Purchase Destiny Digital version for PS3/360 Get a Free upgrade to PS4/Xbox One Version

ShockandAww

CAGiversary!
Feedback
110 (100%)
http://www.destinythegame.com/digital-upgrade

As title says. Buy a digital version of Destiny for 360 or PS3 and get a free upgrade to the Xbox One/PS4 digital version. Kind of a PSA more than a real deal but saw this at Neogaf.

Note 1: You must claim the Xbox One (standard or digital guardian) or PS4 version (standard or digital guardian) by January 15th 2015. You can do this online without even owning a PS4 or Xbox One console.  Simply go to the respective companies online store and claim your free upgrade license (by January 15th). If you do this you can then download the upgraded version at any time in the future.

Note 2: the deal is not cross console. You can't buy the 360 version then upgrade to the PS4 version. You have to do 360/Xbox One or PS3/PS4.

Last edited by a moderator:
Missing my point. I'd be trading in my disk to get the PS3 version to upgrade to the PS4, but I already have the ps4 dlc. Since its been reported that the characters migrate between accounts, I was wondering of that applied to the dlc packs. Honestly I'd be surprised if it did, but worth checking now that it's on.
the dlc works the same way as the game. It won't go backwards. Waste your time and money if you want to find out the hard way

Good ol PSN. If you buy the PS3 digital version right now, you get the PS4 version fine. If you preordered the PS3 version you don't. Hope they fix this shit today sometime.
That sucks for the people who intend to play on PS4 but preordered the PS3 version just to get it for free. Yikes. :lol: I'm sure they'll get it sorted out before too long.

Has anyone confirmed that you can register the PS4 version without a PS4 via the web store? I only have a PS3, but plan on getting a PS4 eventually, and would love to take advantage of this promotion. I'm just not sure I'm going to get a PS4 before January.

If so, does anyone have a link to the website through which you can do so? Thanks.
for the 50th time in this thread, you do NOT have to download to next Gen by 1/15/15. All the answers are already here. Why can't you just read instead of asking the same four fucking questions over and over.

Since I can't wait for Microsoft to confirm on the DGE for the X360. I went ahead and purchase the standard digital version so I can upgrade it to XB1. I'm going to be really upset if they get this on the Marketplace later on down the road.
how much money is saved buying it over the dlc separate? And are there bonuses.

how much money is saved buying it over the dlc separate? And are there bonuses.
$5 difference between buying the DGE or buying Standard + Season pas. But there is no option to buy DGE on 360 at the moment. Then again the content covered by the Season Pass doesn't come out for months so no real need to buy it now.

Good ol PSN. If you buy the PS3 digital version right now, you get the PS4 version fine. If you preordered the PS3 version you don't. Hope they fix this shit today sometime.

i prteordered also now its saying i havent even purchased destiny for ps3 game is 25 gigs i got 7 gig preload something is not right here
Same problem I'm having. Spent two hours with two different reps to get to the conclusion "Wait and maybe it'll be fixed later."

the dlc works the same way as the game. It won't go backwards. Waste your time and money if you want to find out the hard way
Wouldn't have been for me, I'd only play it on my ps4 but my account is on my sister's PS3. Still, she and her boyfriend would get the base game and just have to pay for the dlc themselves.

For those who pre-ordered the PS3 version to get the free PS4 version Sony has already stated the PS4 freebie will be available by Wednesday night. I'm in this boat too, just got to wait a day. Going to play my PS3 copy now though, why not, character will transfer to PS4 anyway. 

For those who pre-ordered the PS3 version to get the free PS4 version Sony has already stated the PS4 freebie will be available by Wednesday night. I'm in this boat too, just got to wait a day. Going to play my PS3 copy now though, why not, character will transfer to PS4 anyway.
My PS3 is in storage right now so I can't play it. Not to mention players who are buying it now that didn't preorder can get it now. I don't think the Wednesday deadline applies anymore since it's working, just not for preorders.

It works for pre-orders (I pre-ordered mine yesterday) and it's been up for the past 6 hours. I have already downloaded both my PS3 and PS4 versions. When I went to the PS store on my PS3 it showed that the PS4 version came up as an available download. I downloaded and installed the PS3 version first (about 7GBs) and the 3 other files that came with it like the expansion pass and vanguard armory. When it finished I turned on my PS4, went to the PS store, clicked on Destiny and it showed the PS4 version as Purchased. I then just downloaded it (about 17GBs). Just finished playing the first 2 levels.

Try it out now. If you downloaded the 4 items on the PS3 then it should show as purchased when you go to your PS4.

