Purchase Wii at Amazon.com (11/19 @ Sun AM PST) + Pre-sales Now Shipping & Arriving

Sofa King Cheap

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
11/16 Edit, regarding new purchase opp:

Important News For Amazon.com Video Games Customers

The Nintendo Wii will be available for purchase on Amazon.com on 11/19, Sunday morning (PST). We will be limiting purchases to one per household and we anticipate that we will sell through our inventory very quickly as we've received 100 times more Wii email sign-ups than consoles we'll have available for sale (i.e., for every Nintendo Wii we'll have for sale, over 100 people have signed up to be notified).

We expect to receive periodic shipments of the Wii from Nintendo throughout the holidays and we will post availability updates on the product detail page as well as in the customer discussions on the Nintendo Wii product page:

http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Wii/dp/B0009VXBAQ.

Thank you for your continued support of Amazon.com.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009VXBAQ/104-0800133-1157516

One Day Shipping is $13.98. We need a Wii icon.

Edit 2:
The lastest about your Wii pre-orders from 9/15 are as follows:

Hello again,

Time to answer another batch of questions.

Several of you asked for a ballpark estimate as to when pre-orders would be up again, but unfortunately I don't have any information on that right now. As I've mentioned previously, we are still working with Nintendo on the details of our launch allotment, and I can't speculate as to when everything will be in place. Once again, your best bet is to sign up for email notification on the Wii detail page if you don't want to re-check our site every day.

Speaking of the email notification, there was a request for clarification on the timing of that email. We plan to send out an email to everyone on that list prior to the next pre-order window with all the relevant details on that window. This will hopefully give just about everyone an equal and fair chance at knowing when to come online and pre-order.

Regarding the launch day allotment, anyone who pre-orders a Wii prior to the November 19 launch can expect to get theirs as part of that first shipment. Past November 19, we will be opening up sales for further batches as we get them, which we hope will help minimize confusion. We know that customers who were able to get in on the last pre-order currently have a ship date of October listed on their order, which is obviously incorrect, but this will be updated when we have an actual delivery estimate, and those customers will receive an email regarding that change.

I still don't have any information on bundles or controller availability, which one of you asked for. However, I can tell you that in previous console launches, controller availability was not typically an issue.

Thanks again for your continued understanding, patience, and feedback.

- Jon G.
Amazon.com Video Games Editor

--------------------------------------------------------
Edit: Amazon will be taking pre-orders again once they know their actual alottment from Nintendo. All exisiting pre-orders from 9/15 will stand. It also looks like you'll get your console right at launch (no backorders, in otherwords, but no guarentee on launch day). Read all about it in in this discussion thread from the Amazon.com Video Game editor.
--------------------------------------------------------

Cheapy, you owe me for the comission on this one (just kidding). ;)

Delivered Boyohs! Now only have 1 hour left before I can get home!! *Anger subsiding!

Now If I could only find another damn Nunchuk!

Good Luck to all of youse still waiting for your packages!

Got mine! Showed up around 11:30 and I got it all hooked up, updated, and played a couple rounds of tennis and bowling before getting back to work...

[quote name='FFMooglestar']Just wondering, what is that status on people who used Super Saver Shipping? My 9/15 Order is still sitting at the shipment center it seems.[/quote]I just checked right now and this is what I got:

Ship Carrier: USPS
Tracking Number: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
In transit
green-pixel.gif

Order #: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Shipment Date: November 16, 2006
Destination: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Estimated Arrival: December 1, 2006
Date/Time/Location/Event/Details: November 16, 2006 --- US Carrier notified to pick up package.

Still hasn't been delievered yet. WHAT THE HELL? Its 5:08 PM!!! I ordered overnight delivery!!! Anyone know the latest they deliver?

IIRC, USPS does not have any tracking between travel points like UPS/Fedex/etc have. I think it only updates when it's out for delivery (or maybe just delivered).

Edit: It really sucks that Amazon switched to DHL for next day. Maybe it was just one bad experience, as I don't usually order things next day, but they took two days to deliver GH2. On the other hand, my Wii is UPS 2-day and it's out for delivery. They're really good at getting things here in 1 day from some of Amazon's warehouses :lol:

Mine's UPS, paid 9/15 expected arrival date today. Still waiting...they haven't done a "out for delivery" scan which scares me. I better get it today. It's 4:30 here they got til 7.

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']Mine's UPS, paid 9/15 expected arrival date today. Still waiting...they haven't done a "out for delivery" scan which scares me. I better get it today. It's 4:30 here they got til 7.[/QUOTE]

Hope for the best. From my experiences if UPS doesn't have an out for delivery scan it rarely gets delivered. I said "rarely" so you still have that glimmer of hope :) Hope ya get it today.

I camped 8hrs for mine Saturday night. As much fun as I'm having with Wii Sports and Trama Center, it was worth it. I haven't even began my epic adventure in Hyrule yet.....maybe this weekend. :)

Mine arrived, so I'm happy.

