Purchase Destiny Digital version for PS3/360 Get a Free upgrade to PS4/Xbox One Version

ShockandAww

CAGiversary!
Feedback
110 (100%)
http://www.destinythegame.com/digital-upgrade

As title says. Buy a digital version of Destiny for 360 or PS3 and get a free upgrade to the Xbox One/PS4 digital version. Kind of a PSA more than a real deal but saw this at Neogaf.

Note 1: You must claim the Xbox One (standard or digital guardian) or PS4 version (standard or digital guardian) by January 15th 2015. You can do this online without even owning a PS4 or Xbox One console.  Simply go to the respective companies online store and claim your free upgrade license (by January 15th). If you do this you can then download the upgraded version at any time in the future.

Note 2: the deal is not cross console. You can't buy the 360 version then upgrade to the PS4 version. You have to do 360/Xbox One or PS3/PS4.

Last edited by a moderator:
For people that don't know, progress is saved across platforms. This means if your have done achievements on the one or 360, when you boot up the game in te console you haven't earned achievement in they will automatically unlock once you log in to your character that did unlock the achievements. (Sorry if it sounds confusing)

For people that don't know, progress is saved across platforms. This means if your have done achievements on the one or 360, when you boot up the game in te console you haven't earned achievement in they will automatically unlock once you log in to your character that did unlock the achievements. (Sorry if it sounds confusing)
This is great to know thanks!

Dlc does not transfer between consoles familia with the exception of the expansion pass (if bought/redeemed on the 360)

Are you saying that if I buy the Destiny Expansion Pass on the 360, I'll be able to get the Xbox One version of the expansion pass for free?

I am annoyed that if i purchase both the game and expansion digitally on the 360 that i can't get the collector's edition content on the xbox one. Not that its a big deal but we did end up paying 5 bucks more overall we should get everything. 

a while back I posted what the 360 version said, as well as mentioning the Xbox one games and dlc did not mention 360 at all. We have told you the answer, you just won't listen. If you want to try it to prove usnwrong or something, go for it. What is it going to hurt?
*Facepalm*

I already know that the game and DLC only go Xbox 360>XB1. I just wanted to know what the XBL screen said for someone who redeemed on XB1 and checked the Xbox 360 Expansion pass screen. :wall:

Just a simple: "Hey guys, I redeemed the XB1 Expansion Pass code and 360 still wants to charge me $35 for the 360 Pass."

I don't know where this post in question of yours is, but if it read like the example above, all you had to do was repost it. I never asked questions to "prove you guys wrong." I just wanted to know how XBL handled the redemption versus the FAQ-based assumed answer of "no-go" everyone (myself included) has been leaning on. :wall:

*Facepalm*

I already know that the game and DLC only go Xbox 360>XB1. I just wanted to know what the XBL screen said for someone who redeemed on XB1 and checked the Xbox 360 Expansion pass screen. :wall:

Just a simple: "Hey guys, I redeemed the XB1 Expansion Pass code and 360 still wants to charge me $35 for the 360 Pass."

I don't know where this post in question of yours is, but if it read like the example above, all you had to do was repost it. I never asked questions to "prove you guys wrong." I just wanted to know how XBL handled the redemption versus the FAQ-based assumed answer of "no-go" everyone (myself included) has been leaning on. :wall:
Like who would waste their monies and time testing this out. The expansion pass was already explained by myself, others in the thread and bungie. Like why would they give you a free downgrade? A free upgrade to go digital from last gen to this gen is good, but it's rare to see free items from current gen to last gen. No offense dude but teh cag elite gonna get mad you're asking the same questions over and over again. Just Stahp

Like who would waste their monies and time testing this out. The expansion pass was already explained by myself, others in the thread and bungie. Like why would they give you a free downgrade? A free upgrade to go digital from last gen to this gen is good, but it's rare to see free items from current gen to last gen. No offense dude but teh cag elite gonna get mad you're asking the same questions over and over again. Just Stahp
Again...*facepalm*

I asked on the off-chance that someone who purposely bought the XB1 LE/Ghost Edition, with no intention of playing Destiny on 360, double-checked to make sure MS didn't goof by accidentally making the 360 Expansion Pass free. I know that the upgrade works Xbox 360>XB1. I never needed you guys to explain that. :wall: But this IS MS we're talking about. How many times have they "accidentally" made things free that weren't meant to be free?

