motorstorm as my free game (target gives you 3 $40 games to choose from) pretty great deal for $209 after tax. I also picked up Dissidia for $14.99, GOW FREE (Gamestop buy 2 get 1) and a 16 gb mem stick for $50 off ebay (GREAT deal) so I am all set for now hehe :)

I really want one of these and would pay the asking price if the games weren't gonna cost me $39.99 ea. The comment about having a smaller backlog is smart thinking too though :D

bread's done
Back