My final vent at Amazon: What the eff kind of packing was this? Nintendo puts absolutely no padding in the box. Zero Styrofoam. And Amazon throws it into a box with zero packing at all? Absurd! One drop from anyone along the route and damage could occur. Inexcusable, Amazon.

[quote name='PaulG']Mine arrived, so I'm happy.

My final vent at Amazon: What the eff kind of packing was this? Nintendo puts absolutely no padding in the box. Zero Styrofoam. And Amazon throws it into a box with zero packing at all? Absurd! One drop from anyone along the route and damage could occur. Inexcusable, Amazon.[/QUOTE]
ok, this makes me more worried. I had posted a few days ago about my concerns that my Wii box will probably come all dinged up ( I keep the boxes and want it like new), but now it sounds the system can be more easily damaged because of this. Mine better come in good shape (Wii box included).

[quote name='addicted2games']ok, this makes me more worried. I had posted a few days ago about my concerns that my Wii box will probably come all dinged up ( I keep the boxes and want it like new), but now it sounds the system can be more easily damaged because of this. Mine better come in good shape (Wii box included).[/quote]

I disagree and find Amazon packaging to be top-notch (not just my Wii experience but any other products I've bought). My Wii box came in mint condition, was shrink wrapped onto a flat piece of cardboard (standard Amazon procedure), and placed in the box with "air balloons" so the system wouldn't move around.

I've never seen Amazon use anything but a piece of cardboard + plastic and some of those air packet things to fill the empty space. Which has always worked fine for me, but sometimes UPS smashes the crap out of the box. Which would really suck if a Wii was in it. I hope no one experiences that situation :whistle2:#

[quote name='PaulG']Mine arrived, so I'm happy.

My final vent at Amazon: What the eff kind of packing was this? Nintendo puts absolutely no padding in the box. Zero Styrofoam. And Amazon throws it into a box with zero packing at all? Absurd! One drop from anyone along the route and damage could occur. Inexcusable, Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Mine was pretty close to this, from the Nevada warehouse. Had 2 sets of half-deflated air pillows haphazardly tossed into the box, not shrinkwrapped to anything... it was basically just loose in the box.

The Wii box itself looks fine, though, and the unit is fine, so I'm happy. Still, lazy/sloppy packaging from Amazon.

As for the Wii, the unit is packed pretty tightly in that box, and there aren't really any moving parts, so I would think it's OK for transfer as it is. There is a LOT of corrugated cardboard and it form fits most pieces so it probably works as a shock absorber for bigger crashes.

Well at least mine is shipped now, I hope it comes tomorrow and in good condition. Good job Amazon, this is the first time I've seen you handle something so horribly.

I just got off the phone with UPS. Mine was an overnight and was supposed to deliver today yet it was sitting there at their office??????????? I was like W T F???????? Luckily I'm able to go pick it up in two hours, but it's way across town and very inconvienent. There's no logic for it to be sitting there when it's supposed to be delivered today. But it is. fuck ck UPS. Oh well, at least I'm getting my Wii today.

I can't believe I was the only one who had zero cardboard and air pillows. I literally had the packing box and the Wii box with nothing but air separating the two. It's the 1st time I've ever had an Amazon order (or any order) ship like this. It blew my mind.

I can hardly believe it, but my Wii actually shipped today! Turns out all the complaining paid off ;)

Looking forward to hopefully receiving it tomorrow... any idea if DHL requires a signature for delivery?

yay, missed the amazon ordering period when I had to go answer the doorbell... but still got a wii for my nephew from a CAGr here

Great job DHL, great job. I ordered overnight shipping and what do i get, sorry your order is going to arrive tomorrow. So what exactly did i put down overnight for? They've had my shipment in since saturday. This is bullshit.

Mine has officially been shipped using DHL, finally. I should have it tomorrow hopefully. But with Amazon lately you never know :roll:
How's about everyone else who ordered on 9-15 and were having similar problems to my own, any luck?

My order status now is
Out for delivery (With delivery courier)
DHL 1 day shipping
Shipping destination is NY
the tracking show me that its
Shipped From:
New Castle, DE.
Thank you Amazon :D
Ordered Sunday
Shipped Monday
Delivered Tuesday

Mine is out for delivery for UPS. Unfortunately no one is home at my house today. We'll see if they drop it or if I'll have to go pick it up once I get home for Thanksgiving.

[quote name='lordwow']Mine is out for delivery for UPS. Unfortunately no one is home at my house today. We'll see if they drop it or if I'll have to go pick it up once I get home for Thanksgiving.[/quote]

Amazon/UPS does not require a signature unless the contents are over $400 or so. They got there yesterday before I got home from work and left mine hidden on the porch, so you should be okay unless you ordered additional items to bring up the package's value.