I just wanted to make sure that XBL reflected the one-way upgrade correctly. :roll: And if the "CAG Elite" get mad because I asked a question that we have all "assumed" an answer to, due to the FAQ, but that no one has ACTUALLY posted on after checking on 360...then shame on them.

Like I said before, I'm 99.9% sure that the one-way upgrade is working the way it's supposed to. But if the pass DID happen to be accidentally free, you know half of them would be secretly firing up their 360s to get in on it before MS fixed the mistake. :cool:

Again...*facepalm*

I asked on the off-chance that someone who purposely bought the XB1 LE/Ghost Edition, with no intention of playing Destiny on 360, double-checked to make sure MS didn't goof by accidentally making the 360 Expansion Pass free. I know that the upgrade works Xbox 360>XB1. I never needed you guys to explain that. :wall: But this IS MS we're talking about. How many times have they "accidentally" made things free that weren't meant to be free?

I just wanted to make sure that XBL reflected the one-way upgrade correctly. :roll: And if the "CAG Elite" get mad because I asked a question that we have all "assumed" an answer to, due to the FAQ, but that no one has ACTUALLY posted on after checking on 360...then shame on them.

Like I said before, I'm 99.9% sure that the one-way upgrade is working the way it's supposed to. But if the pass DID happen to be accidentally free, you know half of them would be secretly firing up their 360s to get in on it before MS fixed the mistake. :cool:
Are you illiterate or something? I explained this in great detail a couple of posts up. I bought 2 ghosts editions and whAt you are proposing will not work as I've alreAdy tried it. Like dude get your head out of your ass and try to comprehend what I have already proven that it doesn't work and what others are saying in the thread.

Are you illiterate or something? I explained this in great detail a couple of posts up. I bought 2 ghosts editions and whAt you are proposing will not work as I've alreAdy tried it. Like dude get your head out of your ass and try to comprehend what I have already proven that it doesn't work and what others are saying in the thread.
illiterate?! :evil: So you ask me who would waste their time testing it out (no one who's posted in this thread, apparently, because you could've quoted/linked to another thread post of a person that has). THEN you say you "tried it," but didn't confirm in the last post? And I'M illiterate?

So you used TWO Expansion Pass codes (the code for Xbox 360 AND XB1)? We all know the FAQ says Xbox 360>XB1. I ALREADY KNOW THAT! :wall: I asked a simple question:

*If you redeem an Expansion Pass code for XB1, will the Xbox 360 Marketplace charge you $35?"

...like it's we've all ASSUMED it's supposed to (myself included). Nowhere in your "great detail" post did you mention redeeming the XB1 Pass, other than saying that the pass transfers between accounts (which assumes that you only used the 360 code). We've all understood it's a one-way upgrade. I KNOW THAT ALREADY. That's why I asked about it the other way around (because MS screws things up from time to time). And if you DID mention redeeming BOTH codes (and using the XB1 code just to make sure), and I missed it, a simple repost would've been fine.

But, considering you asked me:

Like who would waste their monies and time testing this out.
Instead of just giving a first-hand answer of "I used my XB1 Expansion code first and it charges $35 on 360," even you don't know 100%. :wall:

Instead of just giving a first-hand answer of "I used my XB1 Expansion code first and it charges $35 on 360," even you don't know 100%. :wall:
Bro. I'm 1000% sure we've all wasted too much time just having to read about this nonsense. Your the only one still questioning it. It doesnt work! Let it go already.

I'm actually really grateful that this deal got posted.  I had a physical pre-order for the game and then cancelled it and decided to wait until the digital PS3->PS4 upgrade was confirmed to be working on launch day.  After all the reactions started coming out about the game, I realized I just saved myself 60 bucks.

Thanks, OP!

