Purchase Red Dead Redemption from Gamestop.com and recieve $10 off future purchase

Sharkey1337

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Just saw that gamestop.com updated their Red Dead Redemption page, now when you purchase it online you get a future $10 gift card for online use only (which honestly are a pain in the ass as you can't use any other deal with them). BUT, a little extra incentive if you haven't preordered yet to get the special edition at regular price, here's the link:

Xbox 360: http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=74710
PS3: http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=74711

All in all, if you use 15NEW you can get the Gamestop Exclusive Special Edition of Red Dead Redemption for $51 (or $45 with 25off with over $100) and get:

• The Game
  • The Soundtrack
  • Deadly Assassin Outfit
  • Exclusive Challenges
  • $10 off future purchase

Last edited by a moderator:
So will I get this if I already ordered? The promotion wasn't there when I ordered so I'm not sure. I know Amazon doesn't honor credits like this if it wasn't there when you ordered. Anyone know for sure?

[quote name='ssjmichael']So will I get this if I already ordered? The promotion wasn't there when I ordered so I'm not sure. I know Amazon doesn't honor credits like this if it wasn't there when you ordered. Anyone know for sure?[/QUOTE]

Amazon will honor credit changes and increases, usually.

[quote name='ssjmichael']So will I get this if I already ordered? The promotion wasn't there when I ordered so I'm not sure. I know Amazon doesn't honor credits like this if it wasn't there when you ordered. Anyone know for sure?[/QUOTE]

You should still receive the email for the $10 off, if not a simple email will fix that:D

[quote name='hellhunde']Amazon will honor credit changes and increases, usually.[/QUOTE]

He was asking about gamestop though. I was wondering the same thing

it says when order ships. i also preordered this about a week ago. i think we r cool. if not simple email :) same with lost planet 2 day 1 dlc for preorders, etc. im hoping 3d dotgame heroes comes with a preorder bonus, but no worries :) . if not i guess a cancel/reorder with 25%off still good?

[quote name='Sharkey1337']You should still receive the email for the $10 off, if not a simple email will fix that:D[/QUOTE]

Awesome thanks. With the 25% off getting the special edition for $45, then the $10 coupon makes it $35.

Wow Gamestop actually competing for my business over Amazon. Wasn't sure that was possible.

Ordered Red Dead Redemption and Mario Galaxy 2 for $88.46 total after 25OFF code plus will get a nice $30 in credit.

Thanks for bringing this up, OP. I will have to keep an eye out for an e-mail for the $10 credit in the next few days. Otherwise I'll just e-mail them requesting it as I've preordered the game a few weeks ago.

Anyone know why when I try to preorder this and UFC Undisputed 2010 and using 25OFF and FREESHIP it still charges me nearly $20 in shipping and handling and says up top before confirming purchase that the coupon does not apply to this order because it is only good towards orders over $50, even though my total is $89.xx -

Makes no sense.

[quote name='nflsonic']Thanks for bringing this up, OP. I will have to keep an eye out for an e-mail for the $10 credit in the next few days. Otherwise I'll just e-mail them requesting it as I've preordered the game a few weeks ago.[/QUOTE]

You won't get it in the next few days, it says it won't be emailed until the game ships.

[quote name='xDisciplex']Anyone know why when I try to preorder this and UFC Undisputed 2010 and using 25OFF and FREESHIP it still charges me nearly $20 in shipping and handling and says up top before confirming purchase that the coupon does not apply to this order because it is only good towards orders over $50, even though my total is $89.xx -

Makes no sense.[/QUOTE]

I had the same problem. I guess you could try complaining but 25OFF is not supposed to be valid with other offers so that is the reason it's not working I imagine. I just went ahead and ordered using the free value shipping. I can wait since this is my 3rd pre-order of Red Dead Redemption ;)

[quote name='ShockandAww']Wow Gamestop actually competing for my business over Amazon. Wasn't sure that was possible.