Has anyone received their preorder bonus from Best buy yet? I haven't received an email yet with my code. Wondering if anyone else is having this issue

Question: For those of you who bought the PS3 version and can't get the PS4 version, did you buy it from the PS Store online or from the PS3 store? I bought mine online since I don't have access to my PS3 right now.

Just checked on ps4, Cant download it yet. I was curious and went on ps3 and it'll allow to me buy it again. Here comes that stern finger pointing 

sony just trll baited us got of phone with rep who hung up on me says bungie is publisher u have deal with them since they r offering upgrade wtf im getting my money back sony is dickheads now wtf master race console my arse

sony just trll baited us got of phone with rep who hung up on me says bungie is publisher u have deal with them since they r offering upgrade wtf im getting my money back sony is dickheads now wtf master race console my arse
Bungie Made statement game no ready till 6 pm 10th on laterst. err

What a load of crap. Even with account credit, I cannot buy Destiny on the Xbox 360 and upgrade to the X1. You have to use a credit card. Doesn't make sense and i've never had this problem before. No where does it state that you cannot use account credit or anything else to buy the game, credit card only.  I don't have a 360 to buy it on, only an xbox one so i'm out of luck I guess.

What a load of crap. Even with account credit, I cannot buy Destiny on the Xbox 360 and upgrade to the X1. You have to use a credit card. Doesn't make sense and i've never had this problem before. No where does it state that you cannot use account credit or anything else to buy the game, credit card only. I don't have a 360 to buy it on, only an xbox one so i'm out of luck I guess.
The site is stupid like that. Never lets you use credit, started doing that not too long ago. Don't know if MS will ever fix it

im utterly pissed i pay this reps paycheck u hang up on me says its bungie promotion your fucking idiots have it on psn its digital u agreed to put itu p on store therefore sony yes osny dick heads r responsible for questions and accomodateing the customer.

the firggin idiot should be fired period you dont disrespect customer eva like that msoft aintn o better either i expected better from sony they r same idiots theys always been and all gameing in it to lie to your arse to make buck.

i dont like getting ripped off i work hard for my godarn money im gonna get what i mofrucking paid for no ands if or butts im so pissed it aint even funny

im utterly pissed i pay this reps paycheck u hang up on me says its bungie promotion your fucking idiots have it on psn its digital u agreed to put itu p on store therefore sony yes osny dick heads r responsible for questions and accomodateing the customer.

the firggin idiot should be fired period you dont disrespect customer eva like that msoft aintn o better either i expected better from sony they r same idiots theys always been and all gameing in it to lie to your arse to make buck.

i dont like getting ripped off i work hard for my godarn money im gonna get what i mofrucking paid for no ands if or butts im so pissed it aint even funny
WAT

Downloaded the 360 version at home on the console. Then on PC downloaded the vanguard edition on Xbox one for free. hassle free. can't wait to play on both back and forth.

well im mad now im drunk what u expect yes im over the edge here im sure sony is utterly sick of phone calls but still im customer im always right period

This is a long shot, but doesn't hurt to ask. 

If anyone who is buying this game digitally on 360 and has no plans to play the XB1 version, I'm offering PayPal or Amazon GC of your choice in order for me to download this game to my Xbox One.

Thanks in advance.

If anyone who is buying this game digitally on 360 and has no plans to play the XB1 version, I'm offering PayPal or Amazon GC of your choice in order for me to download this game to my Xbox One.

Thanks in advance.
Pretty sure that's not possible. The promo is tied to the user's Microsoft Account.

Pretty sure that's not possible. The promo is tied to the user's Microsoft Account.
That makes it all the way possible, just that person has to be willing to allow me or anyone to access the account.

Done it before on the 360 at least with a friend's account.

I just talked to Playstation support since I pre ordered the PS3 version 2 days ago and haven't been able to download the PS4 version for free. They said that the free download will be available for the PS4 on Wednesday 09/10 after 6pm.

Just in case anyone else is having the same trouble.

Still not sure why people can't download their PS4 versions today.  Maybe it's because I pre-ordered mine from Best Buy instead of buying it directly from the PS store.  BB sent me the 12 digit redemption code at 3:02 A.M. EST.  Got up around 7:00, fired up my PS3, went to the store, entered the code and downloaded the game.  Now it did give me 5 files to download (PS3 full game, Vanguard Armory, Expansion Pass, Vanguard Collector's Edition content & the Destiny Compatibility Pack.  Once it finished I turned on my PS4, went to store, went to Destiny and it said "purchased".  I then just downloaded it. 

The only thing I can think of is that people who can't download the game to PS4 is that they don't have the Destiny Compatibility Pack (169MB), which I believe gives you the PS4 access so that when you go the PS store it will show Destiny as having already been purchased.

Perhaps the "wait until tomorrow" issue is with folks who purchased the game directly from the PS store and not through someone else.

