Purchase $45 digi games on the Xbone get $20 gift code

bear489

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (90%)
Saw this pop up today in the xbone store buy any digital games worth at least $45 and rec a $20 gift code. Starts today and ends on March 3rd. Buying add-ons don't count towards the $45.

Just got an Xbone 2 weeks ago, 39k GS, no purchases digitally, live member since 06, $190 in credit.  Got $10, not enough to jump on anything.  If it was $10 off $40 I would have jumped on Ryse, if it was $20 off I would get Ryse and something else.

Last edited by a moderator:
5 years of XBL Gold, 115K gamerscore and no XB1 purchases so far. I got a $10 offer.  $20 would've DEFINITELY caught my interest (maybe Strider, Halo Spartan Assault and a couple other titles). $15 would've left me on the fence. $10?! Nah, MS. You can keep that. I can wait for the inevitable sales on all of the current games. I feel bad for anyone who got the $5 offer.  Yeah, $5 is better than nothing, but WOW...talk about a slap in the face.  :???:

I didn't have anything at first, but I kept entering and exiting the games storefront and it finally showed an offer. Only $5, though. It's something, but not nearly tempting enough to add to already absurd backlog.

NOthing for me.  I guess it's for the best....I'd have ended up buying stuff I don't need or we'll all get free soon enough (lococycle, crimson dragon, etc.).

I did pick up Strider though.  Can't wait to play that game!

Open and closed the game marketplace dozens of times, no offer. I own a shit ton of games digitally, since I am doing digital only, so would have been nice.

But even on my wife and two daughters xbox live accounts, no deal.

$10 back on my One. Nope. Was considering it at $20, but $10? Heck no. I'll just keep holding out until they price the games more reasonably. I'm looking at you Crimson Dragon...

Yeah nothing here for me either, seems fairly lame to give out different levels of discounts or nothing at all as in my case. They know people will be telling each other. Did see Strider pop up on there and i would have bought right now but now I'm kind of like  fuck  Microsoft no money for you. Seems after they fired everyone from the pre launch announcement debacle they haven't learned anything yet. :wall:

$15 offer for me, but I seriously doubt I'll reach it. The current lineup of "arcade" games don't appeal to me and I always want to have a physical disc copy of a game.

$5. What a slap in the face.
I was going to get Ryse but now have no interest.

Microsoft can't do anything right. No offer would have been less of an insult. $5 when you are giving others $20? Keep your $5.

The only thing I own digital is KI. Gamer score is around 70k. It's a shame we can't give these away. I got $15 but I'll never use it. Outside of Peggle 2and KI I'll never play any of the others so the coupon is useless for me.

Microsoft is giving me $10 for $45. Only thing I've purchased either digitally on on disc for the X1 is Killer Instinct.

Bought Rayman Legends yesterday for $40 (was planning on it anyway). Need to play a demo of Strider to see if it's worth an effective $5 to me. Hopefully there will be a demo, otherwise I probably won't bother as none of the other sub-$16 games interest me. 

I'll have to check my tab when I get home from work today.  I haven't bought anything digital yet for my XB1, but bought a lot of stuff for my 360.  I was already planning on paying full price for Plants vs. Zombies next week as my first digital purchase.  If my deal is $10 or more, I'll buy Max as well, I guess.

No offer on my dashboard, which is probably just as well since I have already just about all of the "arcade" games they've released so far (I have a problem).

No offer for me.    Too bad.   I did buy Peggle when it came out but thats about it digital wise.    I am going to buy Strider and thought about Max: The Curse of Brotherhood or Crimson Dragon/Killer Instinct but will wait a few days to see if I get this deal like others here.

Tried over 9000 times last night to get this offer. No luck. Top 15% gamerscore, had XBox Live since It's first year, etc. 

I did get a free KI though awhile back, so not sure what criteria has to be made for this. Seems random as hell.

I received the $15 offer. I've never made any purchases on xb1 yet but plenty of 360 purchases.

I was thinking of getting the KI combo breaker and strider to take advantage of this deal but I feel like MS would screw me out of this deal as KI only offers add-ons

The 5 dollar offer wouldn't be such a slap in the face if it was for spending less or if EVERYONE was getting the 5 dollar offer. Some people get different amounts? fuck you Microsoft.