Ordered Red Dead Redemption and Mario Galaxy 2 for $88.46 total after 25OFF code plus will get a nice $30 in credit.[/QUOTE]

how are ya getting $30 in credit I thougt it was $10? Since when does gs match amazons gc for smg2???

[quote name='ShockandAww']Wow Gamestop actually competing for my business over Amazon. Wasn't sure that was possible.

Ordered Red Dead Redemption and Mario Galaxy 2 for $88.46 total after 25OFF code plus will get a nice $30 in credit.[/QUOTE]

That's an awesome deal, did the same.

Nice if it works with the coupons you guys used. A little worthless if it doesn't. Would rather pay no tax with amazon or get an all purpose gift card with wal-mart. Though the gesture is nice and maybe the average joe might be able to save some bucks.

[quote name='dapunisure']how are ya getting $30 in credit I thougt it was $10? Since when does gs match amazons gc for smg2???[/QUOTE]

Red Dead Redemption is only $10 credit but if you look at Mario Galaxy 2 they've matched the $20 credit that Walmart and Amazon have. So ordered both for $30 total credit.

Hot dang!
$45 after 25off + $10 credit = RDR for $35??! It's almost if Rockstar & GS are begging me to buy this game.
Will be looking out for that email - thanks OP! :)

Those of us that preordered before the $10 credit appeared should get it no problem, had this happen in the past and they honored the deal that was in place at the time of shipment. They keep piling on the goodies for RDR, maybe next they can throw in an old-timey wench to play "billiards" with!

Question:

Normally I buy off Amazon only as I am a stickler of actually getting an non-gutted new copy of a game. Does Gamestop ship gutted copies when you pre-order a game, or is it sealed? Thanks.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Question:

Normally I buy off Amazon only as I am a stickler of actually getting an non-gutted new copy of a game. Does Gamestop ship gutted copies when you pre-order a game, or is it sealed? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Generally sealed, however I have received a gutted copy of a game from gamestop.com but not on a preorder. Based on how they love to gut games, I would not be surprised if someone has experienced that.

This deal looks sweet, I usually don't pre-order or get any full priced games, but seems I can get it for around $35 counting the credit... can't really pass this up :D.

I've just been wondering, do you get the future credit even if you use the coupon code? GameStop Customer Service said no but I was sure that you still did. Anyone know?

[quote name='Pure Apathy']I can't decide if I should get Red Dead Redemption and Dead Rising 2 or Modnation Racers. Any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

That's easy - RDD & MR. You'll be done with both RDD and MR by the time Dead Rising 2 comes out and you can sell both RDD and MR to get money for Dead Rising 2.

Bah this has ruined my plan for buying games for the next month. The plan was order SSF4 from Amazon ($10 credit), use credit toward Alan Wake (another $10 credit), order Red Dead as well (another $10) and be sitting on $20 on credit at Amazon. Was planning to use all that credit on Green Day Rock Band and snag another $10 credit. That special edition is hard to say no to though. On top of that I work at Bestbuy and with my discount its going to be close.

EDIT: As always my employee discount at BB is worth nothing with a total price of $208 after tax so $52 per game. Amazon is $227 for 4 new games and $40 in credit essentially making it $187 or about $47 per game. Gamestop on the other hand brings the price to $220 but 25OFF takes off $55 totaling $175 ($165 with $10 in tax) BUT I'll be sitting on $10 in credit so $165 when all is said and done and paying about $41 per game.

What basically makes Gamestop worth it is the 25OFF if you're spending over $100 (taking $15 off $60 games beating out $10 credit at Amazon) but once 25OFF is gone Amazon is the way to go.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ShockandAww']Red Dead Redemption is only $10 credit but if you look at Mario Galaxy 2 they've matched the $20 credit that Walmart and Amazon have. So ordered both for $30 total credit.[/QUOTE]

oh ok I didn't know they matched amazons deal. Wow so $88 plus $30 in future credit, I'm pretty sure that beats $110 & $30 credit from amazon. Can't believe I'm saying that. Thanx gonna go ahead & order.