Yeah... I did the deal earlier. Game is completely okay for 360. Good holdover until Black Friday deals... Excited for the upgrade though. Good game.

So just wondering if I buy a 360 voucher for the Destiny Expansion Pass it will automatically unlock on my xbox one correct?

I don't own the 360 version just xbox one disc version

I got the ps3 digital and was able to download on the ps4 no problem.

I share a ps4 with my lady and she was able to play using her screen name too.

Since I did the digital upgrade I might not even pick up the XB1 LE I have waiting for me at BB.  Might just pick one up a 360 version at a later date.

Have they confirmed that there will be achievements/trophies for the season pass content?

Is this deal dead?
No, but this topic is getting beat like a dead horse...

1.jpg

Digital Guardian Edition applies only from PS3->PS4 digital upgrade.

NOTHING MORE - NOTHING LESS.

So is it possible to play on two platforms at the same time with different profiles on PSN? Like let's say I'm PSN Profile A on PS4, and PSN Profile B on PS3 wants to use my copy at the same time, would it allow them, or would it count as the same game or something and boot them off?

So is it possible to play on two platforms at the same time with different profiles on PSN? Like let's say I'm PSN Profile A on PS4, and PSN Profile B on PS3 wants to use my copy at the same time, would it allow them, or would it count as the same game or something and boot them off?
if it's like the 360, you can.

So I've got 2 360's (let's call them a & b) and 1 XBONE and need help figuring out the best way to make this work.

360 a is the one I use with my gamertag (the kid also pulls his gamertag to this 360 from time to time) and also has all my MS credit on it.  360 b is the kids in his room and he doesn't have much if any credit on his gamertag.  I've never had my gamertag(the one with the money on it) on this console.

I'm trying to figure out how to do this so he has it on b and we can have it on the xbone.  Having it on 360 a also would be nice but not a big deal if I can't.  Should I recovery my gamertag( the one with the MS credit) to his 360-b and download Destiny there first?  Or is there a way i can just buy it on 360 a and still get it to b and the XBONE. 

So I've got 2 360's (let's call them a & b) and 1 XBONE and need help figuring out the best way to make this work.

360 a is the one I use with my gamertag (the kid also pulls his gamertag to this 360 from time to time) and also has all my MS credit on it. 360 b is the kids in his room and he doesn't have much if any credit on his gamertag. I've never had my gamertag(the one with the money on it) on this console.

I'm trying to figure out how to do this so he has it on b and we can have it on the xbone. Having it on 360 a also would be nice but not a big deal if I can't. Should I recovery my gamertag( the one with the MS credit) to his 360-b and download Destiny there first? Or is there a way i can just buy it on 360 a and still get it to b and the XBONE.
what I would do:

Sons console: get your GT there and download destiny and perform a license transfer there, that way he can play without you having to be logged in. Your console can still play as long as you use your GT. the Xbox one can just play it no matter what since there is no other X1 in the equation

what I would do:

Sons console: get your GT there and download destiny and perform a license transfer there, that way he can play without you having to be logged in. Your console can still play as long as you use your GT. the Xbox one can just play it no matter what since there is no other X1 in the equation
Thanks I'll give that a try.

I did this on launch day. Logged on to my sons 360 using my gamer tag. Bought the game on his 360 and waited for it to download. Then after download was complete I deleted my gamer tag from his 360. He logged on his console like always using his gamer tag and was able to play destiny no problem. Then I went to my xbox one under my gamer tag of course and clicked on destiny, it said free already so I just downloaded it no problem. Hope my step by step explanation helps.

I can't believe people still are asking the same questions two weeks after this started. With the answers on the same page usually. Also, he was asking about getting them on two 360s, then the Kinect, I believe. Which is doable.

I did this on launch day. Logged on to my sons 360 using my gamer tag. Bought the game on his 360 and waited for it to download. Then after download was complete I deleted my gamer tag from his 360. He logged on his console like always using his gamer tag and was able to play destiny no problem. Then I went to my xbox one under my gamer tag of course and clicked on destiny, it said free already so I just downloaded it no problem. Hope my step by step explanation helps.
Did you get charged tax? Don't have an Xbone and it tried to charge me $5 tax when I tried to redeem on xbox.com.