The 5 dollar offer wouldn't be such a slap in the face if it was for spending less or if EVERYONE was getting the 5 dollar offer. Some people get different amounts? fuck you Microsoft.
At least make the offers between $10-$20

I got the $10 offer and am bummed but it at least feels like a deal still, $5 while others get $20 is just ridiculous though.

Microsoft does this shit all the time. Their marketing has been trash for years. They do very targeted promotions and don't spell out the rhyme or reason. If they just were more clear or made it the same offer for everyone people would spend more and be less bitter about it. Right now they just piss more and more customers off. If I were them right about now, I'd be giving 3 months of live and at least $25 in live credit to every new xbone purchase.

On live for 8 years with this gamertag, they don't care about gamerscore for those who mentioned. Bought creed 4, nfs rivals, dead rising 3, peggle 2, KI digitally, 4 other retail games on disc. I have $130 in Microsoft dollars already, no offer. Bunch of jerks! Honestly I'm real tired of their bullshit. Bought 5 360's over 8 years, thinking bout going sony all the way. Plus alone is amazing for $50 a year. Not greedy at all on their side.

BrolyB593 said:
At least make the offers between $10-$20

I got the $10 offer and am bummed but it at least feels like a deal still, $5 while others get $20 is just ridiculous though.
Uh - and don't leave out us that got no offer at all because apparently we spent money there already. You want to talk "slap in the face"... I mean, it's no big deal - but I definitely would have bought more if I had at least the $10 offer. But here's the PR problem they have with this - now that I know others have gotten $10-$20 offers, I'm not going to buy anything digitally for a while now. You just get the feeling that you are paying more than others.

If I had the $10 I would have gotten P vs. Z Garden Warfare and probably Spartan Assault next week. As it stands, I'll probably just get neither and wait for a sale + GCU discount on the disc-based PvsZ. But the thing is, while I probably wouldn't get Spartan Assault anyway, I was all set to buy P vs Z digitally (assuming it gets decent reviews). Now, because of not getting in on this promo, I'm not going to do that. It may not be rational but it is all about PR/psychology. You'd think, though, that with this being a promotion, the PR people would know better...

Yeah, the PR people should be offering incentives to EVERYONE, especially to people who already buy digital - so they BUY MORE digital. Sony does something like this pretty regularly, where if you spend $50, you get $10 - but it applies to everyone the same.

Granted, I'm glad I got the $15 offer, but I rarely buy full games digital when I can get a hard copy for (usually) less and sell it later, if I want. Hopefully something in addition to Strider tickles my fancy before the promo ends, then.. maybe.

I got the $20 offer but I don't know what to do about it.  I have no digital games on my XB1 other than the titan fall beta and yet I have over 1/3 of my hard drive used up.  Games like NBA 2k14 have a 50GB file size just for the install of the physical copy.  If I buy enough digital content to qualify for my $20 offer I'll probably only have 25% of my hard drive space left.

Pretty sure gamescore has nothing to do with it. I think it might have to do more with purchase history and maybe how much credit you alrdy have in your account. I got 195k Gs, 9 year xbl member and about $120 in Ms credit on my account.

I have purchased 2 full games, bought add ons, keep $100 or more at all times in my account on live for purchases and I got no offer.... Kinda irritating

Nothing on my screen.

Long-time Gold member - from back on the original Xbox.  Bought CoD: Ghosts digitally to play with both X360 and X1 groups....and no offer of any kind.  I am not pleased....

Where is the deal popping up for you guys? Is it that little square underneath the redeem a code button? I haven't gotten it yet, but I want to make sure I am looking at the right area to try and get it to appear over the next few days.

Where is the deal popping up for you guys? Is it that little square underneath the redeem a code button? I haven't gotten it yet, but I want to make sure I am looking at the right area to try and get it to appear over the next few days.
Was on my main page, then only on the Games Store page.

Checked it yesterday after work, and I had the $10 offer.  My son has a silver account on the XB1, and he also got the $10 offer.  I was going to buy him Plants Vs Zombies next week anyways, so I will probably also get Max and the Curse of Brotherhood and get the $10 gift code.

One thing, the fine print said it was a gift code to the microsoft store.  Can we use that gift code to buy more microsoft points?

bread's done
Back