If this GS $10 promo is like ones they've run in the past, the credit you receive will be good for at least a year. That's better than Amazon, where promo credits expire after 30-60 days.

Am I missing something? Added 2 Red Dead pre-orders to my cart (the multiplayer looks awesome), and applied the coupon. After putting in all my information the payment screen said the coupon I entered doesn't apply to my purchase. Huh?

Edit: it seems In-Store Pickup invalidates the coupon. Has anyone found a way around that? The $14 release day shipping kind of kills the deal.

when does the 25 off code expire? i have about $10 in credit but if i go cancel my reservations & get that credit stored on my edge card, i could possibly get my total for both smg & red dead for about $63 not including taxes, plus the $30 future credit...

[quote name='swarmster']Am I missing something? Added 2 Red Dead pre-orders to my cart (the multiplayer looks awesome), and applied the coupon. After putting in all my information the payment screen said the coupon I entered doesn't apply to my purchase. Huh?

Edit: it seems In-Store Pickup invalidates the coupon. Has anyone found a way around that? The $14 release day shipping kind of kills the deal.[/QUOTE]

FREESHIP code.

The webpage says that the GameStop credit is emailed to you after the product ships. So, is it safe to assume that nobody has received their codes, yet? I'm wondering if there is some odd chance that the codes are emailed as soon as you place your order, because if so, I could save some more money.

So far, the only codes that work for me are: 25OFF and FREESHIP.

I'm about to pull the trigger on my summer games order of:

1. Red Dead Redemption - $45
2. Lost Planet 2 - $45
3. 3D Dot Game Heroes - $29.99
4. Super Mario Galaxy 2 - $37.49

Total = $157.46 (plus free street-date shipping)

That's a nice price, but if I can cash in that credit on half of my order, I would do a happy dance.

Thanks for all the deal-sharing, CAGers! :applause:

Does anyone have experience on how FREESHIP works? If you apply it then it still charges you and even says the standard "The coupon entered will not provide a discount based on the current contents of your shopping cart"

Do I just select value shipping and when they see the code on my order they do overnight or something?

I would rather not purchase anything from Gamestop EVER.

I bet your new game comes unwrapped and in a plastic sleeve sans manual and original case.

[quote name='NoHo']I would rather not purchase anything from Gamestop EVER. [/QUOTE]
Usually the case, but this is an exception.

I have a few dumb questions to ask. Does the $10 off future purchase stack with Gift Cards?

Was thinking of doing Red Dead Redemption (PS3) + Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition (PS3)

15NEW
CAG16
FREESHIP

(says 10AUTO is stacking but isn't showing up on Money Deducted)

Than Trading in a New Copy of Modern Warfare 2 to GameStop, getting whatever credit you get when you trade in a game, I'm assuming a Gift Card.

Using the Red Dead Redemption $10 off future Purchase code on Lost Planet 2 +

15NEW
FREESHIP

My question is would that work? 15NEW seems to have a catch to it that it expires 4/30 so I hesitate to use it as it could be removed from my already placed order. Which I doubt but it could happen. Anyone have any better suggestions as how I should go about this? Should I just Ebay the New Modern Warfare 2 game?

[quote name='NoHo']I would rather not purchase anything from Gamestop EVER.

I bet your new game comes unwrapped and in a plastic sleeve sans manual and original case.[/QUOTE]

You've been a CAG since 2007 and this is the post you make?

@Erathaol

You will not get the $10 off from Red Dead Redemption until the game ships so you wont be able to use it on Lost Planet 2.

@dino88

That is exactly what I was about to say.

[quote name='BrolyB593']@Erathaol

You will not get the $10 off from Red Dead Redemption until the game ships so you wont be able to use it on Lost Planet 2.
[/QUOTE]

Ebay it is than!

:D

bread's done
Back