PSP Go thread-

Don't know how I didn't notice sooner, but after looking at those pics the psp border on the bottom of the screen is terrible! (especially on the white)

[quote name='blackjaw']So the PSPgo will not use battery in sleep mode? Or am I reading that engrish incorrectly?[/QUOTE]

As incomprehensible as the translation was, this is also how I interpreted it.

I'm guessing the onboard storage allows them to save what you're doing to the flash drive and not just be a glorified pause option that turns off the screen.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']the news of the PSP Go + Ps3 controler was announced during E3 witht he press release... read up peeps >_

Not sure how much difference the PSP Go's processor is compared to its earlier breathern, but I suspect the faster processing speed will largely be meant for faster loading of games and running multiple Go apps (ala iPhone).

Here are some more interesting background info from SonyInsider.com

According to recently filed FCC documents, the PSP Go (PSP-N1001) might be faster than we originally expected. While the official specs stated the clock frequency of the processor at 333MHz, FCC documents have pegged this tiny UMD-less, flash based dynamo to actually max out at 480MHz. While the PSP Go will most likely be locked in at 333Mhz, it is possible that the software within will allow scaling for intensive applications or the full speed will be enabled in a future firmware update. Many of you may remember that the original PSP was always locked to 222MHz, but since firmware 3.50, developers had access to the full 333MHz. The difference in increased processor speed was night and day for many gamers, who noticed better lighting, more particles, and a few minor differences.

[quote name='cochesecochese']Agreed. It's looking more and more like the PS3 slim is real and if that is the case then...well I'll be double dipping on the PS3 before I even consider buying a PSP GO. If it's less than $200 I'll throw it on the back burner. If it's less than $150 I'll just buy it.[/QUOTE]

its 250+tax

[quote name='Nibi']A nice write-up by Emanuel Merino over at RPGamer.com. No real new info, but a nice summary with impressions of the PSP Go as well as the controversies surrounding it.
PSP Go Special: Going Premium[/QUOTE]

Finally -- some in-depth analysis. Looking forward to reading this. Thanks! :)

[quote name='Cao Cao']Engadget Japan contacted Sony to find out what the clock speed thing meant. It turns out that it was misinterpreted. The 480Mhz refers to the USB device, not the CPU. Sony still maintains that the CPU is 333mhz.
http://pspupdates.qj.net/Sony-PSP-G...eference-was-for-USB-not-CPU/pg/49/aid/132761
http://japanese.engadget.com/2009/07/03/psp-go-1-5/[/QUOTE]

I suppose it makes sense, as PSP Go users will be frequently transferring games from computer to system while PSP Phats can still use their UMDs.

[quote name='Nibi']A nice write-up by Emanuel Merino over at RPGamer.com. No real new info, but a nice summary with impressions of the PSP Go as well as the controversies surrounding it.
PSP Go Special: Going Premium[/QUOTE]

*ctrl+f, search "pad", no results found*

Aww, they didn't touch on the most important part to me. I want some d-pad impressions. :cry:

[quote name='Nibi']PSP Go listing at Bestbuy mentions that a voucher for Rockband Unplugged will be included in the package.
"Includes PSPgo system, USB cable, AC adapter and Rock Band Unplugged voucher"

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...PSPgo&lp=1&type=product&cp=1&id=1218108085308

I would have preferred Gran Turismo, but still good news if true.[/QUOTE]

I'd rather Sony give us a $40 voucher for anything on PSN (other PSP/PS games, movies, etc). but it's nice to see a game is being provided.

do not dl any games or downloadble content. It makes it impossible for us to resell it and thats what they want. Don't support it and it will die out. But you guys are all idiots, so there's no point in my posting. Fail in my part for posting.

[quote name='RandyTsai']do not dl any games or downloadble content. It makes it impossible for us to resell it and thats what they want. Don't support it and it will die out. But you guys are all idiots, so there's no point in my posting. Fail in my part for posting.[/QUOTE]

But how do you really feel? ;) Not everyone sells back their games. To completely vilify downloadable games and dlc is rather close-minded considering the direction that videogame content is going with services like Steam, PSN, etc. You are also denying yourself some great gaming experiences, as many great titles are available for download only.

We're idiots for buying downloadable games? You're the idiot for thinking there's a chance that it'll go away, to use your description back at you.

