PUBG X1 - $29.99 ($23.99 GCU) Preorder BB (code in a box)

If I get it, does preview mean that when it does come out of preview, I would need to buy again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In short: if you pay the $24-30 now you will get the full PUBG game when it releases as a finished product.

Long: it should be like Ark. You pay ~$30 now to get a game that is not finished. There is a risk that the game will never "finish" and be left as it is.

You still get the full game if there is a final released product (at say $60). Assuming the game is completed, you pay $30 for a $60 game and get to play it during its beta.

I brought up Ark because it's an example of a game going out in preview, players paying a lesser amount to play the "beta", and then finally releasing as a $60 product. Those that paid for a preview copy still got the full $60 game when it released. However, the developers ALSO released an expansion pack Scorched Earth (in preview mode) BEFORE Ark was released. Scorched Earth was outside the original Ark preview game and had to be purchased separately.

In short: if you pay the $24-30 now you will get the full PUBG game when it releases as a finished product.

Long: it should be like Ark. You pay ~$30 now to get a game that is not finished. There is a risk that the game will never "finish" and be left as it is.

You still get the full game if there is a final released product (at say $60). Assuming the game is completed, you pay $30 for a $60 game and get to play it during its beta.

I brought up Ark because it's an example of a game going out in preview, players paying a lesser amount to play the "beta", and then finally releasing as a $60 product. Those that paid for a preview copy still got the full $60 game when it released. However, the developers ALSO released an expansion pack Scorched Earth (in preview mode) BEFORE Ark was released. Scorched Earth was outside the original Ark preview game and had to be purchased separately.
Thank you for the info, really appreciate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's 20% a digital copy. So for people like me that game share, this is a pretty great deal.
It's also kind of a "give credit where credit is due" type of thing. I definitely wasn't expecting a physical release of this game (especially while in preview/early access/whatever you want to call it). So even getting a code in the box that allows for retailer discounts is really nice. Sure, there are qualifiers for this to actually be a deal. But I still think it's newsworthy.

Considering it's not uncommon for PC games to have pre-order discounts when bought digitally, it would be nice if this kind of thing became a trend for console digital titles as well...especially with big publishers who should have been passing their savings on to the customers this entire time anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's 20% a digital copy. So for people like me that game share, this is a pretty great deal.
Does game share allow multiple to play at one time? If not, everyone might want to get their own copy considering this is online only and has 4 player squad play.

Had this on PC since July and have over 250 hours in it and most of my friends have a ton of hours in it too. Paid around $22 for it and obviously worth every penny.

Does game share allow multiple to play at one time? If not, everyone might want to get their own copy considering this is online only and has 4 player squad play.

Had this on PC since July and have over 250 hours in it and most of my friends have a ton of hours in it too. Paid around $22 for it and obviously worth every penny.
Yes, both people can play at the same time. Me and the person I share with take turn buying multiplayer games and play with each other all the time. Saves a bunch of money.

Took advantage of the $1 pickup incentive as well. Hate waiting on games to arrive that I want to play immediately so extra $1 is a bonus. And GCU?!

Thx for posting this deal.

This. I wish all games would be codes in boxes and qualify for GCU. Digital plus the discount? Hell yeah.
You might be able to trade in at Amazon. Not likely obviously but I did get more trade in credit last year trading in SW Battlefront Ultimate Edition after I redeemed the Season Pass.

Can we trade the used box in?
You might be able to trade in at Amazon. Not likely obviously but I did get more trade in credit last year trading in SW Battlefront Ultimate Edition after I redeemed the Season Pass.

bread's done
Back