PSP price drop to $199

This was announced at the Sony Press Conference the other day. Maybe yesterday..not quite sure which. And it is universal.

[quote name='organicow']Congratulations! You're a dick!

Seriously, there's no need to be rude about it; take a page from scorch on this type of thing.[/quote]

Congratulations! I don't care!

If I'm a dick for pointing out that the OP obviously was too lazy to search, then woe is me. We have a search on this board for a reason. Learn how to use it.

Take a page from Scorch? No thanks. He cries repost enough for everyone here. I'm pointing out the lazy OP.

[quote name='jkam']Not a drop just comes without all the accessories which aren't really needed anyway.[/quote]
What accessories are being excluded?

Seriously, there's no need to be rude about it; take a page from scorch on this type of thing.[/QUOTE]

Thanks dude. If you didn't say it I would have. MTXbass is a douche.

I don't remember what was all in the Value Pack, but Gamestop says its just the system, battery, and AC adapter.

Pretty lame that they would take out the memory card. Aren't the 32MBs like $20 in stores anyway?

Soft Case, Ear Plugs, Memory Card, Remote, and it doesn't mention the little white strap thing either. I think the only thing that really stinks is the memory card but people will probably want bigger than 32MB once PSONE games are available.

[quote name='SpottedNigel']...which makes the system nearly unusable for gaming out of the box. NICE.[/QUOTE]

not really and im glad they took out all of that junk..... for 50 bucks you can go and buy a 1GB memory card... go to your local TRU or walmart and you should be able to find a case for 1-3 bucks

Hell i was able to get 5 metal cases at walmart around halloween for 99 cents each... and i see Fake leather cases at TRU for 2.98

i would rather have a PSP with a 1 GB memory card for 250
then

Psp with a 32 mb memory card and a bunch of crap i never use for 250

[quote name='kevzik']Will this affect the prices on used ones like at GS, GC Etc..? Or will the prices stay the same?[/QUOTE]

I imagine the used prices will drop, if only slightly.

I'm glad this happend recently, actually. I was thinking of buying one. I didn't really want to spend $250 for stuff I didn't want. The headphones I'm only really missing, but that's why I have my own set.

256MB stick seems to be fine for what I want. I'm not going to be excessively watching movies or listening to music on it.

Yay for finally a standalone PSP. :)

They should of had the bare bones version a long time ago. Even though I was hoping the price drop was going to be the value pack. Now I just have to wait for a discount coupon to make it even sweeter.;)

This is horrible. Its not a price drop, you dont get a memory card anymore and its been a year now. Great job sony, $200 to get totaly f***ed over.

They must still be losing too much money on the system then, most likely they only included the extra crap so they could get more money for not much added cost to them ya know. I wonder how much it costs them to make it, is there info anywhere?

Anyone heard how this will affect the price of the PSP bundle at Costco or if they'll be getting bundles with the barebones PSP and 2 games? I'm really hoping a different bundle will come out of this or a $50, or even $40 price drop on it since I love Costco's return policy and may even buy my Revo from there when it comes or maybe not since I trust Nintendo to make a reliable system most of the time, Sony with the PS3 is another issue entirely. Also am I the only one who kind of finds it amusing that the only system people don't care about as much for BC will have it no problem?

So, the PSP launches and everyone bitched because $250 for a value pack is too much for stuff they claimed they wouldn't use anyway. Now, they drop the value pack stuff and the price goes down to $200 and still people complain because it doesn't come with anything.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']So, the PSP launches and everyone bitched because $250 for a value pack is too much for stuff they claimed they wouldn't use anyway. Now, they drop the value pack stuff and the price goes down to $200 and still people complain because it doesn't come with anything.[/QUOTE]

I think it's a reasonable price considering the power you get with it but now some of that ass got whipped by the GP2X in some aspects, like double the RAM I think. Gamepark putting the spank down on the PSP in some areas. ^_^
The one thing I do LOVE about it is the WS though.

[quote name='Sarang01']I think it's a reasonable price considering the power you get with it but now some of that ass got whipped by the GP2X in some aspects, like double the RAM I think. Gamepark putting the spank down on the PSP in some areas. ^_^
The one thing I do LOVE about it is the WS though.[/QUOTE]

Uh, what are you talking about?

[quote name='Sarang01']Gamepark 2X. It's a handheld that uses SD memory cards for games and some of it's specs. trump PSP AND add to that that it's cheaper too. www.lik-sang.com/ Being sold there.[/QUOTE]

Wow, a $180 homebrew player, that's exciting.

