Purchase Toy Story and get a free ticket to Toy Story 3

[quote name='kklems']I just got my blu-rays from Amazon. Is there any indication about movie cash on the outside of the blu-rays because mine don't mention it and I don't want to open it if the are the wrong edition.[/QUOTE]

The ones from Target do have a sticker on the outside that mentions it, but it also lists the Target-exclusive DVD-ROM, so that sticker is specific to their version. Don't know about the ones from elsewhere.

It seems to actually be tied into the Disney Movie Rewards code, so I would think that any copy that has that (which should be all new copies) should qualify.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wondering that myself. Toy Story 2 has a card that specifically says movie ticket, the other only has the regular Disney rewards code like all other movies. Haven't tried the code yet.

[quote name='arcane93']The ones from Target do have a sticker on the outside that mentions it, but it also lists the Target-exclusive DVD-ROM, so that sticker is specific to their version. Don't know about the ones from elsewhere.

It seems to actually be tied into the Disney Movie Rewards code, so I would think that any copy that has that (which should be all new copies) should qualify.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ZForce915']I think it is pretty crappy for those of you trying to use a $10 and $5 off coupon on EACH movie. Clearly you shouldn't be able to get away with that and it is pretty shady that you would even try.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ZForce915']There is a difference between being cheap and doing something you know is wrong. Using 4 coupons on 2 movies, you don't see anything wrong with that? This isn't like groceries where one coupon is manufacturer and the store is a store coupon.

Honestly though, those people that are trying to do this I don't expect to be able to follow my logic.[/QUOTE]

There is no logic to morality. If you want to discuss morals, morality, the social contract etc. though, by all means take it to the morality thread. This topic is about the free movie tickets for Toy Story 3 from Toy Story 1 and 2 purchases, which I just received as well. Looking forward to the film.

Well I cashed in on the preorder deal for toy story. I reserved Toy Story 1 and 2 and bought Princess and the Frog for $15.73 on Monday. Went in and picked up Toy Story 1 and 2 today and paid $4.31 to take both movies home. $20 for 3 movies is a deal that I don't think anyone other store can beat.

[quote name='cbulas1']And have we determined that you can enter two "Free Toy Story 3 Movie Ticket" codes into a single Disney Movie Rewards account to get two free tickets, or do I have to open up a second account and enter one code into each DMR account to get two free tickets?[/QUOTE]

Yes, if you enter two codes into one account, you'll get two tickets. After caltab said that it worked for him, I tried it last night and had no problems.

Scored both Toy Storys for $19.49 (9.75% sales tax on $45.98, $15.98 w/o tax).

$19.49 - $17 (in TS3 movie tickets) = $2.49 for 2 launch-day Pixar Blu-rays. :bouncy:

[quote name='1NintendoFan']Do you happen to know if there is a link or something that shows what theaters will be accepting the movie cash? I know the one that Amazon was offering didn't work at the theater I always go to, but I couldn't find what theaters accept the DMR tickets.[/QUOTE]

Here is where you look up for eligible movie theaters for Toy Story 3 free ticket:

http://www.hollywoodmoviemoney.com/

[quote name='UberSwiss']Yes. When you enter the codes into the Disney Movie Reward website you get a banner for a free ticket to see Toy Story 3. After you have inputted both codes you will have 2 codes provided by the website for you to enter into www.activaterewards.com/ts3[/QUOTE]

Here's a question about this site- between now and when Toy Story 3 opens in theaters on June 18, I'm going to move to a different state. So, when this site asks for my zip code when entering in my codes, should I put in the zip code where I live now, or the zip code where I'm going to move to and redeem these free tickets? I assume I should enter the zip code of where I'll be living in June, but I don't even know if this makes a difference or not, and maybe they just ask for your zip code for market research or something.

Has anyone entered in your codes on this site and printed out the tickets yet? Do the printed out tickets say something like "Ticket only redeemable in zip code XXXXX", or is there no mention of a location where the free tickets can be used?

Thanks!

