PSP Go Target Temp. Price Drop to $199.99

MSUHitman

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Yeah I know for the same price you could get the PSP-3000 bundles with 1 game, a movie, and a memory stick or 2 games & a memory stick for the same price, but for those that actually want the digital only PSP Go, it's on temporary price drop status at Target nationwide for $199.99 until Oct. 23.

It's still eligible for the promotion with Sony to get SOCOM Fireteam Bravo 3, Ratchet and Clank, and Little Big Planet for free with purchase.

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']I thought the PSP 2 was leaked by the developers of Mortal Kombat ? if so I would just wait[/QUOTE]

Even still, you have to figure it won't come out till late 2011 or 2012 even (i.e. it debuts at E3 2011, releases for the Holidays). With that said, this is still way too much for the Go. It should be $149 officially with the games included.

In fact, considering the way Sony treats Go owners, it should be $99 or less, if not discontinued altogether

The earliest a PSP 2 would come out would be next Christmas as the earliest Sony would officially debut it now would be at February's GDC since they didn't show it at TGS.

The only notable game you wouldn't have access to would be the new Kingdom Hearts game, and some other older Square Enix titles (Dissidia is available though.)

[quote name='MSUHitman']The only notable game you wouldn't have access to would be the new Kingdom Hearts game, and some other older Square Enix titles (Dissidia is available though.)[/QUOTE]

This is the reason I'm selling my PSP Go. I hung in there forever, even when games I wanted to play weren't released, and would tell myself: "It's okay, at least you can play Kingdom Hearts."

Words cannot even begin to express my anger upon learning that it would never be released for the Go.

I don't mean to thread crap; I personally love the form factor of the Go and it really is a nice little machine. That being said, it's not a bad idea to check out the games available for download before you purchase one, just to make sure you won't be regretting the purchase later.

how soon until sony discontinues the Go?

I wouldnt buy this as a consumer. It's like finding a hd-dvd player cheap.

Like the poster above me, I'm not trying to threadcrap either. I just think you're better off waiting or going with the other bundles.

PSP Go. :lol:

[quote name='Cloggerdude']This is the reason I'm selling my PSP Go. I hung in there forever, even when games I wanted to play weren't released, and would tell myself: "It's okay, at least you can play Kingdom Hearts."

Words cannot even begin to express my anger upon learning that it would never be released for the Go.[/QUOTE]

I thought that was absolutely nuts when I heard about that. Not that I was ever considering getting the Go, but that decision right there made up my mind permanently. One of the best reasons to own a PSP is to play the PSP-exclusive Kingdom Hearts games. The fact that the latest entry isn't compatible with the Go is a monumental fail for the console.

Come on 150....

Seriously though, I'd imagine this would be an incredible collector's item in about 15-20 years if there is still away to use the PSN store (if there is still even a PSN around).

[quote name='ssjmichael']Even still, you have to figure it won't come out till late 2011 or 2012 even (i.e. it debuts at E3 2011, releases for the Holidays). With that said, this is still way too much for the Go. It should be $149 officially with the games included.

In fact, considering the way Sony treats Go owners, it should be $99 or less, if not discontinued altogether[/QUOTE]

Came into say basically this, but now I don't need to.

Thanks much, OP.

I'm like everyone else around here. The form factor is nice and most of the games I want are available for the thing. Still, there are a few that I do want to play eventually (Kingdom Hearts, Mega Man Powered Up, FF7 Crisis Core) that just aren't available for the device and that reason alone is preventing me from looking at the thing until it gets much cheaper.

For those that somehow don't like Target, Fry's is doing the same thing in their stores. Hopefully other stores start doing this so we can see it get a non-official price-drop at every store.

My son wanted a PSP Go last Christmas. I launched a successful campaign to convince him to get a PSP-3000 due to some games possibly not being available for it, no way to trade-in games, etc. Thank goodness. The Go is an epic failure in my books. You can still download games on a PSP-3000 too, but aren't forced to. No way I would pay more than $100 for the Go.

