Purchase $45 digi games on the Xbone get $20 gift code

bear489

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (90%)
Saw this pop up today in the xbone store buy any digital games worth at least $45 and rec a $20 gift code. Starts today and ends on March 3rd. Buying add-ons don't count towards the $45.

I got the $15 offer.  Unfortunately MS has engineered this to not really have enough value to be worth it.  The timing of the deal prevents me from buying Titanfall to either get or even use the credit.  I would have jumped on this under either of two scenarios.  If I could buy Titanfall and get the credit or if I could buy something for the credit and use it for Titanfall.  The way I read it the credit won't even show up until late March/early April.

Since MS is trying to squeeze money I never intended to spend from me I am going to pass.  I will go with the $10 Best Buy preorder credit then use that credit to buy a chat adapter in March.

Nothing for me. I have purchased digital games before including Dead Rising 3, Powerstar Golf and Ryse. I assume this is their way to entice new people into going digital. Sucks that they don't give anything to those who have purchased digital games. Oh well.

Nothing for me. I have purchased digital games before including Dead Rising 3, Powerstar Golf and Ryse. I assume this is their way to entice new people into going digital. Sucks that they don't give anything to those who have purchased digital games. Oh well.
Especially since we paid full price for the digital downloads..so stupid.

To be fair, I only purchased Powerstar Golf and Ryse since they were on sale. I bought Dead Rising 3 Day One Edition on release day though (for full price). Either way, it sucks that they won't extend it to people that actually use the service. It would get me to buy more.

Nothing for me either. I've purchased COD ghosts, Peggle 2, powerstar golf, Max CoB, spartan assault & KI. Guess they already know I'll spend regardless.

I didn't get a coupon either. Have bought digital in the past on both the 360 and One, and am currently carrying a balance. But I also have OpenDNS running on my router to block Microsoft ads, so there's that ... Will remove OpenDNS and see what happens.

Figure this is part of Microsoft's experimenting with digital sales. Random discount levels, see what percentage of respondents do it at $20, $15, $10, $5. Gathering data for future sales. Pretty much what they said they were doing with the Ryse sale ... Experimenting.

The user base of the Xbox is large enough for a sample to be representative but small enough they won't be pissing off tons of people with variable discounts.

We are, after all, the test market for XB1 ... Not the target market. They are counting on the vast majority of users not frequenting sites like this and being put off by being offered a party 5 bucks.

Guessing.

it was when I had my retail disks installed, I've deleted the games I'm done with for now so that helped out. Right now I'm only around 30% used

My main account that I used to digitally purchase 6 games on my Xbox One got nothing.  My rarely used extra account that has never been used to purchase anything has an offer for $5.  What really sucks is that I was going to spend $55 during that promotion anyway.

Bloodlust brings up an incredibly valid point. Even if someone like me who has the $20 offer purchases Forza (random example), is that sending a message to Microsoft that $40 is an acceptable sale price for digital games? To me, the digital games should start at about $45 and go on sale for $29.99 or so.

To me, the digital games should start at about $45 and go on sale for $29.99 or so.
^ This x100!! Digital games should be at least $10 off, but that will piss off and screw over retail chains which they need to stock the games & consoles.

"Exclusive offer for you" Spend $45 and get a $5 Gift code back......FU Microsoft......

Freaking sucks, since I have $60 Credit I would have gotten Dead Rising 3 Season pass then maybe Rayman Legends.
Don't bother with the Dead Rising pack. The first 2 expansions are lame.

Quite possibly one of the dumbest offers/deals I've seen in recent memory. Everything from no deal to $20. Way to be consistent.

But I can't say that I'm surprised. Getting deals from M$ is like pulling teeth.

I love how they roll out their big foray into discounted digital games with Ryse for $40, even though it's been that price at RETAIL numerous times since release jsut a few months ago.

What are the chances to get something back even if you don't see that offer? I'm getting PvZ regardless and Strider, would be sweet to get anything back.

I checked yesterday and today and I see no offer.  I was hoping to get the $20 offer.  I would have picked up Rayman Legends and Stryder.

I love how they roll out their big foray into discounted digital games with Ryse for $40, even though it's been that price at RETAIL numerous times since release jsut a few months ago.
"Never mind that most people seemed to think this game was mediocre. Never mind that there is no way to try it before you buy it. And never mind that we only barely reduced the price from what it's been at retail. Just buy it. We're experimenting!!!" - the best sales team ever

crazy question- if you happen to get one of these codes and you preorder the digital Titanfall does it count?

crazy question- if you happen to get one of these codes and you preorder the digital Titanfall does it count?
Not crazy - sounds like a good question for Larry Hryb. Just tweeted the man myself.

If it DOES apply, I'll be moving my pre-order for sure.. I usually go physical copy, but I don't suppose I'll get rid of Titanfall at any point before Titanfall 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name="JKSonic" post="11540505" timestamp="1392830084"]XB1 not XBone, that is all.[/quote]
No. Xbone is right. MS boned this launch.

Got a $10 offer after $45. I've only had my Xbone since Tuesday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did this deal tile disappear from the store from anyone else? I had the $10 offer for awhile but now it's nowhere to be seen. I'm already at $40 purchased, so I don't know if I'm in or out. 

I guess the Killer Instinct Bundles wouldn't count towards this, even though they are the full game?

Did this deal tile disappear from the store from anyone else? I had the $10 offer for awhile but now it's nowhere to be seen. I'm already at $40 purchased, so I don't know if I'm in or out.
Still active on the xbldb of the games section for me. Was curious and checked the account I made for my wife this year on the xbone, she only has a couple thousand gs and never one purchase or one sub to XBL and she gets $15..seems like it's all random. I'm at 15k gs and have been with XBL since 06 or. 07 and bought plenty on the store and got $10. I'm leaning towards plants vs zombies garden warfare and halo spartan assault, but I also like physical versions and am afraid of buying digitally when something may go free on gwg or ps +.

bread's done
Back