[quote name='cbulas1']Here's a question about this site- between now and when Toy Story 3 opens in theaters on June 18, I'm going to move to a different state. So, when this site asks for my zip code when entering in my codes, should I put in the zip code where I live now, or the zip code where I'm going to move to and redeem these free tickets? I assume I should enter the zip code of where I'll be living in June, but I don't even know if this makes a difference or not, and maybe they just ask for your zip code for market research or something.

Has anyone entered in your codes on this site and printed out the tickets yet? Do the printed out tickets say something like "Ticket only redeemable in zip code XXXXX", or is there no mention of a location where the free tickets can be used?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

I don't know for sure. However, I don't believe there is any requirement that you need to redeem the movie codes now. I think you would at least have through opening day to print them. Read the fine print, it may say when you need to redeem by.

[quote name='cbulas1']Here's a question about this site- between now and when Toy Story 3 opens in theaters on June 18, I'm going to move to a different state. So, when this site asks for my zip code when entering in my codes, should I put in the zip code where I live now, or the zip code where I'm going to move to and redeem these free tickets? I assume I should enter the zip code of where I'll be living in June, but I don't even know if this makes a difference or not, and maybe they just ask for your zip code for market research or something.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

The system requires you to select the specific theater where you'll be seeing the film, and then asks whether you're sure, stating that once you select a specific theater you cannot change it. There is nothing (human-readable) written on the ticket itself specifying the theater, but presumably something in the numbers on it that they use to ring it in is encoded to only work there? Don't know. But if I were you I would just hold off on redeeming it, just to be safe, unless you already know which theater you'll want to watch it at in your new location.

[quote name='Richter']anyway around the Coupon Printer app? I don't own a printer and I cant install the software any of the labs' computers :/[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, no. Your best bet would be to print to a PDF file* on your computer (you'll need to set the PDF printer as your default printer for Windows, as the Coupon Printer app prints directly to the default without giving an option) and then take the PDF file to the lab.

* Adobe Acrobat has a built-in PDF printer, which is what I'm familiar with. However, there are other free options out there. A quick Google search came up with http://www.bullzip.com/products/pdf/info.php, but I put that link here with a disclaimer that I've never used it and know nothing about it, and take no responsibility for whether it works or doesn't, or whether it does anything else to your computer. Also, since the Coupon Printer only lets you attempt to print the coupons a limited number of times (twice, I believe), you would do well to test whatever PDF printer you use with a few other things before attempting to use it for that.

[quote name='UberSwiss']Yes. When you enter the codes into the Disney Movie Reward website you get a banner for a free ticket to see Toy Story 3. After you have inputted both codes you will have 2 codes provided by the website for you to enter into www.activaterewards.com/ts3[/QUOTE]
Can you redeem more than 2 tickets on the same account? Picked up TS1 & TS2 for 2 tickets yesterday. Thinking of going back to pick up another set for 2 more tickets, since it's cheaper to pick up the BRs for the free tickets than to pay for the ticket admissions at the box office.

[quote name='Richter']no go :/
it searches to see if the app is installed, if it's not then it takes you to a screen asking you to DL & install[/QUOTE]

Can't you just download the app and install it on your computer than when the printer box comes up, select the pdf printwriter. That way it will print to a pdf file.

I went back to Toys 'R' Us today and exchanged the DVD cased items for those in Blu-ray cases. No problem. I'm just glad they're sitting on so many.

Got both for $13.98 out the door. My only issue is I picked up the DVD cases but apparently they have blu rays in them. I think I read somewhere that they do have blu ray case versions of these maybe I can switch out.

Keep in mind the DVD case versions have the extras on DVDs; the Bluray cased ones have the extras on Bluray. May not be critical to some but I'm sure it would be a problem for a lot of people.

[quote name='Justin42']Keep in mind the DVD case versions have the extras on DVDs; the Bluray cased ones have the extras on Bluray. May not be critical to some but I'm sure it would be a problem for a lot of people.[/QUOTE]

Presumably since the blu-ray is a single disc in all versions, the blu-rays should have the extras in the DVD case versions as well, shouldn't they? I can't imagine that they actually went to the effort of authoring and producing a separate blu-ray for those releases, just so that they wouldn't duplicate the extras.