[quote name='jtbradford']Amazon/UPS does not require a signature unless the contents are over $400 or so. They got there yesterday before I got home from work and left mine hidden on the porch, so you should be okay unless you ordered additional items to bring up the package's value.[/QUOTE]

Thank you good sir. I'm not too concerned since my parent's home is deep in the woods, and I didn't add anything extra to that delivery, so they should leave it. Looks like I'll being playing Wii Sports with the family tonight.

mine says it shipped, but dhl doesn't have it and amazon wont do anything because "it still should be delivered today."

what a bunch of fucking idiots.

I HAVE YOU ALL BEAT!

I found mine on my porch early yesterday afternoon, with a corner ripped off and no Wii inside. I emailed Amazon and they're giving me a refund- all I need to do is ship the empty box back to them. I'm glad I waited in line at Target to be safe.

Pics to come later tonight~

Why would the hoodlums steal the contents and not the entire box? So the idiots stayed in front of your house in public view, ripped open the box, took out the Wii and left the box there? Isn't it smarter (and quicker) to take the whole damn thing and just jet?

[quote name='Kendro']Why would the hoodlums steal the contents and not the entire box? So the idiots stayed in front of your house in public view, ripped open the box, took out the Wii and left the box there? Isn't it smarter (and quicker) to take the whole damn thing and just jet?[/quote]

Yeah, that doesn't make any sense, maybe they hate him and wanted to be sure he knew they stole it rather than it just being lost? :p

Anyway, mine was apparently delivered to my house at 11:50, but I won't get home until around 6, and I have a test in about an hour and 45 minutes that I wish I could just skip and go home....

But anyway, it came just in time, I'm off the rest of the week, so happy times are to be had.

[quote name='SpazX']Yeah, that doesn't make any sense, maybe they hate him and wanted to be sure he knew they stole it rather than it just being lost? :p

Anyway, mine was apparently delivered to my house at 11:50, but I won't get home until around 6, and I have a test in about an hour and 45 minutes that I wish I could just skip and go home....

But anyway, it came just in time, I'm off the rest of the week, so happy times are to be had.[/QUOTE]

Ya, mine is still "en route" according to UPS, probably a late stop on their trip around the area. The later the better for me though, as that's when the family gets home from work. I've gotta finish up this paper, turn it in, and get travelling home. But I too have the rest of the week off. Very nice...

[quote name='Kendro']Why would the hoodlums steal the contents and not the entire box? So the idiots stayed in front of your house in public view, ripped open the box, took out the Wii and left the box there? Isn't it smarter (and quicker) to take the whole damn thing and just jet?[/QUOTE]

I've been replaying the scenario in my head, and have come up with three likely situations.

1- It was ripped open AFTER it was delivered and was stolen AFTER it was delivered.

2- It was ripped open BEFORE it was delivered (an employee looking for a PS3?) and was stolen AFTER it was delivered.

3- It was ripped open BEFORE it was delivered and someone stole it BEFORE it was delivered and they delivered an empty box anyways.

I know it was either 2 or 3.

[quote name='djkunai']I've been replaying the scenario in my head, and have come up with three likely situations.

1- It was ripped open AFTER it was delivered and was stolen AFTER it was delivered.

2- It was ripped open BEFORE it was delivered (an employee looking for a PS3?) and was stolen AFTER it was delivered.

3- It was ripped open BEFORE it was delivered and someone stole it BEFORE it was delivered and they delivered an empty box anyways.

I know it was either 2 or 3.[/QUOTE]

I would like to think #3 would almost never happen. I would go apeshit on the delivery courier if this was the case (heck, I'd go off on them anyway). I guess it depends on where you live too. I didn't have mine shipped to my apartment because our packages get left in plain sight in a lobby that's accessible to anyone. In a situation like that, #1 is more likely.

[quote name='lordwow']I would like to think #3 would almost never happen. I would go apeshit on the delivery courier if this was the case (heck, I'd go off on them anyway). I guess it depends on where you live too. I didn't have mine shipped to my apartment because our packages get left in plain sight in a lobby that's accessible to anyone. In a situation like that, #1 is more likely.[/QUOTE]
definitely not 3 since the box was delivered. The driver had no way of knowing if you would be there or not. If it came from the warehouse like that I doubt the driver would have delivered a tampered with box since he would be held responsible.

Mine arrived :D Everything was safe and secure in the box, my wireless set-up was painless, and I got to play some of the delightful Zelda and Wii sports...

If anyone wants to friend me, shoot me a PM with your info and I'll return the favor ;)

has anyone on the 9/15 roster still not received their WII? i used standard shipping (not even super saver!) and even though my order has a tracking number, the tracking for USPS is shite. i'm getting a little concerned.

I can't believe some of these stories either. Amazon has always sort of been the golden child of online ordering. Luckily other than the shipping date being off, my Amazon order was painless and well worth not having to sit outside all night.

Curious if anyone who's used free shipping has received theirs yet. I'm in CA, haven't received mine. But I did use free shipping, so I knew it would take a while...

bread's done
Back