Don't get me wrong. Portablity of digital-only games is great. I love my iPod Touch and it's ability to bring around a 100 or so games on it. But I'm not paying $30-$40 a game for those games so I don't have to worry about the $1 or $2 (or, in many cases, $0) that's gone when I'm finished with a game. I like to trade or sell games for any other system.

I have a PSP 3000 so it is enough for me, unless the PSP Go sees another pricedrop.

If I had only a PSP 1000 /phat model, would this be a good deal? A friend of mine was considering a PSP Go. He only has the first model PSP.

It's a neat system. I like playing on a TV, so the idea of using my PS3 controller while the PSP Go is hooked up to do so is a neat idea.

But Square has spoken apparently. That's a big game to not have be available to download only things. And if they don't allow Kingdom Hearts to be downloadable, you think they'd make The Third Birthday able to be? Highly unlikely.

[quote name='Cloggerdude']This is the reason I'm selling my PSP Go. I hung in there forever, even when games I wanted to play weren't released, and would tell myself: "It's okay, at least you can play Kingdom Hearts."

Words cannot even begin to express my anger upon learning that it would never be released for the Go.

I don't mean to thread crap; I personally love the form factor of the Go and it really is a nice little machine. That being said, it's not a bad idea to check out the games available for download before you purchase one, just to make sure you won't be regretting the purchase later.[/QUOTE]

I think the Kingdom Hearts situation was mainly with Disney denying the digital release as they don't like digital releases for any of their properties. It's the same thing in Japan, UMD only.

Almost every title missing from the store now and the ones with significant delays (Dissidia came out 2-3 months late digitally vs. the UMD release) are usually Square Enix titles. Everyone else, even the other JRPG's, get them out the same week now.

How do you store games for PSP Go if you run out of mem stick space? Can you house them on a PC and transfer them to the Go when you want to play it?

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']I have a PSP 3000 so it is enough for me, unless the PSP Go sees another pricedrop.

If I had only a PSP 1000 /phat model, would this be a good deal? A friend of mine was considering a PSP Go. He only has the first model PSP.[/QUOTE]

I'd get a good condition used 2000 or 3000 then spend the difference on an 8 or 16GB Memory Stick Duo. You can still download games on those if you want, then you also have the disc drive so you can stock up on older titles pretty cheaply.

[quote name='GT']How do you store games for PSP Go if you run out of mem stick space? Can you house them on a PC and transfer them to the Go when you want to play it?[/QUOTE]

The 16GB is internal storage but it also has a Micro Memory Stick Duo slot for additional storage.

I'm still waiting to buy the Black PSP Go for ~$150 this holiday. Been keeping my eye on prices for the past month or so...

Target $199.99 - Both Colors [Temp price cut started like a month ago]
Walmart $199.00 - Both Colors [Permanent price drop for about a month or so too]
Frys $199.99 - Both Colors [Sale price I think for the past week or two]
Amazon ~$199.00 White / ~$245 Black [White's been at the price for a long time, Black rarely fluctuates in price]
Best Buy $249.99 - Both Colors [Can price match Target/Walmart if they have them instock]

[quote name='MSUHitman']Yeah I know for the same price you could get the PSP-3000 bundles with 1 game, a movie, and a memory stick or 2 games & a memory stick for the same price, but for those that actually want the digital only PSP Go, it's on temporary price drop status at Target nationwide for $199.99 until Oct. 23.

It's still eligible for the promotion with Sony to get SOCOM Fireteam Bravo 3, Ratchet and Clank, and Little Big Planet for free with purchase.[/QUOTE]

Hate to break it to you, change that "temp" to permanent.
Pretty much MSRP now.

The PSP Go is an awesome piece of hardware and my favorite iteration of the PSP thus far. If you're considering one just go for it, I don't think you'll regret it.