Let me preface this post with this... I'm a PS3 owner and am not that familiar with the Xbox workings...

So, my son decided to buy the digital copy on his Xbox 360 and then went online to get the One version and he gets an error saying child and teen accounts can't purchase. I then went on the 360 and it says he has an adult account. I contacted Xbox/Microsoft help via chat and they were absolutely useless.

Before I go back to them, I figured I'd ask here to see if I'm missing something. What can I do?

Hopefully this hasn't been asked yet, but here is my somewhat complicated question:

Right now I have the game for PS4 (bought the Ghost edition, otherwise I would have just taken advantage of this deal regardless), and my son and I both love it and play it a lot.  We don't have any PS3s in our house, but we have 2 Xbox 360s and one XB1.  My son's friend also has an XB1 and Destiny, so my son wants us to get the XB1 version as well, for his birthday.  I have XBLive Gold, so we can both play unlimited on-line on the XB1 .  However, he doesn't have gold.  My question is if he doesn't have gold, I assume he can't play Crucible on the 360, but can he play the main story stuff on the 360?   If he can play the story on the 360, can he still play with friends?  Would I be able to play in one room on one of our 360s and he play in another room on the other 360?  Could one of us be on the XB1 and the other on the 360 and still play in a team?

Thanks!

Let me preface this post with this... I'm a PS3 owner and am not that familiar with the Xbox workings...

So, my son decided to buy the digital copy on his Xbox 360 and then went online to get the One version and he gets an error saying child and teen accounts can't purchase. I then went on the 360 and it says he has an adult account. I contacted Xbox/Microsoft help via chat and they were absolutely useless.

Before I go back to them, I figured I'd ask here to see if I'm missing something. What can I do?
Well, nevermind. Even though my son had an "Adult" account, the website was checking birth date. They couldn't "purchase" the Xbox One version, so I asked for a refund. Got it. Now he can buy it later on if he wants.

What a cluster, I've never had this issue on PSN.

Well, nevermind. Even though my son had an "Adult" account, the website was checking birth date. They couldn't "purchase" the Xbox One version, so I asked for a refund. Got it. Now he can buy it later on if he wants.

What a cluster, I've never had this issue on PSN.
That's why you always lie on birth dates. Just in case. They have no good reason to have your real birthday -- they're not the government, you're not applying for life/health insurance, etc. -- they don't need to know. On that note, my birthday is 1/1/1920 (only because some sites won't let you use 1900 or 1910). Lulz.

Hopefully this hasn't been asked yet, but here is my somewhat complicated question:

Right now I have the game for PS4 (bought the Ghost edition, otherwise I would have just taken advantage of this deal regardless), and my son and I both love it and play it a lot. We don't have any PS3s in our house, but we have 2 Xbox 360s and one XB1. My son's friend also has an XB1 and Destiny, so my son wants us to get the XB1 version as well, for his birthday. I have XBLive Gold, so we can both play unlimited on-line on the XB1 . However, he doesn't have gold. My question is if he doesn't have gold, I assume he can't play Crucible on the 360, but can he play the main story stuff on the 360? If he can play the story on the 360, can he still play with friends? Would I be able to play in one room on one of our 360s and he play in another room on the other 360? Could one of us be on the XB1 and the other on the 360 and still play in a team?

Thanks!
- he can play the story parts without Gold, but he can only play solo -- no co-op with his friends if no Gold

- yes you can play on both 360s, but you would have to be on separate gamertags and you would need Gold on both if you were thinking of playing coop (if that's what you meant)

- as someone already pointed out, there is no cross gen co-op/multiplayer; you cannot play with him on your XB1 if he's on the 360

Hey has anyone got a PS3 LE? I entered my codes in PS3 and I now can't get access to neither Vanguard or CE content on PS4. Supposedly the gear was to transfer over. Apparently this was fixed in Xbox Live but not PSN yet?

bread's done
Back