Purchase Toy Story and get a free ticket to Toy Story 3

[quote name='eau']Yes.

I called to verify and they only limit it to 1 per title per account. If you have both TS1 and TS2, you can redeem them in the same account. If you have two copies of the same movie, you will need two different accounts. The CSR went on saying if you have a family member at least 13 years old, he and she can sign up a new account.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='javeryh']Yes. I got the deal of the year with this whole Toy Story thing. The blu-rays were like $16 total or something like that for both Toy Story 1 and 2. Then on Sunday I took the family to see Toy Story 3 - the 11:15 showing was only $6 per ticket for the early bird special or whatever (before noon). So $24 face value for the tickets for the four of us - I used the "free" coupons from the blu-rays which were worth up to $8.50 per ticket but the guy just took $17 off my entire order so the 4 of us got to see Toy Story 3 for $7 TOTAL. So for less than $25 I have Toy Story 1 and 2 on blu-ray AND my family of 4 saw Toy Story 3 on the release weekend. Insane deal.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Didn't want to have to deal with making another account. Really looking forward to seeing this.

[quote name='ssjmichael']I've yet to print mine out because I'm not sure which theater I want to go to yet (nyc has too many) but does the printout specify a theater or is it just a general Movie Cash certificate?[/QUOTE]

No theater is specified on the certificate. It actually works like a unique credit card. You'll be fine if you print it for one theater and then go to another.

I got the impression that they were asking which theater online just for research purposes and not to "lock in" the theater you would use it at. So no worries!

I bought both Toy Story 1 and 2 on Blu during the launch week with the Princess and the Frog for an amazing deal. I havn't opened them until last night because I was trying to get them in a Blu-Ray case, but they only had a DVD case at the time (the contents are the same though). I finally opened it last night, and I was rewarded for my patients! Toy Story 1 came with one voucher for a free Toy Story 3 ticket, and Toy Story 2 came with THREE vouchers for a free Toy Story 3 tickets!

[quote name='Chaz']The Amazon deal just went up $10, so it's $40 for both. Goddamit, I just barely held off buying these over the weekend too. Oh well, I'll just go back to waiting for the price to drop again.[/QUOTE]

I still see them for $30 for the two-pack. Scroll down on the product page and you'll see a link to put them both in your cart with an additional $10 savings.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']I bought both Toy Story 1 and 2 on Blu during the launch week with the Princess and the Frog for an amazing deal. I havn't opened them until last night because I was trying to get them in a Blu-Ray case, but they only had a DVD case at the time (the contents are the same though). I finally opened it last night, and I was rewarded for my patients! Toy Story 1 came with one voucher for a free Toy Story 3 ticket, and Toy Story 2 came with THREE vouchers for a free Toy Story 3 tickets![/QUOTE]

Wow.

Finally printed my tickets and will be watching it tonight. So excited. I decided to skip Imax and just watch it at the Digital 3D version at a regular movie theatre.

Ok, I have a question. I wanted to take my son to go see this but the only option of theaters are only showing in 3d. Can I just use both free tickets on some other movie? I was going to take him to a small theater which is only showing in 2d and they dont accept the free tickets.

How much more expensive is the Digital 3D showing in comparison to the "normal" showing? I have two free tickets and wanted to take my girlfriend tonight, but we want to see the Digital 3D showing.

Edit: Nevermind, searched a few pages back and must've skipped over shrike's response to someone else.

[quote name='shrike4242']It's for whatever version you want to see, 2D or 3D.

The vouchers will be good for $8.50 off a ticket, so if the ticket is more, you have pay the difference, if it's less, then you don't get anything back.

My digital 3D tickets were $10.25 each, so I paid $1.75 out of pocket for each of the two tickets.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='HydroX']How much more expensive is the Digital 3D showing in comparison to the "normal" showing? I have two free tickets and wanted to take my girlfriend tonight, but we want to see the Digital 3D showing.

Edit: Nevermind, searched a few pages back and must've skipped over shrike's response to someone else.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure it varies by market and theatre chain, but at AMC theatres in MN, the Digital 3D was $3 more than 2D and IMAX 3D was $4 more than 2D.