That's a very tempting offer, as I have the disc version and I'd prefer having the PSN version with my DLC that I could launch at any time. I'd hope that load times would be cut down greatly, as well. Still not enough yet to be worth $250, though I hope that's an example of their plans for the launch.

http://kotaku.com/5325560/hard-to-resist-flinging-the-pspgo-for-a-good-reason

The unit I played yesterday was loaded with several games. I played the new Jak and Daxter on it briefly, with no ergonomic difficulty. I also tried to use the Go's exclusive Game Sleep function, but the Jak build was blocking it. The Game Sleep function allows a player to sleep their game at any point and return to the cross media bar on the PSP to do other things — no saving required. I failed to ask if multiple games can be frozen with Game Sleep at the same time, but will follow up.
The initial description of the Game Sleep function made it seem more like in-game XMB, but this seems to be a bit cooler by allowing you to quick save/sleep it and return to the XMB to do whatever else you need to do and then come back to the game at another time. It would be even better if that can be done for multiple games, like you can do on the PS3 for videos, which would be a nice contrast to the PSP since it only saves your spot for music and only one file at a time.

The more I think about it, the more I'm not sure I like DD only. I guess it really depends on how far they go as far as letting future systems be able to play them.

I've got like 9 XBLA games that do nothing since I sold my 360 a year ago, and I can never get that money back, or even play those games (I'd LOVE to play some freakin Puzzle Quest). It's a big reason I keep my Nintendo Wii, as I have a lot of money invested into the Virtual Console, even though it sees minimal playtime beyond some Wii Sports. The only nice thing with the XBLA games is that I can purchase a 360 well into it's lifecycle and still be able to download and play those games if I pick a system back up. Could also have done a better job of not buying anything but the best of the best heh.

I honestly think DD is better suited for portables due to no need of switching thing sin and out... it's all there.

Having DD on a portable (both on my iPod Touch and PSP) i can easily say it's very comfortable especially.

Most people I know that are weary of DD usually don't own more than 8 DD games. I find that people who work up a small collection (say 10) DD games have no fears of DD really.

Having all of my games saved on my system available to play without lugging along a pile of UMD's sound great. The downside is the download only content kills being able to trade in your games, keep them in your collection, or find them on clearance (unless at least for awhile they keep stocking the plastic cases with redemption codes in them like Patapon 2).

Yep, the only downside to DD is no clearance games. But hey, we are paying for the convenience of not switching discs, and I will gladly pay if its a good game

[quote name='smiggity']Yep, the only downside to DD is no clearance games. But hey, we are paying for the convenience of not switching discs, and I will gladly pay if its a good game[/QUOTE]

the nice thing about network cards going on sale is that vs retail, it's not like one game goes on sale, but all DD games available instantly are cheaper.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']the nice thing about network cards going on sale is that vs retail, it's not like one game goes on sale, but all DD games available instantly are cheaper.[/QUOTE]

Not saying they haven't, but when have they been on sale, or are you just saying the possibility of a sale?

[quote name='Ryukahn']Not saying they haven't, but when have they been on sale, or are you just saying the possibility of a sale?[/QUOTE]

There was a big Walmart sale where the $50 PSN cards were $40, providing for a savings of 20%. Picked up 3 myself and parts of me wish I had gotten more as it doesn't seem like these cards go on sale all that much.

New information out today that, at least in one case, a physical copy will cost more than the downloadable version.

[quote name='SiliconEra']In addition to releasing R-Type Tactics II in stores, Irem is preparing a downloadable version scheduled to come out on the same day. A boxed copy costs 5,040 yen ($53) while the downloadable release goes for 3,800 yen ($40).[/quote]

So will the physical copies go up in price above normal PSP MSRP, or downloadable games get a discount remains to be seen. But at least there is a monetary incentive for downloading.

[quote name='Ecofreak']New information out today that, at least in one case, a physical copy will cost more than the downloadable version- at title launch[/QUOTE]
Fixed for accuracy.
I know it goes w/o saying; Everyone is aware at the deficit of DD bargains bins and clearances. ;)

Let's not forgot the whole Amazon/Kindle/1984 deal where people paid for digital media and had it yanked away. They got their money back but still, I just plain prefer having control of the media I purchase.

My question is can the game be downloaded to more than one system? I have a 3000 now, and I am torn between getting a go and just getting my daughter the hannah montana pack that comes out in a few days. If I can buy a game and download it to BOTH systems then I will prob go with the go...

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Let's not forgot the whole Amazon/Kindle/1984 deal where people paid for digital media and had it yanked away. They got their money back but still, I just plain prefer having control of the media I purchase.[/QUOTE]
Why do you even bring this up, knowing it could and would never happen on the PSP?

[quote name='fuss']My question is can the game be downloaded to more than one system? I have a 3000 now, and I am torn between getting a go and just getting my daughter the hannah montana pack that comes out in a few days. If I can buy a game and download it to BOTH systems then I will prob go with the go...[/QUOTE]

No worries. You can have it activated on 5 PSPs at once, and if you need to add more, just deactivate one and activate the other.

it's really not a problem unless you collect 50 PSPs.

bread's done
Back