[quote name='arcane93']Presumably since the blu-ray is a single disc in all versions, the blu-rays should have the extras in the DVD case versions as well, shouldn't they? I can't imagine that they actually went to the effort of authoring and producing a separate blu-ray for those releases, just so that they wouldn't duplicate the extras.[/QUOTE]

That's a good point-- I will admit I'm going off what I read online (ok, bad idea).

I couldn't find the Bluray case versions today, thanks guy...
I'll hit up Target again on Friday.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Commander0Zero']Got both for $13.98 out the door. My only issue is I picked up the DVD cases but apparently they have blu rays in them. I think I read somewhere that they do have blu ray case versions of these maybe I can switch out.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, just go back when they get more in stock. I swapped mine out last night for the BD cases since I'm phasing out the DVD collection.

[quote name='The Notorious ROB']Does this work on Amazon?[/QUOTE]

Yes, the codes are inside all copies, regardless of where you buy it.

[quote name='The Notorious ROB']I meant the $10.00 dollars off coupon.[/QUOTE]

Ah, okay, sorry. No, amazon doesn't accept manufacturers coupons.

[quote name='The Notorious ROB']I meant the $10.00 dollars off coupon.[/QUOTE]

This is another one of those questions that people constantly ask. Amazon does not take coupons. If you want to use Amazon then you have to pay more. B&M stores are always cheaper on Disney movies, particularly release week.

Thanks for the heads up on this. The closest TRU to me was all sold out, but the Babies R Us across the street had plenty of both Toy Story movies at the registers. They did only have the DVD with Blu, and no Blu with DVD. Not sure if I care about that if it is really 6 of one and half a dozen of another. If they are different, then I may need to hold off on opening these.

I was told yesterday by a TRU manager that TRU Corporate ordered 40,000 more Blu-Ray cases for all the stores shipping out ASAP.

Went back to TRU today to exchange my DVD cases for Blu. They tried to give me a hard time saying that I would have to return and rebuy and i would loose my coupons. Yeah right!!! The manager gave me a pass just this once :roll:
Anyway as far as the Blu cases there were like 4 in the store. I had to hunt for them cause they had these things everywhere and most were the DVD cases. If you go back and don't see any at your local TRU look in the whole DVD stack at mine the Blus were mixed in.

Went to the store and they only had the TS1 Blu-Rays in. fucking goddamn ignorant liars. Why let me reserve something you don't have? I'm writing a complaint. I've wasted 3 days of gas driving to this place after they confirm on PHONE they have it for me.

[quote name='M3wThr33']Went to the store and they only had the TS1 Blu-Rays in. fucking goddamn ignorant liars. Why let me reserve something you don't have? I'm writing a complaint. I've wasted 3 days of gas driving to this place after they confirm on PHONE they have it for me.[/QUOTE]

my store only has the dvd bundles. I'm going to try another store later today.

[quote name='M3wThr33']Any idea if I can use my $5 down reservations at other stores?[/QUOTE]

I think it has to be redeemed at the same store you purchased from

mine store foolishly gave me back my pre order card...so i read somewhere on this forum that ppl were reusing it...so I got my out of the trash...went back and got another set for $5!

gonna give it to a friend though I already have a $5 set

Finally got them. They got them in Friday and I had them hold it for me. $6 or so after the coupons and tax.

I'm still upset with how they handled this. And looking at the form, you CAN redeem these at any store. Hell, as far as I can tell, you could have put money down on just one and it would have taken it off for both. During the pre-sell, they ding you $5 for each barcode, then staple the receipt to it. Then on redeem-day, they zap the other side which applies all discounts. There's no unique identifier. Just a single barcode for all 4.
(Of course, you wouldn't get the extra $15 off the other movie, of course)

Do they e-mail the code for the new ticket? I just put a code into the DMR website and they haven't sent me anything.

[quote name='munch']Do they e-mail the code for the new ticket? I just put a code into the DMR website and they haven't sent me anything.[/QUOTE]

When you go click to print it'll list the redemption codes you put in on the site it'll take you to.

bread's done
Back