[quote name='ryosnk']Ok, I have a question. I wanted to take my son to go see this but the only option of theaters are only showing in 3d. Can I just use both free tickets on some other movie? I was going to take him to a small theater which is only showing in 2d and they dont accept the free tickets.[/QUOTE]
No. You can only use these tickets on Toy Story 3.

You can still take your son to see the 3D show, just pay the balance over the $8.50 ticket value per person.

I saw this yesterday with my wife using the free tickets. It is a great movie and will make you laugh as well as maybe have a tear in your eye during one scene. Thumbs up from me.

[quote name='eau']No. You can only use these tickets on Toy Story 3.

You can still take your son to see the 3D show, just pay the balance over the $8.50 ticket value per person.[/QUOTE]

My son is only 3 and he hates wearing eyewear. I guess I might just go ahead and give them to a family member. Thanks for the info.

[quote name='addicted2games'] It is a great movie and will make you laugh as well as maybe have a tear in your eye during one scene. Tme.[/QUOTE]

For some reason, it didn't make me laugh. Maybe I was tired?
It did make me sad though, especially towards the end. When they started holding hands.

FYI, you can use the Movie Cash for any film. Maybe, theater employees around here don't care, but if they type in the numbers it works out just fine. I have done this probably 20 times.

I saw Toy Story 3 using my KNIGHT and DAY/A-Team Movie Cash (it was worth 10 bucks for a 13.25 3-D showing)

I used Karate Kid Movie Cash (also worth 10 bucks) that I got with Jumanji at Target for 5 dollars. That was on a regular ticket (9.75, I think). I saw the A-Team with that one.

I'll use my Toy Story Cash to see Knight and Day next week.

Anyway, to end this rambling post, just ask nicely, say you've seen the movie before, or whatver. It works.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='tidwell']FYI, you can use the Movie Cash for any film. Maybe, theater employees around here don't care, but if they type in the numbers it works out just fine. I have done this probably 20 times.

I saw Toy Story 3 using my KNIGHT and DAY/A-Team Movie Cash (it was worth 10 bucks for a 13.25 3-D showing)

I used Karate Kid Movie Cash (also worth 10 bucks) that I got with Jumanji at Target for 5 dollars. That was on a regular ticket (9.75, I think). I saw the A-Team with that one.

I'll use my Toy Story Cash to see Knight and Day next week.

Anyway, to end this rambling post, just ask nicely, say you've seen the movie before, or whatver. It works.[/QUOTE]

oh really. i'll try that with my next movie cash.

[quote name='Transformah']Hey, do the free passes stop working after 6/30?[/QUOTE]
According to my email 7/31 the offer expires, and 8/15 the codes you get towards buying the tickets expire.

[quote name='Techsticles']According to my email 7/31 the offer expires, and 8/15 the codes you get towards buying the tickets expire.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, the link in the OP shows that the offer is good until 6/30, but I didn't know if that meant there were no more codes after that date, the codes couldn't be redeemed after that date, or the tickets couldn't be used after that date. I'm getting my two Blu-rays from Amazon tomorrow and I'm hoping I don't have to go see the movie right away to get the deal.

I have two extra codes (both from Toy Story 2), if anyone has anything to swap. I know this is not a trading forum, but I wanted to give people a heads up who may not want either Toy Story 1 and/or 2.

Just PM me to let me know!

Okay, I got my copies from Amazon ($30 for the two) and was able to register Toy Story 1 on the website and successfully get the certificate. I then entered the code for TS2 and I get my Disney Rewards points, but no second link to get the second TS3 certificate. I've emailed customer service to see if they can straighten it out.

Overall, its a pretty confusing process from start to finish.

Go to "My Points", then click on "Special Offers". You should see two distinct links, each called: "Toy Story 3 Movie Ticket Offer". Following each one will give you a ticket.

[quote name='Transformah']Okay, I got my copies from Amazon ($30 for the two) and was able to register Toy Story 1 on the website and successfully get the certificate. I then entered the code for TS2 and I get my Disney Rewards points, but no second link to get the second TS3 certificate. I've emailed customer service to see if they can straighten it out.

Overall, its a pretty confusing process from start to finish.[/QUOTE]

Try using a different browser. The site gave me problems in Chrome, so I had to use IE.

bread's done
Back