PSP core? I really hope this doesn't catch on....First xbox now psp. It's a slightly better deal, but I would've preferred it if sony just dropped the price on the "value" pack.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']So, the PSP launches and everyone bitched because $250 for a value pack is too much for stuff they claimed they wouldn't use anyway. Now, they drop the value pack stuff and the price goes down to $200 and still people complain because it doesn't come with anything.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry we'll always have something complain about. Remember this is Cheap Ass Gamer...

Wow...everyone always said "OMG, The "Value Pack" is teh "crappy pack", I'll wait for a bare system". Now its "OMG, NO MEMORY STICK, SONY IS TEH STUPIDZ".

This price drop is a good sign, hopefully it will make nintendo keep DSlite at $130 price point... i'll pick up another PSP for non1.5 version when it hit $150 :)

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Wow, a $180 homebrew player, that's exciting.[/QUOTE]

TRUST me games will come for it, games did come for the GP32. Unfortunately Korean devs. seem to be skittish about putting their games on console products for some reason though there are some exceptions, DJMax and Astonishia Story being two, on the PSP, now if only one would jump in the water and try the DS.

Are most PSP games still $50 these days? Have they dropped to the more appealing $30-DS range lately?

[quote name='whoknows']Wow...everyone always said "OMG, The "Value Pack" is teh "crappy pack", I'll wait for a bare system". Now its "OMG, NO MEMORY STICK, SONY IS TEH STUPIDZ".[/quote]

For a poratble I always figured buying the system and a game was enough. Thinking about it though, it does make it a lot more like its console brethren...Im just not sure if thats a good thing

Well, that's a little better deal than the original, but I'd still take a DS, especially once the DS Lite it out, any day of the week over a PSP.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Wow, a $180 homebrew player, that's exciting.[/QUOTE]

It'd be even better if the Firmware updates didn't break as many things as they fix half the time. It is a cool video player though. Rather than having to re-encode a bunch of Xvid Files I dumped a bunch of anime on an SD card this morning and had stuff to watch instantly. (unfortunatly with so many shows going widescreen I find myself only using full screen stuff on the GP2X).

But I doubt that's the reason why they dropped the price. seeing as I've only seen one other GP2x in public besides my own while I see like 10 PSPs a week. They've sold more than enough just one the video playing capabilities alone not to mention the ones who bought their system and didn't upgrade to maintain their Homebrew/emulators.

Also the people complaining about a 200 dollar PSP are people who wouldn't have been saticefied even if it was 175 brand new. They also dont see the value of being able to add what ever extras they feel they want rather than being forced to pay 50 bucks for stuff they may not use or already have extras of. The No frills pack is a year late it's something we should have had the choice to get on day one.

The only PSP games going for 50 bucks natively are EA and activision games. plenty of other go for 29-40 bucks (the original games usually being worth the price.)

[quote name='Sarang01']TRUST me games will come for it, games did come for the GP32. Unfortunately Korean devs. seem to be skittish about putting their games on console products for some reason though there are some exceptions, DJMax and Astonishia Story being two, on the PSP, now if only one would jump in the water and try the DS.[/QUOTE]

I'm just saying that even if this thing is more powerful its not going to go anywhere without games. Look at the Gizmondo, easily more powerful than the PSP and its going absolutely nowhere.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']Idiot retailer selling PSP value pack at $200 in 5... 4... 3...[/QUOTE]

Hahahaha, I would actually love that.

Won't happen. I'm sure the new PSP will have a different UPC. And it's not like they are getting rid of the Value Pack (or so I think...)

[quote name='Zon27']Don't worry we'll always have something complain about. Remember this is Teh Intranetz...[/quote]

That is more like it. I am hoping to sell my Dreamcast bundle and put it towards another PSP. Now that there are more PSP I want to play, it is time to get it again.

well the psp dropped, the 1 game i want to play is coming out this month, and my birthday is two weeks from tomorrow... time to talk to the girlfriend

I'm willing to bet that most stores are going to drop the value pack PSP to $199 just to get them out the door. Just from how it looks at my store right now we are oversaturated with PSPs meanwhile we can BARELY keep DSes in stock even with the Lite just right around the corner.

But what do I know, right?

they shouldnt take out the 32mb card and they should throw in an old school game on a umd disk similar to a demo perhaps an old sonic tittle .

Seriously, there's no need to be rude about it; take a page from scorch on this type of thing.[/QUOTE]

That has the touch of scorch to it. Shocked scorch didnt say that himself.

I have Katamari on order...if it sucks I'll be selling my PSP and all my games and movies. I use my DS so much more...it's not worth keeping both. There's a slim chance Katamari will redeem my faith in this system though.

bread's done
Back