[quote name='MSUHitman']I'd get a good condition used 2000 or 3000 then spend the difference on an 8 or 16GB Memory Stick Duo. You can still download games on those if you want, then you also have the disc drive so you can stock up on older titles pretty cheaply.[/QUOTE]

This ^^^

[quote name='Zimmy']Hate to break it to you, change that "temp" to permanent.
Pretty much MSRP now.[/QUOTE]

Not officially from Sony and there is a sign as a temp. price drop in the display at Target so temporary it is for now, even if most other retailers are doing similar things.

I'd love to have a Go just for the sake of having one. But as a 3000 owner it'd be pointless to pay more money for the same games, and not be able to do anything with them, when I'm done playing them.

this would have to drop to free for me to want to have anything to do with it. to paraphrase this month's game informer - the psp go was something nobody asked for and nobody wants

[quote name='LordFarquaad']pssh, anywhere i can trade a pspgo for a 3000 straight up? i loved it until i couldnt play kingdom hearts[/QUOTE]

Try Craigslist for a swap/trade or just sell yours straight up and buy one of the many PSP bundles that are available. K-mart has a boatload of them and last I checked & was trying to discount the older bundles to move them. Send Stock Boy a PM over in the K-mart thread to check your area.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would definitely bite for $100. All I would use it for is for video playback. It would be convenient to have on long trips. I still have my PSP2000 and it is a wonderful portable media player. We use it once in awhile as we wait to watch Fantasmic or World Of Color at Disneyland. It is cheaper and safer for the kids than an Itouch.

[quote name='MSUHitman']I'd get a good condition used 2000 or 3000 then spend the difference on an 8 or 16GB Memory Stick Duo. You can still download games on those if you want, then you also have the disc drive so you can stock up on older titles pretty cheaply.[/QUOTE]

Does the 3000 still have scan line issues? Which is the better system, 2000 or 3000?

Honestly, this still isn't worth it. My PSP 1000 works just fine -- and I paid less than this price drop.

The Go gets a lot of hate hear which is understandable with its higher price but it is a nice piece of hardware. I've got a Go and a phat 1000 and I love my Go. You can use a DS3, it has a 'pause' save state feature, more comfortable controls (IMO of course) supports video out (not an exclusive feature) and tethering. Those were all features that interested me so I got one.

The new Kingdom Hearts game is a shame for Go owners, no doubt but its not like the "digital download only" concept is the only difference between the Go and 3000.

I love my psp9000. But also did wanted the go when it was announced. But as true CaG, price comes first in terms of purchase.

The system couldve came out sub 200 and it would have fared better. Keep the system price low and make the money on download purchases. But ignorant Sony convinently forgot the was a recession going on.

There is no insentive to buy this thing at any price. But psp has a huge following and very surprised that Sony didn't announced psp4000 on Tgs last week.

I think that the psp 2000/3000 is too big and ugly for normal, single guys. i would never be able to bring to school (univ.) with me or leave the house with it really.

I want a psp go for about $150 so i can at least play my psp-compatible games that i buy from psn (castlevania, metal gear, etc). I have a ps3 w/ tons of games but the problem is that i am never home b/c i have to drive to university every day.

i wish that as a "hardcore" gamer, i could just buy a smartphone. sony-ericsson has started selling android phones. their x10 sucks but it is still pretty and sony is, of course, capable of putting a phone together w/ great hardware. why can't we get a real smartphone running android or meego (the nokia/intel linux os) w/ a playstation store. it doesn't have to be perfect in its first iteration but sony should at least try. instead, they are probably just going to release another fugly psp w/ 3d garbage or something.

Don't these companies know that gamers grew up and use smartphones now? i guess i'll be forever looking for a suitable replacement for my nokia n800 and e71

[quote name='g13']Does the 3000 still have scan line issues? Which is the better system, 2000 or 3000?[/QUOTE]

I bought a 2000 last year when Amazon was clearing them out, but you'll be HARD pressed to find a brand new 2000 anymore. If you want Kingdom Hearts, God of War, or Metal Gear I would just get one of the 3000 bundles.

If none of those games interest you, get a good used condition 2000 with a big memory stick.

bread's done
Back