Man, I wish these companies could come up with real financial incentives on these console-based digital downloads.

I want Destiny on my hard drive, disc-free.  But to do that, I sacrifice so many benefits from Best Buy's disc retail release: the 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked, the $10 pre-order certificate....

Knowing I'll spend the Best Buy certificate, that's essentially a difference of $65 (after taxes) versus $42 (after taxes).  I can't justify that; few of us can.

And that's to say nothing of the fact that I can trade-in the disc-released game later!

Man, I wish these companies could come up with real financial incentives on these console-based digital downloads.

I want Destiny on my hard drive, disc-free. But to do that, I sacrifice so many benefits from Best Buy's disc retail release: the 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked, the $10 pre-order certificate....

Knowing I'll spend the Best Buy certificate, that's essentially a difference of $65 (after taxes) versus $42 (after taxes). I can't justify that; few of us can.

And that's to say nothing of the fact that I can trade-in the disc-released game later!
Man I agree with you because I'm BB GCU too. There were only 2 things that made it worthwhile to go digital 1) You can't get the 20% off of the Expansion Pass--which I know I would've wanted--so that's $34.99. You add that to the $42 and your at $77 for the hard disc and expansion pass. That's about $12-13 less than the Digital Guardian version 2) I wanted to play with some friends who don't yet have the PS4 so it was worth paying $12-13 extra to do that (actually less than that if I factored in the $4 in gas I would've spent driving to the store last night).

It did also help that I had a $50 promo code from Best Buy from them cancelling my PS4 Limited Edition copy.

Thanks in advance.
That would be piracy. Which i think violates the TOS here.

Thanks in advance.
The game is tied to that gamertag alone, so you and the original owner wouldn't be able to play at the same time. Not to mention, you're essentially asking someone for their Xbox Live password which I'm pretty sure is a bannable offense.

Man I agree with you because I'm BB GCU too. There were only 2 things that made it worthwhile to go digital 1) You can't get the 20% off of the Expansion Pass--which I know I would've wanted--so that's $34.99. You add that to the $42 and your at $77 for the hard disc and expansion pass. That's about $12-13 less than the Digital Guardian version 2) I wanted to play with some friends who don't yet have the PS4 so it was worth paying $12-13 extra to do that (actually less than that if I factored in the $4 in gas I would've spent driving to the store last night).

It did also help that I had a $50 promo code from Best Buy from them cancelling my PS4 Limited Edition copy.
Thanks for the reply.

I just read that the Digital Guardian version is a PlayStation exclusive.

So....d@mn. LoL.

As I'm buying this game to play with my Xbox friends, that unfortunately doesn't help me.

The game is tied to that gamertag alone, so you and the original owner wouldn't be able to play at the same time. Not to mention, you're essentially asking someone for their Xbox Live password which I'm pretty sure is a bannable offense.
If this isn't allowed on the site, then I have no problem just waiting on a price drop or a cheap used copy, but I would like to think this is the equivalent to a game share.

As far as 360 goes, I was able to do this no problem, but it was for Skyrim.

If this isn't allowed on the site, then I have no problem just waiting on a price drop or a cheap used copy, but I would like to think this is the equivalent to a game share.

As far as 360 goes, I was able to do this no problem, but it was for Skyrim.
Sharing an account aside, Destiny supposedly plays like an MMO, and your everything, including login, is tied to your gamertag. Skyrim doesn't need to be online. Destiny is online only.

I highly doubt it works like that, but ehh, doesn't seem like it's going to happen anyways, so I digress.

Bought PS3 Guardian yesterday, PS4 version is now downloading!
Thanks for the heads up! Just checked the online storefront, and PS4 versions of Destiny, the expansion pack, and the Vanguard pack were all waiting in my Download List. ( Having pre-ordered yesterday through the web store)

My copy of Destiny is downloading now. Glad they got it together.

EDIT: Accidental double post, sorry.

wow my sympathy goes out to those who are having issues. As for what I encountered is that when I got the ps3 version then jumped on the ps4 to get it after midnight, it still charged me again for the ps4 version. I got that fixed with the live chat online by having the Sony representative Kevin R process a refund for me at 12PM PDT today. Refund was gonna take 3-5 business days but due to the fact it was with my paypal credit card it processed the refund within 3 hours. So it all worked out for me. So if your one of the people that encountered being charged for the ps4 version when you have the ps3 version already just do a live chat with the Sony representative to get a refund processed and note that if you paid with a visa/master or whatever it may take 3-5 business days. Just make sure you have the confirmation email of that purchase made to give the representative. I should've made a copy of the transcript of the chat to post here but I was just happy enough that he got my refund for it.

bread's done
Back